Jesus kept the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new testament contains NO instructions requiring Christians to worship God and rest just one day a week... we are instead to enter in to the rest that can only be found by abiding IN Christ (and Christ abiding in us!) 7 days a week which is a far superior position since we are now under a better covenant based on better promises.

Those trying to remain in the old covenant are a day ;late and a dollar short on the outside lookin in. View attachment 39212

So what's your excuse for trying to continue living under the old covenant and rejecting the new?
You like Moses better than Jesus?

By the way, when are you going to deal with this?

Yep, and it's unlikely that any of the sabbatarians hanging around will be able to answer any of these questions.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've run across numerous people who believe like you and they couldn't either.

Maybe ya'll should make an official adventist bible and slip a little something in there for "proof" View attachment 39180
Hey, who cares if Adventists believe the bible teaches Saturday is the Sabbath? Is it hurting you at all?
If you don't believe it, fine. You are not going to change what they(we) believe.

Why does it bother you so much? How weird.
This is the question that needs to be asked "Why did God put a Mosaic (ceremonial) Law into the Ten commandments--He carved it with His finger, just like the other nine that all Christians keep. Did He mess up?
Why did He say Remember"? Did He think folk would forget.?

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way, when are you going to deal with this?

There's nothing to deal with... the sabbatarians have no proof from the New Testament concerning their position so... there's nothing to deal with.

Hey, who cares if Adventists believe the bible teaches Saturday is the Sabbath? Is it hurting you at all?

It's hurting those that desire to be obedient to the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ as put forth in the New Covenant where Jesus did away with the old covenant and established the new which is based on better promises.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's nothing to deal with... the sabbatarians have no proof from the New Testament concerning their position so... there's nothing to deal with.

"Proof from the New Testament" is not all that you asked for in your thread titled "Questions For Sabbatarians," so there is very much to deal with.

But what you, yourself, accuse Sabbatarians of doing in that thread here:

Yep, and it's unlikely that any of the sabbatarians hanging around will be able to answer any of these questions.

is what you are now, yourself, doing.

Also, the charges you've laid against Mrs. White have been addressed here:
(Just click anywhere on the image.)

and are waiting for your refutation, as well.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue here is you seem to believe that Moises is your high priest and the law of Moses has not been done away with which is what Ellen G White's teachings have instructed you to believe.

The new Testament clearly refutes that. Those that are followers of Ellen G White rather than followers of Jesus Christ cannot see where they've gone wrong. All your replies were adventist talking points they trained you to reply with and answers nothing as they are just excuses to try and get others to see things from Ellen G White's perspective.

Christians are called to see things from the Lord's perspective.

Why should anyone keep going round and round with someone who isn't following what the New Testament teaches??? Your mind is made up, so nothing anybody can say will cause you to quit being a follower of Ellen G White!

Those not following the New Testament.,... are already refuted. When the future gets here, we'll all see how that works out.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue here is you seem to believe that Moises is your high priest and the law of Moses has not been done away with which is what Ellen G White's teachings have instructed you to believe.

The new Testament clearly refutes that. Those that are followers of Ellen G White rather than followers of Jesus Christ cannot see where they've gone wrong. All your replies were adventist talking points they trained you to reply with and answers nothing as they are just excuses to try and get others to see things from Ellen G White's perspective.

Christians are called to see things from the Lord's perspective.

Why should anyone keep going round and round with someone who isn't following what the New Testament teaches??? Your mind is made up, so nothing anybody can say will cause you to quit being a follower of Ellen G White!

Those not following the New Testament.,... are already refuted. When the future gets here, we'll all see how that works out.

"New Testament, "New Testament," "New Testament," "Ellen G White," "Ellen G White," "Ellen G White," "Ellen G White," "the Lord's perspective," but no Scripture.

Moses was never anyone's high priest that I'm aware of. Why don't we stop playing footsie.

This issue is that you've made extensive challenges that have been met and after much appeal, the closest thing we can get to an answer is a bunch of excuses and a "Your mind is made up."

I never brought up Mrs. White. I virtually never do in discussions about doctrine. But I'm very, very used to being ambushed with baseless claims about her and once in a while, I make an effort to refute them. But I'm perfectly happy to take that off the table and never mention it again—if you are. In fact, I'd prefer it that way.

But if you think I'm going to lay down because you've decided that an obligation to keep all ten of God's commandments has to be spelled out a certain way from the New Testament only, despite the fact that you created a thread with no less than 17 Sabbath questions, nearly all of which make no such stipulation, then you've just never met me. I realize I'm pressing pretty hard here, but you practically begged for it.

And if you're going to slink away from refuting the answers I gave in your "Questions For Sabbatarians" thread, well I guess that's a pretty hard hit that your reputation for serious doctrinal discussion will have to take.

It might be time for you to quit hiding, Big Boy.

Or just say "uncle."

Happy New Year to you.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or just say "uncle."

As soon as you show me where the New Testament says Christians are required to keep Saturday sabbath.

Your religion is claiming Christians are required to keep Saturday sabbath in order so the saved so... Where's it at??? clueless.gif

You obviously have no scripture that teaches this otherwise you would post it.

It's your uncle that is crying not mine!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your religion is claiming Christians are required to keep Saturday sabbath in order so the saved

No, your religion is saying that Christians, who are saved, don't have to obey God without a special, engraved invitation from the New Testament.

And you are running like France from the sufficient evidence He's already provided in His word.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it, once again... you have no scripture and now you are mocking the New Testament to your own detriment which is too bad for you.

If Saturday sabbath was a requirement for salvation as your religion claims, then it would have been included at the Counsel at Jerusalem but it was not.

If Saturday sabbath was a requirement for salvation as your religion claims, Jesus and His Apostles and the early church would have taught this but they did not.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it, once again... you have no scripture and now you are mocking the New Testament to your own detriment which is too bad for you.

If Saturday sabbath was a requirement for salvation as your religion claims, then it would have been included at the Counsel at Jerusalem but it was not.

If Saturday sabbath was a requirement for salvation as your religion claims, Jesus and His Apostles and the early church would have taught this but they did not.

Engraved invitation

France

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus kept the Sabbath.
The Sabbath was made for man,as Jesus said. He didn't say it was made for Jews only. It was made for man,mankind.

Jesus kept the Sabbath as did his Apostles.
1 John 2:4-6
He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

"ought to walk just as Jesus walked."
Jesus walked into Synagogues and taught on Sabbath day.Healed on the Sabbath day.

Mark 2:27
It was Christ, as the God of the Old Testament, who actually created the Sabbath (John 1:1-3). It is a sign that identifies God's people just as a sign identifies a business or a street. Notice also that this covenant, made after the ratification of the Old Covenant, bound the Sabbath as a "perpetual covenant" upon God's people. Since the Sabbath has been in force from Creation, it is not just for the Jews, but for the foreigner and all mankind as well. All who keep the Sabbath properly are blessed.

Martin G. Collins
The Fourth Commandment

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it, you STILL have no scripture!

Here's another un-biblical doctrine from your religion:

The Sanctuary Doctrine is the most distinctive Adventist doctrine. Orthodox Christians commonly hold that Jesus, as our high priest, intercedes for us at God’s right hand (Heb 4:14-16; 6:20; 7:25).

But SDAs also believe that Christ entered the “sanctuary in heaven” and after a “prophetic period of 2,300 days” (ending in 1844) he entered the second and last phase of his atoning ministry, a work of “blotting out” sin.

Where is this 1844 stuff in the New Testament?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Sanctuary Doctrine is the most distinctive Adventist doctrine. Orthodox Christians commonly hold that Jesus, as our high priest, intercedes for us at God’s right hand (Heb 4:14-16; 6:20; 7:25).

But SDAs also believe that Christ entered the “sanctuary in heaven” and after a “prophetic period of 2,300 days” (ending in 1844) he entered the second and last phase of his atoning ministry, a work of “blotting out” sin.

You should run for President.

Try to stay on topic, Mr. President.

Engraved invitation

Scared like France

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus kept the Sabbath.

And He never taught His follower to keep Saturday sabbath, neither did His Apostles, and the early church never taught this either.

Jesus kept the entire law, so of course He kept the Saturday sabbath as well as the entire old testament law.

1 John 2:4-6
He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

And WHERE did Jesus command us to keep Saturday sabbath?

Since the Sabbath has been in force from Creation, it is not just for the Jews, but for the foreigner and all mankind as well.

Yes, Christians should enter in to His rest.... on ALL days, not just Saturday

Hebrews 4:10
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

No mention of doing this just one day a week.

Try to stay on topic

I am on topic!

WHERE did Jesus command us to keep Saturday sabbath or teach this commandment thru the Apostles? hello2.gif

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Could it be any clearer that you're a zenophobic Adventist-hater?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sabbatarians need to just admit you just believe keeping Saturday sabbath as a Christians is for no other reason that this is what your religion requires you to believe and to do to be saved and to remain in good stranding with your religion.

It's painfully obvious by now you folks have no scripture for this claim, so your religion requires you to believe this.

Could it be any clearer that you're a zenophobic Adventist-hater?

Oh I see... you require me to bow down and believe like you do... without scripture to back it up.... and if I don't you're going to take a play out of the liberals play book and claim I'm a "hater"?

It's not my fault you have no scripture for your position.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it's spelled "xenophobic" which means a fear or hatred of strangers or foreigners.

You must have gotten yo adjectives mixed up! laughing.gif

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And WHERE did Jesus command us to keep Saturday sabbath?

In Exodus 20

"Before Abraham was, I AM."

"I and My Father are one."

1Co 10:4 KJV And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

1Co 10:9 KJV Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And where in these references are Christians instructed to keep Saturday sabbath or they'll go to hell???

All you are doing is reading in to these scriptures something they do not actually say, engaging in eisegesis.

WHY was this not included in the Counsel at Jerusalem that met BECAUSE the claim had been raised that Christians were required to observe the Mosaic law in order to be saved?

Under the leading of the Holy Spirit, the Apostles at The council concluded that Gentile converts to Christianity were not obligated to keep most of the rules prescribed to the Jews by the Mosaic Law, such as Jewish dietary laws and other specific rituals, including the rules concerning circumcision of males

The council did, however, retain the prohibitions on eating blood, meat containing blood, and meat of animals that were strangled, and on fornication and idolatry.

Right there would have been the time to include the requirement of keeping Saturday sabbath, but the Holy Spirit did not lead them to include this and record it in the New Testament.

Obviously because it's NOT required for salvation!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see... you require me to bow down and believe like you do... without scripture to back it up.... and if I don't you're going to take a play out of the liberals play book and claim I'm a "hater"?

It's not my fault you have no scripture for your position.

I don't require you to do anything. You're attacking peripheral Adventist doctrine because you're mad that you can't bully and back off a few Sabbath-keepers.

Why don't you just admit that you're demanding a special, engraved invitation from the New Testament to obey God and you're running like France from sufficient evidence God has already provided in His Word that you, yourself asked for but can't be bothered to examine or respond to?

Or aren't I allowed to be as persistent and challenging as you have been?