Jesus Is Jehovah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a plurality of the Three Persons in that One God abiding in us.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him......

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

God has made the New Covenant which believers are not to add or take away from with their filthy rags of righteousness by adding promises or covenants to it as if they are going to do any work of God in making themselves good & to do good by their merit or will power.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying God is One Person wearing three different hats as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost? Are you referring to Oneness Pentecostalism?

The Father is greater than the Son in that Godhead as it is the Father's will that shall be done. Jesus had prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane for the cup of dying on the cross be taken from Him 3 times but citing let the Father's will be done and not His own.

Then Jesus experienced that separation from the Father when He took our sins upon Himself on the cross & an unexplained darkness engulfed the earth as the sun & the light of the full moon went out for 3 hours.

Now since His ascension, Jesus is the Head of the Church as all power has been given unto Him ( Matthew 28:18 ) for why the Spirit of Christ seek to testify of Him thru us ( John 15:26-27 ) in seeking His glory and not His own ( John 16:13-15 ) per the will of the Father in honoring the Son as we ought to because that is the only way to honor the Father is by only honoring the Son & not the Holy Spirit in worship; John 5:22-23.

I believe the Father, the Son, & the Holy Ghost are 3 separate Witnesses within the One God for how God can establish a word in creation and to judge any one because He is not a hypocrite since as He commands men to do, so does He as the Triune God; Deuteronomy 17:6 & Deuteronomy 19:15 .

Although there are 3 Witnesses within the One God as each Person is God, only the Father's will be done and the Spirit of Christ is sent to dwell in us to lead us to testify of the Son to glorify the Son and that has to include worship and not just in ministry.

It is man that makes assumption about the Trinity that goes beyond scripture thinking it is okay to worship the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son when there is only one way to come to God the Father for anything in prayer, fellowship, and worship and that is by the only way provided, by His Son for why the only way to honor the father is by only honoring the Son; John 5:22-23 & Philippians 2:5-11

When you consider how sinners in the world worships spirits behind the idols and those who relate to spirits in the occult, the only way to call them to repentance in coming to God the Father is by coming to the only way provided and that is by the Son and still keeping coming to the Son in worship to avoid seducing spirits & the spirits of the antichrist that would take their eyes off of the Son in worship in cashing after them for a sign.

The real indwelling Holy Spirit Who never leaves us, would never lead us to do that for why there will be no spotlight on the Holy Spirit in worship. 1 John 4:1-6 reproves any visitations of spirits as not the Holy Spirit since He is in us always, and why testing the tongues they bring because if it is gibberish nonsense for why many believers that have gone astray are thinking God's gift of tongues are also for private use when it is the supernatural tongue of the world as found in the occult as gibberish nonsense per Isaiah 8:19, they should shun it & pray normally instead and no longer chase after them spirits to receive after a sign of tongues without interpretation or any other sign of confusion which God is not the author of.
God is not one person with hats at all, as far as we Humans are concerned, we can not come to know the Father ? but through his only begotten Son ?
Now the Son came for us all ? he is Emmanuel = God with us ? understand ! This is what we need ? one with us ! Humans ! nothing other ? just Humans !
We become one in his Body ? and he is the Head their of !

Now the Bible points out that Jesus is not concerned regarding that people do not believe that he was a Man :oops:? but that they understand the Holy Spirit and abide in this ? For this it the point ? That without the Holy Spirit one can not truly understand the fact that he was a Man anyway ? not to mention the Jews seen him in fact but this was of no avail ? and they heard him and this was of no avail !

So I have clowns say to me. I will believe him when I see him :rolleyes:. I have to laugh when I hear that trash ! what idiots ! The majority of Jews seen him that was in fact of no avail ? so as to one who makes such a claim is totally lost ! a imbecile !

So ok one can see that Jesus was set on ! in a most cunning way ? due to a religious ! and then hung up on a Cross ? Ok so what one could say ? Many others got the same treatment. And you know the rest of it ?

It points to our Sin ? The Stain of Original Sin, that is a curse on us all, but we can overcome, due to the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells in us, we are not under the delusions and deceptions of this world, we have a handle on such ! That we are not Slaves to Sin ! Once one is Truly born again.

Jesus points to such people who they are of ? Stephen pointed them out totally and they killed him ! Not to mention they killed all of Gods Prophets ! They are the ones who took over the Vineyard with no regard to God ! And God kicked the bastards out of the Land ! and True Israelites became born again Christian, because they were worthy of Israel ! The Servants of God in fact ! Not the servants of Man like Pope Frances is ! The MSM call this devil the Peoples Pope ! = Mans Pope ? who is he serving in fact, This world ! :eek::rolleyes:

Reactions: Cooper

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"When you have seen me you have seen the Father." , " I and the Father are one."
Emmanuel, "God with us".

What is the God in the Old Testament if he's not the Father?

Reactions: Cooper

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"When you have seen me you have seen the Father." , " I and the Father are one."
Emmanuel, "God with us".

What is the God in the Old Testament if he's not the Father?
Hi @Abigail God in Three Persons is strongly present in Scripture. (End of Matthew 28; John's Gospel, esp. chs. 13 thru 17; Romans 8; John's First Epistle). Father, Son and Holy Spirit feature very prominently, One God in three Persons.

Reactions: Abigail

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Abigail God in Three Persons is strongly present in Scripture. (End of Matthew 28; John's Gospel, esp. chs. 13 thru 17; Romans 8; John's First Epistle). Father, Son and Holy Spirit feature very prominently, One God in three Persons.
Thanks.
The trinity story has never made sense to me. One in three.
Philippians 2:5-6 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thanks.
The trinity story has never made sense to me. One in three.
Philippians 2:5-6 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.
He - the Lord Jesus - is equal with God; He is God; He is nothing less than God.

In the passages cited, Father, Son and Holy Spirit are repeatedly present: all three Person are God Himself; one God in three Persons.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He - the Lord Jesus - is equal with God; He is God; He is nothing less than God.

In the passages cited, Father, Son and Holy Spirit are repeatedly present: all three Person are God Himself; one God in three Persons.
If Jesus was God and God is a spirit how are there a separate three in one? Everything that exists is created in him and through him. Even Jesus was him made flesh.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If Jesus was God and God is a spirit how are there a separate three in one? Everything that exists is created in him and through him. Even Jesus was him made flesh.
Philippians 2.6 indeed declares that the Lord Jesus is God. He is equal with God.

Hebrews 1.8 says: 'Unto the Son, He saith: Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever'.

John 1.14 says the Lord Jesus' glory is 'as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth'.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That we are not Slaves to Sin ! Once one is Truly born again.

Sometimes believers become slaves to sin when they try to overcome by keeping a commitment or a promise to do it when that is His work to do.

When religious Christians are about to quit, they should instead, turn it over to Jesus saying, "I acknowledge that I cannot do ii by keeping a promise. Please help me to trust You to do it and to rest in You that You will per your New Covenant to me."

Indeed, sinners that do not come to Jesus because they believe they have to clean up their lives first or to repent from all sins when they can't when sins has dominion over their lives, and so that is why they should know the other hope we have in Jesus Christ which is He also came to deliver us from our sins so we will no longer live in them.

Sometimes saved believers step away from their reconciled relationship with God and decide to want to live their lives first & have fun and unwittingly star running with the crowd and live in sin, reaping corruption. Unless they repent before the Bridegroom comes, Jesus will judge what that believer has built on that foundation, that defiles the man, and leave that believer behind at the rapture event to burn all that offends Him, off of that foundation so that all that remains is the foundation He laid as that seal of adoption will remain. The physical body shall be destroyed or dies ( 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 ) but the spirit is saved ( 1 Corinthians 3:15 ) as he shall be with the Lord in Heaven awaiting for his resurrection after the great tribulation.

This is what discipleship is all about in running that race as saved believers are to go on to perfection after salvation, but if any one runs that race to obtain salvation, then by how they run that race, is them denying Him as their savior for why He would deny them ( Titus 1:16 & 2 Timothy 2:12 ), though He still abides even in former believers ( 2 Timothy 2:13 ). This is why even former believers and professing believers that live in sin are called to depart from iniquity looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help them to do this because unfortunately not all saved believers heed His words to continue to abide in Him as His disciples ( John 15:1-8 & Luke 12:40-49 ) for why many are left behind for not being ready.

So it is not our place to judge who is truly born again, but who is abiding in Him as His disciple or when they are not for then they need correction by the scriptures and called to depart from iniquity with His help or else risk reaping corruption and even being left behind when the Bridegroom comes.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God is One. What you say is true, or as the hymn writer put it, "God in three persons, blessed Trinity". :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Christ4Me

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord Jehovah told Moses that He had appeared unto Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob as identifying as the God that is making this Covenant with Israel.

Exodus 6:1Then the Lord said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land. 2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them. 4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.

Jesus said that Abraham had seen Him in His day & that He had existed beyond that day as the I AM for why the Jews sought to stone Him for declaring He is God.

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Did Jesus lie? No. He did not. It was Him that Abraham had seen & not the Father as He has said so twice below.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Now here is the elementary conclusion that needs no rocket science to arrive at.

This means Jesus was the Lord Jehovah that men had seen in the O.T., and not the Father.

Thank you for sharing, but the scripture aligns as the truth in His words that Jesus is the Lord Jehovah that had appeared unto men.
Yes I've heard this all before, I still don't believe Jesus is God but the Son of God.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I've heard this all before, I still don't believe Jesus is God but the Son of God.

What harm is there for you to ask God the Father to help you see the truth that Jesus is God as well?

Look at this prophesy of the Lord Our Redeemer being sent by the Lord God & His Spirit in teaching us the way as Jesus taught us that He is the way.

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me. 17 Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sometimes believers become slaves to sin when they try to overcome by keeping a commitment or a promise to do it when that is His work to do.

When religious Christians are about to quit, they should instead, turn it over to Jesus saying, "I acknowledge that I cannot do ii by keeping a promise. Please help me to trust You to do it and to rest in You that You will per your New Covenant to me."

Indeed, sinners that do not come to Jesus because they believe they have to clean up their lives first or to repent from all sins when they can't when sins has dominion over their lives, and so that is why they should know the other hope we have in Jesus Christ which is He also came to deliver us from our sins so we will no longer live in them.

Sometimes saved believers step away from their reconciled relationship with God and decide to want to live their lives first & have fun and unwittingly star running with the crowd and live in sin, reaping corruption. Unless they repent before the Bridegroom comes, Jesus will judge what that believer has built on that foundation, that defiles the man, and leave that believer behind at the rapture event to burn all that offends Him, off of that foundation so that all that remains is the foundation He laid as that seal of adoption will remain. The physical body shall be destroyed or dies ( 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 ) but the spirit is saved ( 1 Corinthians 3:15 ) as he shall be with the Lord in Heaven awaiting for his resurrection after the great tribulation.

This is what discipleship is all about in running that race as saved believers are to go on to perfection after salvation, but if any one runs that race to obtain salvation, then by how they run that race, is them denying Him as their savior for why He would deny them ( Titus 1:16 & 2 Timothy 2:12 ), though He still abides even in former believers ( 2 Timothy 2:13 ). This is why even former believers and professing believers that live in sin are called to depart from iniquity looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help them to do this because unfortunately not all saved believers heed His words to continue to abide in Him as His disciples ( John 15:1-8 & Luke 12:40-49 ) for why many are left behind for not being ready.

So it is not our place to judge who is truly born again, but who is abiding in Him as His disciple or when they are not for then they need correction by the scriptures and called to depart from iniquity with His help or else risk reaping corruption and even being left behind when the Bridegroom comes.
Truly born again do not do as you claim.
One who claims to be born again does not mean that they truly are in fact. I know of plenty who make such claims and are Sheep in wolves clothing, they rant about the rapture 24/7 They are people with no hope ! the good old rapt-ie god of theirs will solve all the problems :eek: so they work for the Devil in the hope that they bring down the Hellfire ! But but but They will be raptured out of here before the Hellfire :rolleyes: Ha ha no they will reap what they have sown !
One can not work for the Devil and then claim that they did it all for the ends :eek: Because they did not have the gumption to serve Christ Jesus !

I can see straight through one who claims to be born again, I know their workings, they are full of themselves, they are clowns ! that's why they idolise the so called Jews, they are Devils ! looking the wrong way towards Mans works dribble and out right rejecting Jesus Christ !
The do not have any true faith is Jesus Christ, because if they truly did they would not be ranting and raving about Mans works and idolising Man ?

Oh look what we are doing in Israel ? it's all about such as this working of Man ! Look they claim ! but they do not have eyes to see or hear God ! they are on their own Mans works dribble 24/7 out of control with total insanity. They are bring it in :confused: ! what idiots ! Godless idolatry, for they do not know Jesus Christ in fact. They have another Jesus ! that's clear, they think that he is a man :rolleyes:. No Christ Jesus is the Holy Spirit and always was, as he is the Alpha and the Omega ! There is only one only begotten Son of the Father.
If one thinks that you are going to see Jesus walking about in the flesh you are not Saved ! you are Carnal in fact, fact is that one who makes such a claim is not worthy of Christ Jesus at all, because they do not know him at all.

Who is your Lord and Saviour ? Oh see him he is over their or maybe he is down the Pub o_O.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truly born again do not do as you claim.
One who claims to be born again does not mean that they truly are in fact. I know of plenty who make such claims and are Sheep in wolves clothing, they rant about the rapture 24/7 They are people with no hope ! the good old rapt-ie god of theirs will solve all the problems :eek: so they work for the Devil in the hope that they bring down the Hellfire ! But but but They will be raptured out of here before the Hellfire :rolleyes: Ha ha no they will reap what they have sown !
One can not work for the Devil and then claim that they did it all for the ends :eek: Because they did not have the gumption to serve Christ Jesus !

I can see straight through one who claims to be born again, I know their workings, they are full of themselves, they are clowns ! that's why they idolise the so called Jews, they are Devils ! looking the wrong way towards Mans works dribble and out right rejecting Jesus Christ !
The do not have any true faith is Jesus Christ, because if they truly did they would not be ranting and raving about Mans works and idolising Man ?

Oh look what we are doing in Israel ? it's all about such as this working of Man ! Look they claim ! but they do not have eyes to see or hear God ! they are on their own Mans works dribble 24/7 out of control with total insanity. They are bring it in :confused: ! what idiots ! Godless idolatry, for they do not know Jesus Christ in fact. They have another Jesus ! that's clear, they think that he is a man :rolleyes:. No Christ Jesus is the Holy Spirit and always was, as he is the Alpha and the Omega ! There is only one only begotten Son of the Father.
If one thinks that you are going to see Jesus walking about in the flesh you are not Saved ! you are Carnal in fact, fact is that one who makes such a claim is not worthy of Christ Jesus at all, because they do not know him at all.

Who is your Lord and Saviour ? Oh see him he is over their or maybe he is down the Pub o_O.

Why are those part of the vine in danger of being cut off from the vine when they stop abiding in Him & His words as His disciples? John 15:1-8

Why are there least in the kingdom of heaven that break the least of His commandments and teach others so? Matthew 5:19

Why are there vessels unto dishonor in His House that did not depart from iniquity? 2 Timothy 2:18-21

Although Jesus said there is no casting out of all those that come to Him, per John 6:37-40, there is a casting out from attending the Marriage Supper within that kingdom of heaven for not being ready like the ten virgins that are the kingdom of heaven but five missed out for not being ready, but still in that kingdom of heaven. Matthew 25:1-13

This is why Jesus is warning His disciples; not unbelievers because unbelievers are not His servants for why His servants are getting stripes for not being ready. The unbelievers are not getting stripes because they are not His servants unless they get saved after the rapture. Luke 12:40-49

Anyway, here is a scripture that testifies to why God warns saved believers not to sow to the flesh les we reap corruption & excommunication from the Marriage Supper in that kingdom of heaven.

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

This is why Paul says he could become a castaway if he yielded to the flesh in reaping corruption.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

That is why we run that race by faith in Jesus Christ to finish His work in us to His glory by looking to Him daily to help us lay aside every weight & sin ( Hebrews 12:1-2 ) to walk in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son. 1 John 1:3-9

Or else... run the risk of being a castaway when the Bridegroom comes to die left behind as their spirits will be with the Lord to await their resurrection after the great tribulation in becoming vessels unto dishonor in His House, vessels of wood & earth to serve the King on earth.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one should be wilfully ignorant about Bible truth and Gospel truth. Jesus is BOTH God and the Son of God the Father. That is as plain as day in the Bible.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one should be wilfully ignorant about Bible truth and Gospel truth. Jesus is BOTH God and the Son of God the Father. That is as plain as day in the Bible.

Only God can give them ears to hear & eyes to see as it is on Him to cause the increase.

It is easy to get frustrated when what is the plain truth in scripture to us is not seen by others that profess Him. We should thank Him that we do see the truth, and pray for others that God will help them see the same.

Usually it is an errant church's theology that can get in the way of seeing the truth in His words because they do not want to believe or cannot believe the church has steered them wrong, and yet each believer is to prove all things, even what they believed they had learn, with Jesus Christ to confirm the truth in His words to them.

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.....

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.