Jesus Is Jehovah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I pray, I pray to once person, God, my Father. I know no other Gods.

So you are saying you do not know Jesus then?

How do you apply this scripture below?

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

How can denying the Son as the Christ is the same thing as denying the Father unless Christ is God?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There can be many co-existing fish (persons) in the river of life. Who is at the fountain head? Jesus is at the fountain head. From Him flow rivers of living water. As the Word he created the heavens and the earth and when he came among us, the angel told Mary to call his name Jesus, even though he is "God with us." People change their name, have multiple names, but they are still the same person and the true God is unchanging whatever the name, and to deny Jesus is to deny the living Word. He is the same unchanging God, yesterday, today and forever.

Jesus Emmanuel is Yahweh with us
Yahweh, our Heavenly Father came among us in the image of a man in the Old Testament,.

If Jesus is the Father, why did He experienced that separation from the Father on the cross during that 3 hours of darkness?

Why was Jesus praying to the Father in the garden of Gethsemane, asking for the cup to be taken away from Him, but nevertheless He had prayed let the Father's will be done and not His own will?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying you do not know Jesus then?

How do you apply this scripture below?

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

How can denying the Son as the Christ is the same thing as denying the Father unless Christ is God?
I believe Jesus is God in flesh - Emmanuel (Matthew 1:23).

Reactions: Cooper

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If Jesus is the Father, why did He experienced that separation from the Father on the cross during that 3 hours of darkness?

Why was Jesus praying to the Father in the garden of Gethsemane, asking for the cup to be taken away from Him, but nevertheless He had prayed let the Father's will be done and not His own will?
It was in fulfilment of the Old Testament prophesies, one of which was Psalm 22:1 "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Other Old Testament prophesies Jesus fulfilled are these:-
1. Genesis 3:15.....Seed of a woman (virgin birth).....Luke 1:35, Matthew 1:18-20
2. Genesis 3:15.....He will bruise Satan's head.....Hebrews 2:14, 1 John 3:18
3. Genesis 5:24....The bodily ascension to heaven illustrated....Mark 6:19
4. Genesis 9:26-27...The God of Shem will be the Son of Shem...Luke 3:36
5. Genesis 12:3...As Abraham's seed, will bless all nations...Acts 3:25,26
6. Genesis 12:7...The The Promise made made to Abraham's Seed...Galatians 3:16
7. Genesis 14:18...A priest after Melchizedek...Hebrews 6:20
8. Genesis 14:18........A King also........Hebrews 7:2
9. Genesis 14:18...The Last Supper foreshadowed...Matthew 26:26-29
10. Genesis 17:19.......The Seed of Isaac.......Romans. 9:7
11. Genesis 21:12 …Seed of Isaac…Romans 9:7, Hebrews 11:18
12. Genesis 22:8...The Lamb of God promised...John 1:29
13. Genesis 22:18...As Isaac's seed, will bless all nations...Galatians 3:16
14. Genesis26:2-5..The Seed of Isaac promised as the Redeemer..Hebrews11:18
15. Genesis 49:10...The time of His coming...Luke 2:1-7; Galatians 4:4
16. Genesis 49:10.......The Seed of Judah.......Luke 3:33
17. Genesis 49:10......Called Shiloh or One Sent......John 17:3
18. Genesis 49:10...To come before Judah lost identity...John 11:47-52
19. Genesis 49:10...To Him shall the obedience of the people be...John 10:16
20. Exodus 3:13,14........The Great "I Am".......John 4:26
21. Exodus 12:5...A Lamb without blemish...1 Pet. 1:19
22. Exodus 12:13...The blood of the Lamb saves Romans wrath...Romans. 5:8
23. Exodus 12:21-27...Christ is our Passover...1 Corinthians 5;7
24. Exodus 12:46...Not a bone of the Lamb to be broken...John 19:31-36
25. Exodus 13:2…Blessing to first born son…Luke 2:23
26. Exodus 15:2...His exaltation predicted as Yeshua...Acts 7:55,56
27. Exodus 15:11...His Character-Holiness...Luke 1:35; Acts 4:27
28. Exodus 17:6...The Spiritual Rock of Israel...1 Corinthians 10;4
29. Exodus 33:19...His Character-Merciful...Luke 1:72
30. Leviticus14:11...The leper cleansed-Sign to priesthood..Luke5:12-14; Acts 6:7
31. Leviticus16:15-17...Prefigures Christ's once-for-all death...Hebrews 9:7-14
32. Leviticus16:27...Suffering outside the Camp...Matthew 27:33; Hebrews 13:11, 12
33. Leviticus17:11...The Blood-the life of the flesh...Matthew 26;28; Mark 10:45
34. Leviticus17:11...It is the blood that makes atonement...1 John 3:14-18
35. Leviticus23:36-37...The Drink-offering: "If any man thirst." ..John 19:31-36
36. Numbers 9:12...Not a bone of Him broken...John 19:31-36
37. Numbers 21:9...The serpent on a pole-Christ lifted up...John 3:14-18
38. Numbers 24:8… Flight to Egypt…Matthew 2:14
39. Numbers 24:17...Time: "I shall see him, but not now."...Galatians 4:4
40. Numbers 24:17-19…A star out of Jacob…Matthew 2:2, Luke 1:33,78, Revelation 22:16
41. Deuteronomy 18:15..."This is of a truth that prophet."...John 6:14
42. Deuteronomy 18:15-16..."Had ye believed Moses, ye would believe me."...John 5:45-47
43. Deuteronomy 18:18...Sent by the Father to speak His word...John 8:28, 29
44. Deuteronomy 18:19...Whoever will not hear must bear his sin...John 12:15
45. Deuteronomy 21:13-23…As a prophet…John 6:14; 7:40, Acts 3:22,23
46. Deuteronomy 21:23...Cursed is he that hangs on a tree...Galatians 3:10-13

There are many more, but we can only post 10000 characters.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is not Jehovah, but the only begotten Son of Jehovah.
Jesus is also Jehovah in the Bible. In the King James Bible, YHWH is translated as LORD (small caps). This is generally pronounced as Yahweh, but sometimes translated as "Jehovah". And YHWH is used for BOTH God the Father and God the Son. In Exodus 3 it is used for Jesus (as the pre-incarnate Christ) who appeared to Moses as "the Angel of the LORD".

And when the LORD [YHWH = יְהוָ֖ה Yah-weh] saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I. (v 4)

And the LORD [YHWH = יְהוָ֖ה Yah-weh] said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows (v 7)

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God with us. The Bible says it.

Are you a reasonable man Cooper? I hope so, and I hope you desire to know the truth. How is God with us? Do you believe He literally came here? If you take that verse alone, then yes I would agree, but since Jesus himself said that God is a spirit Jn 4:24, and taking into account that God spoke in heaven at Jesus' baptism, in front of many witnesses, and recorded in His word the Bible, that God was definitely not here on the earth. So likely like myself, you do not think the Bible contradicts itself, so how is God with us?

You most likely can quote John 3:16 correct? Doesn't it really explain how God is with us, He did send His son to redeem mankind, would He do that if He was against us sir? In fact that verse tells how much He really is with us, He loved us so much, that He was willing to send His son to die for who? For us sir.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Jesus is God in flesh - Emmanuel (Matthew 1:23).

I agree but....

Who was Jesus praying to in the Garden of Gethsemane?

Why did Jesus voiced that separation from God the Father when He took our sins upon Himself on the cross for 3 hours?

Why did Jesus referred to the Father's witness to add to His own witness regarding Himself so that His own witness about Himself be true?

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. 15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. 16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. 17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

The One God has a plurality within the One God for why there are 3 Witnesses within the One God for God's witness to be true by His words.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you a reasonable man Cooper? I hope so, and I hope you desire to know the truth. How is God with us? Do you believe He literally came here? If you take that verse alone, then yes I would agree, but since Jesus himself said that God is a spirit Jn 4:24, and taking into account that God spoke in heaven at Jesus' baptism, in front of many witnesses, and recorded in His word the Bible, that God was definitely not here on the earth. So likely like myself, you do not think the Bible contradicts itself, so how is God with us?

You most likely can quote John 3:16 correct? Doesn't it really explain how God is with us, He did send His son to redeem mankind, would He do that if He was against us sir? In fact that verse tells how much He really is with us, He loved us so much, that He was willing to send His son to die for who? For us sir.
Read my signature carefully and thoughtfully, and if you have any further questions, then get back to me.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was in fulfilment of the Old Testament prophesies, one of which was Psalm 22:1 "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

I understand that and agree but that does not explain why Jesus would say that if Jesus was the Father.

Since scripture testify that God raised Him from the dead, then Who is that God? I'd say there are Three Persons as in Three Witnesses within that One God.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree but....

Who was Jesus praying to in the Garden of Gethsemane?

Why did Jesus voiced that separation from God the Father when He took our sins upon Himself on the cross for 3 hours?

Why did Jesus referred to the Father's witness to add to His own witness regarding Himself so that His own witness about Himself be true?

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. 15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. 16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. 17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

The One God has a plurality within the One God for why there are 3 Witnesses within the One God for God's witness to be true by His words.
I believe Jesus, among other things, was setting an example for us. When he prayed to God, he did it to set an example for the rest of us.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I understand that and agree but that does not explain why Jesus would say that if Jesus was the Father.

Since scripture testify that God raised Him from the dead, then Who is that God? I'd say there are Three Persons as in Three Witnesses within that One God.
Where does it say 'if'?

I think it more likely someone who was struggling to understand it better might ask the question, "If Jesus Was the Father, Why Would He Pray to the Father?"

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

We need to keep hold of the fact that there is only one God. You have seen presumably the TV program undercover Boss. So if one week they featured Henry Ford, they would show him in his Big Office, and then in the next shot, we would see a man called John Doe sweeping the factory floor. The point being, Henry Ford had humbled himself, come down from his posh office and to all intents and purposes was no different from anyone else. ("But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men." (Philippians 2:7) If someone had pointed to John Doe and said "that is Henry Ford" they would be having the same conversation we are having now. "I don't believe it." At the same time the spirit of Henry Ford filled the whole enterprise.

Henry Ford, John Doe and the spirit of Henry Ford are One.

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Jesus, among other things, was setting an example for us. When he prayed to God, he did it to set an example for the rest of us.

And now that Jesus has ascended to Heaven to be at that throne of grace to answer all prayers since all power has been given unto Him and that He is with us always, how is that not revealing that Jesus is God?

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say 'if'?

I had asked the question with the word "if" in regards to your beliefs.

I think it more likely someone who was struggling to understand it better might ask the question, "If Jesus Was the Father, Why Would He Pray to the Father?"

Just pointing out how scripture is opposing what you believe; indeed your rephrased question still points out the contradiction for why it cannot be true.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to keep hold of the fact that there is only one God.

Yet God cannot testify of Himself or else His testimony is not true; a false witness by His very own words.

Changing "hats" does not cut it when His words requires of man not to judge any one by one person for why there has to be two or three witnesses.

Therefore your perception of God and your thinking of God as a One Person God is not consistent with what scriptures testify of the Triune God.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yet God cannot testify of Himself or else His testimony is not true; a false witness by His very own words.
Of course a criminal cannot give his own evidence. They had a right to expect his statement that he came from God would be confirmed by other evidence.

This evidence he gave in the miracles which he performed was the proof that he came from God. Later, He ascended back into heaven.

The same again.

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course a criminal cannot give his own evidence. They had a right to expect his statement that he came from God would be confirmed by other evidence.

This evidence he gave in the miracles which he performed was the proof that he came from God. Later, He ascended back into heaven.

The same again.

Scripture is referring to not having one witness in judging an accused criminal for why 2 or 3 witnesses are required.

Deuteronomy 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

Deuteronomy 19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

This is why God exists in 3 Persons thereby being 3 Witnesses within the One God for God to judge any one.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Scripture is referring to not having one witness in judging an accused criminal for why 2 or 3 witnesses are required.

Deuteronomy 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

Deuteronomy 19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

This is why God exists in 3 Persons thereby being 3 Witnesses within the One God for God to judge any one.
So Jesus could not witness of himself in words but he did it in another way by miracles. And because of that evidence, you need to accept that Jesus is the divine God with us.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Interesting perspective; John's Gospel shows considerably how Father, Son and Holy Spirit work together in God's purposes of redemption.