Is what i did occultic? if it was, please pray for my will to live

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried fighting the enemy by my own power, and i just mean my mental endurance and willpower. That's not the main thing though. I used my willpower to reinvigorate my drive to fight back against such tormentors. is this occultic? if i actully did something deeply occultic, i don't think i would have any will to live left, and i might just end up taking myself to Heaven(or most likely Hell).

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t think it is occultism. We all endeavour to fight our battles with our own will power , it’s part of our human way of doing things. Occultist would be relying on something evil that is separate to you.
Relying on another spiritual force that is not of God …..that doesn’t sound in line with what you have shared.
Often as not when we don’t gain victory we presume that God is not working or helping, so we tend to get impatient and try and sort it out ourselves. It’s about working with God , in many respects it’s about realising that by ourselves we cannot sort things out ,that’s the point.
You have already admitted that you have done this and already realised it’s not that simple to achieve. The Lord knows YOU , your battles, your weaknesses , your desire to sort this…….your life is valuable to HIM.
I don’t know the answers, but know for a fact that God does xxxxx
Will be praying for you. Xxxx

dominic

Jan 11, 2022
Okinawa, Japan
www.pureheart.page
Faith
Christian
Country
Japan
I tried fighting the enemy by my own power, and i just mean my mental endurance and willpower. That's not the main thing though. I used my willpower to reinvigorate my drive to fight back against such tormentors. is this occultic? if i actully did something deeply occultic, i don't think i would have any will to live left, and i might just end up taking myself to Heaven(or most likely Hell).

Just pray for the Holy Spirit to show you and reveal what the will of God is, and the grace to follow Jesus. God will help you where man is not really able to. We can pray for you and we all have some weakness and temptations too.

Dear God, please help this man to know what is of You and what is not of You. Please give them good will again to please You and please give them wisdom too. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Also, if you are daily in the Word and praying, God will make this clear to you too. Please do not neglect the daily spiritual food, the Word of God, which brings life, convicts our soul and also comforts us when we need it (all the day we need it. :) )

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see anything occultic in what you described. Are you praying constantly, as Paul advised (1 Thessalonians 5:17)?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember to call on God for this. I don't think what you did is occult, but we must rely on God and call upon him to deliver us from Satan.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Ephesians 6:10-11 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." So the armor is: the Shield (faith), the Helmet (salvation) and the Sword (word).
  • 2 Thessalonians 3:3 "But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one."
  • 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 "The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
  • 1 Peter 5:8-9 "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings." Say Jesus name, pray for you enemies and the Devil flees.
  • James 4:7 "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
  • Romans 8:37-39 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
  • Colossians 1:13-14 "For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."