It is a bad idea but I think about it anyway

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am celebate now and I do not see how it would be any different.

Paul teaches that its better to marry than to "burn".

"burn" means, tortured by the desire to have sexual relations.

So, very few people can deal with that, all their life, without some type of outlet.

And repressing your sex drive, is not the same as the power of celibacy.

Paul said that He would that all remain unmarried, "even as I"........but that is Paul's testimony that He had this special self control.

Ive never met anyone that had that gift, as its a gift.

Catholic Priests are forced to be celibate, and the CC has had to deal with the pedophilia fruit of that "doctrine of devil's" for as long as they have forced their priests to REPRESS their normal God given sexuality.

Reactions: ChristisGod

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Lust is a natural, enherent part of our being. Aslong as we are not harming anyone else, enjoy it. Although, it is a powerful emotion, so use it with care.
Matthew 5:28 KJV
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 KJV
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

If you say that lust is natural, it is just the same as implying that sin is natural and inherent part of our being, which is true indeed, because we have a sinful nature, but saying that you could enjoy lust as long as you're not harming anyone is a big deception. Lust is sin. If you enjoy lust, then you are committing a sin. Jesus came to destroy sin, including lust. Lust is the opposite of love and is from the devil.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am celebate now and I do not see how it would be any different.

Paul teaches that its better to marry than to "burn".

"burn" means, tortured by the desire to have sexual relations.

So, very few people can deal with that...over long periods of time.

And that is not the same as the God given power of celibacy.

Paul said that He would that all remain unmarried, "even as I"........but that is Paul's testimony that He had this special self control, as well as Paul teaching that when you are married you have less time for the Lord, because you are all tied up with "Family matters" most of the time.

Ive never met anyone that had that gift, as its a gift.

Catholic Priests are forced to be celibate, and the CC has had to deal with the pedophilia fruit of that "doctrine of devil's" for as long as they have forced their priests to REPRESS their normal God given sexuality.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 5:28 KJV
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 KJV
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

If you say that lust is natural, it is just the same as implying that sin is natural and inherent part of our being, which is true indeed, because we have a sinful nature, but saying that you could enjoy lust as long as you're not harming anyone is a big deception. Lust is sin. If you enjoy lust, then you are committing a sin. Jesus came to destroy sin, including lust. Lust is the opposite of love and is from the devil.
Everything is a duel edge sword meaning everything can be used for right and wrong reasons. Out of controle anger is no good, where as controled righteous anger is necessary at times. Out of controle pride and ego is toxic, but a healthy sence of self esteem is nessesary. Desire is necessary when we desire the Truth, but desire can also bring us addiction. Knowlage can be used to enlighten people and bring truth, but it can also be used to manipulate and deceive people.

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Everything is a duel edge sword meaning everything can be used for right and wrong reasons. Out of controle anger is no good, where as controled righteous anger is necessary at times. Out of controle pride and ego is toxic, but a healthy sence of self esteem is nessesary. Desire is necessary when we desire the Truth, but desire can also bring us addiction. Knowlage can be used to enlighten people and bring truth, but it can also be used to manipulate and deceive people.
God said, Woe to those who call evil good and call good evil. Since you said everything, then you could also say that lie is a dual edge sword. I could lie for good reasons. I could also murder for good reasons. I could fornicate for good reasons. Pride is pride, and God said he hates the proud but gives grace to the humble (no self-esteem). It can never be good. What you're saying is unbiblical and I hope you think about that.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
E
God said, Woe to those who call evil good and call good evil. Since you said everything, then you could also say that lie is a dual edge sword. I could lie for good reasons. I could also murder for good reasons. I could fornicate for good reasons. Pride is pride, and God said he hates the proud but gives grace to the humble (no self-esteem). It can never be good. What you're saying is unbiblical and I hope you think about that.
"Everything" was the wrong word to use but I think you get my point. The term murder is understood as violence and is named to the aggressor, however if somone comes to murder us we have a right to kill in self defence. One must practice decernmen in any given situation. This is the act of wisdom. Somone who has an oppressed self esteem can drink alcohol and become completely arrogant, somone who oppresses their sexuality can become sexualy abusive. Somone who does not deal with their anger and "speak when affected" later becomes explosive. All feelings need a healthy, moral outlet. This is not an opinion or a belief, this is fact. Just take a look within the church and you will find a concentration of sexual abuse. This is because most people within the church hold to a false ideology that sexual feelings are to be suppressed.

Last edited:

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to have wasted everyone's time. I am not qualified to become a monk anyway as most monasteries require you to have been baptised as a Catholic for at least three years, and require a mental examination which I would probably fail due to my severe depression.

Probably for the better anyway. I have attachments that keep me close to God and I would have to get rid of them if I did become a monk. Besides, even though I know for sure that I will never get married, it would probably eventually eat me up wondering if somehow I would have.

I don't know where to go from here though. Marriage is unlikely, I can't become a monk and my life is empty. I could just go on but I do not like the thought of having to go through life empty. Suggestions?

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry to have wasted everyone's time. I am not qualified to become a monk anyway as most monasteries require you to have been baptised as a Catholic for at least three years, and require a mental examination which I would probably fail due to my severe depression.

Probably for the better anyway. I have attachments that keep me close to God and I would have to get rid of them if I did become a monk. Besides, even though I know for sure that I will never get married, it would probably eventually eat me up wondering if somehow I would have.

I don't know where to go from here though. Marriage is unlikely, I can't become a monk and my life is empty. I could just go on but I do not like the thought of having to go through life empty. Suggestions?
You need an outlet and you need to allow yourself to make mistakes because that's the only way we learn who we are. Find something exhilarating and outrageous. Test the boundaries of your existance. Come to know thyself. Spiritual growth is generally a destructive process and involves destroying toxic belief systems that we aquire from a young age. The first half of life is building a healthy ego. The second half is to give it away. Take risks, push yourself out of your comfort zone. As long as you are not harming anyone else, you have every right. Always follow you instincts even if they seem risky. Sometimes we need to make the wrong choice to know what's right.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it is a very bad idea, but I have often considered joining a monastery. I always wanted to get married but I know deep down that it will never happen and figured I might as well duck out of the modern world. I don't have anything holding me down anyway.

On one hand I want to live a holy life and try to get as much as a reward in Heaven as I can by doing so. On the other hand I enjoy media too much and have lusts.

I don't know much about living as a monk besides hard work, worship and silence.

What are your thoughts?

It doesn't matter which you choose to do.

A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.​