Jesus is Dead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Human love is not to be trusted. Look higher.

Jer 17:5-10 Thus says the LORD: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the LORD. (6) For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, And shall not see when good comes, But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, In a salt land which is not inhabited. (7) "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. (8) For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit. (9) "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? (10) I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.
Those things, such as you are responding to, are said by people with their eyes closed, or so it seems to me.

Much love!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible" SClemens
Absolutely the most ignorant thing anyone purporting to knows the Bible could say.

The whole Old Testament points to the Jewish Messiah coming to earth and dying for our sins, and the New Testament reveals all the types and shadows of Christ found in the Old Testament, and fulfillment of prophecy regarding His dying for our sins

Jewish Christians call themselves fulfilled Jews, for that reason. The fulfillment of Judaism is Christianity.

Reactions: marks

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you think all those 5000 that Jesus had COMPASSION on and fed, were saved??

Nancy, in the OT, those scriptures are about taking care of their own “needy” ones...their fellow Israelites. Same with the NT scriptures, Christians are admonished to render aid to anyone who needs it, but especially to their own brothers. Today, doing good deeds through an agency that is paid to help the needy is not what these scriptures are talking about. The parable of the Good Samaritan is a great example, but there are so many hidden meanings in that story if you read it carefully.

It wasn’t just about a being good neighbor. The hero of the story was a hated Samaritan who was helping his fellow man who was in need of assistance. The ones who walked right by him were Jews who did not render aid because the man was stripped of his clothing. That means he was not identifiable as a fellow Jew and hence in their minds they were under no obligation because he might have been a man of the nations who were basically untouchables as far as the Jews were concerned.

The Samaritan didn’t think twice about the man’s nationality but simply saw a fellow human in need, felt compassion for him, and filled that need even at his own expense. This parable riled the Pharisees because the Jews were the villains of the story.

We too are to give assistance to those outside our brotherhood who might need it as Galatians 6:10 brings out, but to our brothers first. So if we personally see a need and we are able to fill it, that is what we should do, but when Jesus fed the multitudes, and they came back, he questioned them about whether they came back just because they got free food. You see it’s not about the physical need which Jesus filled, it was more about their spiritual hunger and the motive for them coming back was for the spiritual food. Jesus did not feel obligated to feed the people in an ongoing way. He gave them food because it was already three days that they had remained to hear him speak. (Matthew 15:32)

Those who are just content to receive the handout without even trying to better themselves, or to come to know God and his Christ, are not the ones we are to concentrate on. We are to “make disciples”, but if physical food is all they are after, then we will let the agencies fill that need. If we are to take care of our own first, then why do most of the churches not do this? When a natural disaster strikes, JW’s are usually first on the scene to render aid to their brothers and sisters. Their physical needs are attended to first as Jesus did, but their spiritual condition is always the most important thing, making sure that they receive the counsel and help they need mentally and spiritually at these times of distress.

Those who lead are under obligation to know their flock and to be ready at all times to take care of every precious sheep. A shepherd should be willing to make sure that all of his members are safe and cared for. How often we have been told that the churches do not care for their flocks the way we do. When we have finished helping our brothers, we will then focus on those who are getting no help from anyone else.
When a team of our brothers repaired an elderly lady’s house after a hurricane, she cried because she had no insurance and didn’t know where to turn for help. Her church offered her no assistance. She happened to be the neighbor of one of our sisters. The brothers repaired her home free of charge. We don’t blow a trumpet about our activities because we do not want people taking advantage of us. Sob stories are a dime a dozen when people want to exploit the system, as we find out after every disaster, people will use any excuse to gain what they are not entitled to, but often the genuinely deserving ones go unnoticed.
I know that is never the case among my brotherhood. We will give rather than take what we are not entitled to. We look after each other, as it should be.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do not run charities. We are a Christian body who takes personal responsibility to care for those who need help in becoming Christ's followers. We do it on an individual basis, according to need. That was demonstrated by Jesus' parable of the good Samaritan....see a need and fill it. True Christians help people to become disciples of Christ. We are not under obligation to give charity to those who often refuse to help themselves. There are no "rice Christians" in our ranks. Even Jesus questioned the motives of those who came a second time to hear his sermons.....he asked if they had just come for the free food....
Show me where Jesus said feed the hungry, etc, only if they deserve it.

Show me where you help disaster victims who are in dire need, or young children, or run clinics that help abused women, or help sex trafficked women and children - you can’t put the undeserving justification on those people.

That other poster who gave all those scriptures about helping those who need it, are right on the money.

Scripture also says if you know to do good in an area and don’t do it, it’s a sin.

Your spin and attempted justification for not helping those in need is duly noted.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, in the OT, those scriptures are about taking care of their own “needy” ones...their fellow Israelites. Same with the NT scriptures, Christians are admonished to render aid to anyone who needs it, but especially to their own brothers. Today, doing good deeds through an agency that is paid to help the needy is not what these scriptures are talking about. The parable of the Good Samaritan is a great example, but there are so many hidden meanings in that story if you read it carefully.

It wasn’t just about a being good neighbor. The hero of the story was a hated Samaritan who was helping his fellow man who was in need of assistance. The ones who walked right by him were Jews who did not render aid because the man was stripped of his clothing. That means he was not identifiable as a fellow Jew and hence in their minds they were under no obligation because he might have been a man of the nations who were basically untouchables as far as the Jews were concerned.

The Samaritan didn’t think twice about the man’s nationality but simply saw a fellow human in need, felt compassion for him, and filled that need even at his own expense. This parable riled the Pharisees because the Jews were the villains of the story.

We too are to give assistance to those outside our brotherhood who might need it as Galatians 6:10 brings out, but to our brothers first. So if we personally see a need and we are able to fill it, that is what we should do, but when Jesus fed the multitudes, and they came back, he questioned them about whether they came back just because they got free food. You see it’s not about the physical need which Jesus filled, it was more about their spiritual hunger and the motive for them coming back was for the spiritual food. Jesus did not feel obligated to feed the people in an ongoing way. He gave them food because it was already three days that they had remained to hear him speak. (Matthew 15:32)

Those who are just content to receive the handout without even trying to better themselves, or to come to know God and his Christ, are not the ones we are to concentrate on. We are to “make disciples”, but if physical food is all they are after, then we will let the agencies fill that need. If we are to take care of our own first, then why do most of the churches not do this? When a natural disaster strikes, JW’s are usually first on the scene to render aid to their brothers and sisters. Their physical needs are attended to first as Jesus did, but their spiritual condition is always the most important thing, making sure that they receive the counsel and help they need mentally and spiritually at these times of distress.

Those who lead are under obligation to know their flock and to be ready at all times to take care of every precious sheep. A shepherd should be willing to make sure that all of his members are safe and cared for. How often we have been told that the churches do not care for their flocks the way we do. When we have finished helping our brothers, we will then focus on those who are getting no help from anyone else.
When a team of our brothers repaired an elderly lady’s house after a hurricane, she cried because she had no insurance and didn’t know where to turn for help. Her church offered her no assistance. She happened to be the neighbor of one of our sisters. The brothers repaired her home free of charge. We don’t blow a trumpet about our activities because we do not want people taking advantage of us. Sob stories are a dime a dozen when people want to exploit the system, as we find out after every disaster, people will use any excuse to gain what they are not entitled to, but often the genuinely deserving ones go unnoticed.
I know that is never the case among my brotherhood. We will give rather than take what we are not entitled to. We look after each other, as it should be.

Quote:

The Jehovah’s Witnesses organization is a registered charity, which means they pay no income tax. Of the 86,000 registered charities in Canada, they rank 18th with more than $80 million in donations in 2016.

Charity Intelligence, an agency that monitors charities for Canadian donors, gives the group a D-grade because they do not provide details on how donations are spent.

“Jehovah’s Witnesses have a one star rating out of five stars. That should be a red flag to donors.

Unquote.

My my, the watchtower takes charity donations like the charities you disparage, and unlike good charities, have no accountability.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Quote:

The Jehovah’s Witnesses organization is a registered charity, which means they pay no income tax. Of the 86,000 registered charities in Canada, they rank 18th with more than $80 million in donations in 2016.

Charity Intelligence, an agency that monitors charities for Canadian donors, gives the group a D-grade because they do not provide details on how donations are spent.

“Jehovah’s Witnesses have a one star rating out of five stars. That should be a red flag to donors.

Unquote.

My my, the watchtower takes charity donations like the charities you disparage, and unlike good charities, have no accountability.
We know exactly where our money goes and we do not solicit money from the public, nor do we openly collect money at our Kingdom Halls. All donations are voluntary as the donor sees fit. Our elders are not paid and neither are all the volunteers who serve where there is a need after natural disasters......we don't need charities who are run by paid CEO's to do what a Christians should do without hesitation.

Being condemned by the world is nothing new for us...we expect the slander and we are accountable to God, not the world that you seem to want to serve....or to you. (John 15:18-21)

It seems as if you are very big on judgment Curtis......but be careful....Jesus was seen as a somewhat fanatical cult leader in his day too....it didn't make him wrong....just unpopular because he didn't agree with what the Pharisees were teaching and exposed them as hypocritical frauds. I wonder who you would have supported if you had been around then?

"As you judge, so shall you be judged"....I'll wait for Jesus' verdict, I suggest you do too.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Absolutely the most ignorant thing anyone purporting to knows the Bible could say.

The whole Old Testament points to the Jewish Messiah coming to earth and dying for our sins, and the New Testament reveals all the types and shadows of Christ found in the Old Testament, and fulfillment of prophecy regarding His dying for our sins

Jewish Christians call themselves fulfilled Jews, for that reason. The fulfillment of Judaism is Christianity.
well, i get why you might say that, but wadr i think it is a valid observation on the current state of "Christianity," which near as i can tell has very little to do with the Bible

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Maybe, the best cure for fleshyism?

Much love!
i dunno; of course i guess we all define Christianity differently, but broadly speaking it might be described as the search for immortality/heaven/afterlife? Which the Bible makes very plain will not happen

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dunno; of course i guess we all define Christianity differently, but broadly speaking it might be described as the search for immortality/heaven/afterlife? Which the Bible makes very plain will not happen
The destination isn't what makes up a Christian's life.
A Christian's life determines their destination.
You can't search for heaven out there somewhere.. you walk in heaven right here.
You are either in or out, you can't be both.

Reactions: marks and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The destination isn't what makes up a Christian's life.
A Christian's life determines their destination.
You can't search for heaven out there somewhere.. you walk in heaven right here.
You are either in or out, you can't be both.
Our Eternity begins the moment we surrender to Jesus.

Reactions: marks and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

If you are following any other government, then you need to turn around.
You are following dead people.

Hugs

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I define Christianity as a restored relationship with the Creator. Though the Bible makes pretty plain that this relationship doesn't end, and the life God gives does not end.

Much love!

Reactions: Renniks and Pearl

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I define Christianity as a restored relationship with the Creator. Though the Bible makes pretty plain that this relationship doesn't end, and the life God gives does not end.

Much love!
well i guess you and your sons will be here with me regardless eh