Is this true?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The following cartoon, which has been shared on Facebook and is based on Charlie Brown rings true for me. It is based around the following scripture: -

2 Chron 7:13-15: - 13 When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Does the cartoon ring true for you?

upload_2022-2-16_9-39-38.png

I wonder if Snoopy is reflecting on who is wagging the tail?

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dunno. If it's true that the majority of American's are Christian then the wicked ways part is a curious thing.

Reactions: dev553344

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I dunno. If it's true that the majority of American's are Christian then the wicked ways part is a curious thing.

Really? They try and play at being God just like the other citizens of this little old earth.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who here would like to see the land be healed . Then hear ye this and let us hear it well .
We must persuade many within the protestant realm to flee the all inclusive unity lie .
Till the churches repent of that , there will be no reprieve but only worse things coming for the world and for her lands .
We gotta GET the TRUE JESUS back at the center of the churches and abandon the false hope of the all inclusive .
Cling to Christ and love all HE did teach and say and know and understand that only Faith in Christ can save a soul .
yea , preach that good ol orginal life saving gospel once again . FOR JESUS alone is the only hope one has
and we need us a massive repentance away from a false gospel and back to the true gospel

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The verse in the OP was laid on my heart two years ago and has continued to come up as we have moved through the 24months. The problem is that often as not Christians look at that verse and presume it is for others, each of us needs to humble ourselves.
Pride can be so deceptive, but I guarantee it’s something we all have.
Rita

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse in the OP was laid on my heart two years ago and has continued to come up as we have moved through the 24months. The problem is that often as not Christians look at that verse and presume it is for others, each of us needs to humble ourselves.
Pride can be so deceptive, but I guarantee it’s something we all have.
Rita
I agree, @Rita. It begins with each one of us.

1 Peter 4:15-19
[15]But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
[16]Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
[17]For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
[18]And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
[19]Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following cartoon, which has been shared on Facebook and is based on Charlie Brown rings true for me. It is based around the following scripture: -

2 Chron 7:13-15: - 13 When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

View attachment 20555

The people that aren't Christians can be wicked and many are. The leaders of the countries often are selfish and arrogant. But that is a flaw with seeking power and the type of person that seeks power. It does not reflect the people. If the majority of the population is poor and Christian which is the case, then they are humbled in poverty and suffering.

Do we see a wicked society? That should be the question. Is it that we want it to be wicked and say that we are righteous? If that is the case then the parable of the Pharisee and Tax collector applies.

Instead we should be looking for the good in people.

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have just re read the preceding chapters to the OP verse….Solomon prayed prior to this verse being spoken by the Lord. He gave a list of ‘ When’s …..and asked God to respond in certain ways.
Here God is responding and saying ‘ I will do what you have asked of me ‘
In other words this is a promise from God , not a command.
I have often looked at this verse out of context and presumed it to be a command.
Rita

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Who here would like to see the land be healed . Then hear ye this and let us hear it well .
We must persuade many within the protestant realm to flee the all inclusive unity lie .
Till the churches repent of that , there will be no reprieve but only worse things coming for the world and for her lands .
We gotta GET the TRUE JESUS back at the center of the churches and abandon the false hope of the all inclusive .
Cling to Christ and love all HE did teach and say and know and understand that only Faith in Christ can save a soul .
yea , preach that good ol orginal life saving gospel once again . FOR JESUS alone is the only hope one has
and we need us a massive repentance away from a false gospel and back to the true gospel
@amigo de christo
In Denmark conservative Christians are against gay marriage, but they support that divorced people can get re-married.
That’s practical since almost half of all marriages end up in divorce.
For a priest to condone that a divorced person gets married anew is just as bad as a priest condoning gay marriage.
It’s either right or sin, we can’t say that we’ll compromise when it comes to divorced people, just because they are so many. Divorced people should be treated like the church treats the homosexuals.
Divorced people usually have a hard time with love and forgiveness (Matt 19:8).

I would never tell anyone that gay sex isn’t sinful, but I don’t speak much about gay sex, since it’s not our biggest sin or issue. The church is corrupt, our culture is corrupt and our eyes selectively decides which sins to focus on and which to ignore. Growing up in the church I’ve realized why almost all the Christians from my generation lost faith, they were mislead by their parents selective version of Christianity.
When we hear “it’s harder for a rich man to enter heaven than for a camel…” we think, hmmm so it is still possible to be rich and go to heaven? - I’ll try!
We are warned not to get rich, why?
Wealth is a sign that you don’t have love enough to give your wealth away. I don’t think anyone will enter heaven without loving their neighbor. If you care more about your own money, you don’t love your neighbor.

Reactions: amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We need to keep in mind that this was not written to the United States of America but to the kingdom of Israel under Solomon. "My people" were the Israelites and their wicked ways and idolatry are recorded in Scripture. It would appear that this promise was never fulfilled for Israel and instead the ten tribes went into Assyrian captivity and the kingdom of Judah went into Babylonian captivity followed by other captivities. However, there can be a general application for Christians in any country to pray for the healing of their country by firstly turning away from all false doctrines and practices within Christendom.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We need to keep in mind that this was not written to the United States of America but to the kingdom of Israel under Solomon. "My people" were the Israelites and their wicked ways and idolatry are recorded in Scripture. It would appear that this promise was never fulfilled for Israel and instead the ten tribes went into Assyrian captivity and the kingdom of Judah went into Babylonian captivity followed by other captivities. However, there can be a general application for Christians in any country to pray for the healing of their country by firstly turning away from all false doctrines and practices within Christendom.
Surely they went into captivity because they didn’t humble themselves ,there was a condition to the healing.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s either right or sin, we can’t say that we’ll compromise when it comes to divorced people, just because they are so many. Divorced people should be treated like the church treats the homosexuals.
Divorced people usually have a hard time with love and forgiveness (Matt 19:8).
Perhaps the church should treat ALL sin the same, and not single out a few and make them bigger than others, how many people are challenged about their hypocrisy, pride, gluttony, greed, gossip , ect ect. Those things often go unchecked and unaccountable.
We ALL sin …………surely that is why we ALL need to humble ourselves.
Rita

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The people that aren't Christians can be wicked and many are. The leaders of the countries often are selfish and arrogant. But that is a flaw with seeking power and the type of person that seeks power. It does not reflect the people. If the majority of the population is poor and Christian which is the case, then they are humbled in poverty and suffering.

Do we see a wicked society? That should be the question. Is it that we want it to be wicked and say that we are righteous? If that is the case then the parable of the Pharisee and Tax collector applies.

Instead we should be looking for the good in people.

I agree, we should be looking for the good that is in people. We should be leading all of the people we personally rub shoulders with on a daily basis to Christ and join them in humility by being humble and confess our personal sins to God so that God will hear our cries and prayers and heal the land in which we live. Now in God's response to Solomon, His promise was that if the Israelites humbled themselves and turned away from their sins that He would their repentance and heal their land. Nowhere does God say that the foreigners in the land had to humble themselves and repent of their sins.

If we say we have no sins, then Christ is not in us and we lie to ourselves.

Shalom

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Perhaps the church should treat ALL sin the same, and not single out a few and make them bigger than others, how many people are challenged about their hypocrisy, pride, gluttony, greed, gossip , ect ect. Those things often go unchecked and unaccountable.
We ALL sin …………surely that is why we ALL need to humble ourselves.
Rita
I agree @Rita we should be nice to each other: divorced, gay or communist.
We also shouldn’t measure the weight of sins, you are right too.
I do however disagree that we all sin. How can one break the law if the law doesn’t apply to him? If you are born again, you can’t sin, you can still make stupid mistakes or even hurt people, but it doesn’t count as sin.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

From what you have written above, and I have quoted, it seems to me that the "saints of the Church" needs to humble themselves and repent of their sins.

As for your gracious understanding of God's purposes for the Israelites, the iniquities of the fathers would put a barrier between God and the Israelites for four ages, i.e. a little longer than 4,000 years from the time of Isaac's birth until the full period of this separation of Israel from God has run its course to completion.

Within the next 22 or so years when the end of the four age of the visitation of the iniquities of Israelites is completed, God does require the Israelites of the conclusion of the visitation time to humble themselves and repent of their fathers iniquities of continual idolatrous worship as well as their own iniquities of continual idolatrous worship during the third and fourth age of their existence from the time of the birth of Isaac.

In our near future, the kings of the earth will gather at Armageddon and God will judge them for the tribulation that they heaped upon Israelite peoples scattered around the earth in all of the nations.

The Christian Church needs to stop its continual idolatrous worship just as much as the Israelites need to. To say that our sins are covered by the Blood of Christ on the Cross is to make a mockery of Christ's sacrifice for all the people of the earth. We lead ourselves astray if we think that we have no sins that need repentance of. The Church as well as the political systems in many countries have played at being God thinking that they can "fix" the problems the people of the earth face by tweaking here a little, there a little and the control balances of the earth will be "FIXED."

That is turning away from God. That is acting God like. That is what I call idolatrous worship where we have replace God in our lives and begun to act God like.

My sins are great in the eyes of the Lord as I try to control my life so that I will have eternal life, after the final judgement, but the truth of the matter is, as Christ taught, that those who try to save their own lives will become the candidates who will be dispatched into the Lake of Fire, which is the Second Death, at the time of the Final Judgement.

Am I righteous? I am sure that I do not measure up as I think I might do. I fall short of His requirements of being His disciple.

Are you, righteous? From what you have written, I do not believe that your theological constructs comes anywhere near what God requires of us.

My heart cries out to God for His help. I see God's Hand working to draw me into His loving embrace. I have to let God Hold my hand instead of me trying to hold onto God's hand. That requires great faith on my part that the God that I worship is sufficient to provide for all of my needs, in this life and in the Next.

Shalom

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods

View attachment 20555

"humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways....then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

From 2 Chron 7:14 God FIRST requires obedience from men "THEN" God hears, forgives and heals. Seems many desire forgiveness from God without having to FIRST obey God...men seeks forgiveness on their own terms, not on God's terms.