JESUS LOVES ME...and I

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Loves me....and I Love Him.

Anyone care to add their own Praise and comments?

Glory to God, Amen.
Remembering the Birth of Our Great Savior, Saving us unto Him, through Him, Christ the Lord Jesus...
Merry Christmas,
Taken

D

Dave L

I have another take on this. Jesus set his love on me whom he hated. If there was something in me to love, I share his glory. If he set his love on those he hates, he receives the glory. But, through the new birth, Jesus made me lovable and others lovable.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acolyte ~ Thank you.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By this I KNOW that you favor me, because my enemy has not triumphed over me.
Psalm 41:11

Merry Christ day...everyday, Amen!

Amen, and Amen. Thank you Frank.
Yes, the Lord Favors you, Has chosen you,
Calls you brother, calls you beloved, calls you friend, and adopts you as His son.

Glory to God, Every Day... Amen!
Taken

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love this thread. You cannot get more positive than to speak of the Love of Jesus. Praise God! I did not write the message below, but thought it fitting...

The Savior who loves you says so from above you,
From high on a hill and hung up on a tree.
The Savior who loves you cries so from above you,
His blood paints a picture of love you can see.

Jesus did not whisper he loves you over a candle-lit dinner. He did not tell you he loves you in a penthouse suite. He did not send a card and flowers from heaven. He did not write you a poem in the clouds. He came down to be crucified. He says that he loves you as your sin hammers nails through his hands and hangs him up on a cross. He did not simply say that he loved you, he died to display that he loved you in the most powerful way imaginable: “God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

Greg Morse

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow...Good thread @Taken We need more of this type for sure :) What wonderful and lovely posts here. ♥︎

We often argue about other things, but on the love of the Father and His proof to us, there is no argument!! Praise His name.

I was in awe of God since 4 years old. I wanted Him with me always.
I became a true believer at age 22......I was a Christian for over 20 years before I could finally believe that I was loved and accepted by God.

The 'gospel' I was fed was- " walk straight, do everything right, don't do anything wrong, be perfect as He is perfect, and then God will love you. "

I was brain-washed by this , and believed in an angry tyrant of a God that could only love the "good" people.
( I still find that belief on this Site too now and again.." Do it right and believe it right , or you are lost :D )

Then one glorious year "by faith" I would wake in the morning and before I read the word or prayed or anything, I would say to the Lord.. " I cannot feel your love, but by faith I believe that You love me"

I did this for about ten days...then one day I said it as usual , and wow...His glory filled the bedroom , His amazing love overflowed me..and for the first time ever, I not only knew His love 'by faith', but I actually felt His overpowering love upon me.
That day in the 1980's I knew that I knew , the love that God for His people.
I was still not perfect, I still did not always get everything right.

God IS love...it is His nature....and He is His love has opened our eyes to see, feel and express His love.

Praise God for His amazing grace!

God bless you one and all. And may this season be a season and Christmas to remember. ✟

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Gal 4:4 But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.

When the time was right, Jesus left the glory, splendor, and wordhip to become a baby, to live as we do under Gods law to teach us about God and his love.
He died in our place, taking our guilt, our shame, our punishment and gave us the right to become sons of God, with all that is implied in that.

We will be united with him in glory and worship him as we ought.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"ByGrace" ~ Thank you.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow...Good thread @Taken We need more of this type for sure :) What wonderful and lovely posts here. ♥︎

We often argue about other things, but on the love of the Father and His proof to us, there is no argument!! Praise His name.

I was in awe of God since 4 years old. I wanted Him with me always.
I became a true believer at age 22......I was a Christian for over 20 years before I could finally believe that I was loved and accepted by God.

The 'gospel' I was fed was- " walk straight, do everything right, don't do anything wrong, be perfect as He is perfect, and then God will love you. "

I was brain-washed by this , and believed in an angry tyrant of a God that could only love the "good" people.
( I still find that belief on this Site too now and again.." Do it right and believe it right , or you are lost :D )

Then one glorious year "by faith" I would wake in the morning and before I read the word or prayed or anything, I would say to the Lord.. " I cannot feel your love, but by faith I believe that You love me"

I did this for about ten days...then one day I said it as usual , and wow...His glory filled the bedroom , His amazing love overflowed me..and for the first time ever, I not only knew His love 'by faith', but I actually felt His overpowering love upon me.
That day in the 1980's I knew that I knew , the love that God for His people.
I was still not perfect, I still did not always get everything right.

God IS love...it is His nature....and He is His love has opened our eyes to see, feel and express His love.

Praise God for His amazing grace!

God bless you one and all. And may this season be a season and Christmas to remember. ✟

Thank you for adding your inspiring testimony.

Glory to God,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~Windmillcharge ~

Thank you. An inspiring post.

Glory to God,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreement on the love of God is universal among true believers. It is God's core nature. Pure undiluted love. Man loves with reserve, God loves without limits. There are no limits on God's highway of love, its wide open.

^5 .. Amen.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I have expected a blow from God's hand I received instead a gentle hand on my shoulder.

Seeing his love sent to you through others is just as wonderful.

Struggling now to do things once easy the love of God sent his care. A brother named Steve Reedy came to buy a chainsaw I had for sale. He is a Profesional arborist. I had never met or known him before.

There is a very steep, tree covered slope twenty feet beyond our front porch. It drops one hundred feet to the river bottom. Every few years treesmust be trimmed to maintain our magnificent God given view of the Ouachita Mountains. I was doing it by hand a little at a time but it was slow.

After Steve, a pentecostal preacher after a worldly life, bought my saw we sat on the porch looking at the distant mountains. He said "I'll be back to trim these trees for you. I hadn't said a word to him. I was astonished and knew that God had truly sent him. A selfless act of love that was given with no thought of payment or gain.

A few weeks later he showed up with his gear. Working from a safety line he spent two hours cutting and trimming the trees that had begun to block our view.

It was if watching Jesus with a chain saw easily doing what was very hard for me.

Let me I pray do the same. See a need of any kind that I can fill and show the love of God in deeds.

An American missionary team went to Bangladesh to help. A grindingly poor Christian family living in a mud hut offered one of the men what little food they had. As he sat and shared their meager meal the wife there went and fetched a basin of water. She removed the man's shoes and began to wash his feet using her long black hair to do so. He sat and wept while she gave him the only thing she could. She had done what she could just as Jesus said.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~ amadeus ~. Thank you.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
When I have expected a blow from God's hand I received instead a gentle hand on my shoulder.

Seeing his love sent to you through others is just as wonderful.

Struggling now to do things once easy the love of God sent his care. A brother named Steve Reedy came to buy a chainsaw I had for sale. He is a Profesional arborist. I had never met or known him before.

There is a very steep, tree covered slope twenty feet beyond our front porch. It drops one hundred feet to the river bottom. Every few years treesmust be trimmed to maintain our magnificent God given view of the Ouachita Mountains. I was doing it by hand a little at a time but it was slow.

After Steve, a pentecostal preacher after a worldly life, bought my saw we sat on the porch looking at the distant mountains. He said "I'll be back to trim these trees for you. I hadn't said a word to him. I was astonished and knew that God had truly sent him. A selfless act of love that was given with no thought of payment or gain.

A few weeks later he showed up with his gear. Working from a safety line he spent two hours cutting and trimming the trees that had begun to block our view.

It was if watching Jesus with a chain saw easily doing what was very hard for me.

Let me I pray do the same. See a need of any kind that I can fill and show the love of God in deeds.

An American missionary team went to Bangladesh to help. A grindingly poor Christian family living in a mud hut offered one of the men what little food they had. As he sat and shared their meager meal the wife there went and fetched a basin of water. She removed the man's shoes and began to wash his feet using her long black hair to do so. He sat and wept while she gave him the only thing she could. She had done what she could just as Jesus said.
As the hymn-writer says:

"Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face."

Reactions: Taken and amadeus