Is this the reason unbelievers don't get a free pass.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could eating the fruit have caused two separate evils? A fallen state involving the Spirit, and sin involving the soul.

It was the disobedience.
Adam and Eve...were newly created withou history, experience....compared to our own newborn, toddler children, little children...

The lesson, IS...teach them GOOD, TRUTH, first... protect their eyes, ears...from bad, lies.

All God spoke to them was Truth.
Quickly ...an instigator was present, to influence ....and notice....went after the weakest.
Children are the weakest, and easiest tricked.
Teaching them right, Truth first, begins the preparation, how to handle , bad, lies, tricksters ....and the World is full of THAT nonsense....so we keep our children close, teaching them good, before we unleash them out into the world...
(That is Gods game plan...and we can see how faulty that has become...as babies, little children are routinely separated from their parents for 8-10 hrs a day...all for "stuff".

Are we reconnecting with the Spirit when we open the door to Jesus?

Yes Of sorts.
We have a body, a soul, a spirit. It's all the one us, but each part of us is contended in a different way.

Body's- life is blood. Gods requires the blood life of every body. All body's are thus mortal, which means "subject to...shall die".
Because of SIN, every mortal body is born in sin.
Concerning the Body ...
"Spiritually crucified with Jesus" His promise is to Raise our body's up in "glory", a new "immortal body", never again subject to death.

Soul life in our body is "Gods Breath". our soul was given us "very good"..."but pffff in a body of sin"! Dang!
(Turd in punchbowl), bodily Sin effects the soul.

Spirit of natural man, is his natural truth in his heart. (Natural things we learn in the world CAN sound good, but BE totally Cunning tricks).

The Lords Offering is....
Hear His Word, Choose to Trust to Believe, continue to hear...

(In Brief; make us WHOLE...
Body, soul, spirit)

A Heartful (even while still in your sin)....because God doesn't save the already saved!)
A Heartful confession...
Forgives all sin.
•RESTORES the soul..."very good Again" (called Saved. And many will say "Saved from hell", which IMO is not the Highlight, moreso the Default" The Highlight is the soul is "Saved unto God", kept Forever alive.

•QUICKENS the spirit..."new seed, Gods Seed, new life, never subject to death...Alive Forever.

These three things...we don't See ...while we exist in our natural flesh....we trust, this is His Word, His gifts, our Agreeing to Accept, and while still on Earth, we reap the benefits, of His blessings....and Awesome gift of direct spiritual communication with The Lord God...any where, any time 24-7. No waiting or locked doors! Christ's Church Always open to us, and He available, our High Priest!

So yes...a reconnection with our soul.
A new connection with our spirit.
An meantime, we use his risen body...(while He has prepared our body's (crucified), to BEcome risen on the day His Angel's blows the trumpet signal.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: pittsburghjoe

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm asking if Jesus died for sins of those that don't believe. Maybe it is only original sin for them ..not their specific sins.
There is absolutely no question that Christ died for the sins of the whole world -- the human race. However His atoning work applies only to those who obey the Gospel (Mark 16:15,16). Repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21).

Reactions: amigo de christo

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we say the evil of the tree was connected to satan? We believed his lie and now we need the Truth back.

Is the cross only about sin or is the Truth also involved for those that opened the door?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I'm asking, did His death also grant something besides the forgiveness of sins? Did He need to die for the Truth to save us?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm asking if Jesus died for sins of those that don't believe. Maybe it is only original sin for them ..not their specific sins.

If all will be resurrected then perhaps, but I'm not really sure:

John 5:29
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we accept the Truth of the Spirit, are we opening the door to the Cross? Could it be a timeless door to all that open it? An entry point to salvation?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we can say we became entangled with Christ. Quantum Entanglement doesn't care about time.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:6 I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me
via username CS1

A door to the Truth sounds like "The Way" to me. The Way to everlasting Life.

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So maybe He did need to die for the Truth to save us. The death acts as a gateway to the Truth.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
  • Romans 8:16
  • The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
  • And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
  • For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
  • For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
  • Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Is this saying The Spirit is aware of everyone, but only those that suffer with Him can be saved? Did Christ suffer the sins of those that eventually turn to God? Does that mean He suffered for all sins of those that can be saved? Would there be a point to Him suffering for hitler's sin?

• Matthew 7:21-23

• 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

• 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

• 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He never knew them ..He would have never have died for their specific sins?

Is this the key to why we have to believe to be saved? Does this answer why Jesus dying for our sins wasn't enough for unbelievers to get a free ride?
Given that those who believe the gospel and are saved, are elect through the foreknowledge of God (1 Peter 1:2), God knew right from the start who was going to be saved.

Now, I am not supporting predestination here. There is a difference between foreknowledge through the omniscience of God, and God pre-determining who is going to be saved and who is to be reprobate.

Therefore, given that those through God knowing all those who are going to be saved from Adam until Jesus comes again, the names of the elect are already written in the Book of Life. Therefore when Jesus suffered on the cross, He suffered and shed His blood for all those already written in the Book of Life.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Given that those who believe the gospel and are saved, are elect through the foreknowledge of God (1 Peter 1:2), God knew right from the start who was going to be saved.

Now, I am not supporting predestination here. There is a difference between foreknowledge through the omniscience of God, and God pre-determining who is going to be saved and who is to be reprobate.

Therefore, given that those through God knowing all those who are going to be saved from Adam until Jesus comes again, the names of the elect are already written in the Book of Life. Therefore when Jesus suffered on the cross, He suffered and shed His blood for all those already written in the Book of Life.

I'm all for Jesus not suffering for hitler's sins ..but I don't know what to do with this:

“And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm all for Jesus not suffering for hitler's sins ..but I don't know what to do with this:

“And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬
He didn't suffer for Hitler's sins, because God already knew that his name is not written in the Book of Life. The "sins of the whole world" is written to show that the invitation to embrace Christ is open to all with no restriction. Although God knows about all those who will embrace Christ and be saved, it doesn't mean that He has entered into the affairs of mankind to directly influence anyone to salvation, other than giving the invitation: "Come unto Me all who are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He didn't suffer for Hitler's sins, because God already knew that his name is not written in the Book of Life. The "sins of the whole world" is written to show that the invitation to embrace Christ is open to all with no restriction. Although God knows about all those who will embrace Christ and be saved, it doesn't mean that He has entered into the affairs of mankind to directly influence anyone to salvation, other than giving the invitation: "Come unto Me all who are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Check this list out Jesus died for ALL

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
okay but if they DID turn to Christ, their sins would be blotted out for His sake. That's what 1 John 2:2 states

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
okay but if they DID turn to Christ, their sins would be blotted out for His sake. That's what 1 John 2:2 states

Why wouldn't they specify when saying this?:

"the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people."

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Entangling our souls with Jesus is The Way out of this fallen reality. That's what opening the door means.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Absolutely! The Scripture says that "All sin and iniquity shall be forgiven of men". The plan of salvation was especially designed for people like Hitler, and others like him. Consider the Apostle Paul. He persecuted the church, imprisoned and murdered innocent people because they had embraced Christ, and yet Jesus made a personal effort to get him saved.

One other thing to consider. Sin is sin, and even the most minor violation of God's Law brings the same penalty as the major violations. This means that you and me are just as sinful at Hitler in God's view. Even someone who told little white lies would share hell with Hitler if he or she did not embrace Christ as Saviour. There is only one penalty for sin - a Christless eternity. Hell is no going to by any hotter for Hitler than for anyone else who rejects Christ.