Is there a relationship between John 15:1-11 and Revelation 14:18-20?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daniel Blogger

Mar 16, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 15, Jesus describes Himself as the True Vine, saying that the branches which do not bear fruit are cut and cast in the fire so that the vine can bear more fruit. If in this parable the good fruit represent those who are in the True Vine, who are the ones represented in the last three verses of Revelation 14?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 15, Jesus describes Himself as the True Vine, saying that the branches which do not bear fruit are cut and cast in the fire so that the vine can bear more fruit. If in this parable the good fruit represent those who are in the True Vine, who are the ones represented in the last three verses of Revelation 14?
Those are the members of babylon the great Daniel.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Different vine. Jesus is the Vine of life. Branches were cut off (some Israelites who didn't believe in Him when He came) do that the Gentiles could be grafted into the Vine.
Rev. 14:18-20 talks about the vine of the earth ( worldly and corrupt), of which all unbelievers are attached to. They will suffer God's wrath and be thrown into the fire and destroyed.

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 32:32 refers to "the vine of Sodom" which I believe is like the vine in Revelations 14.

If I can soapbox a little:
God is talking about Israel in Deuteronomy 32:32. Israel were God's people, so I think its a good warning for today's Christians to make sure we are part of the God's true vine.
Lamentations 1:15 also has similar wording in that "the Lord hath trodden the virgin, the daughter of Judah, as in a winepress". To me it brings to mind Matthew 25 with the 10 virgins waiting to meet their husbandman and only 5 had oil. We need to make sure we're not just Christians in name but in truth, not virgins without oil which I assume end up like the virgins in Lamentations 1:15.
Personally I know a lot of people that wear their Christianity like a pennant and live the same as good worldly people. They think they are in peace and safety because of their acknowledgement of Jesus, church attendance, etc. but 1 Thessalonians 5:3 warns that not all that think they are safe and secure really are, and Matthew 7:21 & 22 warn that many that call Jesus "Lord" will not enter heaven.
So my advice is to always think on the warning in Hebrews 12:14 that you must be holy to see the Lord. Truly strive towards holiness to make sure you are on the right vine.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 32:32 refers to "the vine of Sodom" which I believe is like the vine in Revelations 14.

If I can soapbox a little:
God is talking about Israel in Deuteronomy 32:32. Israel were God's people, so I think its a good warning for today's Christians to make sure we are part of the God's true vine.
Lamentations 1:15 also has similar wording in that "the Lord hath trodden the virgin, the daughter of Judah, as in a winepress". To me it brings to mind Matthew 25 with the 10 virgins waiting to meet their husbandman and only 5 had oil. We need to make sure we're not just Christians in name but in truth, not virgins without oil which I assume end up like the virgins in Lamentations 1:15.
Personally I know a lot of people that wear their Christianity like a pennant and live the same as good worldly people. They think they are in peace and safety because of their acknowledgement of Jesus, church attendance, etc. but 1 Thessalonians 5:3 warns that not all that think they are safe and secure really are, and Matthew 7:21 & 22 warn that many that call Jesus "Lord" will not enter heaven.
So my advice is to always think on the warning in Hebrews 12:14 that you must be holy to see the Lord. Truly strive towards holiness to make sure you are on the right vine.

Excellent 'soapbox' and well received - thank you

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are all people in the tribulation period who accept the mark of the beast and worship him as Messiah.