Jesus in John 3 has been debunked by Christians that disobey Acts 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3...7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth,(WHERE IT WANTS TO) and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth (BECAUSE IT IS NOT FELT, ONLY HEARD) so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Jesus was speaking to Nicodemus about Acts 2....

Acts 2... And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

It was not a felt wind but only the sound of a wind.

A "woosh" sound with no wind felt, which caused a crowd to run to observe this phenomenon.

This was a miraculous noise.

Jesus was telling Nicodemus that the Spirit filled born again persons would be found in Acts 2.... to come.

This means anyone that skips Acts 2 skips the born again experience.

Last edited:

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth,(WHERE IT WANTS TO) and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth (BECAUSE IT IS NOT FELT, ONLY HEARD) so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Acts 2... And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

A "woosh" sound with no wind felt, which caused a crowd to run to observe this phenomenon.

Jesus was telling Nicodemus that the Spirit filled born again persons would be found in Acts 2.... to come.

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. [6] Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. [12] And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

When asked, What does this mean? Peter, standing up with the eleven, said "this" is "that" which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The "whoosh" sound may have been the Spirit showing up on the scene to fill everyone. Everyone was filled and spoke in tongues as the Spirit gave utterance.

I remember one Sunday morning at church, we have 15min pre-service prayer time. During this time folks were coming in and carried on in conversations. Others were using this time in prayer. I was praying and suddenly the Spirit came through the place like a freight train and those that were praying began to speak in tongues. The Lord spoke to me and said, "Go up front." I asked, "Why Lord, for what?" He said again, "Go up front." I went up front and knelt down before the platform. I looked around and had seen others that were up front as well. The Lord said, "Only those who have heard my voice are up here." I then looked behind me and seen so many were carrying on and completely oblivious to what just happened.

We ALL have the Promise of God...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. [39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Reactions: amadeus and Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. [6] Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. [12] And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

When asked, What does this mean? Peter, standing up with the eleven, said "this" is "that" which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The "whoosh" sound may have been the Spirit showing up on the scene to fill everyone. Everyone was filled and spoke in tongues as the Spirit gave utterance.

I remember one Sunday morning at church, we have 15min pre-service prayer time. During this time folks were coming in and carried on in conversations. Others were using this time in prayer. I was praying and suddenly the Spirit came through the place like a freight train and those that were praying began to speak in tongues. The Lord spoke to me and said, "Go up front." I asked, "Why Lord, for what?" He said again, "Go up front." I went up front and knelt down before the platform. I looked around and had seen others that were up front as well. The Lord said, "Only those who have heard my voice are up here." I then looked behind me and seen so many were carrying on and completely oblivious to what just happened.

We ALL have the Promise of God...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. [39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
That is an awesome testimony!

The Holy Ghost is the same today as yesterday.

I was slain in the Spirit and knocked off a couch, surrounded by light when I first met Jesus.

This Holy Ghost experience of Acts 2 is real.

Folks need to ask God for it, and not let their peers talk them out of it.

Reactions: amadeus

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is an awesome testimony!

The Holy Ghost is the same today as yesterday.

I was slain in the Spirit and knocked off a couch, surrounded by light when I first met Jesus.

This Holy Ghost experience of Acts 2 is real.

Folks need to ask God for it, and not let their peers talk them out of it.

That's it!
Jesus led the way.
The Apostles followed in his footsteps.
We must follow in those same footsteps to be where Jesus is.

Reactions: Truther

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus led the way.
Really? Let's test this, According To God's Pure and Holy Scriptures:
The TWELVE Jesus taught on earth obeyed ALL! – Do you, Precious friend?:

SELL EVERYTHING? Jesus Commanded in Matthew_19:21, Mark_10:21,
and Luke_12:33, 18:22! THE Twelve and Jewish believers OBEYED In:
Acts_2:44-45 and 4:32!!
+
Jesus Commanded:
obey MOSES’ Law?: Matthew_23:1-3 OBEYED Years Later! Acts_21:20!!

--------------- E-X-P-A-N-D-E-D!: ---------------
SELL EVERYTHING?:

Mat_19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt BE PERFECT, go and
SELL that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have
treasure in heaven: and come and follow ME.

Mar_10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him,
One thing thou lackest: go thy way, SELL whatsoever thou hast,
and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and
come, take up the cross, and follow ME.

Luk_12:33 SELL that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves
bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth
not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Luk_18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto
him, Yet lackest thou one thing: SELL ALL that thou hast, and
distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven:
and come, follow ME.

OBEYED?:

Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had ALL
things common;

Act 2:45 And SOLD their possessions and goods, and parted them
to all men, as every man had need.

Act 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as
many as were possessors of lands or houses SOLD them, and
brought the prices of the things that were sold,

Act 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution
was made unto every man according as he had need.
-----------------------------------------------------
obey MOSES’ Law?: Matthew_23:1-3:

Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to His disciples, Saying,
The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: ALL therefore
whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do
not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Years later!:

Act 21:20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and
said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of
Jews there are which believe
; and they are ALL zealous of The Law:
--------------------------
IF you haven't OBEYED, then HOW are you going "to be where Jesus is"?

Be Blessed...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's it!
Jesus led the way.
Amen, we must obey Acts 2 at all costs.

Reactions: Abigail

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it IS VERY COSTLY to Disobey 1 Corinthians 15 : 3-4 and Ephesians 2 : 8-9
KJB! God's FREE Gift of ETERNAL Life
depends on OBEYING THEM at all costs!!!

Be Blessed!
You cannot skip Acts and go to the Epistles.

It does not work that way.

When Peter was asked in Acts 2, "what shall we do", he did not quote from the non existent Epistles that would someday be written to the saved saints.

He told the sinners to repent, get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and receive the Holy ghost to even qualify for the promises in the future Epistles.

The modernists teach the N.T. backwards.

Reactions: user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot skip Acts and go to the Epistles.

When Peter was asked in Acts 2, "what shall we do", he did not quote from the non existent Epistles that would someday be written to the saved saints.

He told the sinners to repent, get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and receive the Holy ghost to even qualify for the promises in the future Epistles.

The modernists teach the N.T. backwards.

That's a really good point.

Romans 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Galatians 1:2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Colossians 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a really good point.

Romans 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Galatians 1:2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Colossians 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Yes, the modern Christian has broken into the saints' mail room(housing the Epistles) and stole it. They created a counterfeit salvation. They read the saved saints' mail to sinners now. How creepy.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the modern Christian has broken into the saints' mail room(housing the Epistles) and stole it. They created a counterfeit salvation. They read the saved saints' mail to sinners now. How creepy.

John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, we must obey Acts 2 at all costs.

Unfortunately not everyone believes it, that's way we have literally THOUSANDS of denominations.
All these denominations are not of the Holy Ghost, they teach against one another.

Reactions: Nancy and Truther

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we have literally THOUSANDS of denominations.
absolutely, ALL with some variation/interpretation of all this Confusion about WATER!:

1) believe AND be baptized {i.e. immersion to contact their Christ's blood}?

2) immersion with a symbolic interpretation?

3) immersion ONCE in the "name of Jesus?

4) immersion THRICE in the "name of the Triune Godhead?

5) immersion {whether once or thrice} for "membership" in their traditional assembly?

6) sprinkling water on babies inducting them into religion washing away their original sin?

7) sprinkling water on babies inducting them into some covenant?

8) sprinkling water on babies inducting them into their parent's custody that they promise to raise them right? {into Mass Confusion?}

9) sprinkling water on babies, admitting that their ritual is UNscriptural, but "we do it anyway, because it is OUR tradition!"?

10) pouring water onto babies or adults for Whatever traditional reason religion "can come up with"?

11) immersion of young and middle-aged women 'similar' to worldly/ungodly 'wet t-shirt' contests?

12) immersion Discriminates Against ALL "those who CANNOT 'obey' this ritual" ie: the hospitalized, the bedridden, the homebound, the invalids, the traumatized, etc.

God is Certainly 'NOT the author' (1 Corinthians 14:33) of all this "carnal
DIVISION" which is similar to what Paul addresses in (1 Corinthians 1:9-17), Correct?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately not everyone believes it, that's way we have literally THOUSANDS of denominations.
All these denominations are not of the Holy Ghost, they teach against one another.
The only way and group can say they are God's church is to obey Acts 2:38.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way and group can say they are God's church is to obey Acts 2:38.

The birth of the New Testament church is found in Acts 2. God's church is alive and growing. Folks are entering into the kingdom daily, all around the world via Acts 2:38.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The birth of the New Testament church is found in Acts 2. God's church is alive and growing. Folks are entering into the kingdom daily, all around the world via Acts 2:38.
That's the Bible truth.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Provocative title there, Truther. LoL.

Listen, this is essentially what Jesus was referring to in His teaching to Nicodemus, only I think you have to rightly divide here. I don't believe the Lord ever intended the two experiences to be separated, i.e. receiving the implanted word and then receiving the outpouring in confirmation of it. I think what happened with Cornelius and his household was more the intention: They heard the word preached, fully believed it, and as a result, while Peter was still preaching the Holy Spirit came upon them and they began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave utterance.

But now, the problem is, the church HAS separated these two events into two different experiences in the life of the believer, and for many today, they teach that the outpouring isn't even necessary, or that it is just presumably received when a person believes, even though there is no supernatural conformation of it like in Acts.

Because these two experiences have now been separated out by much of the modern church, one has to ask, is a person still born again from above even if he does not receive the outpouring? My answer here is yes, he is, for Peter said we are born not of corruptible seed but incorruptible through the word of God, and there are other scriptural references to this same effect.

I think the teaching was intended to point Nicodemus to Pentecost, and I think it is still meant to do this. I just don't know that one can make the argument that no one has been born of the Spirit unless they have received the outpouring, for as Jesus also taught, "My words are Spirit, and they are Life."

God bless,
- H

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Listen, this is essentially what Jesus was referring to in His teaching to Nicodemus, only I think you have to rightly divide here. I don't believe the Lord ever intended the two experiences to be separated, i.e. receiving the implanted word and then receiving the outpouring in confirmation of it. I think what happened with Cornelius and his household was more the intention: They heard the word preached, fully believed it, and as a result, while Peter was still preaching the Holy Spirit came upon them and they began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave utterance.

But now, the problem is, the church HAS separated these two events into two different experiences in the life of the believer, and for many today, they teach that the outpouring isn't even necessary, or that it is just presumably received when a person believes, even though there is no supernatural conformation of it like in Acts.

Because these two experiences have now been separated out by much of the modern church, one has to ask, is a person still born again from above even if he does not receive the outpouring? My answer here is yes, he is, for Peter said we are born not of corruptible seed but incorruptible through the word of God, and there are other scriptural references to this same effect.

I think the teaching was intended to point Nicodemus to Pentecost, and I think it is still meant to do this. I just don't know that one can make the argument that no one has been born of the Spirit unless they have received the outpouring, for as Jesus also taught, "My words are Spirit, and they are Life."

God bless,
- H
Well, the fact is that all born again Christians must follow Acts 2:38 as their litmus test.

They must repent, be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins and receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost.

The Acts message to sinners has never changed, but people change.

Once folks refuse Acts 2:38, theology is born and the mish mash of false doctrine festers into false, non Apostolic religions.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the fact is that all born again Christians must follow Acts 2:38 as their litmus test.

They must repent, be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins and receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost.

The Acts message to sinners has never changed, but people change.

Once folks refuse Acts 2:38, theology is born and the mish mash of false doctrine festers into false, non Apostolic religions.

Acts 2:38, " Peter said to them, “Repent, and each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

What are you trying to say about a litmus test? There is nothing for Christians to follow here. I have repented, been baptized, and received the Holy Spirit. Over, said, and done.

BTW, I haven't seen litmus paper for years!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless,
- H
I don't believe that you have to have some dramatic experience in the new birth, but I did and the moment is indelibly etched in my brain. Do you remember the moment that you first believed the gospel and asked for His Spirit?