Jesus Is Jehovah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus could not witness of himself in words but he did it in another way by miracles. And because of that evidence, you need to accept that Jesus is the divine God with us.

I understand your application of your reference on how miracles testifies of Jesus, but I am pointing you to another reference for how the Father is counted as a separate Witness from Himself for how His testimony about Himself is also true.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. 15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. 16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. 17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting perspective; John's Gospel shows considerably how Father, Son and Holy Spirit work together in God's purposes of redemption.

Indeed, with all Three Witnesses of the One God in us is a true testimony from God that we are saved for why we can say God is with us.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Indeed, with all Three Witnesses of the One God in us is a true testimony from God that we are saved for why we can say God is with us.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
@Christ4Me Great verses there; and I have been struck in John's Gospel at how the Three Persons are portrayed as working in completely harmony.

Reactions: Christ4Me

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I understand your application of your reference on how miracles testifies of Jesus, but I am pointing you to another reference for how the Father is counted as a separate Witness from Himself for how His testimony about Himself is also true.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. 15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. 16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. 17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
You are pointing me in the direction of the Trinity. Father, Son, and of course the Holy Spirit, with Jesus proving he is God with us by healing the sick.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now that Jesus has ascended to Heaven to be at that throne of grace to answer all prayers since all power has been given unto Him and that He is with us always, how is that not revealing that Jesus is God?

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
I believe that Jesus is God in flesh.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No sir, Jesus is the Word, who was with God in the beginning of creation Jn 1:1. His God is Jehovah his Father, our God. Jn 20:17
God was the Father of Jesus, while Mary had a human father. This, is why Jesus did not say, I ascend to OUR Father. Instead, he said, "I ascend unto MY Father, and YOUR Father; and to MY God, and YOUR God." Jesus was divine, Mary was not.

So here we see a change in the WORD who humbled himself and became man by having a human birth, while at the beginning of time, He Jesus was the Word who created the heavens and the earth. As Col 2:9 says, “in him [Jesus] dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.”

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God was the Father of Jesus, while Mary had a human father. This, is why Jesus did not say, I ascend to OUR Father. Instead, he said, "I ascend unto MY Father, and YOUR Father; and to MY God, and YOUR God." Jesus was divine, Mary was not.

So here we see a change in the WORD who humbled himself and became man by having a human birth, while at the beginning of time, He Jesus was the Word who created the heavens and the earth. As Col 2:9 says, “in him [Jesus] dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.”

Jehovah is the creator Cooper, Jesus was called his master Craftsman, with the exception of himself, all things came into existence through Jesus and for him, but the title of creator is applied exclusively to Jehovah. Jesus was Divine sir, I agree as well as Mary was not. As you correctly stated Jehovah is his God.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jehovah is the creator Cooper, Jesus was called his master Craftsman, with the exception of himself, all things came into existence through Jesus and for him, but the title of creator is applied exclusively to Jehovah. Jesus was Divine sir, I agree as well as Mary was not. As you correctly stated Jehovah is his God.
Jesus is Jehovah (God on earth). Jesus is the master craftsman. God is One.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus the Master Craftsman

In the beginning, was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him, nothing was made that was made. (John 1:1-3 NKJV)

For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. (Colossians 1:16 NKJV)

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NKJV)

When He (the Word) assigned to the sea its limit, So that the waters would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth, Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman, And I was daily His delight, Rejoicing always before Him, Rejoicing in His inhabited world, And my delight was with the sons of men. (Proverbs 8:29-31 NKJV)

Notes
Proverbs 8:30 Here we learn that the Lord Jesus was the active Agent in creation. The NKJV correctly renders the first part of verse 30, "Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman. . . ." This agrees, of course, with Joh_1:3; Col_1:16; and Heb_1:2.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I thought that Jehovah was the God of the OT.
Or at least claiming to be ? but the Jews did not know God the Father in fact ?
Now fact is that no one comes to the Father ? get that ? But ! Through his only begotten Son !
Now the Name Jesus represents Salvation ? That's who he is ? He is our Saviour !
Christ as well ! and so he is our Lord and Saviour = Salvation for us, our Soul.
Now Jesus Christ is the Alpha and the Omega ! So he is in fact the Beginning and the End ? = God !

Now from our human perspective their are three ? in one ! The Father that proceeds from no one and the Son who proceeds from the Father and the Holy Spirit that is the key to you understanding it all, not to mention all 3 are one in the same but different identity's of the same.

Now our Lord and Saviour is also Emmanuel = God with us ? Ok so that means that he is just that, in the sense that he came for us and that it is he that is the Key to our Soul ? Now how does he win your Soul ? well he had to come to you in the what that he did ?
Jesus in the flesh did everything for our Soul. He is the Key to wake you up ! out of the delusions and deceptions we are poisoned with.

If one truly understands Salvation, then you can understand why all that he did was for you ! your Soul ! To connect with the Holy Spirit in fact and then from there it all comes together, Who we truly are ! Monsters ! due to the Stain of Original Sin ?

So we were the ones who put Jesus on the Cross ! That's out sin nature ? that did that ! because we are lead astray so easy by this world !

Remember the COVID Jabs ? and how easy it was for the powers that be of this world led most astray in this work of Satan ?

Now Jesus pointed out what this world is all about ? and that he was not of it ! not to mention why ! well it was because this world is full of delusions and deceptions ? that's a fact !
So Jesus came so that you, the truly Born again, would not be deceived or under the delusions of this world ? Christ Jesus is bringing in the Kingdom of God ! You abide in him and he in you ?

There is no contract ! God has no need for trash like contracts ! such as contracts is a worldly created thing for sick people that you can not trust ! That why contracts were created, No such exist in the Kingdom of God, because such Sin led people do not exist in such !
No trash people are in the Kingdom of God.

No one come to the Father but through his only begotten Son ! and without the Holy Spirit you can not understand all three are one in the same, all tho the three have different identity's in the same.
One can look at electricity understanding truly in how it works ? AC/DC and so on, they have different elements within, take one point out and it does not function. So to take out the Holy Spirit and one has nothing ! Take out Emmanuel ? the key "with us" who is our Saviour and Lord and one has nothing, but mans works.

Reactions: Cooper

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When He (the Word) assigned to the sea its limit, So that the waters would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth, Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman, And I was daily His delight, Rejoicing always before Him, Rejoicing in His inhabited world, And my delight was with the sons of men. (Proverbs 8:29-31 NKJV)

Notes
Proverbs 8:30 Here we learn that the Lord Jesus was the active Agent in creation. The NKJV correctly renders the first part of verse 30, "Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman. . . ." This agrees, of course, with Joh_1:3; Col_1:16; and Heb_1:2.

So the Father is separate from the Son as the Son was the master craftsman in creating the heavens and the earth for why the Father was delighted in His Son as the father gives His permissive will to His Son to do His acts of creation even though "They" along with the Spirit, are One God.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus came so that you, the truly Born again, would not be deceived or under the delusions of this world ? Christ Jesus is bringing in the Kingdom of God ! You abide in him and he in you ?

There is a plurality of the Three Persons in that One God abiding in us.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him......

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

There is no contract ! God has no need for trash like contracts ! such as contracts is a worldly created thing for sick people that you can not trust ! That why contracts were created, No such exist in the Kingdom of God, because such Sin led people do not exist in such !
No trash people are in the Kingdom of God.

God has made the New Covenant which believers are not to add or take away from with their filthy rags of righteousness by adding promises or covenants to it as if they are going to do any work of God in making themselves good & to do good by their merit or will power.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

No one come to the Father but through his only begotten Son ! and without the Holy Spirit you can not understand all three are one in the same, all tho the three have different identity's in the same.

Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying God is One Person wearing three different hats as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost? Are you referring to Oneness Pentecostalism?

The Father is greater than the Son in that Godhead as it is the Father's will that shall be done. Jesus had prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane for the cup of dying on the cross be taken from Him 3 times but citing let the Father's will be done and not His own.

Then Jesus experienced that separation from the Father when He took our sins upon Himself on the cross & an unexplained darkness engulfed the earth as the sun & the light of the full moon went out for 3 hours.

Now since His ascension, Jesus is the Head of the Church as all power has been given unto Him ( Matthew 28:18 ) for why the Spirit of Christ seek to testify of Him thru us ( John 15:26-27 ) in seeking His glory and not His own ( John 16:13-15 ) per the will of the Father in honoring the Son as we ought to because that is the only way to honor the Father is by only honoring the Son & not the Holy Spirit in worship; John 5:22-23.

I believe the Father, the Son, & the Holy Ghost are 3 separate Witnesses within the One God for how God can establish a word in creation and to judge any one because He is not a hypocrite since as He commands men to do, so does He as the Triune God; Deuteronomy 17:6 & Deuteronomy 19:15 .

One can look at electricity understanding truly in how it works ? AC/DC and so on, they have different elements within, take one point out and it does not function. So to take out the Holy Spirit and one has nothing ! Take out Emmanuel ? the key "with us" who is our Saviour and Lord and one has nothing, but mans works.

Although there are 3 Witnesses within the One God as each Person is God, only the Father's will be done and the Spirit of Christ is sent to dwell in us to lead us to testify of the Son to glorify the Son and that has to include worship and not just in ministry.

It is man that makes assumption about the Trinity that goes beyond scripture thinking it is okay to worship the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son when there is only one way to come to God the Father for anything in prayer, fellowship, and worship and that is by the only way provided, by His Son for why the only way to honor the father is by only honoring the Son; John 5:22-23 & Philippians 2:5-11

When you consider how sinners in the world worships spirits behind the idols and those who relate to spirits in the occult, the only way to call them to repentance in coming to God the Father is by coming to the only way provided and that is by the Son and still keeping coming to the Son in worship to avoid seducing spirits & the spirits of the antichrist that would take their eyes off of the Son in worship in cashing after them for a sign.

The real indwelling Holy Spirit Who never leaves us, would never lead us to do that for why there will be no spotlight on the Holy Spirit in worship. 1 John 4:1-6 reproves any visitations of spirits as not the Holy Spirit since He is in us always, and why testing the tongues they bring because if it is gibberish nonsense for why many believers that have gone astray are thinking God's gift of tongues are also for private use when it is the supernatural tongue of the world as found in the occult as gibberish nonsense per Isaiah 8:19, they should shun it & pray normally instead and no longer chase after them spirits to receive after a sign of tongues without interpretation or any other sign of confusion which God is not the author of.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So the Father is separate from the Son as the Son was the master craftsman in creating the heavens and the earth for why the Father was delighted in His Son as the father gives His permissive will to His Son to do His acts of creation even though "They" along with the Spirit, are One God.
Father and Son are only separated from our eyes by the flesh. If it were possible for us to see the Spirit we would see the Father in Jesus. God is One.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father and Son are only separated from our eyes by the flesh. If it were possible for us to see the Spirit we would see the Father in Jesus. God is One.

Since the request was made by the Word of God to the Father to make man after our image and after our likeness in Genesis 1:26 it stands to reason that the Father has an image and likeness for which we were created after. Jesus even said that those saints in Heaven will be able to see the Father to ask Him directly because He loves us and so we will not need Jesus any more as our Mediator to ask the Father for us in that day.

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. 24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. 25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. 26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: 27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. 28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Since the request was made by the Word of God to the Father to make man after our image and after our likeness in Genesis 1:26 it stands to reason that the Father has an image and likeness for which we were created after. Jesus even said that those saints in Heaven will be able to see the Father to ask Him directly because He loves us and so we will not need Jesus any more as our Mediator to ask the Father for us in that day.

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. 24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. 25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. 26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: 27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. 28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
What exactly are you telling me?