Jesus is Dead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you don't feel the love. Then what do you do? Nothing? Less than nothing? Something that's not love?

The love we are to have for one another is not necessarily a "feeling" as, that is worldly love. I believe the love that we are to have is to put others before ourselves, even if they are homeless and smell bad. We are to love the unlovable and help where we can...God brings us right into "good works" that He prepared for us to walk in: "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Ephesians 2:10
It's not a fussy wuzzy "feeling" like romantic love, or even brotherly or friend love...it is a sacrificial love and it WILL come back to you. But we cannot do this without the Love of Christ in us or we would be hypocrites. And, there are plenty of them in the world as well as the church.
I hope you find peace.

Reactions: Lambano and TLHKAJ

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The love we are to have for one another is not necessarily a "feeling" as, that is worldly love. I believe the love that we are to have is to put others before ourselves, even if they are homeless and smell bad. We are to love the unlovable and help where we can...God brings us right into "good works" that He prepared for us to walk in: "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Ephesians 2:10
It's not a fussy wuzzy "feeling" like romantic love, or even brotherly or friend love...it is a sacrificial love and it WILL come back to you. But we cannot do this without the Love of Christ in us or we would be hypocrites. And, there are plenty of them in the world as well as the church.
I hope you find peace.
There's more than 2 billion Christian's. Who have now become a protected group, who receives preferential treatment, who had so much time. Christianity is the dominant religion today (So much that it's abnormal to not be a believing Christian in politics) So who is persecuting you that much you're prevented from resolving much of the world's problems.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Do you think I want to know beliefs are humanities greatest threat to our survival? It seemed much easier when I believed. Because I didn't have to learn anything, and I didn't need to question what I believed was true.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's more than 2 billion Christian's. Who have now become a protected group, who receives preferential treatment, who had so much time. Christianity is the dominant religion today (So much that it's abnormal to not be a believing Christian in politics) So who is persecuting you that much you're prevented from resolving much of the world's problems.

Oh, I agree that the pulpit should have NOTHING to do with politics but, during the Regan campaign, his handlers saw how the Christian Evangelicals responded to something he had said and, the Republicans ran with it and still do till this day. they are their base.

What "preferential treatment" do you mean?

Far as persecution goes, we in the West have no idea what is coming upon us. Nothing good as far as I am concerned. Right now we are not at all persecuted. I hardly see name calling and picketing as being persecuted.

Do you put "faith" in anything? Money, power, prestige? A person?

BTW-There are over 2 billion "professing" Christians out there and, I would take a guess that most are false.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Oh, I agree that the pulpit should have NOTHING to do with politics but, during the Regan campaign, his handlers saw how the Christian Evangelicals responded to something he had said and, the Republicans ran with it and still do till this day. they are their base.

What "preferential treatment" do you mean?

Far as persecution goes, we in the West have no idea what is coming upon us. Nothing good as far as I am concerned. Right now we are not at all persecuted. I hardly see name calling and picketing as being persecuted.

Do you put "faith" in anything? Money, power, prestige? A person?

BTW-There are over 2 billion "professing" Christians out there and, I would take a guess that most are false.
You said "BTW-There are over 2 billion "professing" Christians out there and, I would take a guess that most are false."

So how can most of 2 billion Christian's have it so wrong? How do you or any other believer make a faith check just in case.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That's sad. The DJ on the Christian radio station I listen to says "The world is filled with nice people. If you cannot find one, be one."

I look forward to your future posts proving how you love in Jesus name. All glory to God!
When being good fails, be nice.

Reactions: Nancy

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See my beef with Christian's really comes down to knowing the Bible itself, and how it's used. It's supposed to be a mirror so we can see our imperfections (Not other people's) Because how can we assist anyone else with their flaws if we don't deal with ours first.

You mean, we forget what the One whom we follow taught, "How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother’s eye."? Yeah, we're guilty of that. I know I've done it. I got plenty of logs, and I know it. Some of my logs may be the same as yours; maybe we can sympathize?

I'll let you hold up that mirror up to yourself, privately, without me judging you. If you want to talk about what logs (or specks) you see, we can talk. Or not. Your choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You mean, we forget what the One whom we follow taught, "How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother’s eye."? Yeah, we're guilty of that. I know I've done it. I got plenty of logs, and I know it. Some of my logs may be the same as yours; maybe we can sympathize?

I'll let you hold up that mirror up to yourself, privately, without me judging you. If you want to talk about what logs you see, we can talk. Or not.
I'm doomed, I'm absolutely doomed. In a world full of believer's, it would be better that I die now. Always now.

Reactions: marks

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Hear words of your God.
Genesis 6:7 - Then the Lord said, “I will wipe off from the face of the earth mankind, whom I created, together with the animals, creatures that crawl, and birds of the sky—for I regret that I made them.”

Even though you believe God knows everything (Is the beginning and end) He still regretted creating human beings.

I understand why. I really can.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Didn't Jesus say:
"If anyone comes to me, and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters and yes, even his life, he is not able to be my disciple."

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im a bit confused why you’re taking your anger out on christians?? Also, to address what nancy said, just because a person claims to be a christian, doesnt mean they really are. False converts are a pandemic in the church.

Reactions: Nancy