Is your tattoo faith based?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is your tattoo faith based in its design?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I have a tattoo(s), but it/they are not faith based

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have no tattoo

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No, but I would consider receiving a faith based tattoo design

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, but I'm surrently not sure what to think, whether I would get one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My sister wanted to get a nice, small Christian tattoo, but her husband wasn't keen on the idea. I didn't mind so much, though!
PS:

Naomi25:

Maybe if you had been willing to go with her when she might have done it, she might have plucked up the courage!

Yes, seems that today so many ppl get nice Christian tattoos! I expect there are good parlors there in Australia, right?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @farouk,

My one daughter had a tattoo upon her back, and sought desperately later to have it removed, but without success. Choices made when young, don't look so good when you are older and wiser, when the skin looses it's elasticity, becoming thin and wrinkled. It is not so easy to grow old gracefully, when tattoos are emblazoned upon the body.

I thought there was a verse in the old testament which mentions marking the body in this way, but I can't find it.

Chris

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello @farouk,

My one daughter had a tattoo upon her back, and sought desperately later to have it removed, but without success. Choices made when young, don't look so good when you are older and wiser, when the skin looses it's elasticity, becoming thin and wrinkled. It is not so easy to grow old gracefully, when tattoos are emblazoned upon the body.

I thought there was a verse in the old testament which mentions marking the body in this way, but I can't find it.

Chris
Sometimes a good tattoo artist can make a better tattoo out of a regretted one. This is the experience of a lot of ppl; and sometimes Christians get help to have something from the past refer instead to some blessing for now and for the future; e.g., a not untypical experience for a Christian woman today might be if she has a tattoo of a ex-bf, (for example, 'BILL'), a good tattoo artist can sometimes tastefully change it to say (for example, 'BIBLE' instead.

If your daughter really still regrets her tattoo design, it might be worthwhile for her to check out the possibilities with a good tattoo artist, if she visits a recommended parlor, without obligation, of course.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Beautiful-Bible-Verse-Tattoos-On-Back-43.png
ongsono dot com

mens-bible-verse-tattoos-on-ribs-proverbs-3-5-6-trust-in-the-lord-with-all-your-heart.jpg
nextluxury dot com

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It was a lesson I needed to learn. ...
PS: Acolyte:

Did you ever think about having the regretted design turned into something tasteful instead? a good tattoo artist can often find a way of doing it. As was being discussed, above, it's what ppl often do; you're not in an unusual situation, really; for example, a woman with the tattoo of an ex-bf's name 'Bill' could with the expertise of a good tattoo artist have it changed instead to read 'Bible', for example. Lots of examples could be cited.

Depends how badly you regret it, really.

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, i haven't responded.. its not distasteful. It's just a frog.
I had an upsetting moment at the DMV and have been trying to find some info here in the forums. 1 mention in 2007 or 8. So I'm off to find it. I've been to the website but I need more info. It's so off topic I won't mention it here. I just wanted you to know I am paying attention and will get back to this.
Have a blessed evening.

Reactions: farouk

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
PS:

Naomi25:

Maybe if you had been willing to go with her when she might have done it, she might have plucked up the courage!

Yes, seems that today so many ppl get nice Christian tattoos! I expect there are good parlors there in Australia, right?

Well, she lives about 14 hours away, so that wasn't really an option. Plus, it wasn't really up to me encouraging her or not, it just came down to a discussion between her and her husband. He didn't forbid it or anything, he's not that sort, but I gather he just wasn't keen on the idea and she chose to respect that...which in turn I respected!

Reactions: Nancy and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, she lives about 14 hours away, so that wasn't really an option. Plus, it wasn't really up to me encouraging her or not, it just came down to a discussion between her and her husband. He didn't forbid it or anything, he's not that sort, but I gather he just wasn't keen on the idea and she chose to respect that...which in turn I respected!
Oh so she wasn't looking for the courage, then!

Sometimes this is indeed the case. Seems then like you would have been just pleased for her, if she had already decided to do it. I guess this is entirely the route you'll take with your daughter also, when - and only when - she decides.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sorry, i haven't responded.. its not distasteful. It's just a frog.
I had an upsetting moment at the DMV and have been trying to find some info here in the forums. 1 mention in 2007 or 8. So I'm off to find it. I've been to the website but I need more info. It's so off topic I won't mention it here. I just wanted you to know I am paying attention and will get back to this.
Have a blessed evening.
Hope you manage to get things sorted, whatever they are. Blessings to you also.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Acolyte Hoping you are doing okay now. :)

As regards possible alternative designs there are a lot of possibilities out there and a skillful tattoo artist can sometimes work wonders into the skin; but, then, if in the end you're fairly satisfied anyway with what you've got, then maybe the need for a trip to the parlor again isn't as pressing for you.

Blessings.

Reactions: Acolyte

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Acolyte: PS, was your earlier comment, above, about tattoos related to something to do with the government? (I'm in Canada, so wasn't sure.)

I guess I view tattoos separately from the government.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
PS: Well, don't be surprised if your daughter — presumably much nearer home than your sister — starts mentioning ink from time to time.

She may, that is true. She's going to have to get over her fear of pointy things first, though! :p

Reactions: farouk