Is this true?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see you believe that. However, I think you are not all that familiar with the ten commandments and the body of the church as Jesus intended in his mission when you divide moral behavior between an old covenant, and the new.

Are you someone who believes in replacement theology?

Well having walked with the Lord for 47 years now, and having been a bible college teacher, I think I would say I am familiar with what the ten commandments teach and the body of Christ.

I also want to let you know that of the ten commandments, none were carried over for moral clarity to the church. The Sabbath was not! But the purpose of the 1008 commands for the church , as opposed to the 613 to Israel serve a much different purpose! I do not obey thou shalt not commit adultery because it it found in Leviticus as given to Israel, but I obey it because it is given to the church in the New TEstament. I also do not obey taking my rebellious child to the gates of the town and stone them, either.

Remember what Paul said of the ten commandments:
2 Corinthians 3:5-9
King James Version

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

As Paul wrote in Galatians, the purpose of the law was to show that we are sinners and in Corinthians , the law empowered sin. theyu were written to condemn as Paul wrote not justify or make on e righteous.

Now for th enone carried over to teh new? We walk in them to show that we are now saved and have been made righteous by the blood of Jesus!

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well having walked with the Lord for 47 years now, and having been a bible college teacher, I think I would say I am familiar with what the ten commandments teach and the body of Christ.

I also want to let you know that of the ten commandments, none were carried over for moral clarity to the church. The Sabbath was not! But the purpose of the 1008 commands for the church , as opposed to the 613 to Israel serve a much different purpose! I do not obey thou shalt not commit adultery because it it found in Leviticus as given to Israel, but I obey it because it is given to the church in the New TEstament. I also do not obey taking my rebellious child to the gates of the town and stone them, either.

Remember what Paul said of the ten commandments:
2 Corinthians 3:5-9
King James Version

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

As Paul wrote in Galatians, the purpose of the law was to show that we are sinners and in Corinthians , the law empowered sin. theyu were written to condemn as Paul wrote not justify or make on e righteous.

Now for th enone carried over to teh new? We walk in them to show that we are now saved and have been made righteous by the blood of Jesus!

I stand by my prior observations.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So tell me, if Paul had died as a child after Romans 7 [which you claim he was still unsaved], and before Romans 8 was penned, would he go to heaven or would he await judgment day then put to hell?

To God Be The Glory
Romans 7 is about the adult Paul as a Pharisee not being able to stop sinning, Romans 8 is after salvation when Paul had Christ in his life, then he walked after the spirit of God, who dwells within Christians, and not after the flesh - meaning per Paul’s other epistles, not following the lust of the flesh to commit works of the flesh, which are adultery and other sins.

Paul tells us in Romans 8, that we have a daily choice as Christians to follow after the flesh, as we are tempted to do, or to walk after Gods spirit - and he warns that if we walk after the flesh, we will die.

He is referring to being dead in sins, when he references dying, as in being dead in sins, per Ephesians 2:1.

In fact Romans 8:1 starts out with the conditional statement that there is no condemnation for believers who walk not after the flesh - who don’t commit sins of the flesh - but walk after Gods spirit.

In other words, OSAS is false doctrine,

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7 is about the adult Paul as a Pharisee not being able to stop sinning, Romans 8 is after salvation when Paul had Christ in his life, then he walked after the spirit of God, who dwells within Christians, and not after the flesh - meaning per Paul’s other epistles, not following the lust of the flesh to commit works of the flesh, which are adultery and other sins.

Paul tells us in Romans 8, that we have a daily choice as Christians to follow after the flesh, as we are tempted to do, or to walk after Gods spirit - and he warns that if we walk after the flesh, we will die.

He is referring to being dead in sins, when he references dying, as in being dead in sins, per Ephesians 2:1.

In fact Romans 8:1 starts out with the conditional statement that there is no condemnation for believers who walk not after the flesh - who don’t commit sins of the flesh - but walk after Gods spirit.

Slight correction: Romans 8:1 says "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." The rest fo the verse that appears in some translations was added later. Here is the NET translator's note: The earliest and best witnesses of the Alexandrian and Western texts, as well as a few others (א* B D* F G 6 1506 1739 1881 co), have no additional words for v. 1. Later scribes (A D1 Ψ 81 365 629 vg) added the words μὴ κατὰ σάρκα περιπατοῦσιν (mē kata sarka peripatousin, “who do not walk according to the flesh”), while even later ones (א2 D2 33vid M) added ἀλλὰ κατὰ πνεῦμα (alla kata pneuma, “but [who do walk] according to the Spirit”). Both the external evidence and the internal evidence are compelling for the shortest reading. The scribes were evidently motivated to add such qualifications (interpolated from v. 4) to insulate Paul’s gospel from charges that it was characterized too much by grace. The KJV follows the longest reading found in M.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I dunno. If it's true that the majority of American's are Christian then the wicked ways part is a curious thing.

Some have no idea what the definition of a "Christian" is.
A person said "I am a Christian".
Asked if that person was "Born Again", did not have a clue what that means.

Reactions: Abigail

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some have no idea what the definition of a "Christian" is.
A person said "I am a Christian".
Asked if that person was "Born Again", did not have a clue what that means.
I find that to be very sad. :( Did you proceed to inform them of what it means?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptural answer to your theoretical question is that he would await judgment day then go to hell. If anyone hasn't accepted Jesus as your Savior that is where they are going.

And where do you read that to ACCEPT Jesus as saviour will bring any one closer to heaven? Jesus said, "Ye have NOT chosen me, but I have chosen you.... " John 15:16

John 3:16 stipulates that.... "FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE.... " NEVER OFFERED!!!

John 3:16 is the most quoted verse in the world but also the least misunderstood.

There lies the error of your ways!!!

If Paul was saved as an adult and had died as a child, he would still have gone to heaven to be with Christ [2 Corinthians 5:8] BECAUSE he was elected to salvation by the Father in eternity past, BEFORE the foundation of the world. Hence, once saved always saved!

Man in his own volition would like to think that he has a choice in the matter of his salvation!

What audacity! He makes himself the "king maker" taking away the glory from the very God who created him. Does this kinda sound familiar to you at all? Is not this Satan's sin?

Go peddle your false teachings someplace else.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And where do you read that to ACCEPT Jesus as saviour will bring any one closer to heaven? Jesus said, "Ye have NOT chosen me, but I have chosen you.... " John 15:16

John 3:16 stipulates that.... "FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE.... " NEVER OFFERED!!!

John 3:16 is the most quoted verse in the world but also the least misunderstood.

There lies the error of your ways!!!

If Paul was saved as an adult and had died as a child, he would still have gone to heaven to be with Christ [2 Corinthians 5:8] BECAUSE he was elected to salvation by the Father in eternity past, BEFORE the foundation of the world. Hence, once saved always saved!

Man in his own volition would like to think that he has a choice in the matter of his salvation!

What audacity! He makes himself the "king maker" taking away the glory from the very God who created him. Does this kinda sound familiar to you at all? Is not this Satan's sin?

Go peddle your false teachings someplace else.

To God Be The Glory
Election is corporate, not individual, but of course you have no clue what that means.

The elect angels. The elect nation of Israel.The body of Christ.

All young children who die go to heaven, because it’s the sins done in the body that are unforgiven that condemn anyone, and young children, infants, newborns and fetuses have committed no sins.

Only the heinous doctrine of Calvinism would damn the innocent to hell, because of not being the elect, and make that the salvation and damnation criteria.

Calvinism is a vile insult of the character and nature of God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heal my land - my vessel - Lord God - my soul, my habitation that I live in, in Jesus name.

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am free in Christ, praise the Lord.
No. That would be your burden.

Heaven will reveal all! I have no weight of false doctrine on my back. but if y0ou think any OT law is still valid as the OT law, you carry a heavy burden you don't even see.

There is no Sabbath for the church! So the ten in stone was shattered. Paul even roared against the law many times! It will not save, will not make one righteous. The NT commands are there to show us how to live as the saved children of God, just like the 613 commands God gave to Moses (including the ten in stone) for Israel to live as saved people as a theocracy in the land of eternal promise!

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven will reveal all! I have no weight of false doctrine on my back. but if y0ou think any OT law is still valid as the OT law, you carry a heavy burden you don't even see.

There is no Sabbath for the church! So the ten in stone was shattered. Paul even roared against the law many times! It will not save, will not make one righteous. The NT commands are there to show us how to live as the saved children of God, just like the 613 commands God gave to Moses (including the ten in stone) for Israel to live as saved people as a theocracy in the land of eternal promise!
Before you presume to teach someone you may wish to pay attention to what they've said.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Election is corporate, not individual, but of course you have no clue what that means.

Of course I do but NOT according to your definition.

The elect angels. The elect nation of Israel.The body of Christ.

There is no such a thing as "elect angels." Angels are ministering servants of God and the "elect angels" have nothing to do with salvation, except fo mankind! Likewise, no "elect nation of Israel" [as a nation they will NEVER turn to Christ] or do you mean "the Israel of God?" And, of course, all elected individuals chosen from before the foundation of the world until the last day are they that consists of "the body of Christ." John 6:37.

All young children who die go to heaven, because it’s the sins done in the body that are unforgiven that condemn anyone, and young children, infants, newborns and fetuses have committed no sins.

You sure do know how to display your lack of knowledge [Hosea 4:6] in the spiritual things of God! So you think you know more than God???!!! Consider this: "The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies." Psalms 58:3

Now, do you still believe children go to heaven when they die? Lol!

Only the heinous doctrine of Calvinism would damn the innocent to hell, because of not being the elect, and make that the salvation and damnation criteria.

Without the teachings of the Reformed persuasion, salvation could never have been understood by many!

Calvinism is a vile insult of the character and nature of God.

Again, without the teachings by the Reformed persuasion, many Protestants today would have adopted the teaching of Arminius, that man has the power of "free-will" to accept or reject the Lord Jesus.

Have you ever even read Romans 3:10-11?
10) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

If in God's assessment there is none righteous no, not one and there is none that seeks after God, who then can be saved??? N-O-N-E... N-A-D-A...
Z-I-L-C-H.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such a thing as "elect angels.
You obviously have never read the New Testament from Matthew to Revelation, or you wouldn’t make that unlearned claim:

1Ti 5:21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

I repeat, election is corporate and not individual: the body of Christ for one.

God predestined and chose that those in the body of Christ will be conformed to the image of Hs son - He did not individually determine who gets into the body of Christ - whosoever will, may come.

Calvinism is also completely wrong about how faith comes.

Faith comes by hearing the word of God Romans 10:17 - not by being regenerated by irresistible grace first, so that they can believe.

Faith precedes grace and regeneration, it is not the result of grace and regeneration.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, without the teachings by the Reformed persuasion, many Protestants today would have adopted the teaching of Arminius, that man has the power of "free-will" to accept or reject the Lord Jesus.
That’s because man has freewill to receive or reject Jesus.

Proof of freewill is proved in the Bible:

If it can be seen in the scriptures any instance of Gods elect having a freewill choice that allows them to resist their election and refuse it, that would indeed falsify Calvinism.

And in fact, Bible has the refutation of Calvinism staring us in the face in its pages:

Jesus came only for Israel. Matthew 15:24:

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

They were God’s elect. Isaiah 45:4:

Isa 45:4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

Yet His own, that He came for, REJECTED Him. John 1:11:

Joh 1:11 He came unto HIS OWN, and his own received him NOT.

Jesus, who is God, yearned for His own elect people whom He came for, to come to Him - but they refused:

Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and YE WOULD NOT!

This is absolutely impossible in Calvinism - for the elect, who Jesus came for, to resist and reject salvation - yet they did just that.

Act 13:45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

Act 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should FIRST have been spoken to YOU: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

The Bible is clear that God gave us free will, and the Holy Spirit is resistible - which is why elect Israel was able to reject their election - and proves there is no such thing as irresistible grace.

Stephen preached to those same elect Israelites (Isaiah 45:4) who Jesus came for, but they rejected Him (John 1:11) who He yearned would come to Him, BUT THEY WOULD NOT (Matthew 23:37) and told them that the reason they killed the prophets God sent, then rejected, and killed their own Messiah when He came for them, is because they RESIST the Holy Spirit.

Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always RESIST THE HOLY GHOST : as your fathers did, so do ye.

Act 7:52 Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered (Jesus).

The Holy Spirit, without which no man can say Jesus is Lord, is resistible, proving we have free will.

Calvinism is wrong from start to finish.

It’s wrong about how faith comes.

It’s wrong about irresistible grace - the Holy Spirit is resistible, completely falsifying reformed dogma.

Jesus’ own elect nation of Israel, that He came for, mostly rejected and killed their own messiah because they resisted the Holy Spirit.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sure do know how to display your lack of knowledge [Hosea 4:6] in the spiritual things of God! So you think you know more than God???!!! Consider this: "The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies." Psalms 58:3

Now, do you still believe children go to heaven when they die? Lol!

Have you ever seen a newborn start talking at all, let alone tell lies?

They generally don’t speak their first word until 18 months old.

Only when a person is old enough to deliberately lie and have understanding of what they are doing, are they accountable for the sin of lying.

That process may begin at birth, but until someone can speak lies they have not sinned.

Scripture makes crystal clear that the damned are punished for sins they commit in their bodies, and no fetus, newborn, infant, or young child has committed any sins to be damned over:

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Unlike the heinous doctrines of Calvinism, God can’t damn a fetus, newborn, infant, or young child to hell if they die, when they’ve committed no sins.

And Jesus makes clear that children are so innocent in Gods eyes, that we must be converted and become as little children to enter heaven:

Mat 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Calvinism is the philosophy of fatalism and determinism, that is inferred into scripture, that falsely defines what election and predestination mean.

It is backwards - it has grace and regeneration preceding faith, when faith is how we access grace, so it obviously precedes grace, and cannot possibly be the response to grace.

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever seen a newborn start talking at all, let alone tell lies?

They generally don’t speak their first word until 18 months old.

Only when a person is old enough to deliberately lie and have understanding of what they are doing, are they accountable for the sin of lying.

That process may begin at birth, but until someone can speak lies they have not sinned.

Scripture makes crystal clear that the damned are punished for sins they commit in their bodies, and no fetus, newborn, infant, or young child has committed any sins to be damned over:

I'm afraid you have NOT grasped the contents of God's views/purposes in Psalms 58:3-8. You weigh everything that are spiritual ACCORDING to your human logic and not according to God's intents!!!

What part do you NOT UNDERSTAND what Paul said, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one." This of course [without exceptions] also included all fetus', newborns, infants, and children. And where do you think these babies will go if they die as infants, do I need to spell it out for you?

Now concerning salvation and what the Reformers believe are written below:

"No man can [have power] come to me, except the Father which hath sent me DRAW him: and I will raise him up on the last day." John 6:44. And this is a fundamental principle!

Read my lips: "there is no other way can a man become saved except the Father draw him."

AND, this is the reason many of Jesus' disciples went back, and walked no more with Him, BECAUSE He said, "no man [not even infants] can come to me except it were given him of my Father." John 6:65-66.

Yes, yes, yes. The Reformers had salvation correctly interpreted. For salvation IS of God.

To God Be The Glory