Isaiah 40:13, the DSS and The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered, “No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
I have dealt with the misuse of this passage, Why Do You Call Me Good?

There's nothing to "deal with", as Jesus makes it clear multiple other times that he wasn't God..:)
Here are some more verses that you might like to have a crack at dealing with, good luck with that-
Jesus said - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
High Priest asks - "Are you the Son of God?" Jesus replies - "I am" (Mark 14:61)
Jesus said - "I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
Jesus said- “Father, the hour has come....I am coming to you now" (John 17:13)
"I am going to my Father and your Father, my God and your God" (John 20:17)
God said - "This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matthew 17:5)
"There is one mediator between God and men,- the man Jesus Christ" (1 Timothy 2:5)

Reactions: Wrangler

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Attention all :

If you attend a denomination or church of any kind and they tell you Jesus is NOT God.................
LEAVE ....NOW !!!!!!!

It is NOT of God but has established its roots in its fathers lies, the devil.

Get out if you have to prop up the word with anothers books!

Get out if there are strict rules handed down by your head quarters that tell you that there is no other way to journey that is contrary to the rules of their organization. They will TELL you what God says do.

It is better to erase all the lies from your mind & heart thru CHRIST salvation and have your mind renewed in him. To study alone by the Spirit the word of God is better than one scripture that ppl twist to keep others in churches. Forsaking the assembling of yourselves together DOES NOT MEAN IN CHURCHES. Jesus said where 2 or 3 were gathered together in his name, he would be in the midst of them.
GET OUT TO THE SAVING OF YOUR SOULS !

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's nothing to "deal with", as Jesus makes it clear multiple other times that he wasn't God..:)
Here are some more verses that you might like to have a crack at dealing with, good luck with that-
Jesus said - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
High Priest asks - "Are you the Son of God?" Jesus replies - "I am" (Mark 14:61)
Jesus said - "I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
Jesus said- “Father, the hour has come....I am coming to you now" (John 17:13)
"I am going to my Father and your Father, my God and your God" (John 20:17)
God said - "This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matthew 17:5)
"There is one mediator between God and men,- the man Jesus Christ" (1 Timothy 2:5)

Brilliantly concise! I look forward to their rebuttal.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your "not" was twisted and wrong as I demonstrated by various direct and explicit Scripture verses. Which of these statements are true?
A. Jesus died.
B. Jesus did not die.

The 'not' is not right, then or now.

the evidence that I have provided in my studies from the Infallible Word of God, have shown MANY times that the God of the Bible is NOT "Unitarian", this is a demonic heresy! see for yourself and try to refute anything that I have written, STUDIES ON THE HOLY TRINITY

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the evidence that I have provided in my studies from the Infallible Word of God, have shown MANY times that the God of the Bible is NOT "Unitarian", this is a demonic heresy! see for yourself and try to refute anything that I have written, STUDIES ON THE HOLY TRINITY
Making inflammatory statements is not an answer to the simple questions I ask. Did Jesus die? What verse directly and explictly states what you say?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians ch.2:1-7 ( cxt ), 2:10-16 ( cxt )
2 Thess 3:6 ( cxt 5-8 )

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Making inflammatory statements is not an answer to the simple questions I ask. Did Jesus die? What verse directly and explictly states what you say?

Just because your human understanding cannot fathom the Deep Mysteries of Almighty God, it does not mean that the Bible is wrong

In Genesis chapters 17-19, it is very clear that YHWH appeared as a "Person" to Abraham and Sarah, and actually ate and drank with them, and walked with Abraham, etc. HOW was this possible if God cannot be SEEN? We also read in Exodus, where YHWH says to Moses, that no one can ever see Him; and yet we read that Moses spoke to YHWH FACE TO FACE, as a person does with their friends! which can only mean that these Appearances of YHWH are the PreIncarnate Jesus Christ. There is not other way to expalin this!"

The same is for the "Messenger of YHWH" Who Arrears many times in the OT, where He actually Speaks as YHWH in the First Person, and those who did see Him in "Person", thought they would die, because they had looked on GOD! as in Judges 6, "22 When Gideon realized that it was the angel of the Lord, he exclaimed, “Alas, Sovereign Lord! I have seen the angel of the Lord face to face!” 23 But the Lord said to him, “Peace! Do not be afraid. You are not going to die.”, and elsewhere

Your theology is very much AGAINST what the Bible actually teaches!

God No One Has Seen At Any Time

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because your human understanding cannot fathom the Deep Mysteries of Almighty God, it does not mean that the Bible is wrong
It's quite the opposite. The Bible is right, in steadfastly destroying your man-made, 4th century idol that is unfathomable, being inherently contradictory.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..In Genesis chapters 17-19, it is very clear that YHWH appeared as a "Person" to Abraham and Sarah...
in Exodus, where YHWH says to Moses, that no one can ever see Him; and yet we read that Moses spoke to YHWH FACE TO FACE..

Jesus made it clear that nobody had ever seen God- "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him" (John 1:18)
Even Moses never saw him- "When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.” (Exodus 33:21-23)
He never actually appeared to Moses at the burning bush, his voice simply came out of it..:)

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus made it clear that nobody had ever seen God- "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him" (John 1:18)
Even Moses never saw him- "When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.” (Exodus 33:21-23)
He never actually appeared to Moses at the burning bush, his voice simply came out of it..:)

Yes Jesus does make it very clear in John 6:46, exactly what He means

"Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father"

The same is in John 1:18, in the Original reading

"No one has ever seen God. The unique God, who is close to the Father's side, has revealed Him"

It is clear here, that the first use of "God" is the Father, as the verse explains

In Exodus chapter 33, we read, “and Yahweh said to Moses...You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live” (verses 17, 20). Yet, in verse 11 it says, “So Yahweh spoke to Moses Face to face, as a man speaks to his friend”. “pānîm ’el-pānîm”, can also mean, “Person to person”. It is clear that Yahweh here is Speaking directly to Moses, as do friends with each other. The detailed description shows that it is not a dream or vision. In verse 9 we read, “the pillar of cloud descended and stood at the door of the tabernacle”, and 10, “All the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the tabernacle door, and all the people rose and worshipped, each man in his tent door”. Yahweh was in this Pillar of cloud, Whom Moses saw. In Deuteronomy 34:10, we read, “No prophet has arisen again in Israel like Moses, whom Yahweh knew Face to face (pānîm ’el-pānîm)”. It is clear from Exodus 33, that there are TWO Persons Who are Yahweh. The One Who meets Moses “Face to face”, as do humans when they meet each other; and the Other, Who says that no one can ever see His Face and live! The One is Jesus Christ, and the Other, The Father. There is no other explanation for this passage.

In Genesis 32, we read, “Jacob was left alone, and a Man wrestled with him until daybreak” (verse 24). This “Man” Who Jacob wrestled with, was actually “physically” with him. In verse 30, Jacob says, “Jacob then named the place Peniel, For I have seen God Face to face (’ĕlōhîm pānîm ’el-pānîm), he said, and I have been delivered”. Jacob is clear that the “Man”, Whom he wrestled with, is none other than Almighty God.

In Numbers 14:14, “They will tell it to the inhabitants of this land. They have heard that You, Lord, are among these people, how You, Yahweh, are seen Face to face (‘ayin bə‘ayin, Eye to eye), how Your cloud stands over them, and how You go before them in a pillar of cloud by day and in a pillar of fire by night”

Deuteronomy 5:4, “Yahweh spoke to you Face to face (pānîm ’el-pānîm) from the fire on the mountain”

All these Encounters are without doubt, directly with Almighty God Himself. Who is Yahweh. As this cannot be the Father, it can only be the pre-Incarnational Appearances of the Lord Jesus Christ, known as Theophanies, or Christophanies.

No doubt that it is God the Father (YHWH) Who cannot be seen; but God the Son, also YHWH, was seen FACE TO FACE.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then what did God mean about Moses only being able to see his backside?

If Moses didn't actually see his back why did God say it

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..No doubt that it is God the Father (YHWH) Who cannot be seen; but God the Son, also YHWH, was seen FACE TO FACE.

If Jesus is the Son, how can he also be the Father?
As for Old T people "seeing God", that could simply mean they "experienced" him without seeing him in physical human form.
After all, an invisible spirit can't be seen-
Jesus said- "God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth" (John 4:24)

This verse clinches it, only Jesus has seen God.:)
Jesus said- "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he that is from God, he hath seen the Father" (John 6:46)

Reactions: Wrangler

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then what did God mean about Moses only being able to see his backside?
If Moses didn't actually see his back why did God say it

When Saul/Paul was struck blind on the Damascus road by the awesome holy spirit, perhaps God (aka the holy spirit) wanted to protect Moses from the same thing by putting him in a cleft of the rock?

Reactions: BeyondET

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If Jesus is the Son, how can he also be the Father?
As for Old T people "seeing God", that could simply mean they "experienced" him without seeing him in physical human form.
After all, an invisible spirit can't be seen-
Jesus said- "God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth" (John 4:24)

This verse clinches it, only Jesus has seen God.:)
Jesus said- "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he that is from God, he hath seen the Father" (John 6:46)

Jesus Christ is not the Father, but He is YHWH

The Father is also YHWH

The Holy Spirit is also YHWH

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is not the Father, but He is YHWH
Not one Bible verse comes close to saying this. The personal name of God is not Jesus but YHWH, who is alone is the Father. This is why these verses exist: 'For us, there is one God, the Father' and Jesus saying his God is the only true God. So clear, direct, explicit and straight foward, even a trinitarian can see it.