James

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I met this older man at a bus terminus one day. He was dressed in a plain white shirt, and light blue pants. A voice in my head said "Talk to this guy"

So I sat down next to him and said hello.

He then asked me, how my day was.

I didn't really want to say good, because that simply was not true.

So I said neither good or bad.

He smiled at me and told me the strangest thing.

Look around you he said, look at these people. All they can think is what's good or evil.

That's their problem he said, that's their war. It's just positives and negatives for them.

Then I asked him what his name was.

He said, James.

Then he stood up because his bus had arrived.

Then just before he left he said one last thing.

In the end, they do it to themselves.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I met this older man at a bus terminus one day. He was dressed in a plain white shirt, and light blue pants. A voice in my head said "Talk to this guy"

So I sat down next to him and said hello.

He then asked me, how my day was.

I didn't really want to say good, because that simply was not true.

So I said neither good or bad.

He smiled at me and told me the strangest thing.

Look around you he said, look at these people. All they can think is what's good or evil.

That's their problem he said, that's their war. It's just positives and negatives for them.

Then I asked him what his name was.

He said, James.

Then he stood up because his bus had arrived.

Then just before he left he said one last thing.

Buried my Uncle yesterday, devout Christian man. Hundreds of people there he touched all their lives in special ways. Many had the same memories as me anytime they’d call him he’d always answer, hello my friend, this includes me

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ADDRESSING THE OP,
Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Acts 2:40 "And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation".

it's up to you.

PICJAG.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
ADDRESSING THE OP,

Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Acts 2:40 "And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation".

it's up to you.

PICJAG.
Matthew 3:11 11"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Most forget the fire.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay I've got to ask this question again, but in a different way.

You can't keep acting like this, you can't just attack those you should love. This is a biblical fact, that you so strongly defend to convince me Jesus is Lord.

Yet you seem to fail to see your own unkind behaviour.
We’re going to be friends you have no choice in the matter.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 3:11 11"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Most forget the fire.
yes, the Word of God is the fire.

PICJAG

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOH and jellyjam, you have totally undone me, I'm cracking up...I just see in my mind, with that exchange, Glenn Close and Michael Douglas. Oh boy, my stomach. :D:D:D

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
WOH and jellyjam, you have totally undone me, I'm cracking up...I just see in my mind, with that exchange, Glenn Close and Michael Douglas. Oh boy, my stomach. :D:D:D
Laughter is the best medicine, as they say. So make sure when you're praying for the sick people of the world, that God is not laughing at you.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did we go so quickly from Fatal Attraction to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest...? :p

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
How did we go so quickly from Fatal Attraction to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest...? :p
It all depends what signals you receive.

Say for instance you & your partner had a big breakup. You stayed at home, while your partner went to their parents house.

Of course you are both Christian, but some times you have very different opinions.

You think that this time the relationship is over, but you don't know until you talk to him again.

Early that night you get down on your knees and open a channel (Your heart) to your God. But in all actuality your partner is still on your mind.

Your partner at that time is at a church miles away doing Bible study.

You start crying out to your God, believing God hears what feeling your sending to him.
You tell your God how much you love your partner, and you don't want to lose him.

Then at that exact time at your partners location, a feeling of love hits him hard.
He can't see were the feeling originates from, and since he is sitting in a Church with his Bible turned to John 3:16

His only conclusion is that this feeling he feels is God's love, telling him something about

John 3:16

Last edited: