Jesus is the high priest and paid for all sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people suggest that you need to accept the Lord Jesus Christ to have your sins paid for - but is that true if Jesus one time sacrifice was the fulfilment of the Old testament Law which would in turn be the payment for sin by the death of Jesus?

See; i see that all sin has been indeed paid for - however to get to God one must come to the Cross (unless they dont have that knowledge they are able to get to God by faith due to the complexity of God being known by the sun, moon, ocean, creation), but very much those whom have been given the ability to reach out and touch base with getting to know the Lord, have a choice to make.

Their sin has been paid for. Already; due to the death, burial and resurrection. But to have new spiritual life is to die with Christ, buried the old life and raised again with Him.

Hebrews 7:27
IMG_0943.jpeg

No this is not an advertisment for h and r block unles you used me as a referall… lol, and your new (just kidding). :)

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some people suggest that you need to accept the Lord Jesus Christ to have your sins paid for - but is that true if Jesus one time sacrifice was the fulfilment of the Old testament Law which would in turn be the payment for sin by the death of Jesus?

See; i see that all sin has been indeed paid for - however to get to God one must come to the Cross (unless they dont have that knowledge they are able to get to God by faith due to the complexity of God being known by the sun, moon, ocean, creation), but very much those whom have been given the ability to reach out and touch base with getting to know the Lord, have a choice to make.

Their sin has been paid for. Already; due to the death, burial and resurrection. But to have new spiritual life is to die with Christ, buried the old life and raised again with Him.

Hebrews 7:27
View attachment 33042

No this is not an advertisment for h and r block unles you used me as a referall… lol, and your new (just kidding). :)
I'm not sure that you completely understand what it means to die for somones sins. This is your problem. It is easy for us to sometimes just accept and go along with something but have no true understanding of how it works or relates to us. Sure Jesus died on the cross, but ask yourself, what does that mean for you?

Reactions: ChristisGod

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG

And should we not then stop our ways, the ways of men, which when followed lead to sin yet again.? How can we do this? Should we just sit back and [apparently] wait for our last breath as a mortal man, or should we seek first His kingdom and righteousness expecting Him to add to us all that is needed? [see Matt 6:33] Does every man stop engaging in all of his habits which led to sin before he met the Master? If he does not, what should he expect from the high priest? What should he expect from God?

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure that you completely understand what it means to die for somones sins. This is your problem. It is easy for us to sometimes just accept and go along with something but have no true understanding of how it works or relates to us. Sure Jesus died on the cross, but ask yourself, what does that mean for you?

Hello,

To me it seems that Jesus Christ took on the sins of the world while he was being beaten by the brutes of 40 men in a room, taunting, laughing, spitting on him, and putting a crown of thorns on his head, then nailed to the cross.

In my life, I did all to him in a spiritual sense mocking God, and denying Christ (not only did I do that to him, I did it to those around me through HATRED). Those were my sins he paid for ; but it was for the whole world according to the scriptures.

If Jesus never died on the cross - then the whole world would have been completely doomed.

Why do you make such an assumption that I do not understand?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG

And should we not then stop our ways, the ways of men, which when followed lead to sin yet again.? How can we do this? Should we just sit back and [apparently] wait for our last breath as a mortal man, or should we seek first His kingdom and righteousness expecting Him to add to us all that is needed? [see Matt 6:33] Does every man stop engaging in all of his habits which led to sin before he met the Master? If he does not, what should he expect from the high priest? What should he expect from God?

Yes. Laying down our own life, by picking up the individual cross dying with Christ, buring the old life (which jesus took on the sins therefore we die to sin), being raised with Christ - and when we mess up, go to God to ask for help is essential; along with reading the word to renew the mind.

At least in my opinion, but not mine also Pauls belief and predication to do these things are essential as well.

Reactions: amadeus

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One either places their faith in the gospel and has their sins forgiven or they do not and must pay for them. Unbelief condemns them and belief saved them as per Jesus teaching in John 3:16-18.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello,

To me it seems that Jesus Christ took on the sins of the world while he was being beaten by the brutes of 40 men in a room, taunting, laughing, spitting on him, and putting a crown of thorns on his head, then nailed to the cross.

In my life, I did all to him in a spiritual sense mocking God, and denying Christ (not only did I do that to him, I did it to those around me through HATRED). Those were my sins he paid for ; but it was for the whole world according to the scriptures.

If Jesus never died on the cross - then the whole world would have been completely doomed.

Why do you make such an assumption that I do not understand?
One thing I admire about you is your desire to understand the bible at its core level. I see your posts and know you are on a motivated journey of self awareness weather you see it like that or not. Self awareness is the revelation of Truth because when we know our True self we understand our relationship with God.

Somone you dearly love falls over and hurts themselves and starts crying with grief and shame. They experience the taste of death within there own psyche or emotions. You, from a raised position, kneel down to embrace them. Your joy becomes apart of their grief, and their grief apart of your joy. Your life becomes apart of their death, and their death apart of your life. You become living water and have died within a state of empathy so that they may have life. You then raise them up off the ground and bring them to the Father through the arms of compassion. You just died and experienced resserection within your own psyche but you brought your friend back with you.

People can claim that they make sacrifices and help other people but if they dont do it with empathy in their heart it is not True sacrifice. Without empathy it is superficial.

The man Jesus is dead now but the spirit of God still flows in his ultimate gesture of sacrifice. He still lives today within the hearts of many due to the sacrifices he made while he was walking this earth. So as you can see the sacrifices we make for other people have an eternal affect within the hearts of the living. One kind deed encourages another and so we have a ripple affect. This is the Kingdom of Heaven. Heaven is not apart from our experience now. Its not somwhere we go after we die, its somwhere we stay after we die.