its easy to forgive others but the question is can you forgive yourself?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I know God has forgiven me.....I’m not sure if I have forgiven myself, for the hurt I caused my two older boys....even though I did it out of sheer ignorance...that is no excuse!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
we all have been in trouble. can you say me it

Its as wrong to not forgive yourself as it is to not forgive others.

"well, behold, if you knew what ive done, and who ive hurt and how much"..

Well, God knows all about that, and He forgave you 2000 yrs ago.

Time to move on..

"well, behold, the damage i caused is still in their lives and still in my heart".....

Ok, well, don't do that anymore and instead ask God to restore, repair, and release all from that situation, and make all things new.

Reader..

A Prayer, answered, is God removing or rescuing a Circumstance in your life that is HARMFUL.....so that its HEALED, regarding all the parties involved.

Its God's own WILL that He do this for the born again..

Believe it.

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its easy to forgive others but the question is can you forgive yourself?
Sometimes it's actually easier to forgive ourselves because at least we have control over the things we do, but may be completely powerless to stop the offenses others bring again us, especially if they do so with frequency. On the other hand, can we reach a point where we can cut out the "middle man" so to speak, develop the ability to not be offended, and therefore not require needing to forgive others in the first place?

Prycejosh1987

May 20, 2024
Balsall Heath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The biggest question on the minds of a lot of people. I believe we need to forgive other people, but first forgive ourselves. If the mind helps us achieve our goals we should keep it pure. We can only do that by committing to be more forgetful and persistently loving towards ourselves.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I'm quite lenient on myself. I need to be more charitable with others and maybe a little more strict with myself.