Jesus Christ The Great I AM

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
no, i asked if that was what you believed.
you (not me)

said Satan was the god of the Jews, Jesus was Jewish.

John 20:17
Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

you think this is Jesus saying He is ascending back to Satan?
Of course I believe Jesus when he said Satan was the god of the Jews. They killed the apostles and the prophets, not to mention Jesus. Only those who have Satan for their god would do that. Jesus does not have a god, he IS God.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Of course I believe Jesus when he said Satan was the god of the Jews. They killed the apostles and the prophets, not to mention Jesus. Only those who have Satan for their god would do that. Jesus does not have a god, he IS God.
i didnt ask you if Jesus said that, this is what i asked:

The god of the Jews is Lucifer see John 8:44.

Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

you think this is Jesus saying He is ascending back to Satan? 3rd time

and i am assuming you will continue avoiding and we both know why. we all know that Jesus, the 12, John B, and St Paul, who were all part of "the Jews" did not worship Satan. "the Jews" does not mean all Jews it means a very specific group of people within the Jews, in this case it was the temple leadership, they consisted of about half of one percent of the Jewish population.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i didnt ask you if Jesus said that, this is what i asked:

you think this is Jesus saying He is ascending back to Satan? 3rd time

and i am assuming you will continue avoiding and we both know why. we all know that Jesus, the 12, John B, and St Paul, who were all part of "the Jews" did not worship Satan. "the Jews" does not mean all Jews it means a very specific group of people within the Jews, in this case it was the temple leadership, they consisted of about half of one percent of the Jewish population.
NO. Jesus did not ascend to Satan. What a silly idea.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
NO. Jesus did not ascend to Satan. What a silly idea.
ok but you realize this idea is suggested by you right?

and yes i agree its a very foolish idea to suggest Jews worship Satan when Jesus was one of those Jews.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ok but you realize this idea is suggested by you right?

and yes i agree its a very foolish idea to suggest Jews worship Satan when Jesus was one of those Jews.
Yes, I agree it is foolishness to worship Satan. The sensible ones, the remnant, turned away from the worship of the god of one nation, now the rest need to follow on and leave their pagan trappings behind and turn to Jesus.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Yes, I agree it is foolishness to worship Satan. The sensible ones, the remnant, turned away from the worship of the god of one nation, now the rest need to follow on and leave their pagan trappings behind and turn to Jesus.

new Cristian doctrines such as doctrine of the trinity, which wasnt invented for hundreds of years after Jesus, prevents Jews from becoming Christians. they are only allowed to worship one Most High.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
new Cristian doctrines such as doctrine of the trinity, which wasnt invented for hundreds of years after Jesus, prevents Jews from becoming Christians. they are only allowed to worship one Most High.
first thanks in what you said, and is true, but at the same time interesting. this is what I mean, "is the LORD, all caps the most high?, and is the Lord, only the "L", is capitalized, the Most High? what you say?

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Satan has always been present since Adam and Eve and Satan is known as the impostor and the deceiver. Look at Strongs Concordance and you will see that Yah (H3050) in Yah-Hovah means "god" and if you look at the second part of Yahovah "Hovah" which is Strongs number H1942 you will see it means "eagerly coveting, falling, desire, ruin, calamity, iniquity, mischief, naughtiness, noisome, perverse, very wickedness."

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
At Revelation 3:14, Jesus says: "To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ceʹa write: These are the things that the Amen (or Jesus, see 2 Cor 1:20) says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God." And at Colossians 1:15, the apostle Paul writes: "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation."

And at Hebrews 1, Paul states: "Now at the end of these days (or Jewish system of things that ended in 70 C.E.) he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he (or God) appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things. He (or Jesus Christ) is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact representation of his very being (mirroring exactly how Jehovah God judges people, see John 5:22, 30), and he sustains all things by the word of his power. And after he had made a purification for our sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high (or symbolically Jehovah's right hand, see Ps 110:1)."(Heb 1:2, 3)

Now, why is it that people cannot distinguish that a son is not the same as the father, despite perhaps having several children themselves ? Something is amiss with their power of reason, and this is so because the Trinity doctrine can be likened to having a strangle hold on many.

If Jesus is God, then why did he pray to Jehovah ?(Matt 26:36-39; John 11:41, 42) If Jesus is God, then why did he say this: "What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him who sent me. If anyone desires to do His will (and not my will), he will know whether the teaching is from God or I speak of my own originality."(John 7:16, 17; Note: by the use of "or", Jesus clearly distinguished himself from Jehovah God, for he used the Greek word "e" that is "a primary particle of distinction between two connected terms", Strong's Exhaustive Concordance)

If Jesus is God, then why did he pray this just hours before he was executed: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you......This means everlasting life, their coming to know you (or Jehovah God), the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ" ?(John 17:1, 3)

If Jesus is God, then why did he say this: "For I have not spoken of my own initiative, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak. And I know that his commandment means everlasting life. So whatever I speak, I speak just as the Father has told me” ?(John 12:49, 50)

If Jesus is God, then why did he says this: "I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me, I speak these things. And the One who sent me is with me; he did not abandon me to myself, because I always do the things pleasing to him" ?(John 8:28, 29)
Agreed! And also, alongside what you already mentioned - what a strange sentiment to have if he was one of the three that devised the logistics behind the Redemption of man? Trinitarian theology, absolutely absurd from start to finish!

Mark 14:33-39
14:33. And He took with Him Peter and James and John, and began to be very distressed and troubled. 34. And He said to them, "My soul is deeply grieved to the point of death; remain here and keep watch." 35. And He went a little beyond them, and fell to the ground and began to pray that if it were possible, the hour might pass Him by. 36. And He was saying, "Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will." 37. And He came and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, "Simon, are you asleep? Could you not keep watch for one hour? 38. "Keep watching and praying that you may not come into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." 39. Again He went away and prayed, saying the same words.

Matthew 26:38-44
26:38. Then He said to them, "My soul is deeply grieved, to the point of death; remain here and keep watch with Me." 39. And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will." 40. And He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, "So, you men could not keep watch with Me for one hour? 41. "Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." 42. He went away again a second time and prayed, saying, "My Father, if this cannot pass away unless I drink it, Your will be done." 43. Again He came and found them sleeping, for their eyes were heavy. 44. And He left them again, and went away and prayed a third time, saying the same thing once more.

Last edited:

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
first thanks in what you said, and is true, but at the same time interesting. this is what I mean, "is the LORD, all caps the most high?, and is the Lord, only the "L", is capitalized, the Most High? what you say?

PICJAG

i am not an expert in old Hebrew, i use caps on the title out of respect for the Him, holy is His name.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am not an expert in old Hebrew, i use caps on the title out of respect for the Him, holy is His name.
first thanks for the reply, second, No problem, nor am I an Hebrew expert. but I'm not speaking of his Name, but his TITLE... "LORD", and "Lord". can you agree the Jesus is the "Lord", supportive scripture, John 13:13 "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am." well the Lord, Jesus say he is... Now, the Lord is the Almighty... Correct, supportive scripture, Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

so we clearly establish, the "Lord" is the ALMIGHTY... correct.

now, the "LORD", Genesis 17:1 "And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect." so the "LORD" is the Almight... correct.

now, two more, Isaiah 63:16 "Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting."

Isaiah 64:8 "But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand."

NOW, lets put it all together,

A. the LORD is the Almighty, and the Father.

B. the "Lord" is the Amighty, and the Son.

now what I'm asking is this, is this the same one person, who is the Amighty, (ONE), and holding two titles, or is this two separate and distinct persons who are the ALMIGHTIES, that is (TWO Almighty), seperate and distinct, each with his OWN TITLE?

which one?

we suggest you re-read this post carefully, so that you get a clear understanding of what is said.

PICJAG

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
first thanks for the reply, second, No problem, nor am I an Hebrew expert. but I'm not speaking of his Name, but his TITLE... "LORD", and "Lord". can you agree the Jesus is the "Lord", supportive scripture, John 13:13 "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am." well the Lord, Jesus say he is... Now, the Lord is the Almighty... Correct, supportive scripture, Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

so we clearly establish, the "Lord" is the ALMIGHTY... correct.

now, the "LORD", Genesis 17:1 "And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect." so the "LORD" is the Almight... correct.

now, two more, Isaiah 63:16 "Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting."

Isaiah 64:8 "But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand."

NOW, lets put it all together,

A. the LORD is the Almighty, and the Father.

B. the "Lord" is the Amighty, and the Son.

now what I'm asking is this, is this the same one person, who is the Amighty, (ONE), and holding two titles, or is this two separate and distinct persons who are the ALMIGHTIES, that is (TWO Almighty), seperate and distinct, each with his OWN TITLE?

which one?

we suggest you re-read this post carefully, so that you get a clear understanding of what is said.

PICJAG
hey 10g hope your having a good weekend.

IMO Most High, Father (context) and heavenly Father are the only title that are specific to the Most High.
Lord can be used lots of ways, their may be different ways to spell it and make the title unique but thats not really my area. dont know much about it and this knowledge area does nothing to peak my interest.
is the Son the Almighty? i dont know, maybe? i really wouldnt know. the prophetic titles are kind of a grey area. like book of revelation, you could go so many different ways with it. IMO its hard to make a concrete foundation with this.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey 10g hope your having a good weekend.

IMO Most High, Father (context) and heavenly Father are the only title that are specific to the Most High.
Lord can be used lots of ways, their may be different ways to spell it and make the title unique but thats not really my area. dont know much about it and this knowledge area does nothing to peak my interest.
is the Son the Almighty? i dont know, maybe? i really wouldnt know. the prophetic titles are kind of a grey area. like book of revelation, you could go so many different ways with it. IMO its hard to make a concrete foundation with this.
first, thanks for the reply, and second, hope you are too, having a great weekend.

but look, no need to answer, just think on what was posted, that's all. sometimes it takes a while to take it all in. so. enjoy your weekend... ok.

be blessed

PICJAG