Is your tattoo faith based?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is your tattoo faith based in its design?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I have a tattoo(s), but it/they are not faith based

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have no tattoo

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No, but I would consider receiving a faith based tattoo design

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, but I'm surrently not sure what to think, whether I would get one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Dave L

Did you see any such tattoos? :)

If's often Bible references or verses, or crosses, Christian fish signs, <><, etc. that are used in tattooing Christians.
Not yet but it seems any would make good conversation. Kind of like a walking Chick tract........:)

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not yet but it seems any would make good conversation. Kind of like a walking Chick tract........:)
My wife and I talked to a young lady who had the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure that other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to become tattooed in this way.

Interesting comparison: so do you use Chick tracts?

D

Dave L

My wife and I talked to a young lady who had the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure that other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to become tattooed in this way.

Interesting comparison: so do you use Chick tracts?
I don't use Chick Tracts but I think they help as a conversation starter.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't use Chick Tracts but I think they help as a conversation starter.
When I see a young Christian with a burning desire to testify, I have a very hard time in seeing why ppl would get really negative about faith based tattoos, such as Bible quotes, etc. It's rather like young people being keen to distribute Gospel tracts.

The fact that it's become rather mainstream now with even churchgoing, homeschooling moms getting tattooed would in some ways give faith based tattoo designs a lot of potential, in a sense.

Reactions: Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... I think they help as a conversation starter.
PS:

@Dave L : Did you see this quote?

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Clearly now a lot of witness potential has opened up, anyway.

Reactions: Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What do ppl think is the most effective placement for a faith based tattoo to work as a conversation-starter in witness?

(I can even see this question being the possible basis for a new thread, once this thread's poll expires.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Pretty much the same Down Under and the tattoos have lots of bright colours.
Yes, and parlors these days are often more like salons than the dingy industrial section stores that bikers and military ppl would go to, generations back.

I saw a quote from the Bible Belt in the US which shows just how widespread it is now among church women.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@OzSpan : PS: This is the quote referred to also earlier in the thread:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Whatever one thinks of the practice, it certainly has opened up the potential for faith based witness in ink, given the sheer prevalence of the practice.