Jesus In India

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Jesus visit India?

• Total voters

DavidLane

Oct 24, 2010
I have become fascinated with the early life of Jesus and have been exploring the evidence that Jesus spent many years in India and that much of his later teaching was based on ideas he was introduced to during those years.

Is anyone on this board interested in the topic?

If you don't know much about it a good introduction is the video Jesus in India. (http://www.jesus-in-india-the-movie.com/)

I would love to discuss the topic with anyone interested.

Peace,

David

charlesj

Sep 13, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I have become fascinated with the early life of Jesus and have been exploring the evidence that Jesus spent many years in India and that much of his later teaching was based on ideas he was introduced to during those years.

If you don't know much about it a good introduction is the video Jesus in India. (http://www.jesus-in-...-the-movie.com/)

Peace,

David

David:

Christ came to the house of Israel and preached to them and ONLY them during the time He was on earth. NO, He didn't go any other place besides returning to the Father after His resurrection.
He did send His apostles out starting at Jerusalem and then the gospel went out to the uttermost parts of the world. (Acts 1:8)

For the first eight or so years, the church (assembly) was made up of former Jews. Gentiles came into the assembly (Acts 10) later.

Your servant in Messiah,

Charles Jemeyson

[email protected]

San Antonio, Texas

Reactions: Stan B

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada

If you don't know much about it a good introduction is the video Jesus in India. (http://www.jesus-in-...-the-movie.com/)

Peace,

David

Many nations who have never really embraced Christ still try to make the claim they had him first (to teach him) and we (Christians) got him second (after he had been taught)

I have always found it interesting how hard those folks are willing to work to present a (different) Jesus , and work just as hard to avoid the (real) one presented in the Bible.

I do not know a lot about the early church growth in the continent of India, but I suspect it did not go too far. Same as Africa. That continent had the gospel first and did little with it. North American missionaries (and others) brought the gospel back to Africa in modern times and have had some success.

I do not know much about church history in India. Do you ?

Thanks
Martin

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Many nations who have never really embraced Christ still try to make the claim they had him first (to teach him) and we (Christians) got him second (after he had been taught)

I have always found it interesting how hard those folks are willing to work to present a (different) Jesus , and work just as hard to avoid the (real) one presented in the Bible.

I do not know a lot about the early church growth in the continent of India, but I suspect it did not go too far. Same as Africa. That continent had the gospel first and did little with it. North American missionaries (and others) brought the gospel back to Africa in modern times and have had some success.

I do not know much about church history in India. Do you ?

Thanks
Martin

Hello Martin,

Church traditions says that the Apostles Thomas and Bartholomew went to India and were martyred there.

In Christ,
Selene

Reactions: Stan B

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I prefer the western European account that Jesus may have visited Britain with His uncle Joseph of Arimathea. There's an ancient legend in Britain that called him Joseph the Tin Man, because Joseph was a trader in ores, and Britain was reknown in that time for its ores.

That makes more sense than the pagan accounts that say our Lord Jesus traveled to India and Egypt to be initiated into the so-called ancient 'mystery schools'.

The mystical fraternities would love nothing more than to fool its students into believing that Jesus was one of 'them', having been initiated into their 'mysteries'. In one shot that delegate the Ministry of Christ Jesus as The Only Begotten Son of God down to mystic holy man sage status, and as a FOLLOWER of 'their' pagan mystery schools of pagan initiation.

So yeah, just maybe Jesus did travel to India, or Tibet, or Greece, or Egypt, during The Bible's missing 18 years of His life, and participated in blowing the long horns of Tibet, meditating with the Tibetan monks to make mandalas, spin their prayer wheels in repetitous prayer, heed their doctrines of reincarnation, charm some snakes in India, fly some carpets in Arabia, and maybe even pratice levitation exercises and making objects appear and disappear!!! Afterall, aren't Buddha, Zoroaster, Muhammed, Krishna, etc., all equals to Jesus Christ?

No, they are not, and that's why Satan's host have promoted such ideas among the pagan mystery schools of occult initiation. It's so as to fool their students into thinking they can become their very own 'god', and by theirselves save their own souls.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Lymbic.
No one knows what happened during those 'lost' years when nothing was written about Jesus' life
and travels that "we" know of.
Apparently, there are writings about him in other cultures.

I take it for granted that, of course, Jesus traveled during his 18 years before His public mission began.
I believe He went to more than India.

Lymbic - we can share what we have heard or believe,
but, we will be peppered with naysayers between our posts.
I have no interest in convincing others where I think Jesus was or learning or saying in other
countries for 18 long years.

I just care that people love Jesus and follow His message. Whatever, someone believes about those 18 years is their right.
I will probably not read the posts I anticipate from people that are so sure of those 18 years and may be inflamatory.

I may believe some stories reported during those 18 years, but, I, naturally, don't "know". And am wise enough
to know I do not "know".

Maybe, He stayed right there in Nazareth and built structures with Joseph. Makes no difference to me what He did.
But I do have my logical musings about His continuation of advanced human studies from other civilizations that claimed advanced powers and understandings
as to the nature of this universe.

Remember Pharoah's men could also turn a stick into a serpent ---there has been much esoteric knowledge available throughout history.

I doesn't change Jesus and our love for him in any way - on the contrary it helps us understand and know Him better, imo.

I have a couple things I could share you may not have heard. Darn, I don't have a scanner - but we'll work it out.
:) Miss Hepburn

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At first, very briefly, I was intrigued/interested so to speak in the TITLE /topic.... However, just reading this far so far ....

Did you (pl, readers, visitors)
read where , in the Bible, Jesus got what He Taught , or rather WHO Jesus got what He Taught FROM ?
What Jesus teaching was based on ? (whose ideas? whose initiative ? the source?)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(important because Jesus teaches us (abiding in Him) to have the same source )