Israel is the Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many dispensationalists see that verse in this way. Even without it, how the church functions in Scripture, how Israel functions and how Gentiles function are clearly distinct to dispensational readers.

That's because many dispensationalist's like you abuse and misuse Scripture. Show me some commentary that agrees with your assertion. Also, for someone who demands using Scripture you completely avoided the texts I've used showing your error. That's called a double standard, sir.

Now, instead of arguing, provide someone who uses the text as you do in church history.

Reactions: Mjh29 and Dave L

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Dave L, I see, that no matter what, context will be thrown out, no matter what one does to get others to stop misusing God's word.

Reactions: Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That's because many dispensationalist's like you abuse and misuse Scripture. Show me some commentary that agrees with your assertion. Also, for someone who demands using Scripture you completely avoided the texts I've used showing your error. That's called a double standard, sir.

Now, instead of arguing, provide someone who uses the text as you do in church history.
I thought Scofield sees the distinctions in 1 Corinthians 10.32. The distinctions seem helpful.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought Scofield sees the distinctions in 1 Corinthians 10.32. The distinctions seem helpful.
So you allude to Scofield? Show me from church history and commentary, not an undocumented guess.

Context of Scripture does NOT support you. You should care about that. Instead you're telling Scripture what you want it to say instead if the other way around...

And you've STILL failed to address the texts given you, but you want me to believe your out of context conclusions. Oy vey...

D

Dave L

The main problem with Dispensationalism is that you would never come up with it in a million years reading the bible for yourself. It is a manufactured framework that does not originate in scripture. It is speculation about what would happen if there were a gap in the 70 weeks. This leads to an entire scheme of false prophecy while they sever one scripture after another from its context to paint in their theory. It's the "Texas Chainsaw Bible Massacre" of the current era.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...if they are converted by grace, they are in the church; otherwise they are dispensationally distinct; this is how I see it.
Here is what I'm gathering from your above: When in Christ, whether Jew or Gentile, that is the church. Lost Israel is another something...

Well of course, but we're all saved the same and gathered into ONE; John 11:52ff. We aren't all gathered into "two."

When any "of Israel" get saved, which is only in Christ, they too become part of his bride, the church. All OT saints who were regenerated are also in Christ and are his church. There is no distinction, yet you're making one. There aren't going to be two "neighborhoods" in heaven, just one.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main problem with Dispensationalism is that you would never come up with it in a million years reading the bible for yourself. It is a manufactured framework that does not originate in scripture. It is speculation about what would happen if there were a gap in the 70 weeks. This leads to an entire scheme of false prophecy while they sever one scripture after another from its context to paint in their theory. It's the "Texas Chainsaw Bible Massacre" of the current era.
Yes. I recall going through all this in bible college. Too many problems. They tout themselves as the only ones who take Scripture literally, and asserted any other views were those of the lost. In other words those who see figurative usages are deemed unsaved. Amil equalled unsaved. Being dispy equalled "Hallelujah, amen and amannnnnnnnnnn!"

In fact, a brother of mine recently told me that an SDA must be saved because he's a dispy and how surprised he was. I told him it isn't about ones eschatology, it is about ones Christ. He quickly tried to agree to cover himself, but in my opinion he'd already buried himself and needs to come clean. But, I said nothing, God will work on him.