Israel, the Church, and the Rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My View is more mid trib.... this is a misnomer as it is more like middle of the final week.

Simply put, the tribulation is the church age which is also the birth pangs. The great tribulation is the Labor and delivery the rapture is the birth and sorrow turning to Joy. It is the fall feasts all culminated into one. Elul starts the 40 days of teshuvah, (repentance), Trumpets is the start of the Labor, which is the ten days of Awe, followed by Yom Kippur which is the Birth, and then the feast of weeks is known as the feast of sorrow turning to Joy.
Do you see the rapture in Matthew 24:31?

Much love!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not debating just answering questions. Truman is a Brother In Christ from what I can tell. I Had many who believe as he does in my family and country.
I don't know anyone who believes what I believe. It's taken the Lord a long time to get me to believe it. Lol
Are you Dutch?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see the rapture in Matthew 24:31?
I See it as the sign of His coming, I see the rapture in Revelation 11:18, Which in my timeline is preceded by the sixth seal, within days. Between the sixth seal and the seventh trumpet there is a number of Judgements that are handed down, for example the sealing of the 144k, the Little scroll of Revelation 10, The Three angels of Revelation 14.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I See it as the sign of His coming, I see the rapture in Revelation 11:18, Which in my timeline is preceded by the sixth seal, within days. Between the sixth seal and the seventh trumpet there is a number of Judgements that are handed down, for example the sealing of the 144k, the Little scroll of Revelation 10, The Three angels of Revelation 14.
Where in relation to the Olivette Discourse do you see the rapture occuring?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in relation to the Olivette Discourse do you see the rapture occuring?

At the verse you quoted, Matthew 21:31. But is speaks of the sign, His coming follows the sign of His coming. Which is also Revelation 11:18. I Do not know how many days between the sign and His coming No man knows But I would say no more than a week. Just Like during the delivery of a child you do not know exactly the day or the hour, You just Know when it is close.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the verse you quoted, Matthew 21:31. But is speaks of the sign, His coming follows the sign of His coming. Which is also Revelation 11:18. I Do not know how many days between the sign and His coming No man knows But I would say no more than a week. Just Like during the delivery of a child you do not know exactly the day or the hour, You just Know when it is close.
What is the sign?

I believe it is the Son of Man Himself, because of the grammar of the verse. What is your thought?

Much love!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I happen to have the idea that there will be a pre-trib rapture. I also think that Israel is a distinct nation chosen by God, and that God will continue to fulfill His promises to Jacob's children.

I know a number of people who are not pre-trib in their understanding of when the rapture will occur, and who also see in some fashion that the Church is now Israel.

Is there anyone who sees Israel and the Church separately as I do, and who is not pre-trib?

Much love!

Me.

And I see the rapture being mid trib, pre mark, pre wrath, and premillennial.

In fact Mark 13, Matthew 24, and Luke 21 all show the sequence of the AOD/SOP event from the middle of Daniels 70th week, followed by a rapture.

In Matthew 24 the son of perdition mid trib event is in verse 15, followed by a rapture in verse 30, for example.

Maranatha

Reactions: Truman and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me.

And I see the rapture being mid trib, pre mark, pre wrath, and premillennial.

In fact Mark 13, Matthew 24, and Luke 21 all show the sequence of the AOD/SOP event from the middle of Daniels 70th week, followed by a rapture.

In Matthew 24 the son of perdition mid trib event is in verse 15, followed by a rapture in verse 30, for example.

Maranatha
Do you see the church being gathered to Jesus at the same time Israel is regathered to their land? The gathering of the elect in vs. 31?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the sign?

I believe it is the Son of Man Himself, because of the grammar of the verse. What is your thought?

Much love!

We do not know exactly what that sign is but it is the sixth seal. I can surmise that it is the sky rolling up like a scroll, which is the one thing that differs from the Matthew 24:29-30 account and the Revelation 6:12-14. Read the two passages as parallel accounts to see this, Below.

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. (Revelation 6:12-14)

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (Matthew 24:29-30)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see the church being gathered to Jesus at the same time Israel is regathered to their land? The gathering of the elect in vs. 31?

Just to answer this, I see the sealing of the 144K being the start of the regrafting of the natural branch onto the vine.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stick with the topic please.

I am. Myself and Curtis disagree on the Minutia. from what I can tell, He sees the GT and the time of Jacob's trouble as one in the same, I see them as different with the GT before JT. The church will face the GT, But not JT.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am. Myself and Curtis disagree on the Minutia. from what I can tell, He sees the GT and the time of Jacob's trouble as one in the same, I see them as different with the GT before JT. The church will face the GT, But not JT.
So go to a different thread. Thank you!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"marks, post: 1097793, member: 7985" - I happen to have the idea that there will be a pre-trib rapture. I also think that Israel is a distinct nation chosen by God, and that God will continue to fulfill His promises to Jacob's children.

I know a number of people who are not pre-trib in their understanding of when the rapture will occur, and who also see in some fashion that the Church is now Israel.

Is there anyone who sees Israel and the Church separately as I do, and who is not pre-trib?

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Body of Christ is NOT exclusively Gentile. Quite the opposite. The Body of Christ consists of all redeemed Jews and Gentiles since 30 AD. God is making no distinctions between Jews and Gentiles during the Church Age. However, after the Church has been completed and rapture, God will resume His dealings with the 12 tribes.
A Pre-Trib Rapture Is Found No Place In Scripture, A Fabrication Of Man, Promoted By John N. Darby & C.I. Scofield

The Church Is The Israel Of God, The Twelve Tribes Scattered Abroad

James 1:1-4KJV
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Wikipedia: John Nelson Darby (18 November 1800 – 29 April 1882) was an Anglo-Irish Bible teacher, one of the influential figures among the original Plymouth Brethren and the founder of the Exclusive Brethren. He is considered to be the father of modern Dispensationalism and Futurism. Pre-tribulation rapture theology was popularized extensively in the 1830s by John Nelson Darby and the Plymouth Brethren, and further popularized in the United States in the early 20th century by the wide circulation of the Scofield Reference Bible.

Reactions: Cassandra