Jesus is Michael

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
every living being has a name--not the holy spirit. In writings about the holy spirit it says most times mentioned it is not as a living being. God inspired his word.
John 17:3-- Jesus assures one must know the one who sent him=Father as the only true God and know Jesus to get eternal life--Why not know the holy spirit as well to get it?
What is the name of the other angel that always comes with Gabriel?

John 17:3, I do not think you even understand what the text means when it calls the Father "the only true God". Perhaps you might listen to the texts I can share on it, about what that phrase means in context?

The Holy Spirit has several designations in scripture. Would you like to see some of them?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its in your bible to. You arent taught truth-100% fact--LORD all capitols is YHWH--Jesus is Lord not all capitols proving its your error not believing bible truth. ...
You are in error.

1. How many "LORD" are in this verse:

Gen 19:24: "Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;"

How about this verse:

Zech 3:2: "And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?"

How many "Lord" are in this verse?

1Cor 11:23: "For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:"

What about this verse?

2Tim 1:18: "The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well."

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:18
I don't think you can read properly. I also think you are dishonest, and self deceived.

Why do I say that?

You said,

"They didnt see the actual being. Moses saw a burning bush. Since the OT is clear--no man has ever seen God. You are in error."

I then specifically asked you,

"Where in the OT (Gen. to Mal.), does any text say that "no man has ever seen God"? I request the specific OT text please (Isaiah 8:20)."

Because of that, I said I do not think you can read properly.

However, I also think you knew exactly what you stated about the "OT", and what I asked of you regarding it, and you went ahead and presented a non-sequitur text in the NT, which doesn't even prove the point you hope for.

Because of that I said I think you are dishonest and self deceived.

Yet looking at your text,

John 1:18: "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

It speaks about the Father, even as John says else where,

John 6:46: "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."

In the OT several people saw God the Father, like Daniel in Daniel 7, when Daniel saw in vision the Father in Heaven, who is designated, "the Ancient of Days".

Yet, when John continues recording what Jesus said in John 6, it tells who has "seen the Father", all those who are "of God", as the Son, and people like Daniel, etc.

There is a lot more to this, but that is a short reply to your dishonesty.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its in your bible to. You arent taught truth-100% fact--LORD all capitols is YHWH--Jesus is Lord not all capitols proving its your error not believing bible truth. You probably dont even know-Every spot in the OT where GOD or LORD all capitols the name-YHWH(Jehovah) belongs. wicked men took it out and replaced it with GOD or LORD. Nearly 6800 spots. They had no right. Then the ones who didnt have enough love for God to put his name back had the audacity to condemn the ones who did put it back--out of darkness they condemn it.
I'll stick with Jesus as my Savior!

Reactions: DuckieLady

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every spot in the OT where GOD or LORD all capitols the name-YHWH(Jehovah) belongs. wicked men took it out and replaced it with GOD or LORD. Nearly 6800 spots. They had no right.
You are in error.

The translators (KJB) were simply following what every single writer of the NT did when they cited or referred to OT texts in the NT

Show me one Apostle, or disciple which wrote any portion of the NT, when they cited or referred to an OT reference of JEHOVAH, wherein they used that name as being transliterated into koine Greek, rather than use the koine Greek Kurios or equivalent.

Show one single Manuscript, Papyrii, Codice, Lectionary, etc, of the NT, written in koine Greek that uses a transliterated form of JEHOVAH into koine Greek.

"Wicked men"??? You just disparaged every single writer of the NT, and the Holy Spirit Himself, who inspired those writers to write and do what they did in translation from Hebrew to koine Greek when citing or referencing an OT text or passage wherein JEHOVAH is mentioned.

This text fits the JW/WTS and yourself, perfectly:

1Tim 1:7: "Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm."

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:18

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

That is only referring to man has never seen the Father, but man has seen the Lord in the O.T.

The Lord appeared to Abraham in Genesis 12:7, Genesis 17:1, & Genesis 18:1-8 was when He did eat & drank what Abraham had prepared for Him.

The Lord appeared to Isaac in Genesis 26:1-2 & Genesis 26:24

The Lord appeared to Jacob & they had wrestled face to face & Jacob still lived for why Jacob had called that place Penuel in verse 30 of Genesis 32:24-30

The Lord appeared to Moses in Exodus 3:2, Exodus 3:15-17, Exodus 4:1-8 & Exodus 6:1-4

This same Lord said He had appeared to all of these men;

Exodus 6:1Then the Lord said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land. 2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them. 4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.

Since that was not the Father that men had seen, then Who was this Lord that had appeared unto men to be seen of men?

Reactions: kcnalp

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every spot in OT Where GOD or LORD all capitols = YHWH--not Jesus--

Then explain Jesus's words here.

Jesus said Abraham had seen Him in His day before His incarnation as the prophesied Son of Man.

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

And why did Jesus said Moses had written of Him in scripture?

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life....

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

It says YHWH,s angel at Ex 3:2

You have to rectify verses 2 & 4 for why it was written in verse 4 that it was God that called unto him out of the midst of the bush rather than have it written as the angel that had called.

Exodus 3:2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. 3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt. 4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

The answer is found at the link.

Who is the angel of the Lord? | GotQuestions.org

What that link did not address was how scripture said plainly that the Lord that had appeared had eaten and drank with Abraham in Genesis 18:1-8 & how a man had wrestled with Jacob face to face and it was the Lord Himself in Genesis 32:24-30

So there are testimonies in scripture that goes beyond identifying Jesus as "the angel of the Lord" but also the very Lord men had seen in the O.T.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why does the holy spirit get 0. He doesnt have a throne, He doesnt have a name. He doesnt get a kingship. He isnt mentioned in the many important passages that God and Jesus are mentioned-Why?
Obviously, He gets zero from you! We are the Temple of the Holy Spirit. As the Holy Spirit occupied the Old Temples, He takes up residence in iur Temple if which you have no concept. Elohim is His name, the Comforter, the Helper, God, Who dwells in us. He glorifies the Son, teaching us all things in Christ, loves us, baptizes us, convicts us, sanctifies us. Hiw could He do thise things withiut a mind, a will, emotions, omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence?
A force does not love, dwell anywhere, think, guide, give gifts. A force cannot know anything.
Jesus is given the glory - even by the Father and all the angels. Our focus is our Jesus, utbus Gid's intention. Jesus has all authority in heaven and in earth. That requires all mighty power and knowledge and omnipresence. He is the AUTHOR OF OUR FAITH, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US. How is that possible unless you are God?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is symbolism-Israel religion is cutoff-Matt 23:38--spiritual Israel is now Gods chosen from every nation.
Another error.
Romans 11 states Israel (a remnant of the Jewish population - 1/3 = 5 million) will be saved.
When those fellas in Brooklyn or wherever they've relocated to, don't understand something or it doesn't work with their belief system, they render the passage symbolic and distort the meaning.
Each tribe is named in Rev. 7. When symbolism is used, specific names of real people or tribes are never used.
They have kept you duped, segregated from the Body of Christ.
They brainwash you into thinking that all of Christendom _ except the JW org. _ is led by Satan. They have created an illusion, a construct of negative criticisms against the Body of Christ, put a wall around your camp and forbid you to enter into any of our churches as if that would be sinful. You obey and stay away. The truth is, they are afraid to lose you. If you did visit a spirit filled church, you would be enlightened. They control you in many ways. This control is defined as cultic to just about all Christendom. Your religion is dysfunctional, almost dead with very little growth, lacking spiritually filled leaders. If the world was suppose to listen and receive enlightenment from your organization to get saved, and the best Gid could do is 8.5 million outbod 7.8 billion in over hundred years - thay would be a very weak God. No, in 1900, there were 500 million Christians and now 2.65 billion - that's growth - that is the power of God working through the Body of Christ. God is merciful though. He loves you and as He will enlighten the Jews, He will also enlighten you when Christ literally returns.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 14:3 I read of "redeemed" not "resurrected". A group is to be alive at Jesus' second Advent, and they are to be "redeemed" from the earth without seeing death. Again, please produce 1 verse which states that the 144k need a resurrection.

The 144k is in contrast to the other number, 200, 000, 000 (Revelation 9:16). John only "heard" their numbers, not saw their numbers. Heard deals with ears, and ears deal with parables or symbols.

It is not "literal" as meaning naturally only 144k individuals.

Even the 200, 000, 000 is symbolic. Do you know what it represents? I do with scriptures.

i neer saw a 200,000,000 in the bible
What is the name of the other angel that always comes with Gabriel?

John 17:3, I do not think you even understand what the text means when it calls the Father "the only true God". Perhaps you might listen to the texts I can share on it, about what that phrase means in context?

Its simple english. The apostles served the God of Israel, so did Jesus-a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah)

The Holy Spirit has several designations in scripture. Would you like to see some of them?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are in error.

Gen 19:24: "Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;"

How about this verse:

Zech 3:2: "And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?"

1Cor 11:23: "For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:"

What about this verse?

2Tim 1:18: "The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well."

LORD= YHWH

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to remove myself from this dicussion.

You all seem to really want the this to work, and I can see that

Normally, I can understand a discussion, but you're all jumping around so much like grasshoppers in the scriptures to tape things onto other things- to the point it is unintelligible, unless anyone wants to feel like they are decoding Jabberwocky.

We know the Father gave his ONLY Son, and as @friend of said Hebrews 1, it says right there in verse 5, plain as day, God never called any of his angels a son. That whole portion explains it.

Reactions: marks and friend of

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are in error.

How about this verse:

What about this verse?

Daniel saw visions it says. Jesus= Lord not all capitols--YHWH = LORD all capitols

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are in error.

The translators (KJB) were simply following what every single writer of the NT did when they cited or referred to OT texts in the NT

Show me one Apostle, or disciple which wrote any portion of the NT, when they cited or referred to an OT reference of JEHOVAH, wherein they used that name as being transliterated into koine Greek, rather than use the koine Greek Kurios or equivalent.

Show one single Manuscript, Papyrii, Codice, Lectionary, etc, of the NT, written in koine Greek that uses a transliterated form of JEHOVAH into koine Greek.

"Wicked men"??? You just disparaged every single writer of the NT, and the Holy Spirit Himself, who inspired those writers to write and do what they did in translation from Hebrew to koine Greek when citing or referencing an OT text or passage wherein JEHOVAH is mentioned.

This text fits the JW/WTS and yourself, perfectly:

1Tim 1:7: "Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm."

I am not in error its fact. Every scholar knows its fact. Why you dont listen to Koine Greek-In the last line of John 1:1-plain Theos--In the second line-HoTheos. It did not call the Logos The God-a god is correct for plain theos. Same at 2Cor 4:4--satan got plain theos-god--God Got HoTheos.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

That is only referring to man has never seen the Father, but man has seen the Lord in the O.T.

The Lord appeared to Abraham in Genesis 12:7, Genesis 17:1, & Genesis 18:1-8 was when He did eat & drank what Abraham had prepared for Him.

The Lord appeared to Isaac in Genesis 26:1-2 & Genesis 26:24

The Lord appeared to Jacob & they had wrestled face to face & Jacob still lived for why Jacob had called that place Penuel in verse 30 of Genesis 32:24-30

The Lord appeared to Moses in Exodus 3:2, Exodus 3:15-17, Exodus 4:1-8 & Exodus 6:1-4

This same Lord said He had appeared to all of these men;

Exodus 6:1Then the Lord said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land. 2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them. 4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.

Since that was not the Father that men had seen, then Who was this Lord that had appeared unto men to be seen of men?

The bible doesnt contradict itself. There are hidden meanings in many things said.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then explain Jesus's words here.

Jesus said Abraham had seen Him in His day before His incarnation as the prophesied Son of Man.

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

And why did Jesus said Moses had written of Him in scripture?

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life....

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

You have to rectify verses 2 & 4 for why it was written in verse 4 that it was God that called unto him out of the midst of the bush rather than have it written as the angel that had called.

Exodus 3:2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. 3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt. 4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

The answer is found at the link.

Who is the angel of the Lord? | GotQuestions.org

What that link did not address was how scripture said plainly that the Lord that had appeared had eaten and drank with Abraham in Genesis 18:1-8 & how a man had wrestled with Jacob face to face and it was the Lord Himself in Genesis 32:24-30

So there are testimonies in scripture that goes beyond identifying Jesus as "the angel of the Lord" but also the very Lord men had seen in the O.T.

Yes Jesus lived before Abraham. He is the firstborn of all creation-Collosians 1:15).If it were Jesus in the Ot that saying in the NT is correct--no man has ever seen God--Jesus was created first.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously, He gets zero from you! We are the Temple of the Holy Spirit. As the Holy Spirit occupied the Old Temples, He takes up residence in iur Temple if which you have no concept. Elohim is His name, the Comforter, the Helper, God, Who dwells in us. He glorifies the Son, teaching us all things in Christ, loves us, baptizes us, convicts us, sanctifies us. Hiw could He do thise things withiut a mind, a will, emotions, omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence?
A force does not love, dwell anywhere, think, guide, give gifts. A force cannot know anything.
Jesus is given the glory - even by the Father and all the angels. Our focus is our Jesus, utbus Gid's intention. Jesus has all authority in heaven and in earth. That requires all mighty power and knowledge and omnipresence. He is the AUTHOR OF OUR FAITH, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US. How is that possible unless you are God?

Many other things in the bible are spoken of like being a being. Prov 8:1--wisdom and discernment speaking.