Is there a way to start at the beginning study?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gumpy

Dec 10, 2022
Brockville
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As I explained in my introduction, I suffer from cognitive problems, and I want to read the bible so badly and learn the lessons of the bible. But I cannot get past the 1st chapter. Is there a study group for that... I am not really sure what I am asking... but I know I can't get pass the 1st chapter...

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I explained in my introduction, I suffer from cognitive problems, and I want to read the bible so badly and learn the lessons of the bible. But I cannot get past the 1st chapter. Is there a study group for that... I am not really sure what I am asking... but I know I can't get pass the 1st chapter...
Hi Gumpy, welcome to the thread. Would you be interested in a Bible study sir? Be glad to take you through this easy interactive Bible course. Download it at:

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not specific on your cognitive problem …. So I will ask.

Is it reading for the sake of reading that causes you to become dissociated.

What happens if you are reading (anything) for a purpose? In search of something (an answer you have a question to) …………..same results or can you read till you find the answer?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't answer your question, but if you are having trouble with the first chapter, I'd suggest you not worry about it. Move on to the second.

Many churches do have Bible studies, though I doubt many start at the beginning of the Bible.

And there are Bible commentaries, some contained in the Bible. My only trouble with a Bible commentary is that the temptation might be to believe everything in the commentary, when maybe the commentator doesn't get everything right.