Isaiah 65:20 - Hundred Year Old Fetuses Dying in New Jerusalem?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what you are saying is that the Saved who are dead now, will be resurrected to live in the 1,000 Year Reign, but when the 1,000 years are up, Jesus will say "OK, it's time for everyone to die again".

Jesus will then proceed to murder everyone, only to resurrect them again in the Second Resurrection?

The issue with Isaiah 65 is Isaiah is looking at the 1000 year reign of Christ on earth.

Humans assume it is the new heavens and earth of Revelation.

Isaiah is looking for the Messiah and his reign as promised in the OT to Abraham. It is new, because like in the book of Job, Satan is allowed to take all that is good on earth away for 3.5 years. Job had nothing, not even his health, when Satan was finished with Job. This earth will have nothing left after Satan is stopped by God. The view that there is no millinium, is a lie from Satan denying the OT of it's promise that God would restore Job, and God would restore this earth for one final 1000 years.

John in Revelation promises not only a restored topographic earth and 1000 years. There is a promise that this whole universe will pass, and a new one, incomprehensible will begin from scratch. This is the universe that has a 1200 mile square cube, called the New Jerusalem within a new square spacetime reality.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Different resurrections.
John mentions 3 in Revelation, and only the last two are numbered. Figure that puzzle out.
The resurrection Jesus is talking about that has no marriage is this one: Revelation 6:9, "When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been put to death for proclaiming the Word of God, that is, for bearing witness."
These souls are in heaven since the resurrection that happened at the moment Jesus died on the Cross. The veil in the temple was rent, bringing an end to the OT covenant. All those saints were resurrected and there souls and bodies (ghosts) are under the alter. Ghost do not marry and have offspring. Next verse 11: "Each of them was given a white robe (new glorified body); and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow-servants should be reached, of their brothers who would be killed, just as they had been." The wait is instantaneous. Verse 12-14:
12 Then I watched as he broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake, the sun turned black as sackcloth worn in mourning, and the full moon became blood-red.
13 The stars fell from heaven to earth just as a fig tree drops its figs when shaken by a strong wind.
14 The sky receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved from its place.
This is the moment of Paul's resurrection. The dead in Christ are already under the alter. All receive a robe, and then, those alive in Christ meet them in the air while putting on their white robes in the air.

The first and last resurrection at the end of Revelation consist of this:
1. Those beheaded in Satan's 3.5 year rule.
2. All the dead of all time. Those whose names will be removed from the Lamb's book of life, at the final judgment.

John says that those in the first two resurrections will not be subject to the judgments of the very last resurrection of all dead.
This means any one not under the alter will be subject to the last judgment.

Any one alive on earth, who are not in Christ's retinue in the Second Coming have one last chance to be saved from death. All other humans have already died, and still dead, or they are with Christ when Christ returns.
So those alive on earth will only be saved from death, if they get their heads cut off by Satan. These are the dead of this first resurrection in Revelation 20: "And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for testifying about Yeshua and proclaiming the Word of God, also those who had not worshipped the beast or its image and had not received the mark on their foreheads and on their hands. They came to life and ruled with the Messiah for a thousand years.
5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were over.) This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is anyone who has a part in the first resurrection; over him the second death has no power.

Make sure you know that Revelation is a recounting of different visions, not necessarily in order of actual events.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make sure you know that Revelation is a recounting of different visions, not necessarily in order of actual events.
Not sure why God would make it more complicated than it already is, if it does not go in chronological order.

I could say to readers that Genesis 1, 2, 3, and 4 should not be taken in chronological, order, and they would laugh at me.

Truly, Genesis is not in chronological order; Revelation is. Knowing this Truth will free you from Satan's deception of 2 Thessalonians 2.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure why God would make it more complicated than it already is, if it does not go in chronological order.

I could say to readers that Genesis 1, 2, 3, and 4 should not be taken in chronological, order, and they would laugh at me.

Truly, Genesis is not in chronological order; Revelation is. Knowing this Truth will free you from Satan's deception of 2 Thessalonians 2.

Do what you want then.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So what you are saying is that the Saved who are dead now, will be resurrected to live in the 1,000 Year Reign, but when the 1,000 years are up, Jesus will say "OK, it's time for everyone to die again".

Jesus will then proceed to murder everyone, only to resurrect them again in the Second Resurrection?

You need reading lessons.

I have said nothing about resurrection.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need reading lessons.

I have said nothing about resurrection.
Some here may just be looking for conversation to pick out objecions. Just agreeing with someone is probably a waste of post space. As this back and forth instead of agreement has turned into trying to figure out why you two disagree.

And neither of you want to try to figure out what this disagreement is, because there is none.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it's more important to post cat pics and debate whether Mullets go to heaven then to address this very important issue.

:rolleyes:
Should you presume that people sometimes tired of what often happens around here should never lighten up a bit? Should people pursue the important question you have encountered above a question that God has put to them or instead going in the direction that the Holy Spirit has led them? Hmmm?