Jesus' ASCENSION, and what actually occurred.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. When you use the word literary I think you mean literal. And yes, I intend my arguments to be interpreted literally. How do you want your arguments to be interpreted, in Esperanto? If you are trying to communicate in some other way than expressing your ideas in ordinary English you need to provide us with a concordiance.
No, I actually meant "literary."

You were making your case based on the words. I was not, but rather on His voice. There is no better way.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think so. The tendency of the flesh is not self preservation, but self destruction. There is nothing this flesh can do to preserve itself.

How humans were created on the 6th day is exactly how it was meant to be. Body, soul, and spirit. We will never be more than that in this or the next creation. Perhaps a creation will come along, when we will be more, or less, what we are meant to be. There is no Scripture that claims otherwise.
Ah, but there is a scripture...and it has come:

Matthew 5:48
Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
And that creation is fulfilled in this way:

John 4:24
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

John 3:3-17
Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”

10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

John 16:28
I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.”

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.​

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For these past two thousand years of the church age most have misunderstood what actually occurred when Jesus ascended into heaven (as opposed to what occurred at his resurrection from the dead on earth).

He did indeed raise from the dead, went through walls and locked doors, ate fish, walked and talked, and even felt like His former flesh to the touch--because He was flesh. But just as He could have at any time, even before He rose from the dead, prayed and brought down legions of angels--His resurrection was not the same as His ascension. They were two different and separate acts, different for a reason: because being raised from the grave is NOT the same as "going to the Father."

When Jesus said in the scriptures that "God is spirit"--no flesh is included. Flesh is of the world, created of the dust. God is not created of the dust, nor has He intended to be lower than He already is, as the world is lower. On the contrary, He is not lowered except in Christ for salvation, but rather we are to be lifted up--to be prefect "as He is perfect"--just the way He is--which "is spirit." And that is what happened at Jesus' ascension, that did not happen at His resurrection.

So..."all are raised up the last day" but all are not "going to the Father" as Jesus did.

Incidentally, in between these two [different] events is the Judgement. But back to Jesus' ascension:​

The understandable confusion that has caused most to consider these two different events as actually being one event although they were clearly two, believing that we go straight from the grave to the Father; and therefore we must surely be regenerated into a form of "glorified flesh" to live out eternity as Jesus did for a mere forty days between His resurrection and His ascension...is that the angel of the Lord said He would return "in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

Completely understandable, but wrong. Oh the angel was correct, just not fully understood. When the angel said "in like manner" both factors of His resurrection and His ascension are included. Which is the part that needs explaining, but was not, and has not been for all this time.

Why now?...Because now is the time of "the sounding of the seventh angel" of Revelation.
The explanation then, from two perspectives:

1) The "like manner" which the disciples of Jesus saw, was what Jesus foretold of "all who are born of the spirit." As it is written, "while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight." Unlike Jesus' resurrection in the flesh, Jesus was born of the spirit and therefore "out of their sight" just as it is with "all who are born of the spirit." It is this being born of the Spirit which makes Jesus "the firstfruits" (of the Spirit).

Thus, what the disciples saw was not actually what they saw, but what they didn't see but were told by Jesus beforehand and believed.

2) The "like manner" which the disciples DID see was what?...It was the like manner in which He would "so come" again. Which, yes, is in the form of flesh and blood...only not as it has been believed and taught, but again, as it was foretold by Jesus.

But, just as has been the case with His foretelling about "all who are born of the spirit" of whom He is "firstfruits"...the explanation is back in the gospels foretold but not yet fully realized. Which would not and could not be put together until the times are fulfilled, or things would not have gone the way that it was also foretold...that is, to include the believing of a "lie", "strong delusion" and a time of "great apostacy." Which is to the gentiles like the crucifixion is to Israel. Just as it is written, "For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either."

This then, is what Jesus foretold of Him coming [again] "in like manner"--that is "in" the flesh:

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
Just as the Holy Spirit descended like a dove upon Jesus and remained, by the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ "the firstfruits" has come and does come to "anyone [who] hears [His] voice and opens the door."

This is how Paul came to say, "for me, to live is Christ", and why he came to announce and reveal the mystery of marriage and that the church is the "body of Christ." Which, as Jesus said, we must "take, eat", for He also said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me."

"From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more." Just as it has been now for the longest time.​
Except for the time He would not let Mary touch him the Gardner because he didn't ascend to the Father yet but after on the road he did his feet and later Tomas.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' ASCENSION, and what actually occurred.
OP^

The mystery of God covered and uncovered.

From the beginning men could not see God.
God prepares a body for His Word in the likeness of an earthly flesh man. He is seen, He is heard, He mingles with men. He is called a man.
He is killed. He is resurrected. He is seen, He mingles with men. He is called Lord.

The ascension. He is raised up off the face of the Earth to the Clouds.
What is different?

Holy Spirits (angels servants of God), have Served God on Earth, from days of ancient history. They appear in the likeness of earthly men. Earthly men have seen them, talked to them, eaten with them...Yet knew they were not earthly men.

What is different?
Power exhibited of bodily movement. When angel spirits were seen by earthly men in the likeness of earthly men, they were not seen flying about through the air.
When Jesus was on earth seen by earthly men in the likeness of earthly men, He was not seen flying about through the air...
UNTIL...His Ascension.

Jesus’ seen body and Jesus’ Ascension demonstrated two things, to the eyes of earthly men.
1) Like angel spirits, God who is Spirit, can appear before the eyes of earthly men, in the likeness of earthly men.
2) God who is Spirit, with Power, unlike earthly men, can move about through the air via His own Power, that which natural earthly men can Not do.

And after 6,000 years of manKinds existence, with mans advances in all manners of science, still by his own natural willpower can not move his own body about through the air.

Jesus having come to Earth in the likeness as a humbled man servant of God; Left earth demonstrating before witnesses His Power to move his body through the air, (unaided with contraptions) While still appearing in the Likeness as an earthly man.

A PREVIEW, of How He shall return, being seen in the clouds. Yet in His second coming, He comes with His Full Power.

A PREVIEW, as well, of an expectation, of humbled earthly manKIND of servants, ability, manner, On the Day, they shall be raised up from the grave.

And the significance? Oh goody men can fly? No. The significance happens during the 1,000 year reign. When saints in the likeness of men as well have the Power movement ability, occupy Christ’ Jesus’ Kingdom, and earthly mortal men occupy lands, nations, outside of Christ’ Kingdom. Especially, at the ending of the 1,000 years, and Satan and Demons with the same movement ability are released from hell to again influence the mortal nations. The mortal nations shall come against Jesus’ Kingdom in the greatest ever world war.
*Mortal men with their devised swords, guns, explosive powers, soldiers, and whatever arsenal of means they have discovered in 1,000 years, falling to the powers of the Word of God and Abilities of Immortal men.
*And the powers of the demonic angels? As well a Great War in the air, with the holy angels with Word of God and great powers of God, defeat, subdue them and cast them down to hell forever.

Agree.
Resurrection is one thing. Ascension reveals Redemption, of being Risen Up WITH Supreme Power.

Glory to God,
Taken

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, but there is a scripture...and it has come:

Matthew 5:48
Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
And that creation is fulfilled in this way:

John 4:24
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

John 3:3-17
Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”

10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

John 16:28
I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.”

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.​
One has to start out in Adam's image. Did you overlook that point?

Only physical death will remove Adam's image.

Physical death does not remove the permanent incorruptible physical body made by God, given to all the sons of God on the 6th day. 2 Corinthians 5:1

"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle (Adam's image) were dissolved, we have a building of God (God's image) , an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of all people why a gardener, is it because they build gardens.
Because, as He said, “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One has to start out in Adam's image. Did you overlook that point?

Only physical death will remove Adam's image.

Physical death does not remove the permanent incorruptible physical body made by God, given to all the sons of God on the 6th day. 2 Corinthians 5:1

"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle (Adam's image) were dissolved, we have a building of God (God's image) , an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."
No, I didn't overlook it, I just picked up where most have gotten off track, which is the point of fully understanding what it is to be born again of the spirit of God (God being spirit).

Yes, "eternal in the heavens" which is that "like manner" not seen, but is the like manner of God whom is also "eternal in the heavens."

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone who testifies that "Christ has come into me" (sinful flesh) is the fulfillment and confirmation "that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh" 1 John 4:2.

Well, that's a strange statement! You think that Jesus coming "in the flesh" means that Jesus comes into us, who have sinful flesh?

Yet, if you ask most of them who have testified, if He has returned after going to the Father...they would deny it.

You think I should believe that Jesus has already returned? 2 Thes 2 rejects this notion.

But just imagine for the moment that your eyes were opened to the truth I have laid out for you and you began to consider all of the implications of these now historic and biblical facts:

How then would you answer the question of when Christ's return was and is? ...You would answer, as Paul explained that He comes "but each one in his own order" and indeed, He has "come quickly" and what He said about all these "things which must shortly take place" must also be true. Which is a sentence full of what most [shamefully] never believed. And that is just the beginning.​
The word "human" is not in the scriptures. The word just means: Adam.

I don't understand why you wish to not use the word "human," which is perfectly well suited for application to "man?" To say "each in his own order" is relevant here is not clear to me? Christ rose in his time, and we will rise in our own time. What's the significance in that?

To say Christ "comes quickly" again is not something that can already have happened. I quoted you a bunch of verses that apply this to the Kingdom that is still to come, and cannot yet have happened.

But what is your fear of being "disembodied spirits", and where does that come from? After all, God is spirit, whom we are to become One with, and He (including Jesus) has no problem manifesting a body at will.

The point is, God made His Son into a man, and he was designed to be the first among many other men. So we were not made to be "spirits."

All that you have shown here is that it was near 2,000 years ago during that generation that Jesus addressed, saying "Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation."

I believe Jesus was here talking about his own generation who would see the fall of Jerusalem by the Romans. That happened.

And none of those quotes negate what Jesus said of when His reign actually began:

Matthew 12:28
But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.​

No, I think my quotes do negate any sense that Jesus has returned or that his Kingdom has already come. There is no question that the Kingdom appeared on earth, in a sense, through the 1st Coming of Jesus. But it was not an eschatological Kingdom. Temporary Kingdoms reigned in Israel, but they were not the Kingdom of Heaven in its final form. That Kingdom is still yet to come.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand why you wish to not use the word "human," which is perfectly well suited for application to "man?" To say "each in his own order" is relevant here is not clear to me? Christ rose in his time, and we will rise in our own time. What's the significance in that?
Well, if we used the term "son of God", many would argue that meant angels.

The sons of God were the humans created on the 6th Day. God named one of them Adam and the rest is history.

If you accept a rapture, I think the sons of God were in part raptured prior to the Flood. I say in part, because I don't think they all rebelled, as they were still around after the Flood. Some say they held council on earth. I think they could come and go as necessary. Will that happen during the 1,000 year reign? Who knows?

Just like all will not rebel after the Millennium, but some will follow after Satan, like some followed after Adam's dead corruptible flesh.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For these past two thousand years of the church age most have misunderstood what actually occurred when Jesus ascended into heaven (as opposed to what occurred at his resurrection from the dead on earth).

He did indeed raise from the dead, went through walls and locked doors, ate fish, walked and talked, and even felt like His former flesh to the touch--because He was flesh. But just as He could have at any time, even before He rose from the dead, prayed and brought down legions of angels--His resurrection was not the same as His ascension. They were two different and separate acts, different for a reason: because being raised from the grave is NOT the same as "going to the Father."

When Jesus said in the scriptures that "God is spirit"--no flesh is included. Flesh is of the world, created of the dust. God is not created of the dust, nor has He intended to be lower than He already is, as the world is lower. On the contrary, He is not lowered except in Christ for salvation, but rather we are to be lifted up--to be prefect "as He is perfect"--just the way He is--which "is spirit." And that is what happened at Jesus' ascension, that did not happen at His resurrection.

So..."all are raised up the last day" but all are not "going to the Father" as Jesus did.

Incidentally, in between these two [different] events is the Judgement. But back to Jesus' ascension:​

The understandable confusion that has caused most to consider these two different events as actually being one event although they were clearly two, believing that we go straight from the grave to the Father; and therefore we must surely be regenerated into a form of "glorified flesh" to live out eternity as Jesus did for a mere forty days between His resurrection and His ascension...is that the angel of the Lord said He would return "in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

Completely understandable, but wrong. Oh the angel was correct, just not fully understood. When the angel said "in like manner" both factors of His resurrection and His ascension are included. Which is the part that needs explaining, but was not, and has not been for all this time.

Why now?...Because now is the time of "the sounding of the seventh angel" of Revelation.

1) The "like manner" which the disciples of Jesus saw, was what Jesus foretold of "all who are born of the spirit." As it is written, "while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight." Unlike Jesus' resurrection in the flesh, Jesus was born of the spirit and therefore "out of their sight" just as it is with "all who are born of the spirit." It is this being born of the Spirit which makes Jesus "the firstfruits" (of the Spirit).

Thus, what the disciples saw was not actually what they saw, but what they didn't see but were told by Jesus beforehand and believed.

2) The "like manner" which the disciples DID see was what?...It was the like manner in which He would "so come" again. Which, yes, is in the form of flesh and blood...only not as it has been believed and taught, but again, as it was foretold by Jesus.

But, just as has been the case with His foretelling about "all who are born of the spirit" of whom He is "firstfruits"...the explanation is back in the gospels foretold but not yet fully realized. Which would not and could not be put together until the times are fulfilled, or things would not have gone the way that it was also foretold...that is, to include the believing of a "lie", "strong delusion" and a time of "great apostacy." Which is to the gentiles like the crucifixion is to Israel. Just as it is written, "For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either."

This then, is what Jesus foretold of Him coming [again] "in like manner"--that is "in" the flesh:

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
Just as the Holy Spirit descended like a dove upon Jesus and remained, by the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ "the firstfruits" has come and does come to "anyone [who] hears [His] voice and opens the door."

This is how Paul came to say, "for me, to live is Christ", and why he came to announce and reveal the mystery of marriage and that the church is the "body of Christ." Which, as Jesus said, we must "take, eat", for He also said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me."

"From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more." Just as it has been now for the longest time.​
"You must be born again" is not an exhortation to die physically and pop out of the spiritual womb. And spirit doesn't need "a place prepared" for us.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You must be born again" is not an exhortation to die physically and pop out of the spiritual womb. And spirit doesn't need "a place prepared" for us.
The term "place" was spoken to men in worldly terms who "could not bear" anything more at the time. John 16:12 The kingdom of God was also referred to as a place ("above"), but clarified to be "within you." None of which seems to have impressed upon you that the words are rather spirit...and therefore you are arguing against the spirit, which is the very essences of God.

I am speaking of heavenly things, but you appear not to be able to bear such things as well, as was also the case with Nicodemus. John 3:12

How can I explain in spirit and in truth, if you do not recognize it?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term "place" was spoken to men in worldly terms who "could not bear" anything more at the time. John 16:12 The kingdom of God was also referred to as a place ("above"), but clarified to be "within you." None of which seems to have impressed upon you that the words are rather spirit...and therefore you are arguing against the spirit, which is the very essences of God.

I am speaking of heavenly things, but you appear not to be able to bear such things as well, as was also the case with Nicodemus. John 3:12

How can I explain in spirit and in truth, if you do not recognize it?
Or, you're suffering strong delusion and just clueless.
The verses you quote are entirely misapplied.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or, you're suffering strong delusion and just clueless.
The verses you quote are entirely misapplied.
It would appear that you do not know that the Spirit does not "misapply", but selects from what is written where it was not before known to apply.

"Delusion" is rather that unknown that was before it was revealed.​

I have told you the truth.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would appear that you do not know that the Spirit does not "misapply", but selects from what is written where it was not before known to apply.

"Delusion" is rather that unknown that was before it was revealed.​

I have told you the truth.
Your Spirit, the Spirit of error, misapplies scripture all the time to draw people away from the truth in Christ Jesus.
The Holy Spirit can cast that spirit out of you and give you new life in Christ Jesus if you repent of your sin, trust Jesus' blood as sufficient for the propitiation of sin, and commit your life to Him.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Spirit, the Spirit of error, misapplies scripture all the time to draw people away from the truth in Christ Jesus.
That is a lie. Tell it to your father.

What is this...three threads now that you are calling good evil and evil good?
God is not mocked.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a lie. Tell it to your father.

What is this...three threads now that you are calling good evil and evil good?
God is not mocked.
God isn't stupid or deceived either. Your days are numbered by your teaching. Repent and turn to Christ for salvation.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where do you get this stuff? You are confused and trying to teach others.

Jesus' resurrection was the First Resurrection of a dead body into a New Spirit Body. As our bodies will be translated/transformed into our new eternal bodies, His was the first. We will have this new spirit body capable of ascending and descending, appearing and disappearing ( as angels do and as He did). This spirit body is capable of going in and out of a physical realm, it is a multi-demensional body, a body that can appear in flesh and back into the spirit realm.
As Enoch111 said, He ascended first after Mary witnessed him alive after his resurrection and tried to cling to him. He said, "Do not cling to me for I have not yet ascended to my Father but go and tell the others I have risen and that I will meet them later." (paraphrased)
He made about ten visitations during the forty days, appearing and vanishing. He did not remains with them for days or weeks at a time - unless I missed something? Show me. So the implication here is that whenever He wasn't on earth during this time, He was with His Father in heaven. He said my Father has given me all authority on earth and in heaven ( before his witnessed and final ascension) so this confirms he already saw Him and was glorified, (given what He had before He be Me a man). What did you think He did, walk 70 miles from Jerusalem to The Sea of Galilee to meet the disciples (a 3 days journey) and then back to Jerusalem? He appeared and disappeared out of the heavenly realm. You can say He flew there in a moments time, a thought as He could have gone to the moon in seconds and back into the spiritual realm. This spirit body is not confined to the laws of physics: distances, matter, time, etc. It functions in both realms.
When He ascended ( as angels come and go), He remained visible for our sake, to see him go up _ in the clouds _ into heaven. That's all, don't read into it to mean something else. It's a simply statement of fact that Jesus went from earth to heaven one location to another. Jesus went up in the air with the clouds as you saw him go and will return in like manner - when every eye sees Him.