Jesus in John 3 has been debunked by Christians that disobey Acts 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that you have to have some dramatic experience in the new birth, but I did and the moment is indelibly etched in my brain. Do you remember the moment that you first believed the gospel and asked for His Spirit?

No, actually. :) I just remember falling in love with the word of God. I do remember being baptized in the Holy Spirit very clearly. That I remember well, but I didn't have a typical conversion like others. I simply decided that the Bible was the way I wanted to live my life, and soon entered into a very personal relationship with the God who wrote it, who then began teaching me daily what His word meant.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, actually. :) I just remember falling in love with the word of God. I do remember being baptized in the Holy Spirit very clearly. That I remember well, but I didn't have a typical conversion like others. I simply decided that the Bible was the way I wanted to live my life, and soon entered into a very personal relationship with the God who wrote it, who then began teaching me daily what His word meant.
OK, I have a similar experience in that I loved the Lord and His words at an early age, but didn't receive His Spirit until I was 39 and fully convinced that I believed the word and could be saved despite a lifetime of sin. The Lord changed my perception regarding His word in that moment and I learned how to see Him in the OT, which was difficult for me as a child. Some passages in Isaiah and the psalms were obviously about Jesus while a child, but other passages confused me and made me doubt.
Did being baptized in the Spirit change you in any recognizable way?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38, " Peter said to them, “Repent, and each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

What are you trying to say about a litmus test? There is nothing for Christians to follow here. I have repented, been baptized, and received the Holy Spirit. Over, said, and done.

BTW, I haven't seen litmus paper for years!
The litmus paper is here...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

It never changed, what's good enough for the 3000 at Pentecost is good enough for us today.

No additives or subtractions.

It must be in the name of Jesus Christ for the.....

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WARNING BRETHREN:
Don't worship signs and miracles, because the devil and his servants can do them too.

I researched the idea of what some call 'slain in The Spirit' with falling backwards on the floor, or someone catching them, and found NO... examples of believers in The Father and/or The Son as having done that. Instead, I found Scripture where Christ's enemies fell backwards at His presence (like the soldiers that came to arrest Him and asked for Jesus, and Jesus told them I am He). And per the video, we see that happening in eastern religion too, so what's up with that?

Is 'laughing in The Spirit' also a real sign from God? not really, for if you watch that video above, you will see that those of Eastern religions do it too. So what's the Biblical Holy Spirit doing among those Hindus producing that sign? Hmm... one should question that seriously.

And falling down on the floor and barking like a dog or various animals on all fours is yet another sign from ancient pagan religions.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WARNING BRETHREN:
Don't worship signs and miracles, because the devil and his servants can do them too.

I researched the idea of what some call 'slain in The Spirit' with falling backwards on the floor, or someone catching them, and found NO... examples of believers in The Father and/or The Son as having done that. Instead, I found Scripture where Christ's enemies fell backwards at His presence (like the soldiers that came to arrest Him and asked for Jesus, and Jesus told them I am He). And per the video, we see that happening in eastern religion too, so what's up with that?

Is 'laughing in The Spirit' also a real sign from God? not really, for if you watch that video above, you will see that those of Eastern religions do it too. So what's the Biblical Holy Spirit doing among those Hindus producing that sign? Hmm... one should question that seriously.

And falling down on the floor and barking like a dog or various animals on all fours is yet another sign from ancient pagan religions.
Signs and wonders will follow believers, but believers are not to follow signs and wonders.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3...7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth,(WHERE IT WANTS TO) and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth (BECAUSE IT IS NOT FELT, ONLY HEARD) so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Jesus was speaking to Nicodemus about Acts 2....

Acts 2... And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

It was not a felt wind but only the sound of a wind.

A "woosh" sound with no wind felt, which caused a crowd to run to observe this phenomenon.

This was a miraculous noise.

Jesus was telling Nicodemus that the Spirit filled born again persons would be found in Acts 2.... to come.

This means anyone that skips Acts 2 skips the born again experience.

Apostle Paul covered the various gifts of The Spirit in 1 Corinthians, and not everyone is given to speak the true cloven tongue of Acts 2. And that is per Apostle Paul...

1 Cor 12:4-11
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God Which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
KJV

And by the way, "divers kinds of tongues" means the gift with learning different languages of the world. There are some people that speak multiple languages, and I mean more than two. Many aristocrats of the past in Europe spoke Latin, Greek, and many of the languages of European nations besides their own.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I pick up from the OP's message, is the Pentecostal idea that if you don't speak the gibberish tongue they do, then it's proof you don't have The Holy Spirit. That is what many of them are taught anyway, and that theory also is against God's written Word, as I showed from what Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 12.

Those are only trying to exalt themselves as the 'true' Church, just like other Christian denominations also try to do.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostle Paul covered the various gifts of The Spirit in 1 Corinthians, and not everyone is given to speak the true cloven tongue of Acts 2. And that is per Apostle Paul...

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God Which worketh all in all.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
KJV

And by the way, "divers kinds of tongues" means the gift with learning different languages of the world. There are some people that speak multiple languages, and I mean more than two. Many aristocrats of the past in Europe spoke Latin, Greek, and many of the languages of European nations besides their own.

Simply amazing those who have never spoken in tongues are the authority on the subject.
You take the position the 120 in the upper room in Acts 2, which ALL spoke in tongues, is the gift of tongues as per 1Corintians.

The fact they ALL spoke in tongues warrants further investigation...

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

This was not the 1Corinthians gift of tongues, but rather the born again experience...

Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

After one has been born again is then able to receive any of the gifts of the spirit as per 1Corinthians.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You take the position the 120 in the upper room in Acts 2, which ALL spoke in tongues, is the gift of tongues as per 1Corintians.

No, I take the position that Apostle Paul presented about the subject, which is about known languages of the world. That what "divers of tongues" means, not a gibberish tongue which not everyone present can understand.

So you know where you can take your 'if you don't speak in tongues you don't have The Holy Spirit' rhetoric.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I take the position that Apostle Paul presented about the subject, which is about known languages of the world. That what "divers of tongues" means, not a gibberish tongue which not everyone present can understand.

So you know where you can take your 'if you don't speak in tongues you don't have The Holy Spirit' rhetoric.

If everyone present could understand then why the need for the gift of interpretation.

This is your reference of what Paul presented about the subject...
1 Corinthians 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJV

The gift of diverse kinds of tongues is one of the 9 gifts of the Spirit after being given the gift of unknown tongues.

Make sure you read chapter 14 in addition to chapters 12 and 13.

Many folks only read about the gifts but don't want the instructions to use them, because they want them to cease.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gift of diverse kinds of tongues is one of the 9 gifts of the Spirit after being given the gift of unknown tongues.

That of course is false, and does not align with what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 12 about divers kinds of tongues, which means KNOWN languages of the world.

And as I said before, the word "unknown" in the KJV phrase "unknown tongue" in 1 Corinthians 14 is NOT in the Greek New Testament manuscripts. The KJV translators ADDED that word 'unknown'. But I notice you sure do like to use it! No doubt because of the false prophets you listen to.

And what's even funnier, is how you used your made up phrase, "unknown tongues" (plural), just because I proved that Paul was pointing to "divers kinds of tongues" in 1 Corinthians 12:10. It's like you were trying to make your theory fit into what he said there about multiple languages, and that's really funny!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is your response to someone like me? I received my prayer language very shortly after I was healed in the hospital and have been communicating with God in the language that He gave me daily. I'm glad that my faith rests in God and not (false) human wisdom.

Reactions: amadeus

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: us reprobates that DISOBEY acts_2?...
is now Turned Into a fight about: "we have a heavenly prayer language" VS

those who "pray to God In OUR OWN language, (but He doesn't hear us)"?

Go figure...

GRACE And Peace...

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your response to someone like me? I received my prayer language very shortly after I was healed in the hospital and have been communicating with God in the language that He gave me daily. I'm glad that my faith rests in God and not (false) human wisdom.

As I have told others before, if you go somewhere and preach to a group that doesn't understand your language, and there is no interpreter, and you pray the group will still understand you, and the group present ALL hear in their language of birth, then THAT is the true cloven tongue of Pentecost. The cloven tongue is not defined by men's theories nor wild signs, but by the fact that when everyone present hears, they hear in their own language of birth. It is 'understood' by all present. That means you speak your own language, but it goes out to the group 'cloven' (divided) The Holy Spirit interpreting to each person in their own language. It is pointing to the original one tongue that all peoples once spoke prior to the tower of Babel incident in Genesis.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That of course is false, and does not align with what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 12 about divers kinds of tongues, which means KNOWN languages of the world.

And as I said before, the word "unknown" in the KJV phrase "unknown tongue" in 1 Corinthians 14 is NOT in the Greek New Testament manuscripts. The KJV translators ADDED that word 'unknown'. But I notice you sure do like to use it! No doubt because of the false prophets you listen to.

And what's even funnier, is how you used your made up phrase, "unknown tongues" (plural), just because I proved that Paul was pointing to "divers kinds of tongues" in 1 Corinthians 12:10. It's like you were trying to make your theory fit into what he said there about multiple languages, and that's really funny!
No, if unknown tongues per chapter 14 per Paul was a gift, then Paul would have listed it with the others.

You need to read chapter 14 carefully. It tells you that unknown tongues is your human spirit praying.

Does your human spirit pray in tongues as your carnal understanding of it is unfruitful?

If not, you missed out on praying via your spirit(the main reason one has the Holy Ghost).

I will include the verses if you don't believe me.

Reactions: Jim B

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Something to consider.. Reader

The Holy Spirit manifested in Acts 2.
Yet, "Jesus Breathed on the Apostles" in John 20, and said "receive ye the Spirit".
What is that?
That is Genesis, when God "breathed in Adam's nostrils" and Adam became a living Spirit.
See that?
That is the same thing....

So, that bible is interesting, isn't it? as John 20 is what happened before "the day of Pentecost was fully come".......as Acts 2.

In case you are interested.......each chapter of the Acts of the Apostles.....(not the acts of the christians, so dont get confused)..... each chapter is basically 1 year.
So, 28 Chapters, = 28 yrs.

Why does this matter? Its because, God kept on revealing more of the divine plan, after Acts 2.
For example, Peter became insignificant, and Jesus chose Paul to bring "The Gospel of the Grace of God" to the body of Christ and the world at large, as Paul and not Peter is the "Gentile apostle", and you are in the "time of the Gentiles".

This is why Paul refers to the Gospel of the Grace of God.. : as "MY Gospel"........He states this 3 times in the NT.

So, when you read the NT, realize that what Peter was doing, was based on all he knew at the time.

Later, Paul came, chosen as a "chosen vessel", not one of the 12, and God put him in charge of delivering to you, church doctrine, and most of the New Testament, which Paul wrote.... not Peter.
And if you read 2nd Peter......you'll discover that Peter had access to Paul's letter's and said they were SCRIPTURE>.....not just letters.
See that?
That is an Apostle, one of the 12........talking about Paul's letters, and stating that they are equal to the TORAH... at that time.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something to consider.. Reader

The Holy Spirit manifested in Acts 2.
Yet, "Jesus Breathed on the Apostles" in John 20, and said "receive ye the Spirit".
What is that?
That is Genesis, when God "breathed in Adam's nostrils" and Adam became a living Spirit.
See that?
That is the same thing....

So, that bible is interesting, isn't it? as John 20 is what happened before "the day of Pentecost was fully come".......as Acts 2.

In case you are interested.......each chapter of the Acts of the Apostles.....(not the acts of the christians, so dont get confused)..... each chapter is basically 1 year.
So, 28 Chapters, = 28 yrs.

Why does this matter? Its because, God kept on revealing more of the divine plan, after Acts 2.
For example, Peter became insignificant, and Jesus chose Paul to bring "The Gospel of the Grace of God" to the body of Christ and the world at large, as Paul and not Peter is the "Gentile apostle", and you are in the "time of the Gentiles".

Why is that Significant ? Its because Peter is not preaching the Gospel that we are to preach........as this came from Christ to Paul to you and me.

This is why Paul refers to it as "MY Gospel"........He says this 3 times.

So, when you read the NT, realize that what Peter was doing, was based on all he knew at the time.

Later, Paul came, chosen as a "chosen vessel", not one of the 12, and God put him in charge of delivering to you, church doctrine, and most of the New Testament, which Paul wrote.... not Peter.
And if you read 2nd Peter......you'll discover that Peter had access to Paul's letter's and said they were SCRIPTURE>.....not just letters.
See that?
That is an Apostle, one of the 12........talking about Paul's letters, and stating that they are equal to the TORAH... at that time.
Did the disciples have the Holy Ghost prior to Acts 1?...

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I have told others before, if you go somewhere and preach to a group that doesn't understand your language, and there is no interpreter, and you pray the group will still understand you, and the group present ALL hear in their language of birth, then THAT is the true cloven tongue of Pentecost. The cloven tongue is not defined by men's theories nor wild signs, but by the fact that when everyone present hears, they hear in their own language of birth. It is 'understood' by all present. That means you speak your own language, but it goes out to the group 'cloven' (divided) The Holy Spirit interpreting to each person in their own language. It is pointing to the original one tongue that all peoples once spoke prior to the tower of Babel incident in Genesis.

Interesting theory but I it's not biblical. And...and...and... That is too specific and isn't in line with the Bible.

There is no such thing as "the true cloven tongue of Pentecost". If there is, please give chapter and verse.

Finally, I "speak in tongues" -- my prayer language from God -- every single day. So I can't respect your theory.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth,(WHERE IT WANTS TO) and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth (BECAUSE IT IS NOT FELT, ONLY HEARD) so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Jesus was speaking to Nicodemus about Acts 2....

Acts 2... And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

It was not a felt wind but only the sound of a wind.

A "woosh" sound with no wind felt, which caused a crowd to run to observe this phenomenon.

This was a miraculous noise.

Jesus was telling Nicodemus that the Spirit filled born again persons would be found in Acts 2.... to come.

Acts 2 is not about being born again. And just as it wasn't my idea to be physically born; it isn't my idea to be spiritually born. Being born again isn't up to me, or you or anyone else.