I've just had my first dose of Covid vaccine!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure why you want to get vaccine instead of putting trust in God?
Hi Shinethelight32, not sure if we have spoken before, welcome to the forums
I always find it strange when people question a persons trust in God when it comes to getting help through medicine/ doctors. Who has imparted the knowledge that has enabled us to learn so much about the human body ?
Who imparts knowledge to the dentist to understand and fix our teeth
Or doctors who examine our bloods
I have yet to meet anyone that has not had to use a doctor or dentist .......
I consider it a miracle that my children never had to encounter whooping cough, diphtheria, and a range of other illnesses because of the miracle of people developing vaccines. Some people trust that God is part of the equation and can thank him for the provision of help, as we do with so many other things in life in the 21st century.
Rita

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe God brings new strains or the virus, to begin with though...sickness isn't of God.

Hi there Mayflower!

Just a few verses to think about:

*Exodus 9:15-16 NLT - 15 By now I could have lifted my hand and struck you and your people with a plague to wipe you off the face of the earth. But I have spared you for a purpose--to show you my power and to spread my fame throughout the earth.

*Lamentations 3:37-38 NLT - 37 Who can command things to happen without the Lord's permission? Does not the Most High send both calamity and good?

*Jeremiah 32:42 KJV - "For thus saith the LORD; Like as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them."

*Isaiah 45:7 KJV - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

*Psalm 71:20 NIV - "Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up."

I absolutely believe that the Lord is in control of ALL things, just as He controlled Pharaoh's mouth when Pharaoh said, "No! I will NOT let your people go!" Pharaoh 100% wanted the Hebrews out of Egypt, but the Lord was in control of his mouth. Why? Paul tells us:

*Romans 9:17 NLT - "For the Scriptures say that God told Pharaoh, "I have appointed you for the very purpose of displaying my power in you and to spread my fame throughout the earth."

The Lord is in control of all things, and once we grasp this notion, this is where we shall find peace on this earth. We must give up and surrender to the idea that we control anything at all. No; we do not. If we were in control, how could the Lord's Almighty Plan come to fruition?

There is peace to be found in the understanding of the Lord's full, complete, and total control over all things. This is one of the major reasons for why I believe in Christianity . . . that the Lord controls all things.

*Daniel 2:21 NLT - "He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars."

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the same issue, I chose to have it this year, but there is talk about it becoming mandatory if you work in care ( not sure if that is gossip at work or based on truth ) so what decisions I make in the future may vary.
If they prove that the vaccine prevents me from passing it on the I would understand, but if it on,y protects me, then I would not. Rita

This is an every year shot like flu?

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The brass snake could also be foreshadowing of Christ too though. Look and live...

It is - Jesus said so Himself:
"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life." (John 3:14,15)

The medical symbol of a snake on a staff goes back to the Greek physician Asclepius, but it's possible that the Greek symbol is linked to the Biblical story. The traditional treatment of guinea worm (which may be the 'fiery serpents' of Numbers 21) is to draw them out of the body by winding them onto a stick.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Numbers 21:6 "And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died."
Numbers 21:7 "Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people."
Numbers 21:8 "And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live."
Numbers 21:9 "And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived."

there is nothing new under the sun, that same serpent, is on a pole today... the medical emblem. and the same prayer is today, TRUST GOD IN YOUR DOCTOR. else stay bitten.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
rumble.com/vc7j6v-2020-dec-28-usa-nurse-warns-against-taking-covid19-vaccine-after-suffering-.html?mref=6zof&mrefc=4

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Sorry, but this one case, sad though it is for her, doesn't mean we should avoid Covid vaccination.

Bells palsy is usually caused by herpes virus (which most of us carry), and it affects thousands of people every year regardless of whether they've been vaccinated recently. As a nurse, she should know this! In the vaccine trials, the number of people who developed Balls palsy was actually fewer than would have been expected, and the timing after the vaccination was completely random - which is strong evidence that the vaccine had nothing to do with it.

Some on the Pfizer vaccine trials did get Bell’s palsy, but not more than we’d expect by chance

JTH1234

Jan 20, 2021
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give thanks to the Lord!
I wish you luck! If the Lord wanted my cells to contain genetic coding for a virus spike protein to express on their surfaces, he would have made me that way. If you want to make an inactivated virus vaccine or a protein subunit that doesnt hijack my cells (Novavax is working on one in clinical trials, 90% effective or so), I would take it and let my immune system do the work as though I caught the virus, because that is how the Lord designed us. If you want to override my gene pool to express a protein of your choice for my cells to put on their plasma membrane and appear as they are a foreign invader to our own immune cells, then I say no, not a chance. I will not thank the Lord for mRNA vaccinations because I do not think he is happy about his creation overriding his biological design. Free will is a dangerous gift!

Reactions: WaterSong

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wish you luck! If the Lord wanted my cells to contain genetic coding for a virus spike protein to express on their surfaces, he would have made me that way. If you want to make an inactivated virus vaccine or a protein subunit that doesnt hijack my cells (Novavax is working on one in clinical trials, 90% effective or so), I would take it and let my immune system do the work as though I caught the virus, because that is how the Lord designed us. If you want to override my gene pool to express a protein of your choice for my cells to put on their plasma membrane and appear as they are a foreign invader to our own immune cells, then I say no, not a chance. I will not thank the Lord for mRNA vaccinations because I do not think he is happy about his creation overriding his biological design. Free will is a dangerous gift!

Actually, I didn't have the mRNA vaccine. Not that it would bother me if I did.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, it’s not a cure , it helps you fight it.
The mRNA vaccines are being touted as a "cure" for COVID and to bring the *pandemic* to an end. Kindly read all the statements by the lying public health officials. Hence the panic to have billions vaccinated with these bogus vaccines. And it does not even help to fight Wuhan virus, since the victims of vaccination are mandated to wear masks and maintain social distancing. A TOTAL FARCE AND SCAM. The hazards of these vaccines have been explained by many, but some people refuse to accept the truth, even though Christ said that the truth would make you free.