Jesus is the beast?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Clearly, God has many titles and appellations throughout the Bible. You're not being serious, are you? You can't be that simple, can you?
Your statement is quite arrogant. Of course, God has many titles, a human can have many titles too, a human can be called father, son, friend, chief,... , but just as a human has a personal name, God also has a personal name. And this name cannot simply be replaced by words that do not even reflect the meaning of the name. The name of God appears more than 7000 times in the Bible, no name appears more often in the Old Testament than this one.

And Moses said to God, "Behold, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, The God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they will say to me What is his name? what shall I say to them? And God said unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: YHUH, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you. This is my name for ever, and this is my memory from generation to generation.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If we take the Greek numerical letters from 666, we get the letters Chi, Xi and Stigma, the very interesting thing is that the letters Chi and Stigma are the first letter and the last letter of the name Christos and these two letters were and still are used as short form of the name, it is called "Nomina sacra". The middle letter Xi is not included in the name, but if one look at this letter you get the impression that it represents a serpent, in the case of the nomina sacra it is now so, that over the two letters is a so-called "line", this line is sometimes drawn in a serpent shape. Could it not be that 666 stands for Christos? Chi and Stigma stand for the name Christos and the middle letter Xi for the serpent/satan?
The Bible says that people will worship the image of the beast, and the number is the number of a man. According to this, the beast is not really a living man but an "idol". And now which image has been worshipped for more than 1000 years? It is Jesus, the image of Jesus is the best known image, the man with the strange hand signs. I think everyone has seen a picture of him at least once. And how many kneel before his image today or have an image of him at home? I would say more than one billion.

At the top right you see the Nomina sacra, XC, and above the line which looks like a serpent, maybe its the Xi letter, which John has seen.
Christ_Pantocrator_-_Cathedral_of_Cefalù_-_Italy_2015_%28crop%29_%28cropped%29.JPG
You prove you see what you want to see. Yes Jesus is an authority the opposes others.

Our hearts will declare were we stood on the last day. God bless you

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says that people will worship the image of the beast, and the number is the number of a man. According to this, the beast is not really a living man but an "idol". And now which image has been worshipped for more than 1000 years? It is Jesus, the image of Jesus is the best known image, the man with the strange hand signs. I think everyone has seen a picture of him at least once. And how many kneel before his image today or have an image of him at home? I would say more than one billion.

At the top right you see the Nomina sacra, XC, and above the line which looks like a serpent, maybe its the Xi letter, which John has seen.

LOL!!! There are no pics of Jesus! Nope, no cameras existed during His earth ministry. And I don't know anyone who bows before a drawing of Jesus!

What you are saying about Jesus Christ, who is God, is blasphemy! You have twisted the truth beyond recognition.

2 Thes 2:1-12--Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to Him: We ask you, brothers, not to be easily upset in mind or troubled, either by a spirit or by a message or by a letter as if from us, alleging that the Day of the Lord has come. Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way. For that day will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction. He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits in God’s sanctuary, publicizing that he himself is God.
Don’t you remember that when I was still with you I told you about this? And you know what currently restrains him, so that he will be revealed in his time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but the one now restraining will do so until he is out of the way, and then the lawless one will be revealed. The Lord Jesus will destroy him with the breath of His mouth and will bring him to nothing with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is based on Satan’s working, with all kinds of false miracles, signs, and wonders, and with every unrighteous deception among those who are perishing. They perish because they did not accept the love of the truth in order to be saved. For this reason God sends them a strong delusion so that they will believe what is false, so that all will be condemned — those who did not believe the truth but enjoyed unrighteousness.

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
LOL!!! There are no pics of Jesus! Nope, no cameras existed during His earth ministry. And I don't know anyone who bows before a drawing of Jesus!
You are mistaken. There are many pictures of him, in almost 2 billion houses a picture of him is hanging. And many worship it. At the time Christianity came into being, around the 4th century, what do you think happened to those who refused to worship Jesus? In the name of Jesus and in his image there is much innocent blood. The day of reckoning will come.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
might be fair to ask what the definition of "Christian" is

wadr your question is basically demanded of anyone who does not believe exactly like the questioner, generally speaking; i could quote that question from 1000 diff lawyers on this site alone i bet

really i guess its just a way to put another believer down
@amadeus
Byrd, c'mon, that wasn't reasonable at all? It's like you deliberately cut-off the definition itself, that I supplied in order to qualify my question?
You know very well that I specifically asked him on two different occasions, one of which you quoted from, these very pointed questions:
Do you believe that Jesus is the Messiah ordained by God? Is he the saviour of mankind? Is he currently seated at the right-hand side of God?
Do you believe that Jesus is the Messiah, ordained by God, to save men from their sins (besides much other authority that he holds)?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And this name cannot simply be replaced by words that do not even reflect the meaning of the name.
Yes, it can. And it has been done a thousand times throughout the Bible. Plus, God does not have a name, YHWH is a concept, it is not a name that has been given to Him at birth, by His parents, if you know what I mean. So, the way that you are standardizing it, is not justifiable. YHWH is the verb to be, it is not His personal name, your argument is not valid.
Even Jesus himself called God many of the titles that you are ascribing to Jesus himself.
Therefore, to call Jesus 'satan' based on your premise, is entirely based on a false predicate.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
@amadeus
Byrd, c'mon, that wasn't reasonable at all? It's like you deliberately cut-off the definition itself, that I supplied in order to qualify my question?
You know very well that I specifically asked him on two different occasions, one of which you quoted from, these very pointed questions:
Do you believe that Jesus is the Messiah ordained by God? Is he the saviour of mankind? Is he currently seated at the right-hand side of God?
Do you believe that Jesus is the Messiah, ordained by God, to save men from their sins (besides much other authority that he holds)?
i would say "loaded questions," as you have strictly defined those, and that is your right too, ok, go for it

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i would say "loaded questions," as you have strictly defined those, and that is your right too, ok, go for it
I guess you have a point there. Mind you, janc is treading in very unorthodox, unconventional and radical territory. One needs to press a very specific question with him. And, I don't believe that my questions were as subjective as you claim. i.e. Is Jesus the Messiah, the saviour of the world, seated at God's right-hand?
There isn't a more sparse and fundamental, definitively Christian tenet than that, I do believe.
You would be hard-pressed to find fault in my definition, without putting into question one's own comprehension of Man, Christ, Messiah, God and salvation.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we take the Greek numerical letters from 666, we get the letters Chi, Xi and Stigma, the very interesting thing is that the letters Chi and Stigma are the first letter and the last letter of the name Christos and these two letters were and still are used as short form of the name, it is called "Nomina sacra". The middle letter Xi is not included in the name, but if one look at this letter you get the impression that it represents a serpent, in the case of the nomina sacra it is now so, that over the two letters is a so-called "line", this line is sometimes drawn in a serpent shape. Could it not be that 666 stands for Christos? Chi and Stigma stand for the name Christos and the middle letter Xi for the serpent/satan?

Christ_Pantocrator_-_Cathedral_of_Cefalù_-_Italy_2015_%28crop%29_%28cropped%29.JPG
Did you know the man of sin precedes Jesus as a false Christ? Did you know that many will come in his name saying they are Christ? Did you know he now has a new name that nobody knows?

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Did you know the man of sin precedes Jesus as a false Christ? Did you know that many will come in his name saying they are Christ? Did you know he now has a new name that nobody knows?
Satan comes and removes the Holy Names of the Bible and replaces them with names of blasphemy, thus deceiving people. What a brilliant plan. But yes I must admit, I have no absolute proof for my statements, but the clues speak for it. But what will you do when tomorrow the New Testament writings are found that contain the Original Names? That would be the irrefutable proof that the names have been manipulated. If this is not the case, we will all still see the truth in the end, and until then I say that Jesus Christ is the name of the devil and his image as well.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan comes and removes the Holy Names of the Bible and replaces them with names of blasphemy, thus deceiving people. What a brilliant plan. But yes I must admit, I have no absolute proof for my statements, but the clues speak for it. But what will you do when tomorrow the New Testament writings are found that contain the Original Names? That would be the irrefutable proof that the names have been manipulated. If this is not the case, we will all still see the truth in the end, and until then I say that Jesus Christ is the name of the devil and his image as well.
All I know is there is alot of counterfeits saying they are Christ. The man of sin will be the final counterfeit, then this happens at the return of Christ...

Zech 14 In that day shall be one Lord and his name One.

No more counterfeits.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I guess you have a point there. Mind you, janc is treading in very unorthodox, unconventional and radical territory. One needs to press a very specific question with him. And, I don't believe that my questions were as subjective as you claim. i.e. Is Jesus the Messiah, the saviour of the world, seated at God's right-hand?
There is no more sparse and fundamental, definitively Christian tenet than that, I do believe.
You would be hard-pressed to find fault in my definition, without putting into question one's own comprehension of Man, Christ, Messiah, God and salvation.
yes, my guess is that we have only the poorest definitions for those, based upon false conclusions and working backwards, mostly, aided by choosing generations of those wise in their own eyes to translate for us...pretty much just like the Bible says :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
im not sure why you go that far, even if ppl do worship Jesus (probably as Apollos), they do so against His own advice/command, right

might be fair to say that we basically turn Him into satan though, dunno

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
im not sure why you go that far, even if ppl do worship Jesus (probably as Apollos), they do so against His own advice/command, right

might be fair to say that we basically turn Him into satan though, dunno
Names are important because words have a spiritual meaning and power. Every man will be judged for what comes out of his mouth. The ancient Hebrews also called the name Baal, thinking it was the true God, but the prophets who tried to tell them "Stop calling that name" were ignored. Now these Hebrews are gone forever.
I have no proof for anything, but that there is one true God is certain and everyone will see the truth in the end.
Jesus was not made into Satan, he is.
That even the name Christ is the number 600 and 6 should make you think.
Satan is not stupid, he is dressing up. If I were Satan, I would have done exactly the same thing, manipulated the names.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Names are important because words have a spiritual meaning and power. Every man will be judged for what comes out of his mouth. The ancient Hebrews also called the name Baal, thinking it was the true God, but the prophets who tried to tell them "Stop calling that name" were ignored. Now these Hebrews are gone forever.
I have no proof for anything, but that there is one true God is certain and everyone will see the truth in the end.
Jesus was not made into Satan, he is.
That even the name Christ is the number 600 and 6 should make you think.
Satan is not stupid, he is dressing up. If I were Satan, I would have done exactly the same thing, manipulated the names.
my argument there would be that if that were the case then satan would never have never allowed the Name "Jesus of Nazareth" into the NT, bc of what that translates to, out of the rabbi-speak it was written in, which i guess that doesnt make too much sense to you right now, but consider or ask what a rabbi would hear @ "Jesus of Nazareth"

also, it might be important to note that Yah admits to making all of the "evil" in the world, and that is OT, right. You say "Jesus was not made into satan, he is" but note now that you are making definitive, absolute statements, just like believers who have eaten the fruit of tree of knowledge, eh? Maybe not the best idea

but fwiw i would agree that No son of man may die for another's sins, and that there is a little deception being played upon us NT--which incidentally i have waited about twenty years to even start discussing, trying to discuss--and it is posts like yours that have encouraged me to believe that the time is now for that, i have to suggest that if you are going to be making assertions of Absolute Truth that you at least have some kind of further evidence, for a witness?

Jesus was accused the same way you are accusing Him, right, and so imo it is only fair to ask you which of His works are you condemning Him for? Bc the fact that we now worship Him as Apollos--if that is in fact truth--or however you see it, is not His fault anyway? Jesus Himself tells us to worship Yah alone, and "hides" from the Two Greeks who came to worship Him?

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
my argument there would be that if that were the case then satan would never have never allowed the Name "Jesus of Nazareth" into the NT, bc of what that translates to, out of the rabbi-speak it was written in, which i guess that doesnt make too much sense to you right now, but consider or ask what a rabbi would hear @ "Jesus of Nazareth"

also, it might be important to note that Yah admits to making all of the "evil" in the world, and that is OT, right. You say "Jesus was not made into satan, he is" but note now that you are making definitive, absolute statements, just like believers who have eaten the fruit of tree of knowledge, eh? Maybe not the best idea

but fwiw i would agree that No son of man may die for another's sins, and that there is a little deception being played upon us NT--which incidentally i have waited about twenty years to even start discussing, trying to discuss--and it is posts like yours that have encouraged me to believe that the time is now for that, i have to suggest that if you are going to be making assertions of Absolute Truth that you at least have some kind of further evidence, for a witness?

Jesus was accused the same way you are accusing Him, right, and so imo it is only fair to ask you which of His works are you condemning Him for? Bc the fact that we now worship Him as Apollos--if that is in fact truth--or however you see it, is not His fault anyway? Jesus Himself tells us to worship Yah alone, and "hides" from the Two Greeks who came to worship Him?
I have no proof, I only read a lot and consider the clues as logical and strong. And I am no prophet and no apostle, as said we will all see the truth in the end.
And Yah is really the one who does the evil, his spirit is good, but if he wants he can also make his spirit evil, wasn't it his evil spirit that blinded the first king Saul and made him sick? And Saul is gone forever.
Therefore I say that we should fear him, because he breaks every man, wasn't it he who killed the whole army of Sanherib (185,000 men) in one night? Was it not he who killed all the children with bears because they mocked the one prophet? He is a merciful one, but he who disobeys him will feel his wrath, so he should be feared.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have no proof, I only read a lot and consider the clues as logical and strong. And I am no prophet and no apostle, as said we will all see the truth in the end.
And Yah is really the one who does the evil, his spirit is good, but if he wants he can also make his spirit evil, wasn't it his evil spirit that blinded the first king Saul and made him sick? And Saul is gone forever.
Therefore I say that we should fear him, because he breaks every man, wasn't it he who killed the whole army of Sanherib (185,000 men) in one night? Was it not he who killed all the children with bears because they mocked the one prophet? He is a merciful one, but he who disobeys him will feel his wrath, so he should be feared.
ha or obeyed, huh
also, in passing, fwiw Yah has never personally Come Down and caused you to fell His wrath after you have "disobeyed," has He? May i suggest that you are Reading stuff literally that is meant as analogy?

Last edited: