Is your tattoo faith based?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is your tattoo faith based in its design?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I have a tattoo(s), but it/they are not faith based

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have no tattoo

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No, but I would consider receiving a faith based tattoo design

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, but I'm surrently not sure what to think, whether I would get one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She may, that is true. She's going to have to get over her fear of pointy things first, though! :p
Maybe, just maybe your daughter might have had a bit more confidence if her aunt had gone ahead and gotten inked..(presumably she knew her aunt at one time wanted to have it done...)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I sort of like this one as a charm on my ankle in the futyte to represent Bobby, Lorena, and me. If we have any other kids, another coil could be added on also. Have birthstone colors. Mine is peridot and theirs is sapphire.

Reactions: farouk

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe even just the colored in coils minus the hearts since I already have a heart. That would be unique.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Maybe even just the colored in coils minus the hearts since I already have a heart. That would be unique.
Seems like you are already quite determined to do it because you as a tattooed woman already have embarked on the first part of the design, right?

Seems like you have already put a great deal of thought into the design, haven't you?

Reactions: Mayflower

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe, just maybe your daughter might have had a bit more confidence if her aunt had gone ahead and gotten inked..(presumably she knew her aunt at one time wanted to have it done...)
Honestly, it's just not that big of a deal, sorry. We don't spend much time thinking about it, or talking about it. If she brings it up, sure, we'll talk about it, but if not, it's not really something that fills me with burning curiosity...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like you are already quite determined to do it because you as a tattooed woman already have embarked on the first part of the design, right?

Seems like you have already put a great deal of thought into the design, haven't you?

I have looked at different ones. I want to be absolutely certain before putting anything on my body and I don't like the thought of letters/numbers. Just symbols I can point to and say, yes, this anklet is like a storyline of my life of what means the most tonme in my life. God, music, family and friends, and my husband and daughter.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have looked at different ones. I want to be absolutely certain before putting anything on my body and I don't like the thought of letters/numbers. Just symbols I can point to and say, yes, this anklet is like a storyline of my life of what means the most tonme in my life. God, music, family and friends, and my husband and daughter.
Yes, when you feel absolutely certain about the exact ink you want, it helps you be absolutely determined as you go through with it, right?

You also talked about the selection of parlors that are not far away - one with a great display in the window also.

When everything gradually falls into place — meaningful symbolic design; color scheme (sometimes simple black can look rugged and effective without color); a parlor you feel really comfortable in — then when all the ducks are in a row, then it becomes more straightforward to say to yourself, Go for it, right?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Honestly, it's just not that big of a deal, sorry. We don't spend much time thinking about it, or talking about it. If she brings it up, sure, we'll talk about it, but if not, it's not really something that fills me with burning curiosity...
Sometimes a matter-of-fact attitude is really good, right?: "Go for it if you want to! / if not, don't!" but move on, tattooed or untattooed... no big deal...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young man who can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college student, balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting his student loans for next semester.

@Willie T:

Yes, pierced and tattooed - like you said a while ago in this quote, above - is certainly what so many students typically do, right?

Because of this background of customs, I do think that faith based tattoos - which are effective conversation-starters among young ppl especially - have a lot of potential.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't know any young people, but I see lots of tats, none of them faith based.

It really seems to have taken off hugely, anyway. I saw this from the Bible Belt:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.

forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

To a huge extent it's what they do now.

Reactions: Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
l.jpg
tattoomenow dot com

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
When I was growing up, the guys with tattoos were the rough, rebellious types.

Yes, it used to be understood to be a rugged manly thing to do, right?

Now homeschooling moms, preachers' daughters, etc. do it for witness tools. It's now also a very womanly thing to do - widely perceived as such, don't you think?