Jeremiah 32:27

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
Is anything too hard for God?

The answer is no! But unfortunately we have been taught that God has done all He can, He has tried to save everyone by sending His Son, but He is unable to move the hearts of most. Human will-power is just too strong, too wicked, too stuborn, too rebelious for God to move. Its like He really has made a rock too big for Him to lift.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
Sound like the dumbest question asked. God wanted people to make a choice and they did the dumbest one! Surpise! surprise!

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
Wow Suhar! It must be awesome being you since you aren't one of these "dummies" who were too stupid to take God up on His offer. So you are a little smarter, and less wicked and rebellious then others. And you were able to, by your very own will-power, change your heart from an enemy of God and turn from sinning and chose God. Good for you! If only God could have made everybody as smart and righteous as you. Its really too bad that God wants all these dumb-heads to come to repentance but is unable to convince them other wise. Boy, you would think with all the wisdom and power God has, He would be able to figure out a way to lead and teach all these stupid creatures He made to follow Him (not a very good shepherd if you ask me). Oh well? He will have to torture them forever for being so dumb...If only He could have made them a little smarter...

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
Good just wants to see who's who.

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,

And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,

And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;

He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,

Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord GOD.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
lukethreesix said:
Is anything too hard for God?

The answer is no! But unfortunately we have been taught that God has done all He can, He has tried to save everyone by sending His Son, but He is unable to move the hearts of most. Human will-power is just too strong, too wicked, too stuborn, too rebelious for God to move. Its like He really has made a rock too big for Him to lift.
Who teaches that?

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
"Unfortunately we have been taught that..........." the answer is no! The rest of what I said was related to the unfortunate teachings past on to us, such as "God is unable....."

The entire church teaches that. They teach that God "wants" to save people, but is unable due to their "freewill".

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
lukethreesix said:
Wow Suhar! It must be awesome being you since you aren't one of these "dummies" who were too stupid to take God up on His offer. So you are a little smarter, and less wicked and rebellious then others. And you were able to, by your very own will-power, change your heart from an enemy of God and turn from sinning and chose God. Good for you! If only God could have made everybody as smart and righteous as you. Its really too bad that God wants all these dumb-heads to come to repentance but is unable to convince them other wise. Boy, you would think with all the wisdom and power God has, He would be able to figure out a way to lead and teach all these stupid creatures He made to follow Him (not a very good shepherd if you ask me). Oh well? He will have to torture them forever for being so dumb...If only He could have made them a little smarter...
Very Judgemental you are.
Tell me have you ever actually asked Christ in to your life? or did you just assume that you had no choice and so you never bothered.

I realise scripture teaches that we are called to this, but it is still up to the individual to follow that calling.

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
Mad ad, go back and read it again....its clear (especially to someone as smart as Suhar).
And let me ask you...did God have anything to do with your "willingness" to follow Christ or was it all you and by your very own power?

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
lukethreesix said:
Mad ad, go back and read it again....its clear (especially to someone as smart as Suhar).
And let me ask you...did God have anything to do with your "willingness" to follow Christ or was it all you and by your very own power?
No I read your reply to Suhar right,
This is the same rant you gave a short while back about Faith in Faith. Where in your world man has no choice in his decisions either for God or against God.
To you there is not two paths as Jesus illustrates the wide and the narrow, but only one for each person. In your world nobody has choice as to which path they go down.

Oh so now I have "willingness" do I Lukethreesix, well thats a sudden change from no choice at all. Wouldnt me having willingness mean that I had the decision to follow in my hands either way?

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
Can you answer my question above: did God have anything to do with your "willingness" to follow Christ or was it all you and by your very own power?

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
lukethreesix said:
Can you answer my question above: did God have anything to do with your "willingness" to follow Christ or was it all you and by your very own power?
Do you think you have caught me out on something here Luke?

You fool yourself with this nonsense.

So now I have "willingness" do I Lukethreesix, well thats a sudden change from no choice at all. Wouldnt me having willingness mean that I had the decision to follow either way?

Are you confusing a mans decision to follow Christ, with the mans power to follow Christ?

As for not answering questions, did you or did you not ask Christ in to your life and make the Moral decision to give your life over to him??

​Did you have the Holy Spirit in you when you decided to ask Christ in to your life, while you were still an enemy to God?

No?

Then wouldn't that mean that while you were without Christ and the Holy spirit and still an enemy to God you must have cried out in your own sin, in the power of you old self?

Of course it does!!

Is it not now that you have handed your life over you live by the power of Christ?

Thats the difference Lukethreesix, its easy and obvious to understand.

[SIZE=14pt]“I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore CHOOSE life” (Deuteronomy 30:19)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, CHOOSE for yourselves this day whom you will serve” (Joshua 24:15).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]This is good, and pleases God our Savior, WHO WANTS ALL people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. (Timothy 2:3-4) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. (Acts 10:34-35)[/SIZE]

Theres plenty more where that came from, its called a Bible.

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
"God wants" but is UNABLE to get. God can only hope and try His best, but His best is not enough. I used to believe that too, but God has opened my eyes to His awesome plan to redeem all of creation unto Himself. All I know is that I cannot repent by my own freewill. God has got to do it for me, and He has. God found me, I did not find God. God wanted me, and He was wise enough to create me as a person He was able to "out smart". My desire for sin and destruction was not as strong as Gods desire to save me. I am confident that He is able to do for all others as He did for me. I am not any smarter, or less rebellious, or less wicked, or less stubborn than anyone else. Gods love for humanity and the work and faith OF Jesus is and will be enough to bring all people (willingly) to Him. As Paul said, I am the chief sinner. (If God can save the chief, can He not save the indians?)

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
lukethreesix said:
Wow Suhar! It must be awesome being you since you aren't one of these "dummies" who were too stupid to take God up on His offer.
Wow! You do not even understand that is simply not in the nature of God to do stupid things? Like creating rocks too big even for Him to lift?! I would expect that kind of question from somebody about 5 years old but definitely not from somebody who can turn computer on.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
lukethreesix said:
"God wants" but is UNABLE to get. God can only hope and try His best, but His best is not enough. I used to believe that too,but God has opened my eyes to His awesome plan to redeem all of creation unto Himself. All I know is that I cannot repent by my own freewill. God has got to do it for me, and He has. God found me, I did not find God. God wanted me, and He was wise enough to create me as a person He was able to "out smart". My desire for sin and destruction was not as strong as Gods desire to save me. I am confident that He is able to do for all others as He did for me. I am not any smarter, or less rebellious, or less wicked, or less stubborn than anyone else. Gods love for humanity and the work and faith OF Jesus is and will be enough to bring all people (willingly) to Him. As Paul said, I am the chief sinner. (If God can save the chief, can He not save the indians?)
You said
"God has opened my eyes to His awesome plan to redeem all of creation unto Himself."
Show me where it says in Gods Word that his "PLAN" is to redeem "ALL" of creation to himself, that would lead you to believe this and try and teach it to others?

You said
" All I know is that I cannot repent by my own freewill"
Nobody has said otherwise but you keep trying to assert that we are somehow trying to save ourselves.
All Im saying, and as I have pointed out to you now a number of times using Gods own Word is that we choose freely to turn to Christ, and by the way that in itself is a sign of repentance, the willingness as you call it, to turn away from the desire to sin and turn towards Jesus and life

You Said
" God has got to do it for me, and He has."
God did it for you on the cross, where all your sin was placed on his Son and sent to the grave where it belongs. making you free from the penalty of sin (Praise Jesus).
Now it is up to you to produce fruit in keeping with what God has done for you.
Anyone who has experienced the ravages of addiction as a Christian knows how hard it is. But we cry out and there is always a way out but it is up to you to take it, God offers a way out but it is entirly up to you as a Christian to act upon it. God does not do it for you as you said.
Rather we remember the hope we have in Christ and we remember his Word, and we use what ever strength we have to turn away thus giving glory to God who see's the good works and rewards you in heaven. (This is what the Bible teaches)
If an addict does not take the way out, does this mean his salvation is false?. No of course not, his salvation is unconditional it was given freely as a gift he did not do anything to earn it nor can he do anything to lose it. Instead he confesses again and starts over again because he hates his sin. Repentance is not just the physical denial of sin it is also the turning of ones heart to God, thus the hatred of the things we sometimes still do constantly.

You Said
God found me, I did not find God. God wanted me, and He was wise enough to create me as a person He was able to "out smart".
God calls you as Christ called his disciples to him, "Follow me" he says and we follow. Nobody says they found God. the only place you find God is in Gods Word and in his Son Jesus Christ who is the Word and is God. A man can be called several times in his life, but if he chooses to turn away from the truth that man will perish with the rest of them.
Do you think God loved you more as a sinner then your neighbor who was also a sinner but has not yet come to Christ as you have? do you think his calling was just for you and not your neighbor? Do you think that you could choose but your neighbor was destined to turn God away which is contrary to Biblical teaching?

You Said
"My desire for sin and destruction was not as strong as Gods desire to save me."
Once again, is this true for just you?
or is this true for everybody God created? what does the scriptures I provided you say, did you read them?

You Said
I am confident that He is able to do for all others as He did for me. I am not any smarter, or less rebellious, or less wicked, or less stubborn than anyone else.
Then why did you say and I qoute "" God has got to do it for me, and He has." Surely if God was doing these things for you, you wouldn't be rebellious, wicked or stubborn at all, you would be perfect as Jesus was perfect.
Now you keep saying yourself that it is not by your own power you turn from your sin. But doesnt a person who struggles against those sins you listed, struggle against their own evil desires?.
God would not struggle with them in the slightest. So how can you say "God does it for you" and then say in the next breath you struggle?
We can pray for strength in the Spirit to resist temptation, but its still up to you at the end of the day to stop yourself from giving in to the flesh.

You Said
Gods love for humanity and the work and faith OF Jesus is and will be enough to bring all people (willingly) to Him.
It certainly is enough, but it wont bring "All" people to him as scripture points out.

You Said
As Paul said, I am the chief sinner. (If God can save the chief, can He not save the indians?)
Yes he can, and is not the gospel of Jesus Christ preached in India?

Im sorry Lukethreesix but the Bible does not preach or back up Universalism.

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
Do you really believe that God, when He sent Christ to "Save the World", that He was "Hoping" "Maybe" it would work?

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
lukethreesix said:
Do you really believe that God, when He sent Christ to "Save the World", that He was "Hoping" "Maybe" it would work?
Ok now thats just painfully annoying.
Did you even read my answers I took the time to write in regards to your statement?.
What does the Bible say Lukethreesix ?
What does John 3:16 the most popular verse in the world say?

Does it say

[SIZE=.75em]16 [/SIZE]For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that all creation shall not perish but have eternal life.

ummmmmmmm.......nope.....I dont think so..

it says

[SIZE=.75em]16 [/SIZE]For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

did you get that?

"That WHOEVER BELIEVES in him shall not perish"

In your religion do you simply dismiss most of Jesus's teachings, like this one?

Matthew 13:41-42
The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
Gen 1, Is 25, 45, Ez 16, John 17, Eph 1, 2, 3, 4, Col 1, Ps 22, 25, 65, Rom 5, Cor 15, Rev 21, 22.....These are some chapters (I'm sitting in the DMV right now so I'm "unable" to give particular verses at the moment) in which I find the glorious hope of Gods plan to save humanity and all of creation.
Luke 3:6, All flesh will see salvation!

I used to believe as you do, that God only wishes He could save everyone. But I was wrong. God doesn't wish, hope, wonder, He does. God has not just tossed out a rope from the boat to all of us drowning in our sin and hope that some of us are smart enough to hold on. No, God jumps out of the boat and "drags" us out of the water to safety. Jesus said, "when I am lifted up I will draw (literally drag in the Greek) all men unto myself.
JESUS SAVES!!! He is not a potential savior of all men, He is the savior of all men. 1 Tim 4:10

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
lukethreesix said:
Gen 1, Is 25, 45, Ez 16, John 17, Eph 1, 2, 3, 4, Col 1, Ps 22, 25, 65, Rom 5, Cor 15, Rev 21, 22.....These are some chapters (I'm sitting in the DMV right now so I'm "unable" to give particular verses at the moment) in which I find the glorious hope of Gods plan to save humanity and all of creation.
Luke 3:6, All flesh will see salvation!

I used to believe as you do, that God only wishes He could save everyone. But I was wrong. God doesn't wish, hope, wonder, He does. God has not just tossed out a rope from the boat to all of us drowning in our sin and hope that some of us are smart enough to hold on. No, God jumps out of the boat and "drags" us out of the water to safety. Jesus said, "when I am lifted up I will draw (literally drag in the Greek) all men unto myself.
JESUS SAVES!!! He is not a potential savior of all men, He is the savior of all men. 1 Tim 4:10

Ok, Lets look at Luke 3:6 your username

Both Isaiah and John the Baptist speak of the coming Messiah who is “Gods Salvation”

Luke 3:6 "And all people will see God’s salvation."

Taken from - Isaiah 40:5 "And the glory of the Lord will be revealed,
and all people will see it together.
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken"

Which speaks of Christ as the “Glory of the Lord will be revealed”

Luke 2:25-30
Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him. It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying:
“Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,
you may now dismiss your servant in peace.
For my eyes have seen your salvation,

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Psalm 98:2
The Lord has made his salvation known
and revealed his righteousness to the nations.

Theres nothing there referring to all men being saved.

1 Timothy 4:10
That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people,and especially of those who believe. (You left that last bit off....why?)

1 Timothy backs up this verse in Matthew

Matthew 22:14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen -(Tell me why is only a few chosen?)

and Romans 8:30 "And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified."

so who are the "those" Paul is talking about? and who is everyone else?

John 12:32

And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”
Being lifted up from the earth is Christ telling them how he was going to die (Lifted up on a cross) this was pointed out in verse 33
The cross will have a universal attraction, people of all nationalities, Gentiles as well as Jews, will be saved through it. “All” means all kinds of people without distinction.

….not all members of the human race without exception.

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
I'm not back to my Bible yet so I'll get to those verses later...but I want to say that 1Tim's "especially" does not mean exclusively. Be lievers are especially saved. Kinda like Superman loves Lois Lane right? When a building is about to fall on everybody he especially saves Lois Lane, but will ultimately save everyone else. Lois will be saved first (blessed are those in the first resurrection) but he will not only save her. She, however, will enjoy a special, intimate relationship with him, returning with him to his ice castle and sharing all his knowledge and secrets with her......I'm out of time again, but get back later. Hopefully this Hollywood example can help? (I know, Hollywood movies make bad theology, just trying to get you to see the picture) I mean really, is superman a better savior than Jesus? I think not!