Is your SPIRIT ALIVE or is your SPIRIT DEAD?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

wordsponge

Jan 8, 2014
Canada
[SIZE=10pt]Is your SPIRIT ALIVE or is your SPIRIT DEAD?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Is your Spirit ALIVE or is your Spirit DEAD. BIBLE TEACHERS are responsible.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Firstly recall that a human is made of TWO primary parts, a BODY and a SPIRIT,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]together called a SOUL.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Also remember that most words have a literal and a spiritual application = TWO meanings.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]*[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]This subject, of Spirit Alive or Spirit Dead is not easy to understand until:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]1) after Baptism,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]2) being anointed by Christ and[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]3) Christ uses the Spirit of GOD that is now living in you,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]to make your Spirit become alive or become born. (See Rom.8:10)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The Spiritual man experiences [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]life[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], after baptism,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]before Jesus enlightens him about it.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]It is all new and unexpected.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]His faith and his obedience to the Apostles,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]cause him to GO to Jesus and to be baptized calling on Jesus.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]In the case of an Israelite who was taught, like Timothy was,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]he was aware of the Scriptures and of Christ and he was waiting for the precious Christ.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The Apostles taught the Gentiles.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]*[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]After Baptism.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Rom.8[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][10] If Christ (the Spiritual one from above), is in you,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]then your [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]body[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] is dead (lifeless), because of your sin but [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]your Spirit is life/ alive[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]because of righteousness, (goodness from GOD and Christ = the Mighty God of Israel) .[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Jesus, explained to Nicodemus.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]John.3[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][3] Jesus answered and said to him:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] Verily, verily, I sais be born again (a second time),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]he cannot see (realize) the (invisible) Kingdom of GOD.
[4
] Nicodemus asked him:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]How can a man be born when he is old?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Can he enter into his mother's womb and become born the second time?
[5
] Jesus answered:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Verily, verily, I (the God of Israel), say to you:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Except a man is born of/from water (baptism)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and from the Spirit, (of GOD by Jesus. See Rom.8:10)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]he cannot enter into the Kingdom of GOD.
[6
] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]The natural person who is born of/ from the flesh[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]is flesh (only)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The person who is born of/ from the Spirit (of GOD),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]is spirit(ual). (his spirit is alive)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][7] Do not marvel that I (the God of all flesh) said to you:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]You must be born again, (born a second time).
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]When your spirit is alive, it is said that you [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]live[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] or you [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]have life[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], from Christ.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]It constitutes a very energetic and happy feeling. See Isa. 40:31[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Isa.40[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][31] The Israelites who wait upon the LORD (Jesus to come),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]shall renew their strength (in life).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]They shall mount up with wings like eagles.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]They shall run and not be weary and they shall walk and not faint.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2 Cor.4[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][11] We (Apostles) who [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]live[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], (whose spirit is alive),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]so that the life of Jesus, might also be made manifest (visible),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]in our mortal flesh.
[12
] So then, death works in us (Apostles),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]but life[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], (from your living spirit works) in you (baptized converts)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]John.4[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][13] Jesus answered and said to her,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Whoever drinks of this (natural/ literal) water, shall become thirsty again.
[14
] Whoever drinks of the water (the Holy Spirit), that I shall give him,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt](starting at Pentecost), shall never thirst.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The water (the Spirit of GOD), that I (the God of Israel),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]shall give to him, (starting at Pentecost circa 30 A.D.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]shall become a well of water springing up in him,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]into everlasting life[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]. (life of his Spirit)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2Cor, 3[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][6] GOD (through Christ),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]has also made us (Apostles)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]the fully equipped servants, (to serve men), of the New Testament[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]We are not servers of the letter[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]but we are servers (to men) of the Spirit (of GOD)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The letter kills[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]but the (eternal) Spirit (of GOD)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]gives life[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] (to our Spirit, through the work of Christ; Rom.8:10)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]John.6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][63] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]It is the/ your spirit (in you) that quickens you[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Your flesh/ body does not profit anything (until it becomes the Temple of GOD)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The Words that I (the God of the flesh),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]speak/ teach to you,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]are Spirit (from the GOD who is Spirit), [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]and they are life (alive[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]John.7[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][37] In the last day, that Great Day of the Feast (of Tabernacles),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Jesus stood up[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and he publicly shouted to the nation of Israelites (who are required to come to the Feast),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]If any man thirsts (for the Spirit)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]then let him come to me, (the Arm of GOD who anoints),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and drink (of the Spirit).
[38
] He who believes on me (the Christ = the Son of GOD = the Mighty God of Israel),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]like the Scripture (of Isaiah) has promised:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]‘Rivers of living (energizing) water (the Holy Spirit)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]shall flow out of his belly’[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][39] [Jesus said this about the Spirit (of GOD),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]that the Christians who believe on (and obey) him would receive,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt](starting at Pentecost 30 A.D.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The Holy Ghost was not yet given (to men),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]because Jesus (the Arm of GOD),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]was not yet glorified] (to the right hand of GOD, in heaven.)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1Pet.2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][5] You (Christians), also [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]as lively (energetic) stones[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]are built up by Jesus Christ, into a (New) Spiritual people (of GOD),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]a Holy Priesthood, to offer up (New) Spiritual sacrifices,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]that are acceptable to GOD.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Isaiah predicted the energetic people.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Isa.40[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][28] Haven’t you (Israelite) known?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Haven’t you (Israelite) heard?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The Everlasting GOD, the LORD (the Most High ruler, the Father),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]the Creator (through Jesus), of the ends (nations) of the earth,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]does not faint nor is GOD weary? (He did not rest on the 7th Day).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]There is no (final) searching, of his (GOD’s various) understanding.
[29
] GOD gives power, (through his Spirit), to the faint.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]GOD increases strength to those who do not have might.
[30
] Even the (Israelite) youths shall faint and be weary (exhausted).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The young (Israelite) men shall utterly fall.
[31
] But they, (the children of Isaiah and of the other Prophets),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]who wait (ed) upon (for) the LORD (Jesus to come),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]shall renew their strength (through the Spirit that quickens their Spirit)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]They shall mount, up like eagles, with wings.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]They shall run and not be weary and they shall walk and not faint.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1 John.4[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][9] In this (following deed),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]the Most High GOD’s love for us (Apostles and converts), was manifested:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]GOD sent his Only Begotten Son (from the distant heaven), into the world (of Israel),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]so that through him (his goodness and his voluntary death),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]we (Apostles and converts), [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]might live[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], (in our flesh and in our Spirit)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Heb.12[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][9] In addition we (Christians), have had fathers of our flesh (our Body only),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]who corrected us and we gave them reverence (respect):[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]shall we not much rather be in subjection [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]to the Father [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]of (our) spirits and live[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]? (in Body and Spirit)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Rom.8[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][6] For to be carnally minded is death (of Spirit);[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]but to be spiritually concerned is [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]life and peace[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt].(with GOD)
[7
] Because the carnal (natural) mind is enmity against GOD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]for it is not subject to the law of GOD, neither indeed can be.
[8
] So then they who are in the flesh cannot please GOD.
[9[/SIZE]] But you (Christians),
[SIZE=10pt]are not in the flesh but in the/ your Spirit,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]if so be that the Spirit of GOD lives in you.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Now if any man does not have the Spirit of Christ (the Holy Spirit)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]then he is not one of Christ’s.
[10
] and if Christ is in you,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]then your body is dead because of sin;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]but your Spirit is life (alive)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]because of righteousness (goodness from GOD and Christ).
[11
] But if the Spirit of GOD, who raised up Jesus from the dead,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]lives in you (after Baptism),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]then GOD who raised up Christ from the dead,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]shall also quicken (energize) your mortal bodies[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]by his Spirit that lives in you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Baptism is associated with life.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Isa.55[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][1] Ho, come to the waters (of baptism calling on Jesus),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]every one who thirst (for the Spirit).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]He who does not have any money, still come and buy and eat.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Yes, come and buy wine and milk [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]without money and without price[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt].
[2
] Wherefore do you spend money for what is not (spiritual) bread?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and your labor for what does not satisfy?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Hearken >> diligently to me (Jesus),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and eat what is good and let [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]your soul (Body and Spirit),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]delight itself in fatness.
[3
] Incline your ear.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Come to me (Jesus).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Hear (obey), and [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]your soul (Body and Spirit),[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]shall live[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and I will make an everlasting covenant with you,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]even the sure (guaranteed), mercies of David.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Rom.6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][4] Therefore we are buried with Jesus, by baptism, into death[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]so that similarly like Christ was raised, up from the dead, by the glory (Spirit) of the Father,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]precisely similarly, we also could walk in newness [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]of (the New Spiritual), life.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Tit.3[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][4] After the kindness and the love of GOD, our Savior (through Jesus),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]appeared, to us/ man,
[5
] not because of our righteous (humane) deeds, that we have done (for others)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]but according to GOD’s merciful character, he has saved us,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]by washing of/ from regeneration[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and renewing (of our Spirit) of/ by the Holy Ghost[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][6] that GOD shed on us abundantly, through Jesus Christ, our (literal) Savior.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The difference between Jesus, from heaven[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and False Teachers or paid hirelings[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]John.10[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][8] All who ever came before me are (spiritual) thieves and (spiritual) robbers:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]but the sheep did not hear them.
[9
] I am the door (Gate of the Sheep):[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]If any man enters in by me (the Mighty God),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]he shall be saved (Guaranteed),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and he shall go in and out and find pasture.
[10
] The (spiritual) thief does not come but for to (spiritually) steal,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and to (spiritually) kill, and to (spiritually) destroy.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]I have come so that they might have (spiritual) life,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and so that they might have it (Spiritual Life) more abundantly.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][11] I am the good shepherd (sent by GOD)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The good shepherd gives his life for the sheep.
[12
] But the Teacher who is a hireling and not the shepherd,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]to whom the sheep does not belong, sees the wolf coming,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and he leaves the sheep and he flees[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and the wolf catches them and scatters the sheep.
[13
] The hireling flees because he is a hireling (for wages),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and he does not care for the sheep.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The existing Spiritual city.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Rev.22[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][13] I am Alpha and Omega.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]I (am) the beginning and the end.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]I am the first and the last.
[14
] They (the Christians), who obey his commandments (from his Father),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]are blessed so that they may have the right to the Tree of Life,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and that they may enter in, through the gates, into the (spiritual) City (of Jerusalem)
[15
] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Outside of the (invisible) City are[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]dogs,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and sorcerers, and whoremongers,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and (spiritual) murderers,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and idolaters,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and whoever loves and makes a lie (for the Doctrine from GOD)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Gentiles are mostly ignorant about this LIFE…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Eph.4[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][17] This I say therefore,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and I testify (under oath), in the LORD (Jesus),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]that you (baptized Gentile converts) henceforth,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]do not walk like other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (useless thoughts) of their mind,
[18
] Having their understanding darkened,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]being alienated from the (NEW) LIFE FROM GOD,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]through their ignorance (about the things of GOD), that is in them,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]because of the blindness of their heart:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]We >> the Apostles >> Jesus and baptism calling on him, the Gift >> GOD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and manifold grace, happiness,,,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Grace to all…[/SIZE]

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Angelina said:
1 Thessalonians 5:23
Exactly.
We are a soul (phsyche). We live in a body. But if this body, (figuratively called a "tent" by Paul in 2Cor.5:1) is killed or dies, we (the soul) have another body, one that is eternal in the heavens. This 'other body' is required to connect us with the spiritual realm, just as our present one connects us with the physical realm. So then, there is a physical body and a spiritual body. Each one has a purpose, which is to connect us, we, me (the soul) with its envoirnment. This adds up to three: body, soul, and spirit. Our spirit is therefore a spirtual body.
The new man, which is created according to God in true righteousness and holiness (Eph,4:24) , is the fulfillment of the promise of a new spirit. Our spirit is the spiritual equivalent to the physical body. The physical body comes from the seed of Adam is corrupt and contains the sin of Adam, thus it is called a body of sin and a body of death. It cannot inherit the kingdom of God. Our other body (received in the new birth) contains the nature of Christ, being of His seed. That which is born "of" the Spirit "is" spirit.

There is another body in our experience that will be given in the resurrection. This one will contain properties of both physical and spiritual, in man's termonology, a hybrid. This is due to the fact that in the new heavens and earth, there will be no more division between pysical and spiritual, but will be restored to the original, before they were seperated as a result of the fall of man. Thus, we will ultimately in the end be a soul, living in a body, and indwelt by the Holy Spirit....still adding up to three. Three is the perfect number of relationship. God is One, but also triune. The OP is errant in its claim that the body and spirit combined is our soul. However, the general theme of the op is no offense to the gospel, in my opinion.

FYI, in Rom.8:10, 11, Paul gives two scenarios in these two verses. In the first one, the body is dead and in the second one, it is quickened, or given life. In verse 10, he mentions the spirit of Christ (Christ in you), and in the second one, he mentions the Holy Spirit. These are not the same. (Stay with me for a second). If they were, then the two scenarios concerning the body would not be possible.

The term "Christ in you" is commonly considered to be "Jesus in you". I think that this is incorrect, by the fact that the two verses would then be speaking of the exact same situation. Paul would be repeating himself but at the same time contradicting himself. In the one situation the body is dead, and in the other, made alive (quickened).
It makes more sense if "Christ in you" means the new man, our new spirit, which is from His seed. It is the spirit "of" Christ. The word "of" can be used to mean "from out of" ...hence..."that which is born of the Spirit, is spirit. Spirit comes from spirit. Flesh comes from flesh. Our body is "of" Adam. Our new spirit is "of" Christ, being "of" His seed.

Therefore if 'Christ' is in you (the new man), then you have a spirit that is alive, but your body is as good as dead (vs.10). However, verse 11 starts with "but" , indicating new information. The Spirit mentioned in vs. 11, gives life to the mortal body ( a different situation than the previous). This validates the doctrine that the new birth and the indwelling presence of God through His Holy Spirit, are two seperate realities.

wordsponge

Jan 8, 2014
Canada
williemac said:
Exactly.
We are a soul (phsyche). We live in a body. But if this body, (figuratively called a "tent" by Paul in 2Cor.5:1) is killed or dies, we (the soul) have another body, one that is eternal in the heavens. This 'other body' is required to connect us with the spiritual realm, just as our present one connects us with the physical realm. So then, there is a physical body and a spiritual body. Each one has a purpose, which is to connect us, we, me (the soul) with its envoirnment. This adds up to three: body, soul, and spirit. Our spirit is therefore a spirtual body.
The new man, which is created according to God in true righteousness and holiness (Eph,4:24) , is the fulfillment of the promise of a new spirit. Our spirit is the spiritual equivalent to the physical body. The physical body comes from the seed of Adam is corrupt and contains the sin of Adam, thus it is called a body of sin and a body of death. It cannot inherit the kingdom of God. Our other body (received in the new birth) contains the nature of Christ, being of His seed. That which is born "of" the Spirit "is" spirit.

There is another body in our experience that will be given in the resurrection. This one will contain properties of both physical and spiritual, in man's termonology, a hybrid. This is due to the fact that in the new heavens and earth, there will be no more division between pysical and spiritual, but will be restored to the original, before they were seperated as a result of the fall of man. Thus, we will ultimately in the end be a soul, living in a body, and indwelt by the Holy Spirit....still adding up to three. Three is the perfect number of relationship. God is One, but also triune. The OP is errant in its claim that the body and spirit combined is our soul. However, the general theme of the op is no offense to the gospel, in my opinion.

FYI, in Rom.8:10, 11, Paul gives two scenarios in these two verses. In the first one, the body is dead and in the second one, it is quickened, or given life. In verse 10, he mentions the spirit of Christ (Christ in you), and in the second one, he mentions the Holy Spirit. These are not the same. (Stay with me for a second). If they were, then the two scenarios concerning the body would not be possible.

The term "Christ in you" is commonly considered to be "Jesus in you". I think that this is incorrect, by the fact that the two verses would then be speaking of the exact same situation. Paul would be repeating himself but at the same time contradicting himself. In the one situation the body is dead, and in the other, made alive (quickened).
It makes more sense if "Christ in you" means the new man, our new spirit, which is from His seed. It is the spirit "of" Christ. The word "of" can be used to mean "from out of" ...hence..."that which is born of the Spirit, is spirit. Spirit comes from spirit. Flesh comes from flesh. Our body is "of" Adam. Our new spirit is "of" Christ, being "of" His seed.

Therefore if 'Christ' is in you (the new man), then you have a spirit that is alive, but your body is as good as dead (vs.10). However, verse 11 starts with "but" , indicating new information. The Spirit mentioned in vs. 11, gives life to the mortal body ( a different situation than the previous). This validates the doctrine that the new birth and the indwelling presence of God through His Holy Spirit, are two seperate realities.
My friend,

Thanks for your reply.
We overlap and then we separate.
The Spirit is the same.
TWO parts NOT three.

This is an experience that a person has after CORRECT baptism
and not just reading and comprehension...

Everyone loves the ongoing experience...

Take care.. :)

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
wordsponge said:
My friend,

Thanks for your reply.
We overlap and then we separate.
The Spirit is the same.
TWO parts NOT three.

This is an experience that a person has after CORRECT baptism
and not just reading and comprehension...

Everyone loves the ongoing experience...

Take care.. :)
We can agree to disagree, but I have much experience in scripture study as my guide on this subjcect. For starters, 1Thess.5:23 is not vague, complicated, or hard to grasp. It mentions three, not two.

I am sure that I have correctly understood who and what we are. I am always open to the perspective of others and appreciate their input. But so far, I have not heard any better explanation than the one I shared.

The experience you speak of is not a mystery, nor is it rare. I would be careful not to imagine that one is in some kind of 'exclusive' club who have been reborn and filled with the Holy Spirit. I personally have been a tongue speaking believer for over 30 years and have encountered groups from time to time who invalidate my experience and that of others, just because I/we dd not come into it the way that they think it should happen. Blessings.

wordsponge

Jan 8, 2014
Canada
williemac said:
We can agree to disagree, but I have much experience in scripture study as my guide on this subjcect. For starters, 1Thess.5:23 is not vague, complicated, or hard to grasp. It mentions three, not two.

I am sure that I have correctly understood who and what we are. I am always open to the perspective of others and appreciate their input. But so far, I have not heard any better explanation than the one I shared.

The experience you speak of is not a mystery, nor is it rare. I would be careful not to imagine that one is in some kind of 'exclusive' club who have been reborn and filled with the Holy Spirit. I personally have been a tongue speaking believer for over 30 years and have encountered groups from time to time who invalidate my experience and that of others, just because I/we dd not come into it the way that they think it should happen. Blessings.

It is an expericnce BUT only the OBEDIENT gets in.
Check with Jesus about the ONE Verse,,,

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Exactly.
Amen...and wordsponge, I do not appreciate you calling me an enemy. I remind you that this is a discussion forum. Please read the forum rules if you have not already.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
wordsponge said:
It is an expericnce BUT only the OBEDIENT gets in.
Check with Jesus about the ONE Verse,,,
This is covered in other threads. But He who has the Son has life.

So then, what do we obey in order to get the life of God into us in the first place? In regards to the original question.... Are you asking if our spirit is alive now, or are you asking if it will stay alive?

wordsponge

Jan 8, 2014
Canada
williemac said:
This is covered in other threads. But He who has the Son has life.

So then, what do we obey in order to get the life of God into us in the first place? In regards to the original question.... Are you asking if our spirit is alive now, or are you asking if it will stay alive?
We must get baptized correctly..THEN you Jesus and the Father and the Spirit gets into gear.

My best wishes for you.

[edited by the mod]

I am interested in an interested child of the Highest...

I write for the children...
I am not alone...

Keep well... :)

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
wordsponge said:
We must get baptized correctly..THEN you Jesus and the Father and the Spirit gets into gear.

My best wishes for you.

[edited by the mod]

I am not alone...

williemac said:
Yeh, yeh. I encountered a group years ago that used this same argument. They claimed that it must be in Jesus name only, or else it is not going to count. And then they claimed that one must speak in tongues as evidence of this correct baptism. Furthermore, they suggested that their "denomination" was the only one using the correct (what I call) "formula".

So it was no surprise that they invalidated the fact that I had the gift of tongues. And furthermore, my dearly departed wife was also endowed with tongues, whom they said wasn't saved because she was a smoker. (she since was delivered of the habit)

But in her case, she had first spoke in tongues after being awakened in the night and was speaking them without even knowing what it was. That was the same night of her conversion, where she had knelt down and confessed all her sin. She was very uninformed at the time and assumed God was going to kill her. All she understood at the time was that this had something to do with Jesus. Instead of what she expected, she felt her back open up, a ton of garbage just lift out and away, then the room was filled with light and she felt a warm breeze over her and a great sense of love and peace. That night she awoke to see two men in robes in her bedroom doorway. She just figured this was normal and went back to sleep. The tongues happened later. Then the next day at work, her co workers barely recognized her by her changed countenance.

She was baptized at a later date. And even later than that, learned about biblical account of tongues.

So in regards to this so called "correct baptism", God will save anyone who calls upon Him in humility and repentance.
We are baptized into Christ at the new birth. Water baptism is a public demonstration of what God has done in us spiritually. It is a symbol that was used by the Jews of that day to signify the repentance from the old covenent into the new. It is symbolic of the waters that were parted by Moses and buried their enemies in the exodus from slavery into the promised land. They understood what it meant back then. The same cannot be said that readily today. It is supposed to be a sign that one accepts the promise of God. This acceptance is a matter of the heart, not a matter of an outward technicality. The legal system uses technicalities. In fact, lawyers usually use them to get people off of a charge. In religion, technicalities are often used by legalists for the opposite purpose; usually to hold people in guilt or to disqualify them. God is not limited by the kinds of things that we are. He knows what is going on. His purpose is to free us from guilt.

wordsponge

Jan 8, 2014
Canada
Angelina said:
Amen...and wordsponge, I do not appreciate you calling me an enemy. I remind you that this is a discussion forum. Please read the forum rules if you have not already.
I do not recall calling anyone an enemy.
The Bible defines an enemy...
If your intention is to bann me, them as you wish...

As a mod you have latitude that others do not have...

However, a Christaian has consistent principles...

Jesus is our judge...

Keep well,

wordsponge said:

My best wishes for you.

[edited by the mod]

I am not alone...

The best to you,

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I do not recall calling anyone an enemy.
The Bible defines an enemy...

If your intention is to bann me, them as you wish...

As a mod you have latitude that others do not have...
Jesus is our judge...
One only needs to look at your post #3 and it is clear what you were meaning...
If I were going to ban you I would have been banned by now but it seems that you have difficulty in understanding what I have been trying to express to you. This is a "Discussion Forum" not a place to dump reams of information that leaves little room for discussion. Your two-sided conversation with yourself is better utilized as a blog rather than on the CyB forums....

Oh I think I am pretty consistent, especially when it comes to my responsibility as supermod for this forum...Please read the forum rules as I have already suggested or you may incur warning points...

Blessings!!!