I've just had my first dose of Covid vaccine!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Numbers 21:6 "And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died."
Numbers 21:7 "Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people."
Numbers 21:8 "And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live."
Numbers 21:9 "And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived."

there is nothing new under the sun, that same serpent, is on a pole today... the medical emblem. and the same prayer is today, TRUST GOD IN YOUR DOCTOR. else stay bitten.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

The brass snake could also be foreshadowing of Christ too though. Look and live...

Reactions: Nancy and 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, for he got the victory over the serpent on the cross/pole, and ALL POWER IS IN HIM. so our Faith is in, for he is our HEALING.

Good point.

PICJAG

Reactions: Mayflower

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Numbers 21:6 "And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died."
Numbers 21:7 "Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people."
Numbers 21:8 "And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live."
Numbers 21:9 "And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived."

there is nothing new under the sun, that same serpent, is on a pole today... the medical emblem. and the same prayer is today, TRUST GOD IN YOUR DOCTOR. else stay bitten.

PICJAG
But also be careful not to trust the doctor without God... Consider the final end of that serpent of brass here, several hundred years later:

"He [Hezekiah the king] removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brazen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan." II Kings 18:4

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our old friend @bbyrd009 used to speak regularly about Nehushtan on this forum, but a lot of people missed his point! It is a shame he is no longer able to be here with us.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But also be careful not to trust the doctor without God... Consider the final end of that serpent of brass here, several hundred years later:

"He [Hezekiah the king] removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brazen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan." II Kings 18:4
that's why we put our TRUST in JESUS/GOD. just as Moses, with his staff, which turned into a serpent... (smile), but that same staff was lifted up and a sea was divided. the POWER was not in the staff, but in God. just as with our doctors, our trust is in God. but as with the staff, God work through doctors.

PICJAG

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Nehushtan"

Just made me think of Bbyrd :(

Reactions: amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's why we put our TRUST in JESUS/GOD. just as Moses, with his staff, which turned into a serpent... (smile), but that same staff was lifted up and a sea was divided. the POWER was not in the staff, but in God. just as with our doctors, our trust is in God. but as with the staff, God work through doctors.

PICJAG

WOW. THAT is why it was a serpent. God is just AWESOME

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder why people didn't look at the brass serpent and chose to die. If they were afraid to look like some see getting the vaccine or if it was just being stubborn.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW. THAT is why it was a serpent. God is just AWESOME
AMEN, Philippians 4:13

and, Matthew 19:26.

God gave me this..... do not FEAR. and I have used these acronym

F.E.A.R. = False Evidence Appering Real

F.A.I.T.H. = Fully Assured In This Hope

notice many places and time in the bible, when god come to someone or an angel sent by god, the words are "FRAR NOT".

with the Holy Ghost in US why do we FEAR? for nothing we drink or eat will Harm us.

PICJAG

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN, Philippians 4:13

and, Matthew 19:26.

God gave me this..... do not FEAR. and I have used these acronym

F.E.A.R. = False Evidence Appering Real

F.A.I.T.H. = Fully Assured In This Hope

notice many places and time in the bible, when god come to someone or an angel sent by god, the words are "FRAR NOT".

with the Holy Ghost in US why do we FEAR? for nothing we drink or eat will Harm us.

PICJAG

Fear/anxiety has always been my thorn in the side. LOL. I stopped my anxiety meds, but have done very well last couple months.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder why people didn't look at the brass serpent and chose to die. If they were afraid to look like some see getting the vaccine or if it was just being stubborn.
unbelief, even when God told them, they still not believe. it is Faith that please God... so we should please him by FAITH.

as the man said who son was possessed, "Help my unbelief". that's where Faith comes in at.

PICJAG

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People in the flesh have never changed in this respect:

"And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:31

Jesus, himself, who speaking for Abraham, did rise from the dead. Why aren't people today choosing to look to Jesus and to live?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear/anxiety has always been my thorn in the side. LOL. I stipped my anxiety meds, but have done very well last couple months.
stay in the Faith of God. for we have not because we ask not.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People in the flesh have never changed in this respect:

"And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:31

Jesus, himself, who speaking for Abraham, did rise from the dead. Why aren't people today choosing to look to Jesus and to live?
agreed but their belif was not MIXED with Faith, see Hebrews 4:2

PICJAG

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
stay in the Faith of God. for we have not because we ask not.

PICJAG

I felt a definite calling to get back in the actual Word and break at least from medicine. I do believe Ive drawn closer to the Lord.

I do not believe I will die if I take the vaccine or if I do not. I look to Jesus for my healing. He is my salvation. But Im preparing for if it made mandatory. In that case, I am not sure the right answer

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I felt a definite calling to get back in the actual Word and break at least from medicine. I do believe Ive drawn closer to the Lord.

I do not believe I will die if I take the vaccine or if I do not. I look to Jesus for my healing. He is my salvation. But Im preparing for if it made mandatory. In that case, I am not sure the right answer
I have the same issue, I chose to have it this year, but there is talk about it becoming mandatory if you work in care ( not sure if that is gossip at work or based on truth ) so what decisions I make in the future may vary.
If they prove that the vaccine prevents me from passing it on the I would understand, but if it on,y protects me, then I would not. Rita

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My only advice to anyone is this, before you get a shot, Go FIRST, to God in Prayer. and then go to one's Doctor, and make sure if any allergies or health concerns are checked out first. but as said, it's each of us own desision.

as for me, when I'm told I can take the vaccine, I will. not just for me, but also for my fellow citizen.

for I have already went to God, and my TRUST is in HIM.

but the bottom line, it's your OWN decision.

be blessed.

PICJAG