Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once did some history teaching at a Catholic high school. I asked them what they learn from the Bible in their theology classes. They said they only study the church fathers...
Did you ever hear the name ignatius . beware . Rome is infected my friend . She is infected .
We must cling to Christ and learn our bibles well . For certain men have crept in and are teaching certain meditation practices
which ought not to have been learned or taught . This is why we have seen a big push from even protestant leaders
trying to convince their own flocks to learn the early church fathers . OH its all been well planned out my friend .
They will have their world religion no matter the cost .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call no man father

Typical fundamentalist misunderstandings!

Matt 23:9
Call no man Father?

Is this an absolute requirement?
Or is Our Savior condemning pride and spiritual pride of the Pharisees?

God calls men father!

Ex 3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Jesus calls men father!

Jn 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

Mary calls men father!

Lk 1:55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Peter calls men father!

Acts3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

The stephen calls men father!

Acts 7 Stephen quotes the fathers over and over!

The Bible calls men father!

Luke 16:24
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Then there is spiritual fathers!

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Peter, Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Isa 22 the administrator of the kingdom is called father, so the same for Peter, the apostles, and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Eph 3: 14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

———-

Eph. 3:14-15 – every family in heaven and on earth is named from the “Father.” We are fathers in the Father.

Acts 7:2; 22:1, 1 John 2:13 – elders of the Church are called “fathers.” Therefore, we should ask the question, “Why don’t Protestants call their pastors “father?”

1 Cor. 4:17 – Paul calls Bishop Timothy a beloved and faithful “child” in the Lord.

2 Cor. 12:14 – Paul describes his role as parent over his “children” the Corinthians.

Phil. 2:22 – Paul calls Timothy’s service to him as a son serves a “father.”

1 Thess. 2:11- Paul compares the Church elders’ ministry to the people like a father with his children.

1 Tim. 1:2,18; 2 Tim. 1:2-3 – Paul calls Timothy his true “child” in the faith and his son.

Titus 1:4 – Paul calls Titus his true “child” in a common faith. Priests are our spiritual fathers in the family of God.

Philemon 10 – Paul says he has become the “father” of Onesimus.

Heb. 12:7,9 – emphasizes our earthly “fathers.” But these are not just biological but also spiritual (the priests of the Church).

1 Peter 5:13 – Peter refers to himself as father by calling Mark his “son.”

1 John 2:1,1 John 2:13,14 – John calls the elders of the Church “fathers.”

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is "a Priest", huh .... like just one among MANY LORDS and SAVIRS that God raised up with the power to forgive sins? :rolleyes:

Let's examine the need for "low priests".
  • Who was Adam's priest that heard his confession and forgave his sins?
  • Who did Noah turn to to hear his confession and forgave his sins?
  • Who heard Abraham's confession and offered him forgiveness?
  • Who was Peter's Priest?
  • Who forgave Saul's sins and offered forgiveness to Paul?

Sadly, we do not have "low" priests.
Rather we suffer under Priests that "do all their deeds to be noticed by men" [Matthew 23:5].
We have priests that "love the place of honor at banquets and the chief seats" in churches. [Matthew 23:6]
We have priests that love being called with honorific titles by men. [Matthew 23:7]

We have priests that have ignored our LORD's instructions "do not be called" and "you are all brothers" [Matthew 23:8] and that "the greatest among you shall be your servant" [Matthew 23:11].

Since the RCC Priests seek to emulate the Scribes and Pharisees, let them take heed of the same Eight Woes that our Lord and Savior offered to them as a warning ... [Matthew 23:13-33].
We are made the priests and kings to God by the blood of the Lamb.

All such are the holy priesthood of God. In this manner we confess our sins to God and to one another, if we have done them wrong.

Jesus is our high priest, and we are His priests. There's no such thing as 'low' priests, except I suppose in the cases you mentioned, where they are low-lives posing as priests.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you ever hear the name ignatius . beware . Rome is infected my friend . She is infected .
We must cling to Christ and learn our bibles well . For certain men have crept in and are teaching certain meditation practices
which ought not to have been learned or taught . This is why we have seen a big push from even protestant leaders
trying to convince their own flocks to learn the early church fathers . OH its all been well planned out my friend .

the father wrote the Bible! NT anyway

which Ignatius?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone ever heard of the jesuits . Even if you have not , more than likely you already have seen
their meditation practices pumped out into many protestant churches as well .
My advice , Cling to Christ and learn those bibles well .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

so Protestantism is not the vaccine?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are made the priests and kings to God by the blood of the Lamb.

All such are the holy priesthood of God. In this manner we confess our sins to God and to one another, if we have done them wrong.

Jesus is our high priest, and we are His priests. There's no such thing as 'low' priests, except I suppose in the cases you mentioned, where they are low-lives posing as priests.

you can’t have a high priest with no low priests, he is high over the low priests who are the apostles
Jn 20:21-23

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 29:21-22 as the father sent me, I send you! Same mission power and authority
Christ had authority to choose apostles to be his successors so the apostles have same authority see acts 1 succession

So why doesn't the POPE and CARDINALS and BISHOPS and PRIESTS exercise their same power and authority and ministry as Jesus Christ and cure all of the sick and heal all of the lame and raise all of the murdered in their congregations?

Could it be because you are lying about the power and authority that you claim God has given you?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so Protestantism is not the vaccine?
NO its not the vaccine and mama rome is not the cure either . We must come out from amongst them
and be ye HOLY . This is a war for souls . Learn those bibles well . Stick to original doctrine and in all things
both Christ and those apostles did and taught . Deviate not one foot from that original pattern .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone ever heard of the jesuits . Even if you have not , more than likely you already have seen
their meditation practices pumped out into many protestant churches as well .
My advice , Cling to Christ and learn those bibles well .

spiritual anarchy
Personal covenant
Me and Jesus outside the church

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call no man father

Typical fundamentalist misunderstandings!

Matt 23:9
Call no man Father?

Is this an absolute requirement?
Or is Our Savior condemning pride and spiritual pride of the Pharisees?

God calls men father!

Ex 3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Jesus calls men father!

Jn 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

Mary calls men father!

Lk 1:55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Peter calls men father!

Acts3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

The stephen calls men father!

Acts 7 Stephen quotes the fathers over and over!

The Bible calls men father!

Luke 16:24
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Then there is spiritual fathers!

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Peter, Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Isa 22 the administrator of the kingdom is called father, so the same for Peter, the apostles, and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Eph 3: 14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

———-

Eph. 3:14-15 – every family in heaven and on earth is named from the “Father.” We are fathers in the Father.

Acts 7:2; 22:1, 1 John 2:13 – elders of the Church are called “fathers.” Therefore, we should ask the question, “Why don’t Protestants call their pastors “father?”

1 Cor. 4:17 – Paul calls Bishop Timothy a beloved and faithful “child” in the Lord.

2 Cor. 12:14 – Paul describes his role as parent over his “children” the Corinthians.

Phil. 2:22 – Paul calls Timothy’s service to him as a son serves a “father.”

1 Thess. 2:11- Paul compares the Church elders’ ministry to the people like a father with his children.

1 Tim. 1:2,18; 2 Tim. 1:2-3 – Paul calls Timothy his true “child” in the faith and his son.

Titus 1:4 – Paul calls Titus his true “child” in a common faith. Priests are our spiritual fathers in the family of God.

Philemon 10 – Paul says he has become the “father” of Onesimus.

Heb. 12:7,9 – emphasizes our earthly “fathers.” But these are not just biological but also spiritual (the priests of the Church).

1 Peter 5:13 – Peter refers to himself as father by calling Mark his “son.”

1 John 2:1,1 John 2:13,14 – John calls the elders of the Church “fathers.”
Plainly, we can have all the father we want, and we can be fathers to whosoever desires.

And like any father, they can be good or bad. So, if someone preaches good Scripture rightly, then I can say, thank you father. And if someone preaches men's traditions for Scripture, I can say, You ain't no father for me.

And women are thus excluded from teaching and preaching as such.

You're not a woman are you?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ponder on this . See a ruler . Now know and understand that if you give the devil even one millimeter of that ruler
HE SHALL BECOME YOUR RULER . WE MUST STICK TO BIBLICAL DOCTRINE ONLY . LEARN that pattern .
Learn , hear and DO all things JESUS taught and later the apostels would teach .

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now who are the low priests?
1 Pe 2:9-10 [NASB]
9 But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR [God's] OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 for you once were NOT A PEOPLE, but now you are THE PEOPLE OF GOD; you had NOT RECEIVED MERCY, but now you have RECEIVED MERCY.​

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be hearers and doers of the word , or be deceived . As i once lived a deceived man .
Learn , keep , heed and do all things JESUS taught and the apostels taught .
Learn it well . And the Holy Ghost shall keep the lambs safe . Stick in the scriptures.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why doesn't the POPE and CARDINALS and BISHOPS and PRIESTS exercise their same power and authority and ministry as Jesus Christ and cure all of the sick and heal all of the lame and raise all of the murdered in their congregations?

Could it be because you are lying about the power and authority that you claim God has given you?

they have the authority of Christ

example:
Acts 3:6
Then Peter said, Silver and gold have Inone; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO its not the vaccine and mama rome is not the cure either . We must come out from amongst them
and be ye HOLY . This is a war for souls . Learn those bibles well . Stick to original doctrine and in all things
both Christ and those apostles did and taught . Deviate not one foot from that original pattern .

there is only one s no grace holiness or salvation outside the church the ark of salvation