Jesus is Coming Again!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came across this in our morning reading,

James 5:7-8 KJV
7) Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
8) Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

And I was reminded of some on this forum who have said that Jesus comes again when we receive Him into our hearts, and to not expect an actual physical return.

I don't think James would have agreed based on this passage.

Or is James saying he's not a Christian yet? I don't think that's it. No, I think Jesus will physically return to earth.

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Jesus will physically return to earth.

That’s exactly what’s going to happen.

“Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.” (Revelation 1:7)

Reactions: pompadour and marks

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I came across this in our morning reading,

James 5:7-8 KJV
7) Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
8) Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

And I was reminded of some on this forum who have said that Jesus comes again when we receive Him into our hearts, and to not expect an actual physical return.

I don't think James would have agreed based on this passage.

Or is James saying he's not a Christian yet? I don't think that's it. No, I think Jesus will physically return to earth.

Much love!
Hi Marks,
I believe in the physical return of the Lord to the earth, however the section of James you have quoted relates to the judgement coming upon Jerusalem in AD70. He had taken up his position in Heaven at the right hand of the Father and now commandered the angelic host, but also controlled the Roman armies which would come against Jerusalem to destroy and scatter. If you need me to unpack it let me know.
Just to be clear Jesus didn't return literally but rather via the judgements poured out upon his wayward people.
F2F

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That’s exactly what’s going to happen.

“Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.” (Revelation 1:7)
Of course this is speaking post AD70 and relates to our future.

Reactions: pompadour

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
James 5 is encouragement to those in their time who were suffering terribly by the zealots and law men ....the true saints were to see in the judgment of A.D. 70, an outpouring of punishment on the Jews that would bring them relief from their widespread persecution. There are many references to this time in the NT but read 1 Thessalonians 2:14-16 for a start.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And some falsely believe He returned in AD70- preterism.
And some falsely equate the coming of Christ for His saints at the Rapture to the Second Coming of Christ with His saints and angels. So how could Christ come with His saints unless He had first come for His saints?

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands* of his saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. (Jude 1:14,15)
*Ten thousands = millions

It is quite amazing that shortly after the creation of Adam, Enoch (the 7th from Adam) was already prophesying about the Second Coming of Christ! And Zechariah also prophesied the same thing in Zechariah 14:5:
And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD [Yahweh] my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Notice here that Jesus is called "the LORD my God" just like Thomas said "My Lord, and my God". So how can anyone deny the deity of Christ unless they are either willfully blind or willfully ignorant.

Also Azal is "a place near Jerusalem" which means it could be the Mount of Olives, which will split in two when Christ sets His feet on it. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. (Zech 14:4)

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Notice here that Jesus is called "the LORD my God" just like Thomas said "My Lord, and my God". So how can anyone deny the deity of Christ unless they are either willfully blind or willfully ignorant.

Also Azal is "a place near Jerusalem" which means it could be the Mount of Olives, which will split in two when Christ sets His feet on it. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. (Zech 14:4)

Enoch, I couldn't allow this to go through to the keeper sorry!

Your reference to Zechariah 14:4... "The Lord my God shall come and all the saints with thee" — or rendered "Yahweh my Elohim" indicates Yahweh manifested in a multitude (which is the meaning of His name), even the multitudinous Christ. The character of the people comprising this host is revealed in the word "saints." They will comprise a body of people separated from the world, and dedicated to Yahweh, the honored and glorified members of those whom the Gospel has separated "out of the Gentiles, a people for His name (Acts of the Apostles 15:14).

Thomas understood the principle of God manifestation

Do you like the colour coding? I wanted to make the lesson real clear, so it wasn't missed!

Everything else in your post was spot on! No need for me to expand on Azal and the return of Christ with his Saints.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And some falsely equate the coming of Christ for His saints at the Rapture to the Second Coming of Christ with His saints and angels. So how could Christ come with His saints unless He had first come for His saints?

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands* of his saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. (Jude 1:14,15)
*Ten thousands = millions
If you could state the God was glorified in His Son just as Christ will be glorified in his Saints then you would have the complete picture.
2 Thessalonians 1:7-12

...again we are talking about God manifestation 1 Timothy 3:16 :Amen: