Jesus Christ is Almighty God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews reject the trinity and refer to their belief in the nature of God as monotheism.
Well, I guess that's "game, set, and match"--religious Jews are never wrong! In fact, Jesus was wrong for lambasting them in passages like Matthew 15, right? Are you putting your right shoe on first every morning as the rabbis command?

Reactions: ChristisGod

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GracePeace - that be the point - Wrangler's sig says ENTIRE BIBLE was written by monotheistic Jews - LUKE

Reactions: GracePeace

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, well, sometimes NUTHIN can be a pretty COOL HAND.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His angels? That would be a God’s angels, right?

matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he has no answer to this objection--that God was Husband to His People

Such a desperate claim of victory. I addressed this twice before. In your last post, you introduced more verses than I had time Friday night to research.

Let me type this slowly so you might understand better... different people can get married and remarried. Not sure why you think this line of reasoning has any bearing on the matter at hand.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such a desperate claim of victory. I addressed this twice before. In your last post, you introduced more verses than I had time Friday night to research.

Let me type this slowly so you might understand better... different people can get married and remarried. Not sure why you think this line of reasoning has any bearing on the matter at hand.
1. I'm confident in my responses which anyone can read.
2. Desperate? No. Confident? Yes. LOL Also, I'm telling people to keep bringing it up.
3. First you said "what prophecy?" as if I hadn't provided the verses, then when I provide the verses "no time". I honestly thought because you went on to answers others after that you were running. I was wrong apparently. All right. You were busy on a Friday night. Good. We can resume now.
4. You said "anyone can marry and remarry". All right, so, how is this supposed to explain Jesus standing in God's place--ie, God is husband to His People, and Jesus is Husband to God's People?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4. You said "anyone can marry and remarry". All right, so, how is this supposed to explain Jesus standing in God's place--ie, God is husband to His People, and Jesus is Husband to God's People?
Keeping in mind that it's the same God in both cases, as this is God getting another People for Himself Dt 32:21, Hos 1:19,10, etc--all the passages already cited.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said "anyone can marry and remarry". All right, so, how is this supposed to explain Jesus standing in God's place--ie, God is husband to His People, and Jesus is Husband to God's People?

Jesus standing in for God, being our lone mediator to God is what the Good News is. Not sure why you think this profoundly proves Jesus is God. See Deuteronomy 18:15-18.

God selected this man because God is a consuming fire. So, the man Jesus insulates is from that.

Regarding ‘God’s people;’ I take it you realize the covenants refer to different groups. Old Covenant with God was Israel only. New Covenant with Jesus is Jew and Gentile.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus standing in for God, being our lone mediator to God is what the Good News is. Not sure why you think this profoundly proves Jesus is God. See Deuteronomy 18:15-18.
Oops! I didn't say He was "Mediator" I said Christ was "Husband"! Now, try arguing against my actual argument!

God selected this man because God is a consuming fire. So, the man Jesus insulates is from that.
Nope, doesn't work : the Moses and the Priests and the Prophets were all intermediaries and were not called "Husband" to God's People--the office of Husband to God's People is occupied by God.

Regarding ‘God’s people;’ I take it you realize the covenants refer to different groups. Old Covenant with God was Israel only. New Covenant with Jesus is Jew and Gentile.
1. No, there's overlap : many of those God was married to before Christ later believed in Christ. This is why Dt 32 says "rejoice with His People you Nations". Peter and Paul and many of the first thousands of believers were Jews.
2. How would this solve your dilemma? The same God has His People He is married to and Jesus is the Husband.