Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

Successors of Jesus Christ!

Jesus already prepares His apostles to continue His mission with His power (binding and loosing) and with His authority (keys) matt 16:18 matt 18:18

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 when therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John...
Jn 4:2 Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples

Here we see Jesus delegating to His successors, Peter and the apostles!

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing

There can be no unity of the spirit without obedience to the faith! Rom 1:5 eph 4:3

Matt 28 I am with you (the apostles)

The papacy based on Matt 16:18 and Isa 22:21-22

Matt 16:18-19
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Isa 22:21-22
21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Behold I am with you (the successors or the apostles until the end of the age, so the successors must remain until the end of the age) matt 28:19

(None of the so called reformers were apostles) (no man has authority to start a church)

Successors of Moses!

Matt 23 why does Jesus say to obey the successors of Moses?

The successors of Moses sit in the chair of Moses having the authority of the keys and the power to bind and loose Matt 23 and Jesus commanded them to be obeyed! Then the kingdom was taken from them matt 21:43 and given to Peter, Matt 16:18 the apostles, Matt 18:18 and their successors with the authority of the keys and the power to bind and lose!

Jesus said to obey the authority of the successors of Moses mt 23 authority of the keys and power to bind and loose and this power and authority was taken from them matt and given by Christ to Peter, the apostles and their successors, mt 16:18 18:18 this same authority and power must be obeyed!

mt 28:18-20 all authority is given to Peter, the apostles, and their successors requiring obedience, rom 1:5 obedience to the faith!
And Jesus say to Peter, the apostles, and their successors: behold I am with you even until the end of the world!!!
So the apostles have to remain until the end! Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and Priests: and we shall reign on the earth. Reign with kingdom authority (keys) power (bind loose) matt 16:18
The successors of Peter and the apostles have a valid jurisdictional authority (keys) and power (bind and loose) by Jesus Christ!

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

apostolic succession!

explicit and implicit in scripture

Judas was an apostle
Acts 1:17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

acts 1:20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Matthias succeeded him as apostle

acts 1: 26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

now if it applies to judas how much more to Peter and the other apostles

Matt 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jesus is with His church and His apostles until the end! So the apostles must remain until the end governing the church administering the kingdom

Mt 16:18 Peter received the keys of the kingdom: (jurisdictional authority of the universal church) and the power to bind and loose:

Lk 22:32
Jesus prays for Peter:

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

Isa 22 prime minister called father!
Holding the keys of the kingdom under the king Lk 1:32-33 in the line of david!
A beautiful WALL OF TEXT ... but still nowhere in the Bible that says "the Apostles and their successors". Only the special RCC "papal glasses" allow you to read the secret words that make a man into God on Earth and a sinful bureaucratic hierarchy the exclusive authority to grant salvation to men's souls (for an appropriate offering).

Have no fear, the fee has been paid and the Novena's have been said for me. I have been remembered in the Mass at St Peter's Basilica because of the blood money extorted by "holy priests" from widows on fixed incomes to support the machinery of the "ONE TRUE CHURCH".

GOD FORBID we should have people reading the BIBLE and trusting in GOD and JESUS CHRIST!
Do not concern yourself ... the god "mammon" is still worshiped and the offerings to pay to shorten time in purgatory still flow into ROME. Leo X would be proud to know how little Rome has changed.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Precious friend, atpollard - Exactly why I posted to him,
but I later thought of THIS part, which I AM SURE "he will Also deny"!:

thee faith said: "No apostles no church no salvation" But:

What he Really means, in RCC verbiage {Disregarding BIBLE Alone!}:
THEIR "chain of command" = God, {Another?} Jesus, pope, tradition,
magesterium, THEIR {earthly} church, cardinals, bishops, and priests
{ALL mediatorS}, BETWEEN ALL other men and women, or NO salvation!

Thus DENYING God's Pure, Holy, Plain And Clear Scriptures!:

"For there is One God, and ONE Mediator Between God and man,
The Man {The TRUE} CHRIST JESUS!" (1_Timothy 2 : 5 KJB!)
+
The TRUE "Chain of Command!":

1Co_11:3 "But I would have you know, that THE HEAD
of every man IS CHRIST; and the head of the woman is
the man; and The Head of Christ IS God."

I know "where my TREASURE IS" Amen?

Thanks for listening, And Please Be Very Richly Blessed!
God's Simple Will

Explain please

2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A beautiful WALL OF TEXT ... but still nowhere in the Bible that says "the Apostles and their successors". Only the special RCC "papal glasses" allow you to read the secret words that make a man into God on Earth and a sinful bureaucratic hierarchy the exclusive authority to grant salvation to men's souls (for an appropriate offering).

Have no fear, the fee has been paid and the Novena's have been said for me. I have been remembered in the Mass at St Peter's Basilica because of the blood money extorted by "holy priests" from widows on fixed incomes to support the machinery of the "ONE TRUE CHURCH".

GOD FORBID we should have people reading the BIBLE and trusting in GOD and JESUS CHRIST!
Do not concern yourself ... the god "mammon" is still worshiped and the offerings to pay to shorten time in purgatory still flow into ROME. Leo X would be proud to know how little Rome has changed.

Successors of Jesus Christ!

Jesus already prepares His apostles to continue His mission with His power (binding and loosing) and with His authority (keys) matt 16:18 matt 18:18

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 when therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John...
Jn 4:2 Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing

There can be no unity of the spirit without obedience to the faith! Rom 1:5 eph 4:3

Matt 28 I am with you (the apostles)

The papacy based on Matt 16:18 and Isa 22:21-22

Matt 16:18-19
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Isa 22:21-22
21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Behold I am with you (the successors or the apostles until the end of the age, so the successors must remain until the end of the age) matt 28:19

(None of the so called reformers were apostles) (no man has authority to start a church)

Successors of Moses!

Matt 23 why does Jesus say to obey the successors of Moses?

The successors of Moses sit in the chair of Moses having the authority of the keys and the power to bind and loose Matt 23 and Jesus commanded them to be obeyed! Then the kingdom was taken from them matt 21:43 and given to Peter, Matt 16:18 the apostles, Matt 18:18 and their successors with the authority of the keys and the power to bind and lose!

Jesus said to obey the authority of the successors of Moses mt 23 authority of the keys and power to bind and loose and this power and authority was taken from them matt and given by Christ to Peter, the apostles and their successors, mt 16:18 18:18 this same authority and power must be obeyed!

mt 28:18-20 all authority is given to Peter, the apostles, and their successors requiring obedience, rom 1:5 obedience to the faith!
And Jesus say to Peter, the apostles, and their successors: behold I am with you even until the end of the world!!!
So the apostles have to remain until the end! Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and Priests: and we shall reign on the earth. Reign with kingdom authority (keys) power (bind loose) matt 16:18
The successors of Peter and the apostles have a valid jurisdictional authority (keys) and power (bind and loose) by Jesus Christ!

apostolic succession!

explicit and implicit in scripture

Judas was an apostle
Acts 1:17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

acts 1:20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Matthias succeeded him as apostle

acts 1: 26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

now if it applies to judas how much more to Peter and the other apostles

Matt 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jesus is with His church and His apostles until the end! So the apostles must remain until the end governing the church administering the kingdom

Mt 16:18 Peter received the keys of the kingdom: (jurisdictional authority of the universal church) and the power to bind and loose:

Lk 22:32
Jesus prays for Peter:

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

Isa 22:21-22 prime minister called father!
Holding the keys of the kingdom matt 16:18 under the king Lk 1:32-33 in the line of david!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One church
One fold
One new covenant
One body of Christ
Jn 10:16

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One church
One fold
One new covenant
One body of Christ
Jn 10:16
No priests and no Pope and no successors ...

There IS "one church".

CHRIST is its head (not Peter, and not the Pope)
The RCC is "a church" but it is not "THE CHURCH".

Here is one to chew on ...Matthew 23:9

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please stop ... it is not the authority given by God to His Apostles that anyone here is arguing against.
Where do MEN get to claim that THEY have the authority that God gave the Apostles?
Where does GOD pass the authority from Apostles to their successors?

We have searched scripture and found NOTHING.
So show us the scripture that passes Apostolic Authority to "and their successors" or stop offering irrelevant scripture that has no part in our objection to the worldly authority claimed by a RCC that has strayed from the WORD OF GOD.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please stop ... ot is not the authority given by God to His Apostles that anyone here is arguing against.
Where do MEN get to claim that THEY have the authority that God gave the Apostles?

So show us the scripture that passes Apostolic Authority to "and their successors" or stop offering irrelevant scripture that has no part in our objection to the worldly authority claimed by a RCC that has strayed from the WORD OF GOD.

It's a can of worms...
First the claim, then a "reference" to a scripture that says nothing about the claim, before long you'll be having your ears tickled with, Solo Scriptra denouncing.
round about the circle it goes... :rolleyes:

Reactions: atpollard

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please stop ... ot is not the authority given by God to His Apostles that anyone here is arguing against.

1 Tim. 5:22 – Paul urges Timothy to be careful in laying on the hands (ordaining others). The gift of authority is a reality and cannot be used indiscriminately.

2 Tim. 1:6 – Paul again reminds Timothy the unique gift of God that he received through the laying on of hands.

2 Tim. 4:1-6 – at end of Paul’s life, Paul charges Timothy with the office of his ministry . We must trace true apostolic lineage back to a Catholic bishop.

2 Tim. 2:2 – this verse shows God’s intention is to transfer authority to successors (here, Paul to Timothy to 3rd to 4th generation). It goes beyond the death of the apostles.

APOSTOLIC AUTHORITY AND SUCCESSION - Scripture Catholic

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Tim. 2:2 – this verse shows God’s intention is to transfer authority to successors (here, Paul to Timothy to 3rd to 4th generation). It goes beyond the death of the apostles.

2 Timothy 2:2 KJV
2) And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

Where do you see authority in this passage? I don't see that. This is about teaching, at least, that's what I'm reading.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Tim. 4:1-6 – at end of Paul’s life, Paul charges Timothy with the office of his ministry . We must trace true apostolic lineage back to a Catholic bishop.

2 Timothy 4:1-6 KJV
1) I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2) Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5) But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
6) For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

Catholic Bishop?

That's nowhere in this passage. Or, where do you see it? Can you show me?

Much love!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The standard Catholic apologetics argument from the Bible for apostolic succession is the selection of Matthias to succeed Judas (Acts 1:16-26). That includes taking note that the word for “office” in 1:20 is episkopos: the word for “bishop.” Thus, we have some sort of equation of apostles and bishops, which is necessary, for we believe that bishops are indeed the successors of (but not identical to) the apostles...

...The argument stems from how the Jerusalem council (Acts 15:1-32; 16:4) is presented in Holy Scripture. It's been one of my favorite arguments against sola Scriptura (i.e., Scripture as the only infallible authority), and as a rationale for Catholic ecumenical councils, to note the high authority of the Jerusalem council, guided by the Holy Spirit Himself (15:28) to make a proclamation binding upon all the Christian faithful everywhere. We know that, since Scripture reports that it was “delivered” and received at Antioch (15:30-31) and in various cities in Asia Minor (16:4); hence, the analogy to ecumenical councils, which are much more than mere local authoritative proclamations.

I have loved presenting the fact that the Apostle Paul “delivered to them for observance the decisions which had been reached by the apostles and elders who were at Jerusalem” (16:4; RSV, as throughout). This is the very opposite of sola Scriptura modes of thought. The Jerusalem council doesn't even seem (from what we know) to have been primarily concerned with biblical arguments and justifications. But however the decision was arrived at, regarding abstaining “from what has been sacrificed to idols and from blood and from what is strangled and from unchastity” (15:28), and the non-necessity of circumcision (15:5), it was authoritative and binding. As such, it is a compelling biblical argument for an infallible Church and against sola Scriptura, which precisely denies this.

Now I will be using it as an argument for apostolic succession, too. Here is how it works: the Jerusalem council presents “apostles” and “elders” in conjunction six times:

Acts 15:2 . . . Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and the elders about this question.

Acts 15:4 When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and the elders, . . .

Acts 15:6 The apostles and the elders were gathered together to consider this matter.

Acts 15:22 Then it seemed good to the apostles and the elders, with the whole church, . . .

Acts 15:23. . . “The brethren, both the apostles and the elders, to the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cili'cia, . . .

Acts 16:4 . . . they delivered to them for observance the decisions which had been reached by the apostles and elders who were at Jerusalem.

“Elders” here is the Greek presbuteros, which referred to a leader of a local congregation, so that Protestants think of it primarily as a “pastor”, whereas Catholics, Orthodox, and some Anglicans regard it as the equivalent of “priest.” In any event, all agree that it is a lower office in the scheme of things than an apostle: even arguably lower than a bishop (which is mentioned several times in the New Testament).

What is striking, then, is that the two offices in the Jerusalem council are presented as if there is little or no distinction between them, at least in terms of their practical authority. It's not an airtight argument, I concede. We could, for example, say that “bishops and the pope gathered together at the Second Vatican Council.” We know that the pope had a higher authority. It may be that apostles here had greater authority.

But we don't know that with certainty, from Bible passages that mention them. They seem to be presented as having in effect, “one man one vote.” They “consider” the issue “together” (15:6). It's the same for the “decisions which had been reached” (16:4).

Therefore, if such a momentous, binding decision was arrived at by apostles and elders, it sure seems to suggest what Catholics believe: that bishops are successors of the apostles. We already see the two offices working together in Jerusalem and making a joint decision. It's a concrete example of precisely what the Catholic Church claims about apostolic succession and the sublime authority conveyed therein. There are three additional sub-arguments that I submit for consideration:

1) The council, by joint authority of apostles and elders, sent off Judas and Silas as its messengers, even though they “were themselves prophets” (15:32). Prophets were the highest authorities in the old covenant (with direct messages from God), and here mere “elders” are commissioning them.

2) St. Paul himself is duty-bound to the council's decree (16:4), which was decided in part by mere elders. So this implies apostolic succession (and conciliarism), if elders can participate in such high authority that even apostles must obey it.

3) Paul previously “had no small dissension and debate” with the circumcision party (15:1-2), but was unable to resolve the conflict by his own profound apostolic authority. Instead, he had to go to the council, where apostles and elders decided the question. All he is reported as doing there is reporting about “signs and wonders” in his ministry (15:12). He's not the leader or even a key figure. This is not what the Protestant “Paulinist” view would have predicted.

Apostolic Succession as Seen in the Jerusalem Council

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Tim. 5:22 – Paul urges Timothy to be careful in laying on the hands (ordaining others). The gift of authority is a reality and cannot be used indiscriminately.

1 Timothy 5:22 KJV
22) Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.

Where is authority in this passage?

I'm not seeing authority or succession in any of these.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The standard Catholic apologetics argument from the Bible for apostolic succession is the selection of Matthias to succeed Judas (Acts 1:16-26). That includes taking note that the word for “office” in 1:20 is episkopos: the word for “bishop.” Thus, we have some sort of equation of apostles and bishops, which is necessary, for we believe that bishops are indeed the successors of (but not identical to) the apostles...
That would reference the difference between descriptive passages, which in this case tell us what they did, and prescriptive passages, which tell us what we are to do.

That was descriptive, not prescriptive.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the very opposite of sola Scriptura modes of thought.
However, these were the Apostles, those chosen by Jesus to take His Word to the world.

This is again descriptive, and not prescriptive.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that the pope had a higher authority.
Is there ANY verse in the Bible which places one Christian over all the others, and gives the instruction to pass this from one to the next? Any at all?

it sure seems to suggest what Catholics believe: that bishops are successors of the apostles.

Perhaps this is suggested as such to you, but not to me. Shouldn't we set the bar higher for what doctrine we choose to hold to?

Much love!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1) I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2) Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5) But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Catholic Bishop?

Much love!

Catholic Bishop?

Much love!
Trace the lineage. Unfortunately, that requires work; plus, you have no traceable lineage, no pedigree. That's the real reason you reject apostolic succession.
"Catholic" which means universal, is implied in scripture. "Bishop" is all over the place in scripture.

"Catholic" means 'Universal', which in itself means, 'of or relating to, or affecting the entire world and ALL peoples therein'. It means, ALL encompassing, comprehensibly broad, general, and containing ALL that is necessary. In summation, it means ALL people in ALL places, having ALL that is necessary, and for ALL time.

Matthew 28:19-20, "Go, therefore and make disciples of ALL nations...teaching them to observe ALL that I have commanded you; And behold, I am with you ALL days, even unto the consummation of the world." That is a statement of Universality, Katholicos, Catholicus, Catholic.

Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world.
see Greek text analysis

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is there ANY verse in the Bible which places one Christian over all the others, and gives the instruction to pass this from one to the next? Any at all?
You define "authority" to mean "dominating dictatorship". The Bible doesn't do that. I have given several verses and your objections are intended to make me go in circles because you refuse to read.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You define "authority" to mean "dominating dictatorship".
Not so.

The Bible doesn't do that. I have given several verses and your objections are intended to make me go in circles because you refuse to read.

I read every quote in your post.

You've presumed I mean something in "authority" that I don't. You've said I refuse to read. And you've judged my motives in posting as arbitrary.

Terrific!