It is not in the bible.....sola scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Unless you've been completely ignoring my posts - I already debunked this idea - several times.
This is what I presented:

Why do you cling to verses like this one that only work to prove the Catholic position??
As YOU and everybody here has already been shown - these are the children of the "other" Mary standing near the cross:

Matt. 27:56 says, "among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee".

Mark 15:40 states, "There were also women looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of JAMES THE YOUNGER and of Joses, and Salome".

Finally, John 19:25 tells us, "But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene".

A comparison of these accounts of the crucifixion shows the mother of James and Joseph (Joses) to be Mary, the wife of Clopas (also called, Alphaeus) – not Mary, the Mother of Jesus. She is obviously a relative of the Blessed Mother.

James the Younger
is the one called "brother of the Lord" in other parts of the NT.

Regarding what I highlighted:

Do you have any supporting evidence for the above?

James the Younger, or Lesser, was NOT the brother of Jesus.
As you must know there was more than one James as there was more than one Mary and it could get confusing.

And who is Joses?
I don't find that name in either the Hebrew, the Aramaic, or the Greek.
Please show where that name comes from.

I'd like to post the following regarding James the Lesser:

The Apostle James, son of Alphaeus, was also known as James the Less, or James the Lesser. He's not to be confused with James the son of Zebedee, brother of the Apostle John.

A third James appears in the New Testament. He was the brother of the Lord, a leader in the Jerusalem church, and writer of the book of James.

Source:
Meet James the Lesser: Obscure Apostle

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You MAY have been one - but you were a very ignorant one.
Most of what you say about what the Church teaches is dead-wrong.

It's frightening to think that you taught the Catechism.
Thanks.
You're so kind.
Our Lord appreciates it, I'm sure.

I'm always very nice to you and very serious with you.

WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS INSULTING PEOPLE???

Do you feel it'll make you get more respect??

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
near the cross? what page are you even on, bro?
Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't His mother called Mary, and His brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas?
when you get to this page let us know, ok
Didn't see it??
I'll show you again . . .

As YOU and everybody here has already been shown - these are the children of the "other" Mary standing near the cross.
By the way - the cross is what Jesus was nailed to and died on, in case you didn't know.

Matt. 27:56 says, "among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee".

Mark 15:40 states, "There were also women looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of JAMES THE YOUNGER and of Joses, and Salome".

Finally, John 19:25 tells us, "But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene".

A comparison of these accounts of the crucifixion shows the mother of James and Joseph (Joses) to be Mary, the wife of Clopas (also called, Alphaeus) – not Mary, the Mother of Jesus. She is obviously a relative of the Blessed Mother.

James the Younger
who is mentioned here is an APOSTLE and is the one called "brother of the Lord" in other parts of the NT.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't His mother called Mary, and His brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas?
It's Mathew 13:55
I've posted it many times, but I get no reply...

He picks the verses he likes better.
The bible is a whole and entire book.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.
You're so kind.
Our Lord appreciates it, I'm sure.

I'm always very nice to you and very serious with you.

WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS INSULTING PEOPLE???

Do you feel it'll make you get more respect??
No - you started out by being nice - then you spouted ridiculous lies against the Church like all of these other ignorant anti-Catholics.
If you want to have a nice conversation - then knock it off with the anti-Catholic manure.

I don't care of you "respect" me. ALL I care about is that the people who come here to find out the truth about what the Catholic Church teaches aren't seduced by your lies and the lies of others here.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
As YOU and everybody here has already been shown - these are the children of the "other" Mary standing near the cross.
near the cross? they are not anywhere near the cross at the time, so i am not making the connection, sorry.
They are in Nazareth, at the local synagogue, if memory serves me right.

And if you want to make this Scripture into a lie, you are going to have to give some kind of reasoning for why you are going somewhere else in Scripture to do so, which i grant is possible ok, but "lookie here, these same names were at Golgotha, so then Mary must not have had other children after all, in fact that was even a different Mary, and Matthew was just in error" is bs, sorry

Reactions: GodsGrace

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's Mathew 13:55
I've posted it many times, but I get no reply...

He picks the verses he likes better.
The bible is a whole and entire book.
Why do you continue to lie?
I explained to YOU in post #803 - and to bbyrd in post #824.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No - you started out by being nice - then you spouted ridiculous lies against the Church like all of these other ignorant anti-Catholics.
If you want to have a nice conversation - then knock it off with the anti-Catholic manure.

I don't care of you "respect" me. ALL I care about is that the people who come here to find out the truth about what the Catholic Church teaches aren't seduced by your lies and the lies of others here.
Well BoL,
I DO care if you respect me.

1. What have I been wrong about?
NOTHING! Please show me if you can.

2. Please answer my post regarding WHO the OTHER MARY is.
Thanks.

see post no. 821

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because the way you treat others reflects the way you believe in God
That's because you're completely dishonest.
John 19:25, which I have posted about a dozen times says:

"But STANDING NEAR THE CROSS OF JESUS were his mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene".

Man - dishonesty is like a disease with you people . . .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
near the cross? they are not anywhere near the cross at the time, so i am not making the connection, sorry.
They are in Nazareth, at the local synagogue, if memory serves me right.
Exactly. It's when Jesus says that a prophet is never accepted in His own hometown.

I'd like an answer to my post.
Plus, I really don't understand why this is so important...
It has to do with Mary being elevated to a very high position in the CC.
They're almost at the point of declaring her a co-redemptrix.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That's because you're completely dishonest.
John 19:25, which I have posted about a dozen times says:

"But STANDING NEAR THE CROSS OF JESUS were his mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene".

Man - dishonesty is like a disease with you people . . .
???
We're not talking about the Marys at the cross...

Please see my post no. 821...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well BoL,
I DO care if you respect me.

1. What have I been wrong about?
NOTHING! Please show me if you can.

2. Please answer my post regarding WHO the OTHER MARY is.
Thanks.
see post no. 821
Why are you doing this??
I've shown you several times now. This is from post #803:

James the Younger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Why do you continue to lie?
I explained to YOU in post #803 - and to bbyrd in post #824.
No sir.

You have not explained anything.
You're confusing verses and times and places.

PLEASE check my post no. 821 and answer to that.
If you can...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why are you doing this??

James the Younger
none of which have anything to do with Matt 13:55, that we are able to discern. What connects them, to your mind?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
none of which have anything to do with Matt 13:55, that we are able to discern. What connects them, to your mind?
Okay - I'll pay your game.
WHO is being spoken of in Matt. 13:55??
I'll make it even easier: WHICH Mary is being spoken of.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Why are you doing this??

James the Younger
JAMES AND JOSES AND MARY

ARE NOT

MARY, THE MOTHER OF JESUS
AND JAMES THE APOSTLE, BROTHER OF JESUS
AND WHO IS JOSES???

I've asked you to explain that.

Mathew 13:55 shows:
MARY, the mother of Jesus
His brothers: JAMES, AND JOSEPH, AND SIMON, AND JUDAS
AND IT ALSO SPEAKS OF HIS SISTERS.

The people that lived in the town of Nazareth, where Jesus grew up, knew the family. They knew the names of all the children.
You cannot deny this.

The Mary YOU are speaking of is MARY, the mother of JAMES THE LESSER AND JOSES. I do not believe Joses is the same name as Joseph.

It's your burden to prove that it is. Not mine.
I'm saying it's different persons,
If YOU think it's the SAME persons, please show it.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Okay - I'll pay your game.
WHO is being spoken of in Matt. 13:55??
I'll make it even easier: WHICH Mary is being spoken of.
Oh for goodness sakes BoL.
What are you asking bb this for ??

This is EXACTLY what I've been trying to get you to answer for the last half hour.

IT'S TWO DIFFERENT MARYS.
Your VERSES are NOT SPEAKING OF THE MOTHER OF JESUS.