• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
. Paul was aware of this war between the his spirit and his flesh./QUOTE]

What i did to resolve the issue you have, is, i just read the rest of what Paul had to teach.
You didnt.

Let me explain.
You and the typical legalist, read......>"that which i would do i dont do, and that which i dont want to do, i do"..."who will deliver me">..signed "Paul".

And you STOP READING.
Every Legalist does this...they STOP RIGHT THERE as if the NT ends
Then you teach this part as deception, and just this part, as your only theology.

Well, keep reading.
I did.
Paul says.....>"Christ ALWAYS GIVES ME THE VICTORY"..
He says that AFTER that part you read, and then didnt read the rest.

Let me show you now something else you've not seen.
And this wont fit your theology of "i am always supposed to sin and confess"....but, who knows... i plant seed and God is the Water.

Paul said this... " You've been CALLED unto Liberty....use not your Liberty for an occasion to commit works of the Flesh".
Now, what is....>"called unto Liberty"?
Its "Christ always gives me the VICTORY".

Its that......it means that we can exist as this.....>"for as many as be made PERFECT">.

So, see that? That is not a sinning failed Christian, Ronald.

And there is more...

"Use not your liberty for an occasion to commit works of the flesh".

Well, "works of the flesh", is how the dominion of Grace...>"not under the law, but under Grace"......redefines what previously was titled SIN.

So, Paul is saying, now that you have this deliverance, this power of VICTORY to live the "perfect" Discipleship, don't choose to sin...

See that?
That means that the perfected disciple, is to have such power over sin, that for us to commit one, we would choose to do it...
in other words...... not because we can't control it...... or because the temptation was too strong.
See, when you live under the law, you can't stop sinning.
But when you live under Grace, you have such power over this situation, (LIBERTY)..(VICTORY) that you would have to choose to do it.
And you're not going to do that...
Final answer.

Do you see?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It depends on what kind of faith you have.

There is a nominal, lukewarm, or shallow faith; that can nevertheless be identified as saving faith

Saving faith, is proven if you are born again.
That is the only time Faith actually matters, regarding going to heaven.
After that... we please God by our Faith, but that is not the faith that God accepts ONCE, to give you the NEW BIRTH.
That faith is completed by Jesus, and Salvation is completed by God.

Holding onto your faith to try to keep from going to hell is proof of "falling from Grace".
Faith in Faith, is rejection of Christ's finished work on the Cross.

WE, the born again... do not hold unto our faith to stay saved, but rather God holds unto us because we already are saved., if we are born again.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saving faith, is proven if you are born again.
That is the only time Faith actually matters, regarding going to heaven.
After that... we please God by our Faith, but that is not the faith that God accepts ONCE, to give you the NEW BIRTH.
That faith is completed by Jesus, and Salvation is completed by God.

Holding onto your faith to try to keep from going to hell is proof of "falling from Grace".
Faith in Faith, is rejection of Christ's finished work on the Cross.

WE, the born again... do not hold unto our faith to stay saved, but rather God holds unto us because we already are saved., if we are born again.
If anyone is sealed by the Holy Spirit, they have an everlasting faith.

But that, if anyone lost faith, they would also lose salvation, is a basic truth.

For we are saved by grace through faith.

Therefore, if faith is missing, the conduit by which they access grace is no longer there; and they cannot access grace. And since we are saved by grace, if we cannot access grace, we do not access salvation any more.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I did not abuse it.
But the reality of what the passage means is hashed out in the thread in question; and therefore I was referring people to that thread for a more accurate understanding of what the passage in question means.

Threads like that one, serve confusion well.
Confusion is of the Devil.

Hebrews 10:26 has ruined more believers then any other verse in the bible, except for the one in a false bible that teaches that you are born again of water.
Even you, have been harmed for how many years now, because you jumped into Hebrew before your heart was established with Grace.

Even till now, how many years now, you are not able to believe that Jesus keeps you saved unless you do something....

That is what Hebrews 4, 6, and 10... does to people who are not equipped theologically or spiritually, to deal with it.

I kid you not..... Mental Heath facilities always have in them, believers who were mentally harmed by people who used Hebrews to try to make them believe that they can lose their salvation.
This drives some people right over the edge.
The others just live in the darkness and endlessly use that epistle to try to cause deep harm to real born again people on Forums like this one.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold,
Do not judge me, assume that I am not a Christian or a legalist or that I'm not reading the whole passage and getting it.
Your theology is flawed, just half it. You understand the spiritual nature, iur security in Christ firever and that it is all His work. You just apparently think you don't possess your flesh, nor have to deal with it - as if it just disappeared _ while still living in this world.
You continually avoid answering my question I asked because it will certainly incriminate you and destroy your whole post, frankly, many posts.
We have read the passage of Romans 7 and I, for the 3rd time, reiterate that I initially quoted NOT ONLY Rom. 7:16-18 BUT ALSO 22-25.
Why don't you examine the second half of verse 25, it sums up the whole chapter.
"... So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin."
Christ didn't die for only our past sins, He died for present and future sins.
Remember, "if you say you do not have sin, the truth isn't in you." Think about that. It is saying that if you say you do not have sin, then you are not born of God - you are an unbeliever. This also implies that if the truth is in you, so is sin.
This will not compute for you ... it will confound you for who knows how long. But please try not to lean in your own understanding, get some Pastoral guidance, it's deep theology. Ask just about any Pastor or Priest, "As believers, are we still sinners?" They would say yes.

Now, back to my question:
Since you've been a Christian, can you claim that you have never done, said or thought anything wrong that would be considered a sin as defined in the Bible?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If anyone is sealed by the Holy Spirit, they have an everlasting faith.

But that, if anyone lost faith, they would also lose salvation, is a basic truth.
For we are saved by grace through faith.
Therefore, if faith is missing, the conduit by which they access grace is no longer there; and they cannot access grace. And since we are saved by grace, if we cannot access grace, we do not access salvation any more.

Faith can't be "missing" if God has accepted it to give you the new birth.

So, you dont keep yourself born again by faith

Stop trusting in faith, and start giving God credit for what Jesus did on the Cross.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Behold,
Do not judge me,

The only thing im judging is the fact that you didnt read the rest of what Paul teaches, regarding the..."that which i would do, i dont do"..

Had you read the rest, you would discover that Paul comes into RIGHT BELIEVING< and ends up here..

"Christ always gives me the VICTORY"..

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop trusting in faith, and start giving God credit for what Jesus did on the Cross.

You assume so much.
Faith is a gift from God, He enables us to believe. He does get all the credit. We need to take care of the gift He gave us. Some seed is planted in shallow or rocky soil and does not take root, because it wasn't cared for. So when trials come, it withers and dies. This is what justbyfaith is talking about. But these people in this group, according to that parable, were never saved to begin with. They didn't get to point where they really believed. It was half-hearted, maybe they got excited in the beginning, but did not take it seriuosly
The only thing im judging is the fact that you didnt read the rest of what Paul teaches, regarding the..."that which i would do, i dont do"..

Had you read the rest, you would discover that Paul comes into RIGHT BELIEVING< and ends up here..

"Christ always gives me the VICTORY"..
Still avoiding that question? It will unveil the truth of the matter.

Reactions: amadeus

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You assume so much.
Faith is a gift from God, He enables us to believe.

God does not enable us to believe, in the sense of causing it.
He requires us to believe.
See, if God enabled us to believe, then all of use would believe..

Now its true that we have Freewill that God gave us, that enables us to CHOOSE..... but he does not cause anyone to believe in Jesus.

Justbyfaith, believes that he will go to hell if he "stops believing" as he believes that as long as he holds unto his faith, he can keep himself saved.

He has faith in faith.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not enable us to believe, in the sense of causing it.
He requires us to believe.
See, if God enabled us to believe, then all of use would believe..
God chose us, He predestined us, He called us, sanctified us ... You have been claiming all along that its ALL OF GOD.
Look at this carefully: "No one can come to the Father unless the Father draws them."
We are unable to come to Him unless, by His power, He spiritually draws us. And this is by an elaborate orchestration of experiences and people that come into our lives that lead us to that moment, the divine appointment. That calling, inwardly and outwardly, putting His thoughts, His WORD, in our minds. His influence and guidance enables us to come to Him. HE LIFTS THE VEIL OF BLINDNESS. We cannot do that ourselves.
Anyways, your avoidance of my question has spoiled our dialogue. You say you have no sin. You certainly have pride.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God chose us, He predestined us, He called us, sanctified ... You have been claiming all along that its ALL OF GOD.
Look at this carefully: "No one can come to the Father unless the Father draws them."

A few things..

I teach that Salvation.....is All of God.
The offer, the redemption, and the completion.
But that is not me teaching that God chooses you to be saved.

So, you have to keep that line drawn.
You have to allow for the Choice, regarding free will, to reject, the Gospel.
If you dont, then you are into hyper-calvinism land, where this manic taught that God chooses some for hell and chooses some to burn in the lake of Fire.

Now, about that "drawing of the Holy Spirit"..
This is always in process.
The comforter is always drawing, always.......he is leading the world to the Cross, as you read what im writing..
This is why everyone who is an unbeliever, is currently this.. John 3:36.

See, that damnation?
That is on them, and why? Because they have not responded to the call that is CALLING.

See, if you end up in hell, after you die, its because you never chose Jesus, while you were living.
The Holy Spirit is always calling, always..

Notice this verse.

"If i be lifted up, i will draw ALL MEN".

Do you see that word =ALL ?????????????/

ALL

ALL

ALL

that means all.
ALL are being drawn by the Holy Spirit.
Not just the "elect" or the "predestined".

ALL mean ALL.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And that includes if you believed at some point in the past but no longer believe....if that is the case, you are an un-believer.

God accepted your faith,, you are then justified by faith, and you are Born AGAIN, into GOD's Spirit.
That faith, that God accepted to give you the new birth, can't be changed later, as its already happened.

Its like this.....once born again, always born again.
So, that can't be changed, as GOD did that, and you can't change what God has already completed.

Listen,. You can't stop being born again, because you decide one day you dont want to be.... exactly as you can't stop being born of your mother, if one day you decide you dont want to be.

Birth, can't be undone.

So, your issue with your flesh, is that you are trusting faith to get you into heaven, and that is not trusting in Christ.
You are involved with self saving, and that is not going to work for you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Luke 8:12-13.

Luk 8:12, Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Here is the context of the verse in question (Luke 8:13). it shows that if they believe according to these verses, they are saved. Saved from what? certainly not hell; because in the next verse we find that they fall away from saving faith in a time of temptation. But they are saved from sin (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14); if only for a season.

Luk 8:13, They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Here we find that those who had a faith, that saved them from sin, fall away in a time of temptation.

Do you propose that when they fall away, they continue to have salvation?

That would be heresy.

We are saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8); we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:2). Since salvation is by grace, if we do not have grace we do not have salvation. And faith is the conduit through which we access grace. No faith, no grace. No grace, no salvation. Therefore: no faith, no salvation.

The good news is that if anyone is sealed by the Holy Spirit, they have an everlasting faith.

You just need to be certain that your faith isn't nominal, lukewarm, or shallow (the Luke 8:13 type of faith).

You need a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14). Such a faith is unto everlasting life (John 6:47)...life that can never come to an end...otherwise it would have been referred to as temporal.

The point?

Phl 2:12, Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

which means:

2Pe 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Threads like that one, serve confusion well.
Confusion is of the Devil.

Hebrews 10:26 has ruined more believers then any other verse in the bible, except for the one in a false bible that teaches that you are born again of water.
Even you, have been harmed for how many years now, because you jumped into Hebrew before your heart was established with Grace.

Even till now, how many years now, you are not able to believe that Jesus keeps you saved unless you do something....

That is what Hebrews 4, 6, and 10... does to people who are not equipped theologically or spiritually, to deal with it.

I kid you not..... Mental Heath facilities always have in them, believers who were mentally harmed by people who used Hebrews to try to make them believe that they can lose their salvation.
This drives some people right over the edge.
The others just live in the darkness and endlessly use that epistle to try to cause deep harm to real born again people on Forums like this one.
Hebrews 6:1-8 and Hebrews 10:26-31 can indeed have this kind of effect on someone.

However, the word of the Lord stands true in the following.

Mic 2:7, O thou that art named the house of Jacob, is the spirit of the LORD straitened? are these his doings? do not my words do good to him that walketh uprightly?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to allow for the Choice, regarding free will, to reject, the Gospel.
Romans 8:29
"For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;"
At some point in time, Jesus turns to some and says, Away from me, I do not know you! He means that He did not have a relationship with them. Of course God knows everything, but the fact that he gives man the opportunity, even though He knows which ones will and which ones won't come to him, He draws ALL MEN AND AS YOU SAY, SOME RESIST!! According to this foreknowledge, He elects those who He foreknew.

>>>>>Answer my question or hide behind your flesh.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Romans 8:29
"For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;"
At some point in time, Jesus turns to some and says, Away from me, I do not know you! He means that He did not have a relationship with them. Of course God knows everything, but the fact that he gives man the opportunity, even though He knows which ones will and which ones won't come to him, He draws ALL MEN AND AS YOU SAY, SOME RESIST!! According to this foreknowledge, He elects those who He foreknew.

>>>>>Answer my question or hide behind your flesh.

I have a few Threads here, that explain what the "predestined elect" actually means.
Dont hide from them, go and read them and learn, Ronald.

If you are too lazy to do that, let me know and i'll repost them for you, in this Thread.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a few Threads here, that explain what the "predestined elect" actually means.
Dont hide from them, go and read them and learn, Ronald.

If you are too lazy to do that, let me know and i'll repost them for you, in this Thread.

We are supposed to be persistent, keep knocking on the door. I'd say four times is enough, so here it is again, a simple yes or no will do:

Since you've been a Christian, can you claim that you have never done, said or thought anything wrong that would be considered a sin as defined in the Bible?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We are supposed to be persistent, keep knocking on the door. I'd say four times is enough, so here it is again, a simple yes or no will do:

All believers have "thoughts'.
Temptations are "thoughts, Ronald, but temptations are not sin.

Paul teaches that we are not supposed to continue to exist in the diaper state of Discipleship = repenting from "dead works'...(confessing sin as a lifestyle of failed discipleship), but we are to GROW UP and mature into "Perfection".

Now, let me show you how "predestined elect" actually works.

Go HERE :

Predestined (THE Born Again) = Elect