Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without a doubt the most important question you will ever be asked in your Christian Life...

Is your faith in the Bible or is it in God?

If you have to use the Bible to validate your faith, then your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you Believe that the Bible supports a Triune God, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you believe Jesus was God Himself, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you believe that God will not talk to you, then your faith is in the Bible and not God.

When you post comments and quote them, please post the entire post and not just bits and pieces.
I know hardly any of you will do that because cherry picking is your way of hiding from the truth...
How long have you been serving Satan?

"16 However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ."
Romans 10:16-17

So, unless Christ has been speaking to you directly, there is no such thing as genuine saving faith without scripture.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
goodness gracious me, we are so tight fisted, unimaginative and ungracious!
Thanks for your opinion, but I believe scripture, the entire book, not just what appeals to my limited capacity for understanding.

"And when the Lord smelled the pleasing aroma, the Lord said in his heart, “I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth. Neither will I ever again strike down every living creature as I have done." Genesis 8:21

Imagination makes for good fiction, not truth.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How long have you been serving Satan?

"16 However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ."
Romans 10:16-17

So, unless Christ has been speaking to you directly, there is no such thing as genuine saving faith without scripture
Jesus speaks to me regularly... Interesting you would say that, about "being a servant of Satan"... to be in the service of someone who lies would be in the service of Satan....

So, what you are telling me is that God Lied when he said "For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me."???

I mean John 1:1,14 make Jesus God himself, this is the belief of the "Trinitarians"....

If the will of Jesus were the will of God then Jesus lied when he said that he did not come down from heaven to do his own will... His will would be the exact same as the will of God yet he said he did not come down to do his own will because it infers that his will was different than that of God...

The Word of Christ came directly from God through Jesus and passed along to us....

SO back to the "serving Satan" joke...

Anyone who believes and teaches a lie, is a servant of Satan... John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

So without removing Jesus from being God or God from being Jesus, Whose will did God Himself come down from heaven to do, if not his own?
Okay I won't give you the scripture but Jesus himself taught from the very same scrolls that are in the Bible....any questions?
And why will you not give the Scripture???

Reactions: Jim B

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus speaks to me regularly... Interesting you would say that, about "being a servant of Satan"... to be in the service of someone who lies would be in the service of Satan....

So, what you are telling me is that God Lied when he said "For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me."???

I mean John 1:1,14 make Jesus God himself, this is the belief of the "Trinitarians"....

If the will of Jesus were the will of God then Jesus lied when he said that he did not come down from heaven to do his own will... His will would be the exact same as the will of God yet he said he did not come down to do his own will because it infers that his will was different than that of God...

The Word of Christ came directly from God through Jesus and passed along to us....

SO back to the "serving Satan" joke...

Anyone who believes and teaches a lie, is a servant of Satan... John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

So without removing Jesus from being God or God from being Jesus, Whose will did God Himself come down from heaven to do, if not his own?

And why will you not give the Scripture???
Because you already know this. Luke 4:17-20 is a good example.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without a doubt the most important question you will ever be asked in your Christian Life...

Is your faith in the Bible or is it in God?

If you have to use the Bible to validate your faith, then your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you Believe that the Bible supports a Triune God, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you believe Jesus was God Himself, your faith is in the Bible and not in God.
If you believe that God will not talk to you, then your faith is in the Bible and not God.

When you post comments and quote them, please post the entire post and not just bits and pieces.
I know hardly any of you will do that because cherry picking is your way of hiding from the truth...
Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).
For us: This is in reference to God’s Word (the Bible). If you reject the Bible as a part of the faith…. then you are rejecting the true faith and thus the one true God. You cannot have faith without the Bible. The Bible is the faith. The Bible tells us to have faith in Him. So everything in your Bible leads you to have a right relationship with God. The Bible is the mind and thoughts of God in what He desires us to do by faith. To not see this means one needs to be born again by water (i.e. the Word of God).

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..When you post comments and quote them, please post the entire post and not just bits and pieces.

On the other hand, a lot of people including me rarely read or write long posts, because we prefer short sharp straight-to-the-point posts and replies..:)
"The more the words,the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" (Ecc 6:11)

Reactions: Nancy and Wrangler

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who but satan and demons want to plant seeds of doubt about the eternal living Word of God??
John 1-1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.==== Believe the eternal living word of God!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.