Jesus' ASCENSION, and what actually occurred.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you get this stuff? You are confused and trying to teach others.

Jesus' resurrection was the First Resurrection of a dead body into a New Spirit Body. As our bodies will be translated/transformed into our new eternal bodies, His was the first. We will have this new spirit body capable of ascending and descending, appearing and disappearing ( as angels do and as He did). This spirit body is capable of going in and out of a physical realm, it is a multi-demensional body, a body that can appear in flesh and back into the spirit realm.
As Enoch111 said, He ascended first after Mary witnessed him alive after his resurrection and tried to cling to him. He said, "Do not cling to me for I have not yet ascended to my Father but go and tell the others I have risen and that I will meet them later." (paraphrased)
He made about ten visitations during the forty days, appearing and vanishing. He did not remains with them for days or weeks at a time - unless I missed something? Show me. So the implication here is that whenever He wasn't on earth during this time, He was with His Father in heaven. He said my Father has given me all authority on earth and in heaven ( before his witnessed and final ascension) so this confirms he already saw Him and was glorified, (given what He had before He be Me a man). What did you think He did, walk 70 miles from Jerusalem to The Sea of Galilee to meet the disciples (a 3 days journey) and then back to Jerusalem? He appeared and disappeared out of the heavenly realm. You can say He flew there in a moments time, a thought as He could have gone to the moon in seconds and back into the spiritual realm. This spirit body is not confined to the laws of physics: distances, matter, time, etc. It functions in both realms.
When He ascended ( as angels come and go), He remained visible for our sake, to see him go up _ in the clouds _ into heaven. That's all, don't read into it to mean something else. It's a simply statement of fact that Jesus went from earth to heaven one location to another. Jesus went up in the air with the clouds as you saw him go and will return in like manner - when every eye sees Him.
Enoch111? ...Is that where "you get this stuff?"

But you are closer now. It's just that you are missing the point--which is that there were two acts (His resurrection and His ascension) for a reason--because they each represent something different.

But don't get me wrong--everything including all the universe is manifest by the spirit of God--so, yes, He was indeed manifest by the spirit during both acts. However, He even made the point of saying that He was "not a spirit" in speaking to Thomas after His resurrection...so you are not entirely correct.

The difference between He resurrected body and His ascended body was that He was first ascended in the flesh of [dust]--which, as I said, was for a reason. Which was for the purpose of foreshadowing the half-life of those who, as Paul worded it, would be "alive and remain" in the flesh after being born [again] of the spirit of God.

His actual ascension then--being a completely different act for a completely different purpose, was the actual act of ascending to the Father in complete spirit perfection, just as the "Father is perfect" and "spirit."

Now...if you want to believe that Jesus appeared in and out of both forms (dust and also spirit manifest as such)--no problem--it is all manifest in any case...as are we and all that was made are also. But don't believe that the dust body becomes some sort of hybrid form of part dust and part spirit is the future--it's not. The dust and all the elements of the earth are passing away and are to be dissolved with fervent heat and with fire, just as it is written.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
two acts (His resurrection and His ascension) for a reason--because they each represent something different.
Act 1 His Birth
Act 2 His Ministry
Act 3 Death
Act 4 Resurrection
You can divide his life into many acts and actions and sub-divide if you wish, but there was no difference between His initial resurrected body and the body He ascended with, it was multi-dimensional. He accomplished His purpose when He died and rose on the third day. After that, He was seen with His resurrected spirit body ten times and then seen leaving. He has that same Spirit Body now. Souls in heaven see Him as Jesus with marks on his feet and hands. His spirit body looks like is similar too what Jesus looked like, yet radiant. We will be like Him and look like we did on earth, but youthful and glorified.

He was indeed manifest by the spirit during both acts. However, He even made the point of saying that He was "not a spirit" in speaking to Thomas after His resurrection...so you are not entirely correct.
He was different than a spirit that can not appear in the flesh. Satan can be seen as an angel of light, but not in the flesh. Angels can appear in the flesh and then disappear. The angels that came to lot appeared with physical bodies- temporarily. The men wanted to have sex with them.

The difference between He resurrected body and His ascended body was that He was first ascended in the flesh of [dust]--which, as I said, was for a reason. Which was for the purpose of foreshadowing the half-life of those who, as Paul worded it, would be "alive and remain" in the flesh after being born [again] of the spirit of God.
No, that is where you are confused. The Resurrected Body that He possessed and what we will possess has the ability to appear in flesh and then go to heaven in spirit. He just remained in physical form as He ascended and then disappeared into the spirit realm. Again angels have done this since the beginning. Demons are not allowed to. If they were, we would be in trouble. So a vision of an immaterial ghost, without flesh, is likely an evil spirit posing as a human. Jesus corrected Thomas and said, He was not ghost, differenciating His Resurrected Body from a ghostly vision. Touch me, He said. Demonic spirits can't appear in the flesh.

His actual ascension then--being a completely different act for a completely different purpose, was the actual act of ascending to the Father in complete spirit perfection, just as the "Father is perfect" and "spirit."
Wrong. He was already transformed, there was no difference, just a change in form.

Now...if you want to believe that Jesus appeared in and out of both forms (dust and also spirit manifest as such)--no problem--it is all manifest in any case...as are we and all that was made are also. But don't believe that the dust body becomes some sort of hybrid form of part dust and part spirit is the future--it's not.
So you back peddle and say it's okay and then say this is not real. Again Angels do this, are visible and then aren't, become phyical and then go back to the spiritual realm. Just admit you DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT JESUS RESURRECTED SPIRITUAL BODY IS CAPABLE NOR THAT WE WILL BE LIKE THAT, WITH THOSE CAPABILITIES.

Don't delve into areas you do not know about and then try to teach others! And I do not know exactly what we will be like. The Bible says we do not know this, but we will be like Him.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: Jesus Ascension?
Spirit Only?

Hardly, Because as we speak, today, and believe, we become "part of
Him":

Eph_5:30 "For we are members of His Body, of His Flesh, and of
His Bones
."

Amen?

Grace, Peace, And JOY...

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 1 His Birth
Act 2 His Ministry
Act 3 Death
Act 4 Resurrection
You can divide his life into many acts and actions and sub-divide if you wish, but there was no difference between His initial resurrected body and the body He ascended with, it was multi-dimensional. He accomplished His purpose when He died and rose on the third day. After that, He was seen with His resurrected spirit body ten times and then seen leaving. He has that same Spirit Body now. Souls in heaven see Him as Jesus with marks on his feet and hands. His spirit body looks like is similar too what Jesus looked like, yet radiant. We will be like Him and look like we did on earth, but youthful and glorified.

He was different than a spirit that can not appear in the flesh. Satan can be seen as an angel of light, but not in the flesh. Angels can appear in the flesh and then disappear. The angels that came to lot appeared with physical bodies- temporarily. The men wanted to have sex with them.

No, that is where you are confused. The Resurrected Body that He possessed and what we will possess has the ability to appear in flesh and then go to heaven in spirit. He just remained in physical form as He ascended and then disappeared into the spirit realm. Again angels have done this since the beginning. Demons are not allowed to. If they were, we would be in trouble. So a vision of an immaterial ghost, without flesh, is likely an evil spirit posing as a human. Jesus corrected Thomas and said, He was not ghost, differenciating His Resurrected Body from a ghostly vision. Touch me, He said. Demonic spirits can't appear in the flesh.

Wrong. He was already transformed, there was no difference, just a change in form.

So you back peddle and say it's okay and then say this is not real. Again Angels do this, are visible and then aren't, become phyical and then go back to the spiritual realm. Just admit you DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT JESUS RESURRECTED SPIRITUAL BODY IS CAPABLE NOR THAT WE WILL BE LIKE THAT, WITH THOSE CAPABILITIES.

Don't delve into areas you do not know about and then try to teach others! And I do not know exactly what we will be like. The Bible says we do not know this, but we will be like Him.
All of your points are full of holes. An example would be your error of saying "Satan can be seen as an angel of light, but not in the flesh", when it is written that Jesus rebuked Satan in the flesh in Peter.

But you will not hear, so I leave you to it.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of your points are full of holes. An example would be your error of saying "Satan can be seen as an angel of light, but not in the flesh", when it is written that Jesus rebuked Satan in the flesh in Peter.

But you will not hear, so I leave you to it.
Well thank you, I try to be holy. Satan can spiritually possess a human, as demons can. But it is not their own flesh. The charge, "Get behind me Satan" is given to the Satan, a spiritual fallen angel, not Peter. Satan was not possessing Peter, he was just putting doubts in his head. Peter didn't have a clue at the moment that he was being influenced by Satan. Capisce Einstein?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to have a physical body, or you would not exist.

That of course is not Biblical, instead it is from an old Jewish tradition that wrongly believes our flesh bodies in the ground are resurrected, when Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 15 clearly revealed that is not true. It is our SPIRIT BODY that is raised from our flesh body at death, or on the "last trump".

And what is strange about that false fleshy tradition from the Jews, is that Solomon in Ecclesiastes 12 revealed that our 'spirit' separates from our flesh body at flesh death, which also Jesus revealed in Matthew 10:28...

Eccl 12:5-7
5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God Who gave it.

KJV

Matt 10:28
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him Which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

KJV

Even the reason why the future casting into the "lake of fire" in Revelation 20 is called the "second death" is because the 1st death is the death of the flesh body. The "second death" is about the casting of one's spirit with soul into the "lake of fire". Flesh death is no more when Jesus returns in the future. The only death remaining will be the "second death", and that is what Lord Jesus was pointing to in that Matthew 10:28 verse with, "but rather fear Him Which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." The Greek for that word "hell" there is 'geena' from the Hebrew Hinnom, a valley outside Jerusalem that served as a perpetual burning garbage pit. Lord Jesus used it as a symbol for the future "lake of fire" destruction.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well thank you, I try to be holy. Satan can spiritually possess a human, as demons can. But it is not their own flesh. The charge, "Get behind me Satan" is given to the Satan, a spiritual fallen angel, not Peter. Satan was not possessing Peter, he was just putting doubts in his head. Peter didn't have a clue at the moment that he was being influenced by Satan. Capisce Einstein?

Reactions: Davy

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That of course is not Biblical, instead it is from an old Jewish tradition that wrongly believes our flesh bodies in the ground are resurrected, when Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 15 clearly revealed that is not true. It is our SPIRIT BODY that is raised from our flesh body at death, or on the "last trump".

And what is strange about that false fleshy tradition from the Jews, is that Solomon in Ecclesiastes 12 revealed that our 'spirit' separates from our flesh body at flesh death, which also Jesus revealed in Matthew 10:28...

Eccl 12:5-7
5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God Who gave it.

KJV

Matt 10:28
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him Which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

KJV

Even the reason why the future casting into the "lake of fire" in Revelation 20 is called the "second death" is because the 1st death is the death of the flesh body. The "second death" is about the casting of one's spirit with soul into the "lake of fire". Flesh death is no more when Jesus returns in the future. The only death remaining will be the "second death", and that is what Lord Jesus was pointing to in that Matthew 10:28 verse with, "but rather fear Him Which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." The Greek for that word "hell" there is 'geena' from the Hebrew Hinnom, a valley outside Jerusalem that served as a perpetual burning garbage pit. Lord Jesus used it as a symbol for the future "lake of fire" destruction.
Now you only have to convince Jesus He does not have a physical body.

I guess Adam did not have a physical body when he was created.

You obviously missed reading John 3?