It Abideth Alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. - John 12:24.

Hear what Jesus said "I have been alone - and no fruit." Why was there no fruit. He had done so many miracles and things to help people, wasn't that fruit. Cleansed the leper, healed the blind, the lame walked, water turned to wine, and no fruit. But yet he said "I have borne no fruit! The outer shell had not been broken and brought forth fruit.

Wow what a statement. Jesus himself said! while he was alive in this world he borne no fruit, after all the things he did, and make a mind blowing statement..blows everything else out of the water. Can you see what we believe and how we put it together will always fall short! The things in God we need to know are right there under the nose of the avid scripture searcher. But we read over and through them to fit what I believe, my agenda, my life, how I perceive scripture, my thinking, me, to fit me and my understanding - without the breaking of the outer shell - yourself. We don't see our death in Christ. You must see Christ's death as your death. We just don't know what it is God has prepared for those that love him. But he does.. Jesus knows. He knows what is prepared for you, and he knows what you need and how to get it to you. It might be a journey for you, but it will be what is prepared for you. The same thing is prepared for every believer. The all things of God are for all believers.

Not unlike the two spies that spied out the land that would flow with milk and honey - the promise land. Ten others in the group said your a fool there is giants in that land - no fruit. Fear! No one can take the journey in God lest they be lead and taken into the all things of God. It is not a charted journey. You must go (surrender of self - broken shell), and you will be lead. Like the pioneer of old..not knowing what lie ahead..but they knew there was something..lead. You will not grasp that something on your own, but you go. 'Well I'm comfortable where I'm at.' Good, you are never forced to go (breaking of self). It is not the old self you go into the promised land. You only go if you're willing to go into the land of promise. Hunger will drive you to the land where there is plenty. Not many wise not many mighty and not many noble go into the land that is promised. It will be the new you - Christ in you the hope of glory! Not you alone.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. - John 12:24.

Hear what Jesus said "I have been alone - and no fruit." Why was there no fruit. He had done so many miracles and things to help people, wasn't that fruit. Cleansed the leper, healed the blind, the lame walked, water turned to wine, and no fruit. But yet he said "I have borne no fruit! The outer shell had not been broken and brought forth fruit.

Wow what a statement. Jesus himself said! while he was alive in this world he borne no fruit, after all the things he did, and make a mind blowing statement..blows everything else out of the water. Can you see what we believe and how we put it together will always fall short! The things in God we need to know are right there under the nose of the avid scripture searcher. But we read over and through them to fit what I believe, my agenda, my life, how I perceive scripture, my thinking, me, to fit me and my understanding - without the breaking of the outer shell - yourself. We don't see our death in Christ. You must see Christ's death as your death. We just don't know what it is God has prepared for those that love him. But he does.. Jesus knows. He knows what is prepared for you, and he knows what you need and how to get it to you. It might be a journey for you, but it will be what is prepared for you. The same thing is prepared for every believer. The all things of God are for all believers.

Not unlike the two spies that spied out the land that would flow with milk and honey - the promise land. Ten others in the group said your a fool there is giants in that land - no fruit. Fear! No one can take the journey in God lest they be lead and taken into the all things of God. It is not a charted journey. You must go (surrender of self - broken shell), and you will be lead. Like the pioneer of old..not knowing what lie ahead..but they knew there was something..lead. You will not grasp that something on your own, but you go. 'Well I'm comfortable where I'm at.' Good, you are never forced to go (breaking of self). It is not the old self you go into the promised land. You only go if you're willing to go into the land of promise. Hunger will drive you to the land where there is plenty. Not many wise not many mighty and not many noble go into the land that is promised. It will be the new you - Christ in you the hope of glory! Not you alone.

Many times God's people do not understand prophecy until long after it happened Soul. It is quite easy to understand now that Jesus was referring to his death, and then his prodigy would prosper. Not too long after he died, thousands were being added daily to the Christian faith. True they basically died out after the first century as we went into the period of apostasy, but when Jesus was enthroned as King, and turned his attention to the earth after casting out satan from heaven, we see how many have migrated to the house of God sir Isa 2:2-4. Yes sir there are Christians throughout the earth, we have almost completed our assignment Mat 24:14

Reactions: soul man

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@soul man Seems to link in with the theme of fruit-bearing in John 15 also...