Is your tattoo faith based?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is your tattoo faith based in its design?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I have a tattoo(s), but it/they are not faith based

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have no tattoo

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No, but I would consider receiving a faith based tattoo design

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, but I'm surrently not sure what to think, whether I would get one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think anything can be used for God's glory. Even tattoos.
My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; I reckon that this is why she did it; because it would likely provide good opportunities for God-honoring conversations and testimony.

So does it sound to you like it would be a good idea for some ppl to do?

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Acolyte : So is your spouse tattooed also? (faith based design or otherwise...)
Actually his is faith based, albeit he and a friend tatooed themselves in 8th grade. I on the other hand, got mine at 46 and dont know what I was thinking. Yahushua/Jesus will have one.

Reactions: farouk

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was growing up, the guys with tattoos were the rough, rebellious types. Now, it's different. But I cringe when I see them because they can't be healthy for the skin, which is the first line of defense (physically speaking) against disease. Maybe I'm just too practical.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20181104_023314-747x1328.jpg

My "tattoos" are are temporary put on with black marker. I write scripture references on my wrist and they wash off eventually and I write new ones or refresh the old. Works for me LOL!

My hide is old and weatherbeaten so I don't pamper it too much.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My "tattoos" are are temporary put on with black marker. I write scripture references on my wrist and they wash off eventually and I write new ones or refresh the old. Works for me LOL!

My hide is old and weatherbeaten so I don't pamper it too much.
While I hear you my friend, my father died from cancer six months after the first skin cancer was detected. They give some assurance that done with properly there is little or no risk with tatoos, but why take unnecessary risks?

I have had two skins cancers removed myself. The first one was a melanoma requiring 12 stiches on the back of my neck afterthey cut it out surgically. It was not pleasing to me or to my wife. I cannot see how it could be pleasing to God. We are to be stewards of even this body of flesh He has provided. To me this is not good stewardship.

Reactions: Frank Lee

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
When I was growing up, the guys with tattoos were the rough, rebellious types. Now, it's different...
Prayer Warrior:

Yes, you're right; now it's rather different, isn't it?

FYI: I saw this quote someplace:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

A lot of tattoo parlors today are more like salons, really.

A lot of Christians treat first ink as a witness opportunity.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My three loves. The heart symbolizes family, the cross my Savior, and the treble clef music. In the future, probably get like a "mother's ring charm" on my ankle with my daughter's birthstone color.
Still at the planning stage for the next ink I guess?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Actually his is faith based, albeit he and a friend tatooed themselves in 8th grade. I on the other hand, got mine at 46 ...
Acolyte:

Yes, years ago it used to be very much a man thing to do, didn't it?

Even though it's now done a lot by both genders at around 18, a lot of women of more mature years have seemingly in more recent decades
done a great deal of catching up with the men.

I guess that when you eventually did it, it had already become quite the natural thing to do, right?

You've mentioned also your daughter-in-law and granddaughter; and I guess for them it would be harder to conceive of a time when women customarily didn't get ink, like you have now done.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@1stCenturyLady I wasn't around even to be able to see the latest edition of Ink Master recently.

Do you see any more significant ink trends emerging?

I watched a new series about famous artists, and saw some magnificent work, especially Japanese style. I think it was called Tattoo Age or something like that.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I watched a new series about famous artists, and saw some magnificent work, especially Japanese style. I think it was called Tattoo Age or something like that.
Interesting; I'll have to look it up, thanks. I think among various of the Asian / indigenous tattoo traditions it became widespread for women to participate also, long before the trend Western countries.

There is some superb artwork on the many ink shows.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting; I'll have to look it up, thanks. I think among various of the Asian / indigenous tattoo traditions it became widespread for women to participate also, long before the trend Western countries.

There is some superb artwork on the many ink shows.

Look up this on youtube: tattoo age taki horitomo