Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you can by simple obedience. It all friends upon who our what authority you choose to surrender to. If you observe Sunday, you observe and obey the Catholic Church. If you observe a "rest in Christ theme", which varies from church to church depending on your prospective, you are observing your own authority. They're is no justification for discarding the Commandment. Your excuses are simply made up according to your own imagination. You cannot biblically justify disobedience to the letter of the law. You can promote the indwelling Spirit who empowers you to obey, which you actually do elsewhere, but you reveal who your Lord in when discarding the 4th Commandment. Your going on about the covenant etc merely discloses your weak arguments, and your accusations that Sabbath keepers going understand the covenants reveals your own inhept research and scholarship. And your poor attention when attending Adventist churches. I could give you any number of brilliant links to articles, seminars, sermons, that teach sounds clear instruction and insight into the covenants... Without any reference to Ellen White... And without destroying biblical context and meaning. But because you are locked into your adopted position, I don't believe you'd be interested.

Backlit, I love hearing from you and responding to you and @quietthinker.

Besides conservative Foursquare Gospel, Seventh-day Adventists are my favorite denomination that I respect. I praise God that I had that Biblical foundation and background of the Old Covenant. And those two denominations are people who are zealous for what they believe, because you DO what you believe. And like me, you want everyone to know what you think you know. And like me, you believe you only have the real truth. I know I do. And it doesn't matter if one of us is wrong. We are living up to the knowledge that we have, and we are both God's children. Philippians 3:16. I even worship God on Saturday, but like I do everyday, from the time I get up till I go to bed, and even in my dreams. I abide in Him, and converse with Him. And, yes, He with me. BTW, you'll find this funny. On the other site I'm a member of they also have atheists and other religions, and when this atheist heard that I hear God's voice, and what He tells me to pray for comes to pass, he really got worried about me. He thought I was schizophrenic. No, I'm just supernaturally spiritually born again.

I also praise God that He led me to the full gospel - Spirit-filled Charismatic conservative Foursquare Gospel. Funny, both denominations were founded by women. Of the two, I love EGW more. I guess that is because I know more about her than I do Aimee Semple McPherson. But now I relate the most with Kathryn Kuhlman, who was nondenominational, but had such a close relationship with God who taught her that her theology was truly her own, as is mine. I actually know no one who believes exactly as I do about the interpretation of Scripture. But the relationship Kathryn had with God was the same as mine. I cried when I read her life story. We were so alike. And she gave up the same things I did for God, the love of her life. Well, now I'm rambling. I just want to say in parting that I respect both of you for loving God's commandments and keeping them. I keep the New Covenant commandments just as fervently, so in that we are just alike, and what I have always kept from my time as an Adventist, passion. I really do not worry about you two being saved, as you two and @Phoneman777 and @Eternally Grateful may about me. And @Phoneman777, I see in my alerts that you've responded to me. I'm not going to open them, as we are not going to change each other's mind. You do what you believe 100% in your heart. And I will do what I believe. And really - don't care what the rest of the world may think of you doing you. I'll see you all in heaven I'm sure.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean?
Endure in what unto salvation, and how?
We're all just as confused about your claim that the wicked can partake of agape as you are about Matthew 24:12 KJV.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And @Phoneman777, I see in my alerts that you've responded to me. I'm not going to open them, as we are not going to change each other's mind. You do what you believe 100% in your heart. And I will do what I believe. And really - don't care what the rest of the world may think of you doing you. I'll see you all in heaven I'm sure.
I'm not trying to change your mind (though that would be awesome if you did) because I'm just as worried about your salvation as you are of mine...but, my goal is to present alternate viewpoints to popular mainstream Christian myths such as "if we keep the Spirit of the Law, we can forget about the Letter of the Law" because the man who keeps the Spirit will by default always be keeping the Letter - if a man is careful to refrain from lust, will he not keep himself from the guilt of adultery?

I pray you will one day abandon faith in such inconsistent, contradictory doctrines and embrace a faith which is as reasonable and Biblically sound as mine.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not trying to change your mind (though that would be awesome if you did) because I'm just as worried about your salvation as you are of mine...but, my goal is to present alternate viewpoints to popular mainstream Christian myths such as "if we keep the Spirit of the Law, we can forget about the Letter of the Law" because the man who keeps the Spirit will by default always be keeping the Letter - if a man is careful to refrain from lust, will he not keep himself from the guilt of adultery?

I pray you will one day abandon faith in such inconsistent, contradictory doctrines and embrace a faith which is as reasonable and Biblically sound as mine.

I was an Adventist for 23 years and not once did I receive an answer to prayer. Now I keep the New Covenant commandments and 100% of my prayers are answered, because He tells me His will. I don't think you need to worry about me. I hope you pass that test too. 1 John 3:22

1 John 3:21-24; 1 John 5:14-15

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was an Adventist for 23 years and not once did I receive an answer to prayer. Now I keep the New Covenant commandments and 100% of my prayers are answered, because He tells me His will. I don't think you need to worry about me. I hope you pass that test too. 1 John 3:22

1 John 3:21-24; 1 John 5:14-15
Ahhhhh, I see. Job said "though He slay him, yet will I trust Him", but YOU decided that wasn't good enough.

The devil answers prayers all the time, y'know.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the thing is CL, If the Spirit of the Law is in ones heart so will the letter of the Law be but let's cut to the chase, its the Sabbath Commandment which you take offence at.....if you didn't you wouldn't argue against it.....and you would honour it.
I read where you said God doesn't condemn sinners for their sinful nature any more than we condemn someone who is born with Down's Syndrome. My favorite preacher said in the end it's not our sinful nature that condemns the unjust, but that provision was made for their redemption via Calvary, but their love for sin led them to ultimately reject that provision.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhhhh, I see. Job said "though He slay him, yet will I trust Him", but YOU decided that wasn't good enough.

The devil answers prayers all the time, y'know.

That's the point. I DO trust Him. 1 John 5:18 God is in control of my prayers, because I keep His eternal commandments. Why do you believe I am of the devil, because that is obvious that you do. I don't know why you have to be so mean spirited to try to take the joy out of my relationship with God, and try to make people think the devil is not in subjection to God, but the other way around. Shameful.

Don't you know anything about the New Covenant?

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Those promises have to do with the gifts of the Holy Spirit that only Prophets had under the Old Covenant. That is why 100% of my prayers get answered. He tells me His will BEFORE I pray. And I wait on Him so as to not pray my own will. I am in complete submission to Him. And the devil cannot come near me to answer my prayers as you misguidedly make up. God is even in control of what the devil is allowed and what he cannot do. I doubt you ever hear that in the SDA church.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I read where you said God doesn't condemn sinners for their sinful nature any more than we condemn someone who is born with Down's Syndrome. My favorite preacher said in the end it's not our sinful nature that condemns the unjust, but that provision was made for their redemption via Calvary, but their love for sin led them to ultimately reject that provision.
Yes, God's Spirit strives with all people...throughout all the ages. None of us chose to be born on this sinful planet; he knows our disadvantages and our weaknesses. God is in the Salvation business....even at the cost of his own life.

Noah didn't stop the people coming into the Ark....they choses to stay out even when they saw the animals arriving and entering.
So, why do they choose to stay out? ......because their pride has enamoured them in their rebellion. Oh the deceitfulness of sin!

The Prophecies pointed to the time of the Messiah's birth sufficiently that men from the East were able to discern them as were Anna and Simeon. The reports of the shepherds on the hills of Bethlehem went far and wide..... events were not hidden from the religious leaders of Jesus Day....they watched events unfold....they noted the 12 year old in the Temple....they knew the history of his mother.....and by Nicodemus's own admission, they knew he was a messenger from God....they knew beyond doubt who he was yet they chose to reject him because it didn't suit the way they wanted it. Pride closed their eyes to all but their own way of seeing and in doing so made their choice, just as the people in Noah's day did....just as people do today.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God's Spirit strives with all people...throughout all the ages. None of us chose to be born on this sinful planet; he knows our disadvantages and our weaknesses. God is in the Salvation business....even at the cost of his own life.

Noah didn't stop the people coming into the Ark....they choses to stay out even when they saw the animals arriving and entering.
So, why do they choose to stay out? ......because their pride has enamoured them in their rebellion. Oh the deceitfulness of sin!

The Prophecies pointed to the time of the Messiah's birth sufficiently that men from the East were able to discern them as were Anna and Simeon. The reports of the shepherds on the hills of Bethlehem went far and wide..... events were not hidden from the religious leaders of Jesus Day....they watched events unfold....they noted the 12 year old in the Temple....they knew the history of his mother.....and by Nicodemus's own admission, they knew he was a messenger from God....they knew beyond doubt who he was yet they chose to reject him because it didn't suit the way they wanted it. Pride closed their eyes to all but their own way of seeing and in doing so made their choice, just as the people in Noah's day did....just as people do today.

Great post, QT!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG. Moses did all his writing in a BOOK (Deuteronomy 31:24 KJV) and God wrote the Ten Commandments the second time in STONE (Exodus 34:1 KJV).

The pronoun "he" in your "proof text" can apply to either Moses or the Lord, so an honest scholar like myself will appeal to other texts for clarification, while a stubborn, ignorant teacher of false doctrine like yourself will deny these other texts of Scripture in order to establish his error. Repent of this foolishness.
Did you even bother to read the texts I presented with prove the difference between the Mosaic Law and the Moral Law? Probably not, because ignorance is bliss. For instance, the Mosaic Law of ceremonies and sacrifices is clearly said to have been nailed to the Cross (Colossians 2:14-16 KJV) while the Ten Commandments are said to "stand fast forever and ever" (Psalms 111:7-8 KJV). Deliberately ignoring the evidence of the Biblical distinction between the Moral Law and the Mosaic Law so you can sleep at night is not going to prevent the rude awakening that is sure to come upon you in the end, pal.
And you have deliberately blinded yourself to the truth that Saints who refuse to keep God's commandments show their love has turned away from God and back to sin, and they will NOT enter the kingdom of God (Revelation 22:14 KJV). Please - stop teaching the lie of OSAS and start teaching the Bible, lest the latter end of you be worse than the beginning (2 Peter 2:20 KJV).

You read from your various translations to find what you want, and I will read from the single translation that I always rely upon to tell me what is true, not to tell me what I want to hear. And when people have to start diving into original languages to make make something simple in Scripture not so simple or completely different, then they have reached the end of legitimate argument.

If you want to be a Hebrew or Greek scholar, then talk to the Hebrews and Greeks, not me.

while the Ten Commandments are said to "stand fast forever and ever"

1. The 1st tables of stone included: Commandments, judgements, the making of the tabernacle, and the Levitical priesthood with the ordinances of sacrifice and service (Ex 24-31). They are summed up as the law, and commandments to be placed in the ark:

"Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written." (Ex 24:12)

The 2nd tables being placed in the ark contained: Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest. (Ex 34)

It is a lie to say only the 10 Commandments were placed in the ark: they included the judgments and ordinances for the priesthood.

Likewise, the book of the law containing the testimony of the Lord given from above the mercy seat to Moses to write was called His testimony, which was also to be put in the ark: And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee. And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel. (Ex 25:21)

It is a lie to say the tables of stone only were put in the ark.

The testimony of God in the tabernacle, called the book of the law was to be put in the ark, in the side of it, not beside the ark, but beside the tables of stone. (Deut 31:26)

2. (Psalms 19)

The Judgments were called true and righteous altogether.
God's precepts were all esteemed to be right, and anything against them was a false way, and the prophet would never forget them, for by them he was quickened.
The the soul of the prophet slept on His testimonies, and he sought them with a whole heart.
The faithfulness of God and His established earth is according to His ordinances.
God's commandments are all faithful
And the prophet loved God's law, it was his meditation all the day.

The law: it. Not 2 separate kinds, but one, even as God is one, and His ordinance is one, and His promised is one, not seeds.

There is no difference made between importance of commandments, ordinances, judgment, statutes, precepts, testimonies. All are spoken of as the same with equal import to God in righteousness and faithfulness to obey, and they are altogether given in the one and whole law of God.

Dividing law into separate parts and kinds, which God never did, is how separatists, elitists, and cultists divide the body of Christ, which the Lord hates. (Rev 2:6, 2:15) It does not matter what their doctrine and deed of doctrine was: it as a doctrine made by men, that such men did as by law, making themselves separate from the true doctrine of the apostles for the whole body of Christ. It is work and spirit of antichrist:

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. (1 John 2:19)

Sabbath keeping by law 'Christians' are Nicolaitan separatists and division makers, both by doctrine and commanded deed. You have have gone out from the doctrine of Christ and made yourselves no longer of us, it is not we who are not of you.

There be few that are chosen by God, but separatists suppose themselves to be the very very few 'chosen', not by God, but by themselves among themselves with their own really special making of law for themselves.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the point. I DO trust Him. 1 John 5:18 God is in control of my prayers, because I keep His eternal commandments. Why do you believe I am of the devil, because that is obvious that you do.
I never said you were "of the devil". I said the devil answers our prayers, too, which means answered prayer is NOT what we are to put our trust in...ONLY THE WORD.
I don't know why you have to be so mean spirited to try to take the joy out of my relationship with God, and try to make people think the devil is not in subjection to God, but the other way around. Shameful.
My intention is not to be "mean spirited" but to arouse you to your mistake. There is only ONE end time church and it is the church that "keeps the commandments of God and has the testimony of Jesus and the faith of Jesus. Did Jesus trust in answered prayer, as you do, or did He trust in God's promises when everything around Him was screaming for Him to just give up and go back to heaven?
Don't you know anything about the New Covenant?
Yes, it is defined as God writing that which He previously wrote in stone on the fleshly tables of our heart. The Two Commandments do not replace the Ten - they SUMMARIZE the Ten, but your faith tells you to discard the Sabbath when you know the Bible says the Sabbath and the rest of the Ten Commandments "stands fast forever and ever".
Those promises have to do with the gifts of the Holy Spirit that only Prophets had under the Old Covenant. That is why 100% of my prayers get answered. He tells me His will BEFORE I pray. And I wait on Him so as to not pray my own will. I am in complete submission to Him. And the devil cannot come near me to answer my prayers as you misguidedly make up. God is even in control of what the devil is allowed and what he cannot do. I doubt you ever hear that in the SDA church.
We hear that and more, but what we DON'T hear is that the Spirit will lead us to disobey commandments God has enjoined to His people, or that His commandments are grievous to obey. That is what Babylon teaches.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You read from your various translations to find what you want, and I will read from the single translation that I always rely upon to tell me what is true, not to tell me what I want to hear. And when people have to start diving into original languages to make make something simple in Scripture not so simple or completely different, then they have reached the end of legitimate argument.

If you want to be a Hebrew or Greek scholar, then talk to the Hebrews and Greeks, not me.
Sometimes it takes a study into the original texts to arrive at the proper conclusion.
while the Ten Commandments are said to "stand fast forever and ever"

1. The 1st tables of stone included: Commandments, judgements, the making of the tabernacle, and the Levitical priesthood with the ordinances of sacrifice and service (Ex 24-31). They are summed up as the law, and commandments to be placed in the ark:
WRONG - it contained the Ten Commandments alone. The reason you're so screwed up in your theology is because you're reading something other than the Bible.
The 2nd tables being placed in the ark contained: Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest. (Ex 34)
Says right there He's going to write the Ten Commandments again on the tablets, but you keep insisting Moses wrote them. We call that "willful ignorance".
It is a lie to say only the 10 Commandments were placed in the ark: they included the judgments and ordinances for the priesthood.
What is a lie is claiming that the Law of Moses which he wrote in a "book" which was placed "in the side of the Ark" so that it could be there for a "witness against thee" was placed INSIDE the Ark. IT WAS NOT. It was placed OUTSIDE the Ark in the side of it, so that when people looked upon it, they could see it there witness to all just as a witness sits upon a Witness Stand and testifies against evildoers. IT IS ASININE TO CLAIM SOMETHING PLACED INSIDE THE ARK AND OUT OF SIGHT WAS A WITNESS AGAINST ANYONE.
Likewise, the book of the law containing the testimony of the Lord given from above the mercy seat to Moses to write was called His testimony, which was also to be put in the ark: And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee. And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel. (Ex 25:21)

It is a lie to say the tables of stone only were put in the ark.

The testimony of God in the tabernacle, called the book of the law was to be put in the ark, in the side of it, not beside the ark, but beside the tables of stone. (Deut 31:26)
That's funny. Paul mentions the pot of manna, Aaron's rod, and the tables of stone in the Ark, but NO MENTION of the Mosaic Law that Moses wrote in a book, right? BECAUSE THE BOOK MOSES WROTE WAS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ARK SO THAT IT COULD BE A WITNESS AGAINST PEOPLE, NOT HIDDEN FROM SIGHT INSIDE THE ARK WHERE IT WOULD BE A WITNESS TO NO ONE.
The law: it. Not 2 separate kinds, but one, even as God is one, and His ordinance is one, and His promised is one, not seeds.

There is no difference made between importance of commandments, ordinances, judgment, statutes, precepts, testimonies. All are spoken of as the same with equal import to God in righteousness and faithfulness to obey, and they are altogether given in the one and whole law of God.

Dividing law into separate parts and kinds, which God never did, is how separatists, elitists, and cultists divide the body of Christ, which the Lord hates. (Rev 2:6, 2:15) It does not matter what their doctrine and deed of doctrine was: it as a doctrine made by men, that such men did as by law, making themselves separate from the true doctrine of the apostles for the whole body of Christ. It is work and spirit of antichrist:

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. (1 John 2:19)
I showed you where GOD HIMSELF speaks of His law as separate and apart from the Law of Moses, but you refuse to beleive the truth. Only a fool will argue there is no difference between the two laws when it is clear that we are free to not keep Passover, but we will NEVER be free to break any of the Ten Commandments.
Sabbath keeping by law 'Christians' are Nicolaitan separatists and division makers, both by doctrine and commanded deed. You have have gone out from the doctrine of Christ and made yourselves no longer of us, it is not we who are not of you.

There be few that are chosen by God, but separatists suppose themselves to be the very very few 'chosen', not by God, but by themselves among themselves with their own really special making of law for themselves.
Sabbath keeping is a sign of God's obedient followers, while deliberate known sin is the sign of those who are following their father the devil. You know full well you are not at liberty to break any of the other nine commandments, but you refuse to keep that pesky fourth commandment...and you're so blinded by the enemy, you can't see how ridiculous that is. When I heard the truth, I chose to follow God and obey ALL of His commandments. You chose to ignore them and make breaking them your boast...now, which of us is more in line with what Satan does and which is more in line with Jesus Who said, "I have kept My father's commandments, and abide in His love"? You seeem to think breaking His commandments demonstrates love, which is a doctrine of devils straight from the pits of hell.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My intention is not to be "mean spirited" but to arouse you to your mistake. There is only ONE end time church and it is the church that "keeps the commandments of God and has the testimony of Jesus and the faith of Jesus. Did Jesus trust in answered prayer, as you do, or did He trust in God's promises when everything around Him was screaming for Him to just give up and go back to heaven?

What you don't understand is the commandments of God John is writing about in Revelation are the higher eternal laws that the Ten Commandments were fashioned after, but at a lower level to match their carnal natures. That is why that Law could make no man righteous. God wrote his higher laws on our hearts, reaching the very core of us, making us righteous through His Spirit. The commandments of the New Covenant of the Spirit, taught by Jesus are in 1 John 3:23 and are exactly like the higher eternal commandments of God to Love. They are of the Spirit, not the carnal letter.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you CL....but are you aware that agreeing with me indicts you?

But you are not obnoxious about it! I love you and Backlit, and the denomination of Seventh-day Adventists. What a fabulous background and foundation in the Word.

I want you two to really know about the Holy Spirit and the baptism of fire.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes it takes a study into the original texts to arrive at the proper conclusion.
WRONG - it contained the Ten Commandments alone. The reason you're so screwed up in your theology is because you're reading something other than the Bible..
1. Sometimes it takes a study into the original texts to arrive at the proper conclusion.

And usually it takes a really deep dive into the original languages to twist perfectly plain translated Scripture. Both the created-christ and the Sabbath-keepers do it.

2. The 1st tables of stone included: Commandments, judgements, the making of the tabernacle, and the Levitical priesthood with the ordinances of sacrifice and service (Ex 24-31). They are summed up as the law, and commandments to be placed in the ark:

WRONG - it contained the Ten Commandments alone. The reason you're so screwed up in your theology is because you're reading something other than the Bible.

Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written. (Ex 24:12)

Law and commandments.

3. The 2nd tables being placed in the ark contained: Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest. (Ex 34)

Says right there He's going to write the Ten Commandments again on the tablets, but you keep insisting Moses wrote them. We call that "willful ignorance".

And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.
(Ex 34:27-28)

Moses wrote upon the tables. The words of the covenant included the law, and the 10 commandments (Ex 24:12). The 1st time God gave the 10 commandments in Ex 20, Moses wrote them in the book of the covenant, before ever they were written by God in stone, along with His judgements. (Ex 24:3-4)

You are blind as a bat with the vail of Sabbath keeping over your cave's entrance. You have no clue what you are talking about.

4. It is a lie to say only the 10 Commandments were placed in the ark: they included the judgments and ordinances for the priesthood.

IT WAS NOT. It was placed OUTSIDE the Ark in the side of it, so that when people looked upon it, they could see it there witness to all just as a witness sits upon a Witness Stand and testifies against evildoers. IT IS ASININE TO CLAIM SOMETHING PLACED INSIDE THE ARK AND OUT OF SIGHT WAS A WITNESS AGAINST ANYONE.

The Lord commanded Moses:
And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee. And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel. (Ex 25:21)

And Moses commanded the Levites:
Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. (Deut 31:26)

The book of the law placed in the ark, in the side thereof. Beside the tables of stone.

What is humanistically asinine is to think the people never heard nor knew what was written and placed therein. How could they know the tables of 'blessing' then? They were read many times over and over again in the hearing of the people, and the original copies were placed in the ark with the tables of stone. Even as the original Constitution is kept under lock and key, but any can hear and read for themselves.

5. That's funny. Paul mentions the pot of manna, Aaron's rod, and the tables of stone in the Ark, but NO MENTION of the Mosaic Law that Moses wrote in a book, right? BECAUSE THE BOOK MOSES WROTE WAS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ARK SO THAT IT COULD BE A WITNESS AGAINST PEOPLE, NOT HIDDEN FROM SIGHT INSIDE THE ARK WHERE IT WOULD BE A WITNESS TO NO ONE.

Since we know God told Moses to place it in the ark, and Moses told the Levites to place it in the side of the ark, then we know it was in the ark, in the side. Paul did not mention it. Why? You figure it out. No need to? Papyrus not last as long as a golden pot, stone, and rod? doesn't really matter.

5. I showed you where GOD HIMSELF speaks of His law as separate and apart from the Law of Moses, but you refuse to beleive the truth. Only a fool will argue there is no difference between the two laws when it is clear that we are free to not keep Passover, but we will NEVER be free to break any of the Ten Commandments.

There is one law (Num 9). Not two.

The Passover was the first commanded ordinance for ever (Ex 12), and the Levitical priesthood was everlasting (Num 25). And they have changed. Only a fool would argue the 10 commandments are still all in effect, when the law of the commandments, and the coveant and Passover and priesthood are not. They were all called for ever and everlasting, and now they are not. Why not? They crucified the One Who gave it to them.

Only a bigger fool would think a sabbath-keeping law is more important than the death of Christ on the cross, and the Passover that foreshadowed His sacrifice.

6. Sabbath keeping is a sign of God's obedient followers,

Sabbath keeping is a proof of commandments of men.

You know full well you are not at liberty to break any of the other nine commandments

Here are the commandments in the loaw of Christ, the royal law of the Spirit:
1. Love the Lord thy God (1 Cor 16) 2. Love thy neighbor as thyself (James 2) 3. honor thy mother and father (Eph 6) 4. No idols (1 John 5) 5. Not kill (Rom 13) 6. Not steal (Rom 13) 7. No false witness (Rom 13) 8. No adultery (James 2)

I read 8.

Honoring mother and father was the 1st commandment with promise (Eph 6:2), not Sabbath keeping, which only carried cursing if not carnally kept under law of Moses, and now has no curse, because is not law of Christ.

When I heard the truth, I chose to follow God and obey ALL of His commandments. You chose to ignore them and make breaking them your boast...

When you were proselytized, you fell in line, and are now two-fold more child of hell than they, with ignorance and blindness to anything else. I choose not to be proselytized, and you are jealous of my liberty, even as the Jews of old, whom you emulate.

I don't boast of anything, especially not 'breaking' a commandment that no longer is law of God. I suppose I could boast somewhat in rejecting your childish proselytizing efforts.

now, which of us is more in line with what Satan does

Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm. (1 Tim 1)

But there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ...I would they were even cut off which trouble you. (Gal 1,5)

Whether circumcisers or sabbath demanders, you are all the same, and you separate yourself from the body of Christ by it:

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. (I John 2)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a lie is claiming that the Law of Moses which he wrote in a "book" which was placed "in the side of the Ark" so that it could be there for a "witness against thee" was placed INSIDE the Ark. IT WAS NOT. It was placed OUTSIDE the Ark in the side of it, so that when people looked upon it, they could see it there witness to all just as a witness sits upon a Witness Stand and testifies against evildoers. IT IS ASININE TO CLAIM SOMETHING PLACED INSIDE THE ARK AND OUT OF SIGHT WAS A WITNESS AGAINST ANYONE.
That's funny. Paul mentions the pot of manna, Aaron's rod, and the tables of stone in the Ark, but NO MENTION of the Mosaic Law that Moses wrote in a book, right? BECAUSE THE BOOK MOSES WROTE WAS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ARK SO THAT IT COULD BE A WITNESS AGAINST PEOPLE, NOT HIDDEN FROM SIGHT INSIDE THE ARK WHERE IT WOULD BE A WITNESS TO NO ONE.
I showed you where GOD HIMSELF speaks of His law as separate and apart from the Law of Moses, but you refuse to beleive the truth. Only a fool will argue there is no difference between the two laws when it is clear that we are free to not keep Passover, but we will NEVER be free to break any of the Ten Commandments.
Sabbath keeping is a sign of God's obedient followers, while deliberate known sin is the sign of those who are following their father the devil. You know full well you are not at liberty to break any of the other nine commandments, but you refuse to keep that pesky fourth commandment...and you're so blinded by the enemy, you can't see how ridiculous that is. When I heard the truth, I chose to follow God and obey ALL of His commandments. You chose to ignore them and make breaking them your boast...now, which of us is more in line with what Satan does and which is more in line with Jesus Who said, "I have kept My father's commandments, and abide in His love"? You seeem to think breaking His commandments demonstrates love, which is a doctrine of devils straight from the pits of hell.

I believe the lesson in all this is quite simple: If I were rebuking someone who believed it was not transgression to live in fornication in Christ, then I would quote the simple Scriptures declaring it is, and if they argued against it, then I would do as Paul said and reject the heretic after the first or 2nd admonition, and let them do as they wish.

Therefore, you ragingly persistent efforts to convince me of something that is not plainly written for me in my Lord's covenant is proof, that you are not admonishing against transgression, but rather proselytizing for men.

And by all the twistings and turnings and wrestings of Scripture you have shape-shifted yourself into, I am more convinced than ever by the plain Scriptures themselves, that Sabbath keeping is an elitist movement by separatist division-makers in the body of Christ. You are a cancer, that the Lord will in that day cut off and out, except you repent.

Repent of keeping a Sabbath on Saturday by free will? Not at all. Do so, and pat yourselves on the back with great applause among yourselves in all your glorious holiness. But repent of proselytizing and commanding it upon all others on pains of eternal damnation, when it is not commandment of God today.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could be making around 1,000 bucks overtime today on a fiber optic work project, but I have faith that the blessing that is in every weekly Sabbath day rest for those who choose to be obedient Christians far outweighs that and all the riches of this world.

And right proud of it too. For sure.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?
OP ^

A relationship of one Man and God is one thing...(which is being MADE by Gods works, Free from Sin. Which Sin IS being Against God.)

Relationships between Man and Man is another thing...(which No one has MADE man Free from Trespassing Against other men.) THAT is an ongoing issue for All men, by their Own works, to work out.
(And WHY, is because MEN do NOT KNOW ALL THINGS. And Because MEN do NOT know all things, they make promises they can not keep, they can cheat without knowing they are involved in a cheating scheme, and ultimately cause hurt, harm, to another, which IS their Trespass against another. )

People can lie, steal, and fornicate, whether or not they are Converted and Jesus IS "Their" Truth, Reward and Faithfulness.

The Difference is;
A Converted person CAN NOT Lie, To God
A Converted person CAN NOT Steal, from God
No person CAN Fornicate, with God.

Any person (Converted or Not), CAN lie to, steal from, fornicate with, another person.
THAT is Trespasses between two persons, and Scripture itself, teaches HOW TO AVOID that, HOW TO CORRECT that, and whatever Consequences the "one Trespassed Against", doles out, It is the Trespassers Burden to bare those Consequences.

Luke 6:
[31] And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Matt 6:
[14] For if ye (men) forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Gal 6;
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.

Glory to God,
Taken