Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why does the Bible say she is blessed before the miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:28)
And in the sixth month
.. the angel Gabriel was sent from God
.... unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
To a virgin
.. espoused to a man
.... whose name was Joseph,
...... of the house of David;
........ and the virgin's name was Mary.

And the angel came in unto her, and said,
.. Hail, thou that art highly favoured,
.... the Lord is with thee:
...... blessed art thou among women.
And when she saw him,
.. she was troubled at his saying,
.... and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
And the angel said unto her,
.. Fear not, Mary:
.... for thou hast found favour with God.
And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb,
.. and bring forth a Son,
.... and shalt call His name JESUS.
He shall be great,
.. and shall be called the Son of the Highest:
.... and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David:
...... And He shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever;
........ and of His kingdom there shall be no end.'

(Luke 1:26-33)

Praise God!

Hello @theefaith,

Mary was blessed because she had been chosen by God to give birth to His only Begotten Son. She was chosen because through her line, and (by law) through Joseph also, the Lord Jesus Christ was the rightful heir of both the Throne and the Land, through David and Abraham.

* 'Son of God' and 'Son of Man'.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
scripture say to be instructed
Taught by men

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Must be taught by the holy church by the apostles! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Acts 2:42
Would not the true fathers teach what I posted?

Romans 4:4
Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,

Titus 3:5
not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

It can not be both my friend, One cancels out the other. It has to be one or the other.

I mean think about it. If the people who call themselves teachers do not teach this stuff. are they not false teachers?

Reactions: charity

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.
30 And the angel said to her, Dread thou not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

Mary is queen in rev 12:1 and heb 4:16
Mother of divine grace

Good enough for Angels!
Good enough for the Bible!
Good enough for me!

Hail Mary! Full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women,
Lk 1:28 blessed is the fruit of thy womb, (Jesus) Lk 1:42 Holy Mary, mother of God, Lk 1:43 pray for us sinners, now,
rev 5:8 and at the hour of our death, Matt 24:13 amen!
again

can you show me the word queen of heaven in scripture

Not what some man taught you to say.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello USER=9099]@theefaith[/USER],

And the multitude cometh together again,
.. so that they could not so much as eat bread.
And when His friends heard of it,
.. they went out to lay hold on Him:
.... for they said, "He is beside himself."... ...

'... ... There came then His brethren and His mother,
.. and, standing without,
.... sent unto Him,
...... calling Him.
And the multitude sat about Him,
.. and they said unto Him,
.... "Behold, Thy mother

...... and Thy brethren without
........ seek for thee.

And He answered them, saying,
.. "Who is My mother,
.... or My brethren?
And He looked round about
.. on them which sat about Him,
and said,
.... "
Behold My mother and My brethren!
...... For whosoever shall do the will of God,
........ the same is my brother,
.......... and my sister,
............ and mother."'

(Mar. 3:20-21 & 31-35)

* The Lord's Mother, His Brethren and His friends were acting out of concern for his mental state as well as His physical wellbeing. They sought to take Him out of the situation He was in, to a place of safety. But He was where His Heavenly Father wanted Him to be, and He always did the will of His Father. They were not acting in accordance with God's will, but according to their own understanding in trying to remove Him. Therefore He said,

'And He answered and said unto them,
.. My mother and My brethren
.... are these
...... which hear the word of God,
........ and do it.'

(Luke 8:21)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: atpollard

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Phoneman777 Hebrews 1 specifically states that Jesus was "a little lower" than the Angel's in His humanity. Angels do not become human beings and vice versa. Show me in the bible where it says Angel's become humans. Guess you're gonna have to rip Hebrews 1 out of your bible.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in the sixth month
.. the angel Gabriel was sent from God
.... unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
To a virgin
.. espoused to a man
.... whose name was Joseph,
...... of the house of David;
........ and the virgin's name was Mary.

And the angel came in unto her, and said,
.. Hail, thou that art highly favoured,
.... the Lord is with thee:
...... blessed art thou among women.
And when she saw him,
.. she was troubled at his saying,
.... and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
And the angel said unto her,
.. Fear not, Mary:
.... for thou hast found favour with God.
And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb,
.. and bring forth a Son,
.... and shalt call His name JESUS.
He shall be great,
.. and shall be called the Son of the Highest:
.... and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David:
...... And He shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever;
........ and of His kingdom there shall be no end.'

(Luke 1:26-33)

Praise God!

Hello @theefaith,

Mary was blessed because she had been chosen by God to give birth to His only Begotten Son. She was chosen because through her line, and (by law) through Joseph also, the Lord Jesus Christ was the rightful heir of both the Throne and the Land, through David and Abraham.

* 'Son of God' and 'Son of Man'.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

but the ever Virgin mother of God had not yet consented to our salvation? Lk 1:38

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would not the true fathers teach what I posted?

Romans 4:4
Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,

Titus 3:5
not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

It can not be both my friend, One cancels out the other. It has to be one or the other.

I mean think about it. If the people who call themselves teachers do not teach this stuff. are they not false teachers?

that’s works alone fine on your own

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what does that have to do with Queen of heaven?
Can you show me this in the word of God? in the exact words?

no that’s another accusation against Mary

Proving The jezebel spirit does not apply to Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God!

Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel...
someone said Mary is this jezebel or this jezebel spirit...

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amounts women.

How can God full jezebel with grace?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with jezebel?
The lord is with thee!

How can jezebel be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can jezebel be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could jezebel be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

How could jezebel have a savior?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could jesebel be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could jesebel be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could jezebel be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could jezebel be our spiritual mother?

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no that’s another accusation against Mary

Proving The jezebel spirit does not apply to Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God!

Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel...
someone said Mary is this jezebel or this jezebel spirit...

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amounts women.

How can God full jezebel with grace?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with jezebel?
The lord is with thee!

How can jezebel be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can jezebel be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could jezebel be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

How could jezebel have a savior?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could jesebel be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could jesebel be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could jezebel be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could jezebel be our spiritual mother?

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
I never made any such accusation against mary

come on man, your starting to see things which have never been said

again, can you show me where Mary is called the queen of heaven in scripture, sorry, non of the scripture you posted says that

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello USER=9099]@theefaith[/USER],

And the multitude cometh together again,
.. so that they could not so much as eat bread.
And when His friends heard of it,
.. they went out to lay hold on Him:
.... for they said, "He is beside himself."... ...

'... ... There came then His brethren and His mother,
.. and, standing without,
.... sent unto Him,
...... calling Him.
And the multitude sat about Him,
.. and they said unto Him,
.... "Behold, Thy mother

...... and Thy brethren without
........ seek for thee.

And He answered them, saying,
.. "Who is My mother,
.... or My brethren?
And He looked round about
.. on them which sat about Him,
and said,
.... "
Behold My mother and My brethren!
...... For whosoever shall do the will of God,
........ the same is my brother,
.......... and my sister,
............ and mother."'

(Mar. 3:20-21 & 31-35)

* The Lord's Mother, His Brethren and His friends were acting out of concern for his mental state as well as His physical wellbeing. They sought to take Him out of the situation He was in, to a place of safety. But He was where His Heavenly Father wanted Him to be, and He always did the will of His Father. They were not acting in accordance with God's will, but according to their own understanding in trying to remove Him. Therefore He said,

'And He answered and said unto them,
.. My mother and My brethren
.... are these
...... which hear the word of God,
........ and do it.'

(Luke 8:21)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s, These may be brothers but they are simply not the children of One mother and the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary!

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

The "sisters" of Jesus refer to women disciples.

Salome, or Mary Salome, was the wife of Zebedee, and mother of apostles John (the beloved), and James (the greater).

Regarding Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3, two of the four "brethren" are James and Judas of Alphaeus (cf. Mat. 10:2-3, Lk. 6:15-16, Act. 1:13). The third, Joseph, is identified in Mk. 15:40 as the brother of James of Alphaeus. The fourth, Simon, is identified in Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 as the brother of Joseph, James, and Judas of Alphaeus. Therefore, all four are were the sons of Alphaeus, not St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When Jesus was twelve they went up to Jerusalem, the holy family, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. Where are the brothers and sisters?

Jesus on the cross gives His mother to John, why? Why not James or a brother? Perhaps the law of Moses requires a mother to be given to the next oldest son? Because he was an only Son!
Only begotten of the Father, only begotten of the Mother.

“You had good reason to be horrified at the thought that another birth might issue from the same virginal womb from which Christ was born according to the flesh. For the Lord Jesus would never have chosen to be born of a virgin if he had ever judged that she would be so incontinent as to contaminate with the seed of human intercourse the birthplace of the Lord’s body, that court of the eternal king” (ancient writer)

Martin Luther

It is an article of faith that Mary is Mother of the Lord and still a virgin. … Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact. (Weimer’s The Works of Luther, English translation by Pelikan, Concordia, St. Louis, v. 11, pp. 319-320; v. 6. p. 510.)

John Calvin

(On the Heretic Helvidius) Helvidius displayed excessive ignorance in concluding that Mary must have had many sons, because Christ’s “brothers” are sometimes mentioned. (Harmony of Matthew, Mark and Luke, sec. 39 [Geneva, 1562], vol. 2 / From Calvin’s Commentaries, translated by William Pringle, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans, 1949, p.215; on Matthew 13:55)

[On Matt 1:25:] The inference he [Helvidius] drew from it was, that Mary remained a virgin no longer than till her first birth, and that afterwards she had other children by her husband . . . No just and well-grounded inference can be drawn from these words . . . as to what took place after the birth of Christ. He is called “first-born”; but it is for the sole purpose of informing us that he was born of a virgin . . . What took place afterwards the historian does not inform us . . . No man will obstinately keep up the argument, except from an extreme fondness for disputation. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 107)

Under the word “brethren” the Hebrews include all cousins and other relations, whatever may be the degree of affinity. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 283 / Commentary on John, [7:3])

John Wesley

‘I believe that He [Jesus] was made man, joining the human nature with the divine in one person; being conceived by the singular operation of the Holy Ghost, and born of the blessed Virgin Mary, who, as well after as before she brought Him forth, continued a pure and unspotted virgin’ (‘Letter to a Roman Catholic’, The Works of Rev. John Wesley, vol 10, p. 81).

St Augustine, Sermons 186.1 (early 5th century):

“In being born of a Virgin who chose to remain a Virgin even before she knew who was to be born of her, Christ wanted to approve virginity rather than to impose it. And he wanted virginity to be of free choice even in that woman in whom he took upon himself the form of a slave” (Holy Virginity 4:4 [A.D. 401]).

“It was not the visible sun, but its invisible Creator who consecrated this day for us, when the Virgin Mother, fertile of womb and integral in her virginity, brought him forth, made visible for us, by whom, when he was invisible, she too was created. A Virgin conceiving, a Virgin bearing, a Virgin pregnant, a Virgin bringing forth, a Virgin perpetual. Why do you wonder at this, O man?” (Sermons 186:1 [A.D. 411]).

“Heretics called Antidicomarites are those who contradict the perpetual virginity of Mary and affirm that after Christ was born she was joined as one with her husband” (Heresies 56 [A.D. 428]).

St Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica, III.28.3 (13th century):

"Without any hesitation we must abhor the error of Helvidius, who dared to assert that Christ's Mother, after His Birth, was carnally known by Joseph, and bore other children.

For, in the first place, this is derogatory to Christ's perfection: for as He is in His Godhead the Only-Begotten of the Father, being thus His Son in every respect perfect, so it was becoming that He should be the Only-begotten son of His Mother, as being her perfect offspring.

“Secondly, this error is an insult to the Holy Ghost, whose "shrine" was the virginal womb, wherein He had formed the flesh of Christ: wherefore it was unbecoming that it should be desecrated by intercourse with man.

“Thirdly, this is derogatory to the dignity and holiness of God's Mother: for thus she would seem to be most ungrateful, were she not content with such a Son; and were she, of her own accord, by carnal intercourse to forfeit that virginity which had been miraculously preserved in her.

“Fourthly, it would be tantamount to an imputation of extreme presumption in Joseph, to assume that he attempted to violate her whom by the angel's revelation he knew to have conceived by the Holy Ghost.

“We must therefore simply assert that the Mother of God, as she was a virgin in conceiving Him and a virgin in giving Him birth, did she remain a virgin ever afterwards."

The blessed Mary mother of God, is a perpetual virgin to the glory of God!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
but the ever Virgin mother of God had not yet consented to our salvation? Lk 1:38
'And Mary said,
Behold the handmaid of the Lord;
be it unto me according to thy word.
And the angel departed from her.'

(Luke 1:38)

Hello @theefaith,

Mary believed God, and humbly bowed to His will. She was the Mother of God's only Begotten Son: but apart from giving birth to the Saviour, and caring for Him, according to the will of God, she had no further part in the work of salvation. She has given birth so is no longer a virgin.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: friend of

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s, These may be brothers but they are simply not the children of One mother and the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary!

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

The "sisters" of Jesus refer to women disciples.

Salome, or Mary Salome, was the wife of Zebedee, and mother of apostles John (the beloved), and James (the greater).

Regarding Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3, two of the four "brethren" are James and Judas of Alphaeus (cf. Mat. 10:2-3, Lk. 6:15-16, Act. 1:13). The third, Joseph, is identified in Mk. 15:40 as the brother of James of Alphaeus. The fourth, Simon, is identified in Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 as the brother of Joseph, James, and Judas of Alphaeus. Therefore, all four are were the sons of Alphaeus, not St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When Jesus was twelve they went up to Jerusalem, the holy family, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. Where are the brothers and sisters?

Jesus on the cross gives His mother to John, why? Why not James or a brother? Perhaps the law of Moses requires a mother to be given to the next oldest son? Because he was an only Son!
Only begotten of the Father, only begotten of the Mother.

“You had good reason to be horrified at the thought that another birth might issue from the same virginal womb from which Christ was born according to the flesh. For the Lord Jesus would never have chosen to be born of a virgin if he had ever judged that she would be so incontinent as to contaminate with the seed of human intercourse the birthplace of the Lord’s body, that court of the eternal king” (ancient writer)

Martin Luther

It is an article of faith that Mary is Mother of the Lord and still a virgin. … Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact. (Weimer’s The Works of Luther, English translation by Pelikan, Concordia, St. Louis, v. 11, pp. 319-320; v. 6. p. 510.)

John Calvin

(On the Heretic Helvidius) Helvidius displayed excessive ignorance in concluding that Mary must have had many sons, because Christ’s “brothers” are sometimes mentioned. (Harmony of Matthew, Mark and Luke, sec. 39 [Geneva, 1562], vol. 2 / From Calvin’s Commentaries, translated by William Pringle, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans, 1949, p.215; on Matthew 13:55)

[On Matt 1:25:] The inference he [Helvidius] drew from it was, that Mary remained a virgin no longer than till her first birth, and that afterwards she had other children by her husband . . . No just and well-grounded inference can be drawn from these words . . . as to what took place after the birth of Christ. He is called “first-born”; but it is for the sole purpose of informing us that he was born of a virgin . . . What took place afterwards the historian does not inform us . . . No man will obstinately keep up the argument, except from an extreme fondness for disputation. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 107)

Under the word “brethren” the Hebrews include all cousins and other relations, whatever may be the degree of affinity. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 283 / Commentary on John, [7:3])

John Wesley

‘I believe that He [Jesus] was made man, joining the human nature with the divine in one person; being conceived by the singular operation of the Holy Ghost, and born of the blessed Virgin Mary, who, as well after as before she brought Him forth, continued a pure and unspotted virgin’ (‘Letter to a Roman Catholic’, The Works of Rev. John Wesley, vol 10, p. 81).

St Augustine, Sermons 186.1 (early 5th century):

“In being born of a Virgin who chose to remain a Virgin even before she knew who was to be born of her, Christ wanted to approve virginity rather than to impose it. And he wanted virginity to be of free choice even in that woman in whom he took upon himself the form of a slave” (Holy Virginity 4:4 [A.D. 401]).

“It was not the visible sun, but its invisible Creator who consecrated this day for us, when the Virgin Mother, fertile of womb and integral in her virginity, brought him forth, made visible for us, by whom, when he was invisible, she too was created. A Virgin conceiving, a Virgin bearing, a Virgin pregnant, a Virgin bringing forth, a Virgin perpetual. Why do you wonder at this, O man?” (Sermons 186:1 [A.D. 411]).

“Heretics called Antidicomarites are those who contradict the perpetual virginity of Mary and affirm that after Christ was born she was joined as one with her husband” (Heresies 56 [A.D. 428]).

St Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica, III.28.3 (13th century):

"Without any hesitation we must abhor the error of Helvidius, who dared to assert that Christ's Mother, after His Birth, was carnally known by Joseph, and bore other children.

For, in the first place, this is derogatory to Christ's perfection: for as He is in His Godhead the Only-Begotten of the Father, being thus His Son in every respect perfect, so it was becoming that He should be the Only-begotten son of His Mother, as being her perfect offspring.

“Secondly, this error is an insult to the Holy Ghost, whose "shrine" was the virginal womb, wherein He had formed the flesh of Christ: wherefore it was unbecoming that it should be desecrated by intercourse with man.

“Thirdly, this is derogatory to the dignity and holiness of God's Mother: for thus she would seem to be most ungrateful, were she not content with such a Son; and were she, of her own accord, by carnal intercourse to forfeit that virginity which had been miraculously preserved in her.

“Fourthly, it would be tantamount to an imputation of extreme presumption in Joseph, to assume that he attempted to violate her whom by the angel's revelation he knew to have conceived by the Holy Ghost.

“We must therefore simply assert that the Mother of God, as she was a virgin in conceiving Him and a virgin in giving Him birth, did she remain a virgin ever afterwards."

The blessed Mary mother of God, is a perpetual virgin to the glory of God!

Hello @theefaith

Your replies make it obvious that you do not read the responses you receive, so further correspondence is futile. I can only pray that God will lift the veil from your eyes so that you will be enabled to see the truth concerning these things.

Thank you and goodbye for now.
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Reactions: atpollard

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What?

did the Bible say what I posted?

are you going to continue to ignore it because men told you something?

there’s faith alone
There’s works alone
There’s faith and works
Then there’s the biblical truth faith and works in Christ thru baptism and grace
Meritorious before God

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Old Covenant" was not the "letter of the law".

This confusion will cease when people learn what a "covenant" is -- an "agreement". This Old Covenant consisted of two COMPONENTS: "blessings" and "obedience", with God promising the one, and Israel, the other.

Therefore, it is DISHONEST to say "the Old Covenant was the law". WRONG. The law was a COMPONENT and the blessings were a COMPONENT.

Anyone who insists "the Old Covenant was the law" needs to try and replace "old Covenant" with "law" in Romans 3:31 KJV - they will immediately see that they have been laboring under a "false equivalence" delusion, and hopefully come to a proper understanding of what the law had to do with the Old Covenant -- it was a COMPONENT of it.

Phoneman, the reason why the Ten Commandments were the letter of the law was because it had to be kept with a sin nature that was in total opposition to the Law. Our sin kept us from keeping the spirit of the law, only the letter. Take for instance the Sabbath. You had to physically and purposely keep tabs of the sun and the first stars to know when the Sabbath started, and ended. That is the letter of the law. Question: Do you cook on the Sabbath and clean up, or eat pre-made sandwiches.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never made any such accusation against mary

come on man, your starting to see things which have never been said

again, can you show me where Mary is called the queen of heaven in scripture, sorry, non of the scripture you posted says that

I did not accuse you
Queen of heaven
Mother of the king in the line of david
Lk 1:32-33
Rev 12:1 in heaven with a crown
The child must be Jesus his mother is Mary