Jesus Christ is Almighty God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prophecy in Deuteronomy 32:21, alluded to in Romans 11:13 about the Gentiles being received by God, says it's the same God doing the marrying.

Alluded to? That is supposed to supersede 1C, many times Adonai alone is God + 10,000 singular pronouns referring to God?! What does a singular pronoun refer to, not allude to but refer to?

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject the trinity to this day."

Uh huh. Sure. Luke - who wrote a gospel and the book of Acts, was definitely not a monotheist JEW - in fact Luke wrote a good-sized chunk of the New Testament.

I doubt if author of Job was a Jew also.

I am tired of seeing the garbage in Wrangler's signature - guess put him back on Ignore.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alluded to? That is supposed to supersede 1C, many times Adonai alone is God + 10,000 singular pronouns referring to God?! What does a singular pronoun refer to, not allude to but refer to?
1. Is it your argument that this prophecy fails then? Is that how prophecy works--it fails? The Jews don't move God to jealousy by getting another god for themselves, and God doesn't respond by moving them to jealousy by getting another people for Himself? Paul isn't referring to this when he says "I hope to move my people to jealousy by magnifying my ministry to you Gentiles"?

2. Since you want a more explicit fulfillment, Paul is more explicit in Romans 9:23-26 and Jesus is explicit in Matthew 21:43. Again, it's the same God getting another people for Himself--and one relationship He has to His People is that of "Husband".

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Is it your argument that this prophecy fails then?

I’m not sure what prophecy you are referencing. However, the foundation of proper Biblical understanding is that the entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews, which Jesus was one, who reject the trinity to this day.

Of course, there are many prophecies in the Bible but none are about God incarnate.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not sure what prophecy you are referencing.
The prophecy and its fulfillment have already been cited many times--Deuteronomy 32:21, which comes true in Hosea 1:9, 10, and in Matthew 21:43, and in Romans 9:23-26 and in Romans 11:13.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, the foundation of proper Biblical understanding is that the entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews, which Jesus was one, who reject the trinity to this day.
1a. Trinitarians are monotheists.
1b. "Monotheistic Jews" : in the Scriptures you reference, God explains that His MO is that He reveals Himself in a process, little by little--eg, "I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself known to them."--so, God reveals Himself more and more as time goes on.
1c. "Two Powers in Heaven" : Trinitarianism is Monotheism, but it's just Monotheism in a way that was not explicitly revealed at the time--there were even ancient pre-Christian Jews who were "Binitarians" because of their groping to try to understand what was written in Scripture.
2. "Hear, Oh Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One Lord." : the word "one" there is not "yachid" (strictly, "one"--disallowing for the addition of any elements), it is "echad" which allow for the addition of elements ("complex unity")--in Genesis, for instance, the night and the day together formed the first day, and later on "the two shall become one (echad) flesh". So we're talking about a "complex unity".
3. I think you would enjoy this presentation

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is Spirit, not flesh. Ergo, God is not Jesus.

Opinion is not. Fact is Scripture says many times God alone is the Father alone. Fact is Scripture never days God the Son.
Nowhere does scripture state God cannot become man in fact just the opposite as it was prophesied God would do just that in the OT in several places . So once again you stand corrected .

hope this helps !!!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oy vey. You are lost. Jews are trinitarian now?

It’s like you have no epistemological foundation - beyond twisting everything to support an inherently contradictory idea.
I didn't say that. Why do you "twist everything to support" your view? If you're wrong, you're wrong--just accept it--but why would you misrepresent others' arguments to try to make it easier for your view to withstand scrutiny? You're not fooling me--and hopefully you're not able to deceive the other participants--you're only harming yourself. Humble yourself. Address the challenges to your views honestly, or else admit your error.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Luke was a monotheist Jew who wrote a good chunk of the New Testament.

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He must also have NO TIME to address Luke who was not a monotheistic Jew - Luke wrote a lot of the New Testament - keep bringing this up (maybe this Achilles has two heels).

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sure does say God cannot become man in 2 ways:
  1. God does not change = He does not become anything.
  2. God is spirit, not flesh.
Wrong as God remained fully God and His Divine nature remained immutable .

next fallacy......