Is there any Bible quote on Asking for forgiveness?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there any Bible verses that pertain that we need to ask for forgiveness?

Old Testament or New?

See what I understand It was customary for people to offer sacrifices for their sins in the nation of Israel they would sacrifice bulls and what not, in getting their sins forgiven for an entire year.

Now Jesus sacrifice was the perfect one that was unlimited and flawless, in which Sin has been taken care of for All.

What do we do? When we sin? Seek God? Ask for forgiveness? He done forgave you?

Lord have mercy on us for we are fallen short, and can’t make ends without Christ and abiding in Him.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Old Testament or New?

See what I understand It was customary for people to offer sacrifices for their sins in the nation of Israel they would sacrifice bulls and what not, in getting their sins forgiven for an entire year.

Now Jesus sacrifice was the perfect one that was unlimited and flawless, in which Sin has been taken care of for All.

Lord have mercy on us for we are fallen short, and can’t make ends without Christ and abiding in Him.

1 John 1:9 KJV
9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The Bible presupposes that we need forgiveness.

Peter told Simon the magician,

Acts 8:22 KJV
22) Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

Jesus said all sin shall be forgiven,

Matthew 12:31 KJV
31) Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

2 Corinthians 5 tells us God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. Romans speaks of us having received the reconciliation. My understanding is that forgiveness of sins has been given, and we receive that forgiveness when we confess our sin to God.

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do we do? If we are a child of God, and we commit sin? Firstly, we stop. Secondly, we rejoice in God's neverending love for us, and our freedom from sin.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you stop sinning?

You made some good points there Marks.

I would agree that if anyone asked me if sin has been taken care of not, the response would be Yes. Jesus paid and took care of your sins before you were born.

If you desire to have a relationship with God through Christ the best thing to do would be reading and learning the Bible.

As Christian’s we may sin be it in anger or frustration or some other things being greedy or evil… because of our flesh… we present what is going on to the Father, and ask him to help by the spirit?

Should as a born again Christian go on a hamster wheel of forgiveness in always saying God forgive I did this or I did that?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Luke 11:4
Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.’”

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Old Testament or New?

i dont think so mg, went looking for that a few years ago myself. Confess your sins, one to another, and let forgiveness be on them imo