Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no not works alone or faith and works alone

but a Christian in Christ member of Christ united to Christ
In the church the new covenant received the grace of Christ, that grace enables a powerful to effect to vivify both faith and works (works being prayer suffering penance alms fasting Christian virtues)

heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Romans 4:4
Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,

Titus 3:5
not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

It can not be both my friend, One cancels out the other. It has to be one or the other

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
her seed

Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
Her in this passage is Eve.

wow man. You need to stop listening to men.. And start studying for yourself. You are very confused

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again. The woman is Israel. Namely jacob, the 12 stars are the sons of Israel/jacob. ie, in reality, abraham, as it is through his covenant in which christ was promised

Through the abrahamic covenent, which says through abraham's seed shall come one who will bless all the nations of the earth.

who is the child?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again. The woman is Israel. Namely jacob, the 12 stars are the sons of Israel/jacob. ie, in reality, abraham, as it is through his covenant in which christ was promised

Through the abrahamic covenent, which says through abraham's seed shall come one who will bless all the nations of the earth.
israel did not keep the commandments but the spiritual children of Mary do and have the testimony of Jesus rev 12:17

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who is the child?
Who was promised through the seed of abraham?

12 Now the Lord had said to Abram:

“Get out of your country,
From your family
And from your father’s house,
To a land that I will show you.
2 I will make you a great nation;
I will bless you
And make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you (your seed) all the families of the earth shall be blessed

who is the seed? in which all the families of the earth shall be blessed?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
israel did not keep the commandments but the spiritual children of Mary do and have the testimony of Jesus rev 12:17
your right they did not

But the bible said that through the seed of abraham would come the child.

What israel did or did not do has no bearing on the promise and covenant between God and abraham, in which we share a common thread. Christ.

Reactions: friend of

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who was promised through the seed of abraham?

12 Now the Lord had said to Abram:

“Get out of your country,
From your family
And from your father’s house,
To a land that I will show you.
2 I will make you a great nation;
I will bless you
And make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you (your seed) all the families of the earth shall be blessed

who is the seed? in which all the families of the earth shall be blessed?

so it’s Jesus Christ!

who is His mother? And our queen lady?

Mary!!!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only one can be biblically true, we were here first bu 1500 plus yrs
you did not arive until 300 years after the bible was finished.

Again, You blindly listen to men

My eyea are wide open.

To you. your men can not be wrong. To me, All men are of the flesh. and all are succeptable to mistakes. God knew this, this is why he sent them in two's because the danger of giving one man to much power

but her. to each his own.

You told me I need to open my eyes. I am just telling you mine are wide open. they have been for a few decades now

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is but one of the stars, She is not israel. She is but from one tribe, so it can not be mary

Again. Open up man.. You will see

genesis the greater light to govern the day
The lesser light to govern the night
These are OT type fulfilled in the NT
What do they refer to?
Hint the stars refer to saints

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That verse supports what I said. You said that only God Himself could be born of a virgin.

Only God can be born of a Virgin!

If God wanted a carnal man to be born of a virgin, I certainly believe that He could do that! Can you quote a scripture that clearly supports your viewpoint?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That verse supports what I said. You said that only God Himself could be born of a virgin.

If God wanted a carnal man to be born of a virgin, I certainly believe that He could do that! Can you quote a scripture that clearly supports your viewpoint?
I said it is a miracle both the conception and birth of Jesus, only God is born of a virgin

“You had good reason to be horrified at the thought that another birth might issue from the same virginal womb from which Christ was born according to the flesh. For the Lord Jesus would never have chosen to be born of a virgin if he had ever judged that she would be so incontinent as to contaminate with the seed of human intercourse the birthplace of the Lord’s body, that court of the eternal king” (ancient writer)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said it is a miracle both the conception and birth of Jesus, only God is born of a virgin

“You had good reason to be horrified at the thought that another birth might issue from the same virginal womb from which Christ was born according to the flesh. For the Lord Jesus would never have chosen to be born of a virgin if he had ever judged that she would be so incontinent as to contaminate with the seed of human intercourse the birthplace of the Lord’s body, that court of the eternal king” (ancient writer)
Well your only response to me was I what I quoted. If you believe this new non-scriptural citation which to me contradicts what I have understood from the scriptures, that is between you and God. Thank you anyway for clarifying your position...

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well your only response to me was I what I quoted. If you believe this new non-scriptural citation which to me contradicts what I have understood from the scriptures, that is between you and God. Thank you anyway for clarifying your position...

we were referring to the Virgin birth and the perpetual virginity of Mary if it helps